• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Acid08

Banned
Kano On The Phone said:
As one of the top Ken players in the world, I wrote this handy guide to help novice Kens take their game to the next level.
Thanks man. Good to know there's at least one person in this thread who isn't a snob to me when I say I main Ken.

YakiSOBA

playing sagat vs jump-happy shoto's is friggin fun, all i need to do is HK, tiger shot over and over until they jump in, hard kick.... lol

although i cant seem to find the right spacing for foward+HK :(

SLYspyda

Banned
I've been out of the loop. Does everyone still have ONE alternate costume? I could've sworn I saw a Sakura online the other day with just a top and underwear on.

SLYspyda said:
I've been out of the loop. Does everyone still have ONE alternate costume? I could've sworn I saw a Sakura online the other day with just a top and underwear on.
That's her Alt 10. It's like the other alts of hers, only with no Gi

FindMyFarms said:
KillerSalsa step up son!

LOL I couldn't come close to that at all. I just finished Guile's hard trials about 2 weeks ago. I'm more of a stable one than a combo one.

That was nasty, looked like MVC2 Guile (aside: I was playing this yesterday; he's so good in it :'( ).

Hot dog, I think we may have a wiener with that combo.

Acid08 said:
Thanks man. Good to know there's at least one person in this thread who isn't a snob to me when I say I main Ken.
No problem. People like that just don't understand the depth of the character. I'm working on "Throwing Fireballs At Full Screen" and "Completing the Fierce Dragon Punch Upon Wakeup" advanced guides, so keep an eye out.

Any tips for Balrog players against the following?:
Tigershot happy Sagats that zone and hard kick when trying to jump in.
Blocking Vega's super and what moves can I punish if I block.
Jump happy Bisons and Sagats.

LosDaddie

Banned
Adam Prime said:
So I'm a pretty shit player - Have around 700 BP and a 38% winning percentage. Anyone *around* my level want to play/beat up on me, give ma shout out. PSN: adam_prime

Sorry about not being able to play last weekend. We must game soon. Weekend nights are ideal for me.....and I'm on Eastern time.

Oh and you may be a "shit player", but you have more BR than me. :lol

MiniBossBattle said:
1. TAP or Headbutt.
2. TAP to avoid.
3. Headbutt or Crouching Fierce.

catfish said:
great!

got visitors for a couple days, but I'll be on again soon.

think I got your fr black_vegeta

Must have been someone else, but I just sent the fr now. :D

"No problem. People like that just don't understand the depth of the character. I'm working on "Throwing Fireballs At Full Screen" and "Completing the Fierce Dragon Punch Upon Wakeup" advanced guides, so keep an eye out."

Kano on the Phone, you're killing me mang!! :lol :lol :lol

LosDaddie said:
That's some impressive work. You're clearly on another level than I am.
Thanks. I'm still doing too many stupid moves and taking big risks with headbutts and overheads. Also I'm messing up a lot of basic links and chains, although that might be because of the online latency. I don't remember messing those up this much in the arcade.

Saya

I need some help with pulling of the Akuma ultra with the 360 controller. How exactly do I perform that move? What does the L mean before each button?

Natural

Thought i'd start going through all the character challenges, and after doing 3 or 4 characters i've come up to Sagat and his Fake Kick.. is it meant to be this hard or am I missing a trick here? How fast exactly do you have to press HK?! I can't believe i'm stuck on normal challenge one :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
I'm still doing too many stupid moves and taking big risks with headbutts and overheads. Also I'm messing up a lot of basic links and chains......

Shit man, if you say so:lol Your 'Rog looks dominant to me

Natural said:
Thought i'd start going through all the character challenges, and after doing 3 or 4 characters i've come up to Sagat and his Fake Kick.. is it meant to be this hard or am I missing a trick here? How fast exactly do you have to press HK?! I can't believe i'm stuck on normal challenge one :lol
Really fast. It's much easier to perform on a Sanwa button by feathering.

BitchTits

Saya said:
I need some help with pulling of the Akuma ultra with the 360 controller. How exactly do I perform that move?
The input windows for Akuma's Ultra/Super are pretty big for SF4, you tap everything, don't hold or charge.

MIMIC

Banned
Natural said:

I finished them all and this is one I still don't get (nor care to). I think I just button mashed HK (varying the pressure, 360 controller - my HK was mapped to RT) and it came out.

Game: "Success!"
Me: "Whatever!"

Natural said:

The only way I got that one is I used turbo, lol.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Leunam said:
GGs to Kaako yesterday.
Your Abel is sick bro...couldn't get past his rolls and tornado throws lol. I tried to throw you when you rolled, but wasn't very successful. :lol
Thanks for the matches man. I noticed that the level of competition is very high here on gaf. We have some downright really good to amazing players and I hope to be half as good as you guys someday!

YakiSOBA

Natural said:

Wait until you get to Sagat's 2nd last hard trial :) that one is fun haha... but yeah the fake kick, i just kept hitting the 3xkick button over and over as fast as i could until it worked... the funny thing is now when i'm playing as sagat and i win a match, i always try to land one last hit after the KO comes out by tapping HK over and over, and 9/10 times i get fake kick that comes out :lol

AZ Greg

Man, even with all the other great fighting games coming out recently, this is the one I keep coming back to. Really wish they would add lobbies. :(

If anyone wants to play, I'm going to be on the 360 version right now. Add me, GT - AZ Greg

MiniBossBattle said:

Sagat... Balrog's jumping fierce will trade with Sagat's roundhouse almost all of the time, or even win. Jumping fierce is a really good move. You could also try jumping short to bait the roundhouse and headbutting into ultra etc. TAP through tigershots from a safe distance. Don't leave enough room for Sagat to bait the TAP and throw a tiger knee before you get there.

Vega... I wouldn't try to block his super. I would probably dash punch away from it right before it hits or jump away with fierce.

Anyone that is jump happy... Use your crouching fierce uppercut. I think it is crouching fierce (don't play Balrog lol). It's a really good anti-air.

The reason not to main Ken in this game isn't because of its tier position, it's because maining Ken (or Ryu, or anything that throws a Fireball that isn't named Chun-Li) makes you a 12 year old kid that's incapable of playing the game beyond wakeup Shoryus and Jump HK -> Low HK.

It's true. Ask anyone.

KittenMaster said:
The reason not to main Ken in this game isn't because of its tier position, it's because maining Ken (or Ryu, or anything that throws a Fireball that isn't named Chun-Li) makes you a 12 year old kid that's incapable of playing the game beyond wakeup Shoryus and Jump HK -> Low HK.

It's true. Ask anyone.

I second that.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Lyte Edge said:
Maybe he changed his mind, but last time he talked about it, he said he was never coming back to NeoGAF.
He reads Gaf everyday and tells me how much he misses it! :lol

Jazzy Network said:
Just played a Ryu online with over 10000GP that was using a Ken flowchart. Did I miss the memo that they integrated Ken's flowchart into Ryu's?

I played one a few days ago. I just remember thinking two or three times, 'damn I didn't think he would wake up shoryu AGAIN.'

GamerSoul

prodystopian said:
I played one a few days ago. I just remember thinking two or three times, 'damn I didn't think he would wake up shoryu AGAIN.'

I'm not hating on Ken, but he always ends up doing that. it get's annoying cuz it's so fast and my Sakura footsies can't stop it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
GamerSoul said:
I'm not hating on Ken, but he always ends up doing that. it get's annoying cuz it's so fast and my Sakura footsies can't stop it.
what? :lol as a sak player, I love it when my opponents give me free combos.

Kccitystar

CO_Andy said:
Anybody round here actually use Zangief in online matches? Doesn't seem to be a GAF favorite apparently.

I do, and it seems like every other Zangief I've encountered embraces the almighty LARIAT

ArjanN

Kccitystar said:
I do, and it seems like every other Zangief I've encountered embraces the almighty LARIAT

Man I love doing Dan's knee kick in the air on that lariat over and over, they never learn! :lol

Top Bottom