• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

comrade said:
Just try walking forward a few frames and then fireballing. For me an SRK always comes out unless I take a noticeable pause and let my stick go to neutral.

I do d/b+MK, d/b,d,d/f,f+P. I find that is the best way for me to get it to combo and not get the SRK.

comrade

prodystopian said:
I do d/b+MK, d/b,d,d/f,f+P. I find that is the best way for me to get it to combo and not get the SRK.
I meant without a c.mk involved. Just trying to close distance and then fireball. If you don't let go of the stick and wait, an SRK always comes out. If it wasn't for the stupid SRK shortcut it'd be fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay....I am pretty horrible at this game, but I've been practicing cammy's ultra and can't seem to do it after a focus attack. It hits at the start but they juggle up and the rest of it misses. Am I mistiming it or is it not possible?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Papercuts said:
Okay....I am pretty horrible at this game, but I've been practicing cammy's ultra and can't seem to do it after a focus attack. It hits at the start but they juggle up and the rest of it misses. Am I mistiming it or is it not possible?
don't do focus-ultra, instead do focus-dash forward-ultra. i don't know why, but dashing after a focus prevents them from resetting after the first hit, so you always have to dash if your ultra does not lock your opponent into an animation after the first hit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gg's lakeearth! Maybe I'll try playing you again when I get better with stick. I don't think I executed a single cr. mk into fireball!

I added Lourio, FindMyFarms, and Rice_Eater483.

Today I learned:
- To use shoryuken in matches. Now I have anti-air :D
- c.MK into tatsu
- How to poke/zone without being so defensive
- Not to throw around ultras like a retard
- Comboing into super
- Using shoryuken shortcut to beat crossups (alternate DL and DR and mash jab)
- How deep to go for a crossup
- Be careful using fireball on Gouken, cause he'll use that dash punch thing
- EX shoryuken is nice in a pinch
- I was trying to play competitively without shoryuken before :O

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Beat a 30,000 GP flowchart Ken tonight. Seriously. Dude was the flowchartiest Ken I've fought in a while. He fell for every wakeup/block string bait I put in front of him.

Then he sends me a message, "DON'T THINK UR GOOD CAUSE U BEAT ME." A hearty lol ensued.

Lost Fragment said:
Beat a 30,000 GP flowchart Ken tonight. Seriously. Dude was the flowchartiest Ken I've fought in a while. He fell for every wakeup/block string bait I put in front of him.

Then he sends me a message, "DON'T THINK UR GOOD CAUSE U BEAT ME." A hearty lol ensued.
I saw the flowchart the other day, and I think it helps me beat Kens online. Cause now whenever someone picks Ken I assume he'll follow the flowchart. And he does.

TimeKillr

_dementia said:
Anyone have tips for an Abel player against Rufus? I really struggle in this matchup.

c.fp is your friend against dive kicks. It trades favorably, and you have a pretty high chance of landing a juggle hit, which can lead to big damage (CoD -> EX FS or Ultra).

Most Rufus players are dive kick happy, so you should be golden with that.

TimeKillr said:
c.fp is your friend against dive kicks. It trades favorably, and you have a pretty high chance of landing a juggle hit, which can lead to big damage (CoD -> EX FS or Ultra).

Most Rufus players are dive kick happy, so you should be golden with that.
Thanks, I have to try this when I get home. I never thought about the low fierce because it's so slow. Does it even work against low dive kicks?

TimeKillr

_dementia said:
Thanks, I have to try this when I get home. I never thought about the low fierce because it's so slow. Does it even work against low dive kicks?

At the worst you'll trade.

Favorably.

At the best, you'll hit them twice.

I guess it depends how low they are (if it's like OTG dive kicks, then I doubt it, but then again those don't go very far).

Ledsen

Shito said:
So, isn't Shiozawa Cup happening like right now? Or in a few hours?
No live stream I suppose? : /

Yeah it wasn't that cool. Daigo's team won but Diago didn't even get to play in the finals. The final match was Sagat vs Zangief (don't remember the players right now) and they both managed to do some weird shit like Zangief jumping instead of Ultra and Sagat whiffing random uppercuts.

LakeEarth

Nevermind, the website is censored...

But I was trying to post a skin of Seth being Krang from TMNT. His ying/yang ball in his stomach was the brain. Really funny.

Ledsen said:
They got eliminated in the first round but I didn't get there until later so I'm not sure of the details.
Damn, Japan is vicious. SBO is looking more and more like it'll be a slaughterhouse for the foreign competition :(

Lourio

Awesome Parallax Scroll, all that that stuff you learned... I need to learn it as well.
I'm in the EST, I'll most likely be on tonight around 9/10 PM - hope to see you then.

Always losing doesn't seem to help much with me getting better, damn this game can be sooo frustrating at times :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Ledsen said:
Yeah it wasn't that cool. Daigo's team won but Diago didn't even get to play in the finals. The final match was Sagat vs Zangief (don't remember the players right now) and they both managed to do some weird shit like Zangief jumping instead of Ultra and Sagat whiffing random uppercuts.

Called it yesterday - even with Mago & the other dude on the other team, Daigo & Iyo on the same team is just too stacked - and Daigo not even having to play in the finals says plenty about how strong the team was...

Really wanna see these fights now, especially Iyo - I'm not a huge Dhalsim player but I love to see a excellent Dhalsim do his thing, and watching Iyo play is like clockwork...

Ledsen said:
They got eliminated in the first round but I didn't get there until later so I'm not sure of the details.

Would've called that yesterday if I remembered to post it - Japan is just nuts like that in SFIV...

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Let'sGoJustin won their game and were forced to replay the team they beat due to some registration bullshit, and lost. The thread is blowing up on SRK. Also, some JPN posters are not helping things in Japan forums by bringing up Pearl harbor. A Japanese poster has replied in the SRK thread saying that no SF4 players or fans are pleased with this incident..be they from the U.S or Japan.

Kind of sad this happened. Evo is so welcoming to international players be they from Japan or other parts of the world, and now you have stuff like this going down which kind of leaves a bad taste in players mouths I'm sure.

Hopefully, the players from the LGJ team get their minds set back on SBO.

GeoNeo said:
Let'sGoJustin won their game and were forced to replay the team they beat due to some registration bullshit, and lost. The thread is blowing up on SRK. Also, some JPN posters are not helping things in Japan forums by bringing up Pearl harbor. A Japanese poster has replied in the SRK thread saying that no SF4 players or fans are pleased with this incident..be they from the U.S or Japan.

Kind of sad this happened. Evo is so welcoming to international players be they from Japan or other parts of the world, and now you have stuff like this going down which kind of leaves a bad taste in players mouths I'm sure.

Super lame. Jesus, I can't believe that. :(

GeoNeo said:

Yeah mang, the SRK thread is going off.

Did you read that post by Haunts about how not every event should be streamed and how we need to stop sitting on the sidelines and get our asses to Tokyo?? :lol :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Arde5643 said:
Wow, ILOVEU Joe also uses Viper? Nice, he certainly plays a very different Viper compared to the usual high level Viper you see in match videos.

oh wow, cant wait to see his Viper. He's Sagat was kinda boring.

Arde5643 said:
Wow, ILOVEU Joe also uses Viper? Nice, he certainly plays a very different Viper compared to the usual high level Viper you see in match videos.

From the videos, it looks like he is trying to learn her (and doing pretty well). He switches to Sagat in the finals.

Arde5643

prodystopian said:
From the videos, it looks like he is trying to learn her (and doing pretty well). He switches to Sagat in the finals.
He plays her pretty differently in the way he approaches matches compared to other Vipers I've seen - his biggest problem with her seems to be the execution of combos (as most Viper players will attest to). :lol

Mr Jared

GeoNeo said:
Let'sGoJustin won their game and were forced to replay the team they beat due to some registration bullshit, and lost. The thread is blowing up on SRK.

Can I get a link, please? I'm not finding any recent SBO threads :(

Top Bottom