• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jirotrom

xabre said:
I was going to buy this game but now I don't think I will because I'm just shit at SF2HD. Blame the 360 controller, I can do the special moves but with absolutely no consistency whatsoever, so when playing online I just get shit on time and time again. Even if I got another controller or arcade stick I have no confidence this situation would dramatically improve anyway because I don't even know the basic fundamentals of it. If I get SFIV I'll just end up getting frustrated and angry and poor.
wtf...?
man up son! Buy the game, buy a pad or stick and have fun. I lose nearly all the time, but you start to learn after a while then you improve.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
xabre said:
I was going to buy this game but now I don't think I will because I'm just shit at SF2HD. Blame the 360 controller, I can do the special moves but with absolutely no consistency whatsoever, so when playing online I just get shit on time and time again. Even if I got another controller or arcade stick I have no confidence this situation would dramatically improve anyway because I don't even know the basic fundamentals of it. If I get SFIV I'll just end up getting frustrated and angry and poor.

You should try winning with just normal moves. Every character has normal moves that serve the same purpose as the special moves (anti-air, engaging the opponent, etc). Its not as flashy, but it will take the pressure off of you of having to do special moves all the time.

You people are delusional. Non street dated games can't have midnight launches because that would require a store to hold them for so many days (when they can legally sell them w/o issue from the publisher) just for an event which would be pointless since other retailers would probably have it too and then that retailer holding the midnight launch would just lose money.

Not to mention all the SRK people expecting a non-street dated game to ship early is beyond me. I can expect something like Gears 2 or Resident Evil 5 shipping early since they are street dated and street dated games are shipped early and held at stores.. but not SF4.

Jirotrom

TurtleSnatcher said:
You people are delusional. Non street dated games can't have midnight launches because that would require a store to hold them for so many days (when they can legally sell them w/o issue from the publisher) just for an event which would be pointless since other retailers would probably have it too and then that retailer holding the midnight launch would just lose money.

Not to mention all the SRK people expecting a non-street dated game to ship early is beyond me. I can expect something like Gears 2 or Resident Evil 5 shipping early since they are street dated and street dated games are shipped early and held at stores.. but not SF4.
i didnt even know it wasn't street dated... so its possible others didn't.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone know how much HD space is taken up on the 360 version? I've still got a 20gb HD and would really like to full-install this game.

TurtleSnatcher said:

I didn't know if the game was street dated or not. I'm sure others aren't as informed as you. Like me. As for looking for a copy now, they're out there. I know a few people personally with NA retail copies. I was just playing the game today too.

my import was sent out on the 11th from Hong Kong.. the JPN date is the 12th

it should have crossed the Pacific by now, it's probably sitting in customs... oh I hate customs because they delay my packages >(

GalacticAE said:
Yes you do. But do I get extra points if my little brother got his before me?
i got mine when i was 16 :>
and now i spend all day driving around looking for stupid sticks :(
well not all day
and it was just today :(

GalacticAE said:
I didn't know if the game was street dated or not. I'm sure others aren't as informed as you. Like me. As for looking for a copy now, they're out there. I know a few people personally with NA retail copies. I was just playing the game today too.
The thing is SRK is expecting these large retailers to have them sporadically as if they don't get the product from the same distribution centers..

(The non-street date thing was posted all over this thread so assumed you knew.. sorry about that)

But that is what is driving me crazy about these SRK people :X

TurtleSnatcher said:
The thing is SRK is expecting these large retailers to have them sporadically as if they don't get the product from the same distribution centers..

(The non-street date thing was posted all over this thread so assumed you knew.. sorry about that)

But that is what is driving me crazy about these SRK people :X
sooooo
anyone know an independent retailer in norcal

Filter

xabre said:

A true Street Fighter never gives up!
(that was the sticker on my local SFII machine back in the day)

xabre

Banned
gutter_trash said:
Hondas must be your favorite opponents

Nah i'm an equal opportunity loser :(

I have won a few games here and there in player matches and I am somewhat competitive (aka I do damage and they usually have to work for it) but my overall win percentage must be around 10% tops.

Sometimes it's just bullshit though. There was this Ken I played against with Fei Long. Just started dragon punching constantly, like no break in between at all, one after the other. Sweep never worked, nothing else did either. Stuffed if I knew what to do there.

PSGames

GalacticAE said:

You know people with NA retail copies? So where did they buy them from? Help us out here.

BloodElfHunter said:
Ugh, beating Seth with C Viper was such a pain in the ass.

haha, so true. did you do it on medium? the whole campaign up to seth is HARD for viper, even on medium. goddamn she just doesn't have a lot to work with!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The 1.01 patch just went up today. Anyone know what was in it?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Stabby McSter said:
a patch and most of us don't even have the game
i want this patch :(

:lol sorry. I actually got it a day early because a store near me broke street date.

...I guess that doesn't make you feel better at all.

thetrin

PSGames said:
Where are you located? What store?

Osaka, Japan. Alann DVD.

Btw, have people checked out the voice options in the options menu. It's awesome that you can switch each individual character between japanese and english. I switched all the english speakers to English and kept all the Japanese and foreign characters on Japanese. The Engrish for Boxer and Guile were pretty painful. :lol (Sakura's US voice actor fucking sucks...switch to Japanese)

thetrin

Teknopathetic said:
So I'm guessing this might be the championship mode patch?

I'm playing through arcade with Viper, but I can definitely check in a couple minutes.

LordK

thetrin said:
I'm playing through arcade with Viper, but I can definitely check in a couple minutes.

If it is the championship mode pack, could you check if you can save replays of local matches and if you have any kind of camera control over the replay?

Thanks.

btw, i posted character unlock conditions on srk for anyone who needs it:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175613

also managed to unlock all the characters.

a couple notes: seth has moves that basically cover the whole spectrum: projectile, uppercut, command throw, dhalsim stretches, chun li stomps etc. but his damage is LOW and he takes a lot of damage.

if you're trying to unlock akuma before gouken, make sure not to land any ultra finishes on opponents, otherwise you might wind up facing gouken first, which will not add akuma to your roster. annoying, but true.

thetrin

adversesolutions said:
btw, i posted character unlock conditions on srk for anyone who needs it:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175613

also managed to unlock all the characters.

a couple notes: seth has moves that basically cover the whole spectrum: projectile, uppercut, command throw, dhalsim stretches, chun li stomps etc. but his damage is LOW and he takes a lot of damage.

if you're trying to unlock akuma before gouken, make sure not to land any ultra finishes on opponents, otherwise you might wind up facing gouken first, which will not add akuma to your roster. annoying, but true.

Awesome. I was JUST about to ask. :)

thetrin

Motherfucker, I hate using Chun Li. I really wish I could use someone else to unlock Gen.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wish i didn't have to unlock characters, but i guess it should go quickly at 1 round/lowest difficulty, and it'll give me the opportunity to screw around with some characters i'm unfamiliar with. hope i can just download a save for the ps3 version

Arde5643

xabre said:
Nah i'm an equal opportunity loser :(

I have won a few games here and there in player matches and I am somewhat competitive (aka I do damage and they usually have to work for it) but my overall win percentage must be around 10% tops.

Sometimes it's just bullshit though. There was this Ken I played against with Fei Long. Just started dragon punching constantly, like no break in between at all, one after the other. Sweep never worked, nothing else did either. Stuffed if I knew what to do there.
Fei Long's not crap tier in this game if that's any consolation for you.

He's at least middle tier and he's not hard to learn. His focus attack helps his rushdown game quite a bit although I don't think it's as abusable or cheese like Rufus' bullshit dive kicks. :/

thetrin

Fei Long is crazy fun to use though. I beat the shit out of a few people with his speed.

thetrin

Christ almighty, I hate Chun Li. I cannot beat Seth with her, even on the easiest difficulty. Everyone else is absolutely no prob, but I CANNOT use her. ARGH!

thetrin said:
Christ almighty, I hate Chun Li. I cannot beat Seth with her, even on the easiest difficulty. Everyone else is absolutely no prob, but I CANNOT use her. ARGH!

everyone else? even el fuerte and viper? chun li was pretty easy imo...

hardest for me were el fuerte, viper and gen. viper against seth was alright, but if you have to fight abel mid-way through, it's a tough match because he keeps rolling around. took me like 10 losses to realize i just had to throw the bastard when he rolled. :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
UPS called, my stick's coming today :D Really impressed with the speed! It left on Monday. 3 days for Texas-Finland

thetrin

adversesolutions said:
everyone else? even el fuerte and viper? chun li was pretty easy imo...

hardest for me were el fuerte, viper and gen. viper against seth was alright, but if you have to fight abel mid-way through, it's a tough match because he keeps rolling around. took me like 10 losses to realize i just had to throw the bastard when he rolled. :lol

Viper was much much easier than Chun Li. Simply put, Viper has QCF and QCB moves. Thats a fuck load better than charge moves. I fucking hate charge moves.

Finally beat him. Never using Chun Li ever again! :lol

Back to my Shoto safe zone!

thetrin said:
Viper was much much easier than Chun Li. Simply put, Viper has QCF and QCB moves. Thats a fuck load better than charge moves. I fucking hate charge moves.

ah, word. you're also doing it on easy though, so that's probably a smoother ride.

Top Bottom