• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ravien56

bdizzle said:
Ok, that'll work. Whose doing the Brawler pack and beauty pack? Like I said I pre-ordered the CE so I'll have that. My only concern is how exactly does PSN game sharing work. I'm worried that you can only share to 5 other accounts total and not 5 per DLC. If it's 5 total I might need to sit this one out since I've shared DLC with a total of 4 PS3's including my own.

EDIT:

so does that mean I'm out? I can only share with 1 other person it seems.

I didn't even know HD Remix did that. I'll check HD Remix and SFIV to see if it does it. My lights been going in & out all day cause of a storm, so I may not be able to do it

By title screen do you mean the Press Start screen in HD remix? Or the screen the has Single Player, Multiplayer, Options, etc?
like the 1 guy said, we cant use your account and all of us log on to ur acccount to grab the dlc because your almost maxed....1 of us is gonna make a new account, ull log in with the info, input the code, and we will all get it

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I officially hate Zangief on the hardest difficulty setting... he's just so aggravating with constant grappling lol.

I want to play online too...how can so many people be playing on Live right now. It's not fair :( Is it pointless to go for the Asian version now since the release is a week away?

vertopci

Deadly Monk said:
I want to play online too...how can so many people be playing on Live right now. It's not fair :( Is it pointless to go for the Asian version now since the release is a week away?

Seeing as how it would probably take more than a week to get to you, I would say so :lol

negitoro7

bdizzle said:
I'll check SFIV to see if it does it. My lights been going in & out all day cause of a storm, so I may not be able to do it

By title screen do you mean the Press Start screen in HD remix? Or the screen the has Single Player, Multiplayer, Options, etc?
I don't know which screen it would be on SFIV console, but all I know is the arcade cycles through the Top Scores - Ranking Mode as part of it's "attract mode", which means nobody is playing it and it's aim is to attract players, hence the name.

Please try booting up the game and touching nothing, I'm hoping it'll go through the score ranking screens that way eventually. Thanks! I appreciate it.

Guled

mh56 said:
like the 1 guy said, we cant use your account and all of us log on to ur acccount to grab the dlc because your almost maxed....1 of us is gonna make a new account, ull log in with the info, input the code, and we will all get it
this, I'll make a new account around the time the game comes out and I'll pm the details

-Mikey-

Deadly Monk said:

I ordered one off of play-asia late tuesday night and according to fed ex tracking I'll get it tomorrow morning.

Although there were a few peeps over at srk that ordered just a few hours after me and they got an e-mail saying feb. 19th.

Tenbatsu

bigswords said:
Hmm it's released in Singapore already. LOL the game is "made in Singapore" (well printed I guess). Guess Capcom Asia in HK released the Asian version early.
360 asia games are always made in Singapore. I have the ps3 asia version, its made in japan.

mh56 said:

Ahh ok, that makes sense. It's good see gaf always has everything under control.

Guled said:
this, I'll make a new account around the time the game comes out and I'll pm the details

Ok, it's best to PM me on PSN because once I have my TE stick and the game on PS3, you'll probably not see me on gaf for a while lol my psn's longmeat

negitoro7 said:
I don't know which screen it would be on SFIV console, but all I know is the arcade cycles through the Top Scores - Ranking Mode as part of it's "attract mode", which means nobody is playing it and it's aim is to attract players, hence the name.

Please try booting up the game and touching nothing, I'm hoping it'll go through the score ranking screens that way eventually. Thanks! I appreciate it.

I let it sit at the start screen for about a minute and it goes from watching a match to about a 5 minute ink trailer showing all the characters (which looks incredible BTW). Then it cycles back again.

When I press start and let it set at the mode main menu for over 20 minutes and nothing happens. Sorry to disappoint.

I'll say it again, to master this game you need a stick. I was playing trial mode with Sagat and I felt my fingers and wrists were going to break. The amount of dexterity needed to do some of the higher level combos is insane and almost impossible to do with a pad. And this game is all about links. Links and cancels.....and more links lol

I think I'm gonna go ahead and keep the TE sticks for the PS3 and 360 now, I was gonna just keep one, but Capcom's made me their whore once again.

EDIT

Cheebs said:
So online is worldwide right? Japanese players can play with americans in the various online modes...etc?

Yeah online is worldwide. I've played people from Japan, France, Netherlands, Korea, and China (I think) Surprisingly lag wasn't that bad. Even playing JP players. Capgod strikes once again. Hopefully the PS3 version stands up as well.

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
Join us...in the corner filled with tears. =/
This does totally suck. I ended up making another call my reserving store, and the clerk said that they'd be coming in the same day as the game; Tuesday of next week. I actually read later on in the thread and saw someone basically confirm this non-sense. So like, I fail to see why I bothered reserving one at the store when I could have had it now if I had reserved it via the website. All kinds of lame if you ask me. It's like going to a restaurant that has a drive-thru and the people working are supposed to be manning both, but giving precedence to the drive-thru customers; not to the customers who parked and literally entered the restaurant.

So I'm pissed... But I want my TE stick, so my desire is going to supersede my anger. *sigh*

I was in Best Buy today around 7pm est asking to see if maybe a few TE sticks were laying around. I asked around no one knew what I was talking about : ( good luck

bigswords

Tenbatsu said:
I experienced lag during yesterday matches with my local friend but its still manageable. Online 1 on 1 is awesome:D

What's his connection bar status? Local has always been full green for me.

Darkman M

awilliams213 said:
I was in Best Buy today around 7pm est asking to see if maybe a few TE sticks were laying around. I asked around no one knew what I was talking about : ( good luck

I think TE sticks at bestbuy were online only.

Guled

-Mikey- said:
What are the chances I go to the midnight launch at my local gamestop and talk someone into selling me their TE stick?
there is no midnight launch, the game is not street dated

Just got back from playing the game at a friend's house with some of my fighting game buddies. SF4 is crack. 8 hours straight of SF4 and I still want more

mailgooglecom.jpg

Some friends:
mailgoogle2.jpg

Random vid:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Sig552AE/?action=view&current=0211091925.flv
:lol
I love fighting games.

i'm as hyped for the game as all of you weaksauce "comp" up in here. but for real, going back and looking at the ex footage i'm like...capcoooooom! yoooou! *shakes finger*

Darkman M

charsace said:
Man you're hilarious.
not really

The only thing the game has in common with EX is that both are 3D.

SF4 has 3d models but gameplay is pure 2d, Ex was 3d fighting from waht i remember.

edit: looking back on it EX was 2d fighting as well it just sucked :(

MoxManiac

bumpkin said:
This does totally suck. I ended up making another call my reserving store, and the clerk said that they'd be coming in the same day as the game; Tuesday of next week. I actually read later on in the thread and saw someone basically confirm this non-sense. So like, I fail to see why I bothered reserving one at the store when I could have had it now if I had reserved it via the website. All kinds of lame if you ask me. It's like going to a restaurant that has a drive-thru and the people working are supposed to be manning both, but giving precedence to the drive-thru customers; not to the customers who parked and literally entered the restaurant.

So I'm pissed... But I want my TE stick, so my desire is going to supersede my anger. *sigh*

Yeah..it's ridiculous. I even paid mine off in full at the store long ago. Sigh. I really wanted to break the stick in a bit on HDR.

Barkley's Justice said:
i'm as hyped for the game as all of you weaksauce "comp" up in here. but for real, going back and looking at the ex footage i'm like...capcoooooom! yoooou! *shakes finger*

I don;t know if you're joking/trolling (I don't understand what you're trying to say), but the game plays nothing like an EX game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You guys all fell for the bait. I guess the wait is making people irritable.

In other news, the GameShark store got the wall scrolls in. I don't know how supply constrained these are going to be but wall scrolls usually sell out rather quickly and are never printed again. It'll be interesting to see if MadCatz bucks this trend or follows it.

Darkman M

SapientWolf said:
You guys all fell for the bait. I guess the wait is making people irritable.

In other news, the GameShark store got the wall scrolls in. I don't know how supply constrained these are going to be but wall scrolls usually sell out rather quickly and are never printed again. It'll be interesting to see if MadCatz bucks this trend or follows it.

Hopefully mine is here tomorrow friday the latest!:D

Sagat's FADC f.rh -> Ultra is so much harder in real life. In my mind I had that shit down. :lol
I was getting some win streaks with Blue Bison though. EX Headstomp is beautiful.

Top Bottom