• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Spiderjericho said:
I added you as a friend. My gamer tag is krp1976.

And Lake, I see what you're saying. I think my biggest problem was the footsies. I haven't really played that much lately, so getting I'm trying rebuild my foundation. He was definitely the best comp I saw so far on PC Live. Though I'm sure there are a lot better players online (especially since I'm in G3).
Is there any point to sharing GFWL tags when invitations still don't work in the PC version?

Major Williams said:
I feel like a complete noob... I just bought this game ~2 weeks ago and I still don't know what 'FADCing' is...

Could anyone help a brother out?:D

F=Focus
A=Attack
D=Dash
C=Cancel

Basically when you do a focus attack by pressing MK+MP together or the macro button, you can cancel it by dashing forward or backwards. You can also cancel a special move by doing a FA and then cancel that by dashing again, but this will cost you 2 EX bars. It's well worth it for some characters like Ryu and Sagat while only being useful to do a safe special move for others like Guile or Zangeif.

BitchTits

BotoxAgent said:
can u dash forward to avoid Gen's crossup or will it still hit you?
Try it and see. The KKK stance MK might still hit since it has a wide reach.

As a Gen player it's rare that anyone tries dashing a crossup so I can't think what the outcome is, they usually block or DP (which often trades).

Rice-Eater said:
F=Focus
A=Attack
D=Dash
C=Cancel

Basically when you do a focus attack by pressing MK+MP together or the macro button, you can cancel it by dashing forward or backwards. You can also cancel a special move by doing a FA and then cancel that by dashing again, but this will cost you 2 EX bars. It's well worth it for some characters like Ryu and Sagat while only being useful to do a safe special move for others like Guile or Zangeif.

Thanks so much! I'm having so much trouble getting used to this game... I'm a mortal kombat guy from the old school days. So the half-circles and reflex play is a little different than what I'm used to (mostly FPS now). I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I'm so super intimidated to ever go online though.

Is there a way to record a reply of a fight or anything on the pc version? I could directly fraps a match but i'm then knocking my framerate down to 30 while I play which is off putting along with online lag already there too :D

Lourio

Major, are you on PS3 or 360? I'm in the same boat as you, we would make excellent sparring partners :p

Max, those are some nice, quality videos. I need to practice WAY more and hopefully apply some of your moves to my 'arsenal' :lol

QCF Punch

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
x d a t x: they need to make his crossup an ultra instead of a normal move
WWGenius: if you pause it at the right time...right before he crosses up, he teleports to their back and pokes them so they will turn around
x d a t x: pausing doesnt work on gen's crossup
x d a t x: it still happens
x d a t x: that shit does not stop lol
x d a t x: gen's crossup has more priority than the president of the united states
WWGenius: you actually have to get level 5 pentagon clearance to attempt to block it
WWGenius: one time, Gen tried to cross himself up...the period after that is what is known as the Ice Age
WWGenius: if gen crosses up in a forest and no one is there to fail at blocking it...does it make a noise?

Lol, love this. Wherever you are getting these from, keep it coming.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
PSGames said:
Gen's jumping MK cross up? I had no idea it was that devastating. Noone ever plays with him online.

and thats how it happens

you gonna meet one online that crazy nice, and he'll cross in your PSN personal account and you wont even expect it.

Caj814

2ltnak8.jpg

jmro

Holy crap. I just checked my XBL Profile Rep for the first time since playing SF4 on it (about 2 weeks).

I'm up to 19% Avoid, with the reason being 50% Unsportsmanlike

I guess thats what people do when you beat them in a fighting game?

AZ Greg

jmro said:
Holy crap. I just checked my XBL Profile Rep for the first time since playing SF4 on it (about 2 weeks).

I'm up to 19% Avoid, with the reason being 50% Unsportsmanlike

I guess thats what people do when you beat them in a fighting game?

I have greater than 50% avoid now. And I never quit and am usually chatting in a private chat or with a party. Between the fighting games like SF4, SSF2THDR, DOA4, and the shooters like COD4 and Halo that I've played, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Brannon said:
Random thought of the night; will backfisting through Ryu's ultra fireball with Cammy ever get old?

No.

No it will not.
Chun can also Ultra through the Metsu, but what Ryu would randomly throw that out there?

Just had a really satisfying win right before I turned off my PS3. I'm Ryu and I faced this Sagat who of course turtled the entire match. Basically it was me chasing his ass from end to end throughout most of our set. Whenever he scored a knockdown, he made sure to get as far away as possible instead of trying any mix ups or mind games.

Anyways it's the final round and after taking a few hits I get inside and do a bunch of damage and bring him down to 10% while I had like 40. I tried a cross up but my timing is off and he jumps away. There is like 50 seconds left and I said "fuck it, I'll win by time out if I have to because I'm done chasing". In the remaining 50 or so seconds, he chips away at my life lead because of Sagat's better fireball game but makes no effort to close the distance until the final seconds. I just sit there and hold back until I won.

My only regret is that I forgot to do a Ultra in the final 3-4 seconds. That's the perfect way to end every time out victory as long as you have Ultra :lol

Good games to SALTYWET, I was really surprised to get a fight request as I was doing some testing in training mode.

Last match was way too close tho, I wanted to run that back :lol Props

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Daigo is coming to Ohio for Season's Beatings 4. This is a huge move, props to the guys behind SB for pulling this off. Besides entering the tourney, Daigo and Justin Wong will have a first to 10 exhibition. I didn't want to see a rematch so soon, but it's happening so I'm looking forward to it and will be rooting for Daigo again.

Since he's basically there to draw more attention and help hype the tourney I'm guessing he's getting another free trip to America. I can't wait to hear about the money matches from this one to :D

I forgot to post a link, but here is the confirmation

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193466

I live in NC, so unfortunately I can't afford to go because of money issues. If this was in Charlotte or Raleigh, nothing would stop me from being there.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rice-Eater said:
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Daigo is coming to Ohio for Season's Beatings 4. This is a huge move, props to the guys behind SB for pulling this off. Besides entering the tourney, Daigo and Justin Wong will have a first to 10 exhibition. I didn't want to see a rematch so soon, but it's happening so I'm looking forward to it and will be rooting for Daigo again.

Since he's basically there to draw more attention and help hype the tourney I'm guessing he's getting another free trip to America. I can't wait to hear about the money matches from this one to :D

Wow, nice.

I live relatively close to Columbus, might have to make the trip out for this one...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ChennehCis said:
Good games to SALTYWET, I was really surprised to get a fight request as I was doing some testing in training mode.

how do you turn this on? I've seen people in menu with this.

got back to this game after about 2 weeks off and man, thought I would do garbage but had some REALLY satisfying wins. semi final against a 10000 GP Ken who was one of those frustrating jump back kick in the corner players, which make me mad as I fall for it more than I should, but I got my shit together and beat him out with some nice trickery and used good teleporting to get away from his frantic cross up oppurtunitys.

Had to face an 11000 Sagat in the final and I thought "i'm boned" cause sagat is a jerk, however, getting right up in his face with bison is GOLD. stayed on him the whole time and used the st.hk effectively to eek out the win.

Lost to a 4000 fei after that though. WTF I DUNNO. He wasn't good and neither was the 2400 blanka that beat me after, but I was tired by then. Faced the both earlier and got the wins, so frustrating end to the night, but never mind.

catfish said:
how do you turn this on? I've seen people in menu with this.

got back to this game after about 2 weeks off and man, thought I would do garbage but had some REALLY satisfying wins. semi final against a 10000 GP Ken who was one of those frustrating jump back kick in the corner players, which make me mad as I fall for it more than I should, but I got my shit together and beat him out with some nice trickery and used good teleporting to get away from his frantic cross up oppurtunitys.

Had to face an 11000 Sagat in the final and I thought "i'm boned" cause sagat is a jerk, however, getting right up in his face with bison is GOLD. stayed on him the whole time and used the st.hk effectively to eek out the win.

Lost to a 4000 fei after that though. WTF I DUNNO. He wasn't good and neither was the 2400 blanka that beat me after, but I was tired by then. Faced the both earlier and got the wins, so frustrating end to the night, but never mind.

Add this gamertag from the link:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349790

SALTYWET found me through there (I think), and sent a game invite.

Also, I think you may be talking about fight request, which means when you play offline you can have people online challenge you. The idea is you'll always be playing, either the CPU or someone from the internetz.

On the Main Menu, I believe you press Right button (360) or R1 (PS3) to modify the settings.

Regarding GP, it is a poor indicator of skill. There are also people who boost points, where they keep points even though they lose (instead of starting over). Just take it with a grain of salt :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ChennehCis said:
Regarding GP, it is a poor indicator of skill. There are also people who boost points, where they keep points even though they lose (instead of starting over). Just take it with a grain of salt :)

generally I find it not a terrible indicator of skill, but yeah, it doesn't account for boosters or people that switch main/whatever. I switch from blanka at 9000Gp and went bison only. That was funny and I'm sure many people said 'wtf how did HE get to 10000' etc.

It usually means that person has played a BUNCH though and I figure more times than not a person with 10k + is going to know the game well enough, maybe not be awesome, but with a very solid handle on the basics and a few tricks.

I know about fight request as it's all I use, but thought it was specific to arcade mode, never been challenged through training mode..

ShinNL

People at least know a throw when they're above 2000 or so GP. I was breezing through G3 and probably made a lot of enemies by just throwing xD

Rice-Eater said:

I forgot to post a link, but here is the confirmation

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193466

I live in NC, so unfortunately I can't afford to go because of money issues. If this was in Charlotte or Raleigh, nothing would stop me from being there.

Hmm. That isn't far for me. If I'm still in the area, I might hit that up.

HiResDes

Lost Fragment said:
Wow, nice.

I live relatively close to Columbus, might have to make the trip out for this one...
Holy shit I live in Cincinnati... I'm going what day is this?
Edit: Nevermind, I clicked the link, sorry for being lazy

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Soneet said:
People at least know a throw when they're above 2000 or so GP. I was breezing through G3 and probably made a lot of enemies by just throwing xD

haha still a bitch to tech throws online (not sure if it's online online) pretty much the only time I can tech them is by going for the throw myself and having it be coincidence. I still get caught ALOT by thinking 'this guys going to throw' attempt it myself and get thrown anyway.

no idea why.

how do you guys online do with link combos? I hate playing dp characters cause a dp in the middle of a combo if you miss your link is maddening.

LosDaddie

Banned
Alright....I freely admit to being a shit SFIV player (by GAF standards). If I win 50% of my matches, I consider it a "great" game session.

Anyway, does Ryu have any flaws in SFIV? He seems to be the best character in the game.

Owensboro

I played a little last night to unlock some characters and realized I loved the fact that you have to unlock characters (I know, I know, I'm in the minority here). Yeah, it sucks for playing with friends or online because you just want to play with all the characters, but it's great because it forces me to play characters I wouldn't otherwise touch. For instance, I played a lot of Sakura while trying to unlock Dan and had a ton of fun playing her. I'm looking forward to continuing playing her and unlocking more characters.

I have a quick question for stick users. If I'm having problems dashing backwards [<<](Playing on a TE Stick), does that mean I need to find a different way to hold the stick? I'm not all that great at dashing forward either [>>], but I get it way more often then back dashing and I don't have to kind of change my grip to do it. I was doing C.Viper's challenge combos and couldn't get the "Focus Attack, EX-Thunder Knuckle, Burst Time (Ultra)" sting. I assumed you had to dash cancel out of the FA in order to get the Thunder Knuckle out (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

Top Bottom