• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Brannon said:
Random thought of the night; will backfisting through Ryu's ultra fireball with Cammy ever get old?

No.

No it will not.
on a related note, baiting ultras with focus attacks in sakura mirror matches will also never get old.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Rice-Eater said:
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Daigo is coming to Ohio for Season's Beatings 4. This is a huge move, props to the guys behind SB for pulling this off. Besides entering the tourney, Daigo and Justin Wong will have a first to 10 exhibition. I didn't want to see a rematch so soon, but it's happening so I'm looking forward to it and will be rooting for Daigo again.

Since he's basically there to draw more attention and help hype the tourney I'm guessing he's getting another free trip to America. I can't wait to hear about the money matches from this one to :D

I forgot to post a link, but here is the confirmation

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193466

I live in NC, so unfortunately I can't afford to go because of money issues. If this was in Charlotte or Raleigh, nothing would stop me from being there.

WOW. I'll be there. This will be my first ever tourney, maybe I should start practicing :lol

LakeEarth

Another strange G1 night yesterday. Once again, over an hour of play and only 1 Ryu. Lots of Ken's though, and Sagats. Still pretty weird, I made it to the finals 3 times, and 2 of those were against a Sakura and a Viper. Very rare to see good players using them, especially both times in the finals.

Jason

Yoshinori Ono will be in Toronto this weekend!

SFIV producer Yoshinori Ono to attend Fan Expo Canada!
August 25th, 2009

UDON / CAPCOM PANEL WITH
SPECIAL GUEST STREET FIGHTER PRODUCER YOSHINORI ONO
Sponsored by Udon Entertainment. “Come and meet Yoshinori Ono of Capcom, the producer of Street Fighter IV, in his very first appearance in Canada! Learn about the secrets behind the production of the most popular fighting game ever! Don’t miss out the chance of a life time to this rare engagement!” Sunday, 4PM, Rm.714

It’s all going down this weekend at Fan Expo, in Toronto Canada! head tot he Fan Expo website for full show info!

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/?p=1107

rise888

ChennehCis said:
Good games to SALTYWET, I was really surprised to get a fight request as I was doing some testing in training mode.

Last match was way too close tho, I wanted to run that back :lol Props

Good games DrChen. I was enjoying our random matches. Your bison definitely tears through every character I use. I really should start putting the time into having a 'main'

LosDaddie said:
Alright....I freely admit to being a shit SFIV player (by GAF standards). If I win 50% of my matches, I consider it a "great" game session.

Anyway, does Ryu have any flaws in SFIV? He seems to be the best character in the game.

Ryu has no flaws but no free matches either.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Any idea why people would suddenly be playing a ton of Vega (PC version)? I have no idea how to fight this guy. I've played at least 10 today already and only won one :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Any idea why people would suddenly be playing a ton of Vega (PC version)? I have no idea how to fight this guy. I've played at least 10 today already and only won one :lol

I asked the same question last week after some brutal beat-downs by some Vegas. My advice would be to stay grounded and use more FAs.

I main Akuma though.

Hellion

Brannon said:
Random thought of the night; will backfisting through Ryu's ultra fireball with Cammy ever get old?

No.

No it will not.

What does get old is the douche bags who wait for ryu to be selected then pick cammy. SMH

ChennehCis said:

thanks guys!

I've tried the half-circle approach last night, but the knee comes out most of the time. But that post helps. I'll work on it. I main Chun (and my half-assed Ryu), but I'm testing the waters with Sagat. My first time; I never touched this character at all the whole time I've played this game...he feels like a controlling a tank after playing someone like Chun for so long.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Figure I might as well ask this question while it's on my mind...

With Chun-Li, how exactly does FK > EX Hyaku > EX SBK work when not near the corner?

YakiSOBA

How do you guys do Sagat's BnB combo:

c.lk, c.lp, tiger uppercut?

I can't seem to get the uppercut to come out... are you guys holding down-forward, down, or down-back?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:

With Chun-Li, how exactly does FK > EX Hyaku > EX SBK work when not near the corner?

I think that's impossible.... THINK... many Chun attacks can only be done in the corner like the EX Legs to Ultra.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
I think that's impossible.... THINK... many Chun attacks can only be done in the corner like the EX Legs to Ultra.
I'd say as much myself if I hadn't seen it done as a dp whiff punish.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
I'd say as much myself if I hadn't seen it done as a dp whiff punish.

Oh wow. Then... that must be god-level reactions or something, I have tried to do it but the EX SBK barely hits and pushes people away.

Mr Jared

Hitokage said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work outside of corner. You can do FK > EX Hyaku > EX Hyaku, but the timing is pretty funky and is generally not worth it unless you have a lot of meter to burn.

AZ Greg

Not sure if you're reading this, but to the person who is inviting me, it failed to join when I accepted your invite and I don't know your tag so I can't tell you. I can try inviting you if you give me your tag.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Caj814 said:
2ltnak8.jpg
W.......wowwwwwwww

QCF Punch

Neo Member
Is LeMaximilian MaximilianMasters from SRK? If i recall, that dude has a mega sick Ken. Gonna have to check those vids when I get home. Also, if you are on 360, I'd like to play a set or two with you to try and get some Ken tips. I am trying to learn him as a backup for my Bison. There are a few matchups that give him trouble where I am hoping I can fare better with Ken.

YakiSOBA said:
How do you guys do Sagat's BnB combo:

c.lk, c.lp, tiger uppercut?

I can't seem to get the uppercut to come out... are you guys holding down-forward, down, or down-back?

For Akuma's c. lp to uppercut I hold d/f and go d/f,d,d/f. Try it a few times and you should find a way to do it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
QCF Punch said:
Is LeMaximilian MaximilianMasters from SRK? If i recall, that dude has a mega sick Ken. Gonna have to check those vids when I get home. Also, if you are on 360, I'd like to play a set or two with you to try and get some Ken tips. I am trying to learn him as a backup for my Bison. There are a few matchups that give him trouble where I am hoping I can fare better with Ken.

Yep, it's me. My local tag is usually just Maximilian on tournament videos and early SF4 release stuff. Send me a FR with a message and I'll free up some space on my FList on XBL.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:
max is a scrub...

j/kj/k

send me a game invite d00d.

You're always 'Offline'! lol, I think you just have your profile set that way. We'll get a best of 10 game going soon recorded for interweb glory! Somehow we'll tie 5-5. :lol

Leunam said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9FToYlUws

Some great stuff being done on the PC version.
That is quite cool editing.

So I been sucking all night and randomly select boxer for a bit, wow 4 wins in a row :lol I need to work on my charge times as i'm a dead give away to a lot of players right now but I think I will stick with him for a few days and see how it takes shape.

I also got my first AAA win today, using the most out of the blue character ever for me, zangief :lol

AZ Greg

Anyone ever run into a Cammy player named Juube? He just got done destroying me. Wow...

If anyone wants some matches on XBL, hit me up. Tag - AZ Greg

Just played some games with Leunam earlier. A pretty fun match, not much strategy it seems. We just straight up rushed the hell out of each other, I think the back input on both our controllers were broken :lol

We didn't have any really cool combos or mix up games, but at least we can both do FADC into Ultra(his Abel vs my Ryu). We had so many rounds where me and him mounted a big comeback on the other after receiving a beating in the beginning of the game. I had so many failed cross ups that lead to free throws for him and we both screwed up our Ultras after wasting bars to set them up, so there were plenty of "doh" moments too.

Thanks for the matches Leunam, we'll do it again some other time.

Leunam

Most definitely. Damn your faster jabs. :mad:

But yeah, I felt we were evenly matched. We had lots of rounds where we both got down to a sliver of life and managed to guess right for the win. Definitely looking forward to some more matches.

8 to 4 doesn't sound so even to me :p

Just playing man, we had a lot of close rounds. One thing I tried to do against you was work on my links. Like jab, jab, strong, hado(when crouching). I can't link worth shit so I said fuck it and just spammed jabs to push you away. Too bad linking normals in this game isn't as easy as MvC2 :lol

Leunam

Well yeah, you won more matches, but most of the rounds were close. :lol

I was trying to link jabs to far MP myself. Of course, you pull a shoryuken out of nowhere if my timing isn't on point.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Whew, spent some time in training mode, and managed to get in two hits off the EX SBK if I get the inputs and timing as best as I can, but there's still something I'm not doing.

Edit:

Apparently after fighting Soneet SF4 is finally starting to click with me. Now I have some idea of what I want to be doing, rather than throwing out attacks blindly. As a result, my usual losses against Ysiadmihi have turned into several glorious victories.

Finally unlocked all the characters...what a pain in the butt.

Although I changed the difficulty to Very Easy, 30 second 1 rounds, and choose Gief to lariat my ass off until the fight with Seth. I would just lose on purpose, then switch to another character.

Oh yeah, WORST GAME ENDINGS CONFIRMED!!

Top Bottom