• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

rikichi

so if i bought the JP game at shopncsx tonight, with over night shipping, will i receive the game by Saturday the latest?

i want it now! :lol

CPS2

GalacticAE said:
Sagat's FADC f.rh -> Ultra is so much harder in real life. In my mind I had that shit down. :lol
I was getting some win streaks with Blue Bison though. EX Headstomp is beautiful.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but heard from a very good player that it only works off low MK / low MP / standing MP > HP DP > FADC > towards+HK > ultra. Haven't tested it myself. There's other towards+HK setups, it should work off a DP trade, or anti air towards+HK (even if it trades).

mujun

just got the 360 version. i'm in japan so if anyone wants to play me or test how it works over oceans then add me as a friend: beelzebubble.

UC1 said:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but heard from a very good player that it only works off low MK / low MP / standing MP > HP DP > FADC > towards+HK > ultra. Haven't tested it myself. There's other towards+HK setups, it should work off a DP trade, or anti air towards+HK (even if it trades).
Yea I only got it off trades and AA really. Didn't know you needed to do a duck kick before the Tiger Upper to get it to work. But really, FADCs are pretty tought to get down enough to use them in a match consistently.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Someone posted on SRK how to unlock all the characters so I added it to the OP.

GalacticAE said:
Sagat's FADC f.rh -> Ultra is so much harder in real life. In my mind I had that shit down. :lol

It can be frustrating, you have to wait a moment for them to end up right infront of you. It just sucks when its a clutch moment and you either dash UNDER them or you do it too early or too late. Looks easy, but like virtually everything else with Sagat, still requires actual timing.

CPS2

GalacticAE said:
Yea I only got it off trades and AA really. Didn't know you needed to do a duck kick before the Tiger Upper to get it to work. But really, FADCs are pretty tought to get down enough to use them in a match consistently.

If you do a point blank tiger uppercut without a combo leading into it, what most players do is FADC and dash backwards, then ultra. It does take a fair bit of practice, I've only been playing this in the arcade and haven't really got the hang of it fully yet.

Caj814

Darkman M said:
SF4 has 3d models but gameplay is pure 2d, Ex was 3d fighting from waht i remember.

edit: looking back on it EX was 2d fighting as well it just sucked :(

Ex wasn't that bad at all.It just that so many people over reacted about the game being in 3d they completely dismissed it.If it was in 2D and all of the gameplay aspects were kept intact it probably would have been considered one of the better SF games by fans.

Now the SF movie game,that was fucking awful,presentation and gameplay wise. :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9ETeDDsV4&NR=1

haunts

Bacon of Hope
since we're on topic im going to post this again. I FEEL YOUR PAIN GALACTICAE! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBtjf0s1Mw

basically the natrual progression is, you will get the FADC in your head, but then cant do it in match. Then you'll be able to do it in a match finally, but cant do it in clutch moments. Then you can finally do it in clutch moments but miss the F+RH. haha

CPS2

haunts said:
since we're on topic im going to post this again. I FEEL YOU PAIN GALACTICAE! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBtjf0s1Mw

Oh man! :lol

Have you got a copy of the game at the moment Haunts? I'd be interested to know if DP>FADC>ultra works at all (without the back dash). And I have a feeling it depends on which DP you use. It should work if you combo the DP off low MK, low MP or standing MP.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
UC1 said:
Oh man! :lol

Have you got a copy of the game at the moment Haunts? I'd be interested to know if DP>FADC>ultra works at all (without the back dash). And I have a feeling it depends on which DP you use. It should work if you combo the DP off low MK, low MP or standing MP.

what do you mean without the back dash? you mean dashing forward? if so, it does, I usually dash forward, I used to dash back but sometimes id be out of range... now I dash forward and sometimes dash under them. :lol I use fierce tiga upper more than any other version as well.

also, I swear ive combed it off of clk,clk,clp xx hp uppercut..

Heh, I remember watching that match on youtube last month. Poor Haunts.

Another thing I found hard was getting Balrog's Ultra after a headbutt. The window for that seemed strict or maybe I wasn't doing it right. Looked so easy in videos.

Edit:Read SRK just now and realized you have to execute with up-back+punch to keep your charge. :'( Wasn't doing that.

Jirotrom

Barkley's Justice said:
i'm as hyped for the game as all of you weaksauce "comp" up in here. but for real, going back and looking at the ex footage i'm like...capcoooooom! yoooou! *shakes finger*
you've been calling this game SF EX since they unveiled it... drop it man, its not like the EX games.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
GalacticAE said:
Heh, I remember watching that match on youtube last month. Poor Haunts.

Another thing I found hard was getting Balrog's Ultra after a headbutt. The window for that seemed strict or maybe I wasn't doing it right. Looked so easy in videos.

The trick is to charge down, then hit UPBACK to hold the charge during the headbutt, then land and do the ultra. I did it a billion times last night, its not bad once you get it down.

haunts said:
The trick is to charge down, then hit UPBACK to hold the charge during the headbutt, then land and do the ultra. I did it a billion times last night, its not bad once you get it down.
Yea, for some reason, doing this didn't cross my mind. I figured I could juggle it if I held back-down as soon as I could.

Since we are talking about Ultra's here, how easy is it to hit Abel's Ultra after that two hit shoulder move he has. I usually see that used to set up for the Ultra.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yo dawg i herd you liked combos so we put EX meter on your EX meter so you can FADC while you FADC.

darkressurection said:
Since we are talking about Ultra's here, how easy is it to hit Abel's Ultra after that two hit shoulder move he has. I usually see that used to set up for the Ultra.

If its your very first time playing it may take you a couple tries, but you dont have to FADC to land his Ultra off his elbow or anything so its pretty easy for the most part.

haunts said:
If its your very first time playing it may take you a couple tries, but you dont have to FADC to land his Ultra off his elbow or anything so its pretty easy for the most part.
Nice, I am thinking about learning Abel as a secondary character. I really like the falling sky grab and his command throw.

bigswords

Tenbatsu said:
Woodlands Vs Ang Mo Kio, 4 bars each thou.

Singnet / Starhub? if you dont have any issues with other 360 games. Then all I can suggest is check whether the ports are opened on each of your routers.

Caj814 said:
Ex wasn't that bad at all.It just that so many people over reacted about the game being in 3d they completely dismissed it.If it was in 2D and all of the gameplay aspects were kept intact it probably would have been considered one of the better SF games by fans.

Now the SF movie game,that was fucking awful,presentation and gameplay wise. :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9ETeDDsV4&NR=1

ohh man!!! that game sucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YpfTrL3wk

here's a review of the game so you can see how shitty it is, it's also a pretty funny review :D

darkressurection said:
Nice, I am thinking about learning Abel as a secondary character. I really like the falling sky grab and his command throw.

Who's your main? I think I've taken a liking to blue Bison so I think he'll be my main.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
darkressurection said:

Yeah he is cool, but he does require pretty solid execution id say.. Landing the Ultra after the elbow is easy, but you will want to be FADCing out of his change of direction to land the elbow consistently and that is a little trickier.

GalacticAE said:
Who's your main? I think I've taken a liking to blue Bison so I think he'll be my main.
Ken, I am still a bit of a scrub so a shoto is easier to wrap my head around at the moment.

@haunts: Yeah, it seems like a lot of Abel's game is crossing people up and getting them confused.

chun-li is usually my main, and i've yet to find this info but is her FADC into her ultra difficult to pull off due to her being a charge character? or is there some type of trick to make it easier?

CPS2

EraldoCoil said:
chun-li is usually my main, and i've yet to find this info but is her FADC into her ultra difficult to pull off due to her being a charge character? or is there some type of trick to make it easier?

THREE LOW SHORTS INTO EX LEGS! AND COMBO THAT INTO ULTRA! (only in the corner):lol

Thanks to lil shoto :D

Alivor said:
Just got my fight pad...now I need the game. I really hope Gamestop does a midnight launch...

Impossible. Game isn't street dated so they wouldn't get until the 18th at most places.. 17th (same day shipping only at some).. so some stores if they hosted a midnight launch they'd host it from the 19th at midnight which wouldn't work. Only works on street dated games.

rikichi said:
so if i bought the JP game at shopncsx tonight, with over night shipping, will i receive the game by Saturday the latest?

i want it now! :lol

You do realize NCSX says "Restock in 2-4 days" or something.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
EraldoCoil said:

You dont really FADC with chunners, its all about that EX LEG!!! OH SO SEXY!

darkressurection said:

It's pretty easy to do. Just timing. No canceling or linking or anything. You can't do the ultra in the corner it seems. Only the super.

UC1 said:
THREE LOW SHORTS INTO EX LEGS! AND COMBO THAT INTO ULTRA! (only in the corner):lol

Thanks to lil shoto :D

Pretty much this. Or if your close do the ->LKx2 to launch them in the air then ex legs then ultra. I did online a couple times. Seeing chun's sexy ass thighs in HD.....
yes I masturbated to them already

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just popping in and taking a break from reviewing the two horrid SFA OVAs for personal SF hype fun...but I liked SF EX. Except for EX3. Didn't like that one very much. The others were just good, mindless fun. :D A novelty in a way.Anyways, old joke is old.

Need SF4...

Anymore confirmations on how to unlock more colors? Sorry if I missed it.

darkressurection said:
Ken, I am still a bit of a scrub so a shoto is easier to wrap my head around at the moment.

@haunts: Yeah, it seems like a lot of Abel's game is crossing people up and getting them confused.

Ken is solid. My friend Pat is the best shoto here so I'm sure you can learn something from his Ken if you play him.

Speaking of shotos, I got a few wins with Dan. I managed to land a few psychic ultras FTW. It was glorious.

GalacticAE said:
Ken is solid. My friend Pat is the best shoto here so I'm sure you can learn something from his Ken if you play him.

Speaking of shotos, I got a few wins with Dan. I managed to land a few psychic ultras FTW. It was glorious.
Thankfully I will be getting my Driver's license here pretty soon (even though I am 18 and just now getting it :( ) so hopefully I can meetup with you guys soon.

BTW, any chance you know if the Paseo GS is supposed to have SF 4 on the 17th? I know a bunch of people are saying Gamestop won't have theirs till the 18th.

at work everyone knows i'm super hyped for this game,(it's all i talk about) so they gave me tuesday, wednesday and the weekend off :D

plus i get my game CE version of the game for a cheaper price employee discount FTW!!!!

anyone else get the day off?

darkressurection said:
Thankfully I will be getting my Driver's license here pretty soon (even though I am 18 and just now getting it :( ) so hopefully I can meetup with you guys soon.

BTW, any chance you know if the Paseo GS is supposed to have SF 4 on the 17th? I know a bunch of people are saying Gamestop won't have theirs till the 18th.

Haha, I didn't get mine until I was 18 too. I don't like driving much. Not sure about SF4 on the 17th. I'm curious about that myself.

GalacticAE said:
Haha, I didn't get mine until I was 18 too. I don't like driving much. Not sure about SF4 on the 17th. I'm curious about that myself.
Same reason I don't have mine yet.:lol
But I imagine if other stores are getting their copies on Monday or Tues. there should be no reason that GS wouldn't have it then.

darkressurection said:
Same reason I don't have mine yet.:lol
But I imagine if other stores are getting their copies on Monday or Tues. there should be no reason that GS wouldn't have it then.

LEt's hope so. Did you hear anything about a midnight release? I haven't asked them. If other stores are getting theirs in then ours will too because it's the most popular in the city. Last time I heard, it was #1 in the whole state too in sales and business. I say it's a safe bet that they'll have it by Tuesday afternoon.

-COOLIO- said:
got mine when i was 19, i win

Yes you do. But do I get extra points if my little brother got his before me?

GalacticAE said:
LEt's hope so. Did you hear anything about a midnight release? I haven't asked them. If other stores are getting theirs in then ours will too because it's the most popular in the city. Last time I heard, it was #1 in the whole state too in sales and business. I say it's a safe bet that they'll have it by Tuesday afternoon.
Nah, I thought about asking them about a Midnight release but I figured they probably wouldn't have one.

So any guys know of the best to grab the regular edition Fight Stick? According to gamestop, best bet for non-preorders is to hope a store gets an extra unit or two beyond their preorder count for that store. So the advice was "to call around day and date and time of shipment." Which I thought was today, but I guess tomorrow or the day after is what their saying now.

Any word on other retail stores?

PS: Oh, and any new match videos to watch :)

traveler

Not Wario
GalacticAE said:

Yes you do. But do I get extra points if my little brother got his before me?

20, about to be 21. Still don't have it AND my little brother has his as well. :lol
:( I couldn't get a car anyways.

xabre

Banned
I was going to buy this game but now I don't think I will because I'm just shit at SF2HD. Blame the 360 controller, I can do the special moves but with absolutely no consistency whatsoever, so when playing online I just get shit on time and time again. Even if I got another controller or arcade stick I have no confidence this situation would dramatically improve anyway because I don't even know the basic fundamentals of it. If I get SFIV I'll just end up getting frustrated and angry and poor.

Halvie

Banned
xabre said:
I was going to buy this game but now I don't think I will because I'm just shit at SF2HD. Blame the 360 controller, I can do the special moves but with absolutely no consistency whatsoever, so when playing online I just get shit on time and time again. Even if I got another controller or arcade stick I have no confidence this situation would dramatically improve anyway because I don't even know the basic fundamentals of it. If I get SFIV I'll just end up getting frustrated and angry and poor.

I was pretty much the same. I have no problem doing specials now. You will get better if you get a stick and use it a lot.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
xabre said:

-HD Remix, for all its paintovers, its a VERY old game, so it doesnt apply. Its like saying you wont buy Mario Galaxy cause you suck at Mario All Stars

-SF IV has a tutorial mode (Challenge mode, actually) that walks you trough the fundamentals and then expands upon them

-Dont be a loser and buy the damn thing! :p

Top Bottom