• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

"Who the hell are these people? Random online players are beating some of the big name Japanese players like Itabashi and KSK."

From what I understand, KSK doesn't really play SF4 much.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Rice-Eater said:
Sorry if you misunderstood. I don't know jack, I was just making a joke :D

I too would like to know if guys like Kuroda and Kokujin have made the move to SF4.

dammit..someone has to know!?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else notice a MASSIVE increase in Ryus lately?

It's like RYU fighter 4 in championship mode these days.

catfish said:
anyone else notice a MASSIVE increase in Ryus lately?

It's like RYU fighter 4 in championship mode these days.

Some like to blame it on Daigo winning Evo, but it's been like that for a while now. Ken still dominates Rank matches, but Ryu dominates Championship mode from G2 and beyond. I think part of the reason is Ken players switching over to Ryu, but who really knows.

Shiro's turn, best Abel in the world right now.

Rice-Eater said:
Some like to blame it on Daigo winning Evo, but it's been like that for a while now. Ken still dominates Rank matches, but Ryu dominates Championship mode from G2 and beyond. I think part of the reason is Ken players switching over to Ryu, but who really knows.

Shiro's turn, best Abel in the world right now.

I'm one of those Ken sellouts. Mained Ken since SF2, but I now main Ryu. No, not because of tier lists, I still mess around with Ken, but aside from a good footsie game, he sucks on so many levels.

Shiro's Abel is incredible, made me start messing around with Abel, still working on my mix-ups and need to learn some resets.

Fubarduck up now

R-Chan(Boxer) beats Fubar pretty handedly.

Zangi-Tan beats Ameriken

Itabashi beats Rick O

Waida beats Fubarduck

Totty beats Marn

Americans are 0-4 in Americans vs Japanese play so far

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well, the secret of japans dominance in SFIV is revealed. Their human males can obtain coupling with the females by showing proficiency at the game. Might as well give up america your womans will never deem videogames to be badass like we truly know them to be.

Something is just not right, all those Japanese woman SF4 players are HOT. I don't give a shit if the screen is small and you can't really tell, they're hot I say. And some of them are pretty fucking good at the game as well.

GriffD17

catfish said:
well, the secret of japans dominance in SFIV is revealed. Their human males can obtain coupling with the females by showing proficiency at the game. Might as well give up america your womans will never deem videogames to be badass like we truly know them to be.

haha. Nice. I went to a fairly quaint tournament around where I live last weekend. I didn't do very well, but I did beat a fellow with a gorgeous girlfriend. I then asked myself if this was a real victory or not. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GriffD17 said:
As a Chun player, getting rushed down by a Rufus like that is terrifying.

Make him jump... f.FP will stop him. Works as a great AA. Kikoken ->Wait for Jump > f.FP

I don't worry much about Rufus's these days (or well... the days I actually was REAL GOOD at the game ... with... the pad! *sadface*), I worry more about Shotos and Sagat (which is an OPed Shoto technically).

Last night I played an Akuma that just ran away and hadoukened. So, I got close, gave him a beating, backed to the other side of the level and saw how he repeated the same process thinking he could hit me. I just used Chun's best taunt... her yawn :lol Guy just did that for 70 seconds, rushed in, and I proceeded to beat him. The taunting was the best part haha.

GriffD17

Relix said:
Make him jump... f.FP will stop him. Works as a great AA. Kikoken ->Wait for Jump > f.FP

Forward fierce punch? Still not completely familiar with all the notations. I thought neutral fierce and forward were the same?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GriffD17 said:
Forward fierce punch? Still not completely familiar with all the notations. I thought neutral fierce and forward were the same?

Yea, Forward Fierce. Standing can work but it's at a closer range and not always that certain. Forward FP does a better job.

Also... CHUN VS SAGAT! GO CHUN!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn that FADC Blanka combo... I ate that three times last night. Also... the Chun player was too repetitive. Don't know why she did the same.

Still... Sagat is overpowered!! FUUUCK YOOOU!!!

PD: If all Female SF4 players are that hot in Japan I am moving.

GriffD17

I really need to play with you sometime Relix. Maybe later in the weekend perhaps. I am still quite uncomfortable with her AA. There's often times that players will continually just rush me down. I'll block three or four strikes, they'll jump and then rinse and repeat.

Gah. I hate it.

Top Bottom