• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
YES! Just unlocked Gouki/Akuma. Think I'm going to take a break before I unlock Gouken.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silly question here: The motion of Zangief piledriver is the 360º + Punch ? Or the one used on HD Remix ?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fersis said:
Silly question here: The motion of Zangief piledriver is the 360º + Punch ? Or the one used on HD Remix ?

360 back + P.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fersis said:

All those awesome new inputs from HD Remix.

Yea, they're gone.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sinatar said:

Yea, they're gone.
Damn... the new inputs were nice.
So.. doing the Zangief piledriver with the DualShock 3 analog without accidentally jumping
is hard? :(

thetrin

Fersis said:
Damn... the new inputs were nice.
So.. doing the Zangief piledriver with the DualShock 3 analog without accidentally jumping
is hard? :(

Use the Dpad. It's easier.

Lol piledriver, when I want to use one I just rotate my thumb around the dpad like a mad man, if I jump by accident i'll just use fierce kick to save my mistake.

Fersis

McBradders said:
Real men 360 it regardless of new inputs!
I dont want to be a real man ! :mad:
I want to do a piledriver without jumping ! :lol

DIRTY-D

Was playing the game yesterday.....and I wanted to see how on top of the game Capcom was with the production assets

So we played on Guiles Air Field Stage and me and my friend both used The Boxer on this stage.

The thing we wanted to see was when the bomber plane pulls into the stage in round 2, we wanted to see if the Boxer in the background would punch the door down on the plane or if they put another character in his spot and have a different animation.

Sure enough, Vega(the Claw) was there as his sub while he was fighting.

I thought this was a nice touch.

Capcom is on point.

:D

mujun

Sinatar said:

Yea, they're gone.

so is the overly strict motion register. i'll take sfiv personally.

screwing up something like a tiger shot in the heat of battle was irritating.

Darkman M

mujun said:
so is the overly strict motion register. i'll take sfiv personally.

screwing up something like a tiger shot in the heat of battle was irritating.

Yeah after playing newer fighting games the controls feel to damn stiff.

Fersis said:
I dont want to be a real man ! :mad:
I want to do a piledriver without jumping ! :lol

you can do that in SF4. you can do a half circle tiger knee motion + p or just hcf or hcb and then press up + p. It's still not hard.

Fersis

akachan ningen said:
you can do that in SF4. you can do a half circle tiger knee motion + p or just hcf or hcb and then press up + p. It's still not hard.
Good news for me then!
McBradders said:
You gotta get quicker thumbs!
So.. no double dip for you? You only will get the 360 version?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Kintaro said:
Minor thing, but it disgusts me that Ryu and Ken are not "rivals" in the game. WTF is that all about.

I watched the anime movie, which has events months before the game stuff. There's bigger stuff at hand than petty rivalry and "getting even" :D

rager

Banned
adversesolutions said:
everyone else? even el fuerte and viper? chun li was pretty easy imo...

hardest for me were el fuerte, viper and gen. viper against seth was alright, but if you have to fight abel mid-way through, it's a tough match because he keeps rolling around. took me like 10 losses to realize i just had to throw the bastard when he rolled. :lol

It also helps to set the round to one only. Seth seems to get harder in the second round.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Osaka said:
I watched the anime movie, which has events months before the game stuff. There's bigger stuff at hand than petty rivalry and "getting even" :D

Cuz that explains the petty Rufus/Ken rivalry? It's weak though, the two most recognizable characters, rivals and friends can't even get a special intro. Weak.

fuck. Capcom backorder. taking that off and praying that someone at my local GS ordered a TE stick and can't afford it ;(

EDIT: :lol it doesn't help when the order says "In Process" but i got the stupid backorder email.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
This will be the first collector's edition version of a game i get this generation. I feel like a sucker though :lol

Damn Capcom wants my money :(

ShinAmano

So I went by SRK and someone said it should be at Walmats on Friday. I have not checked yet, but I went to their website and it says 'available' online now. I am going to see if I can do in store pickup...man I would love to get this game on Friday (my birthday) :D

Egh...when you click the item it says pre-order...anyhow the 360 item # is 10333532 so if they can look it up this would be the best way to ask.

jdub03

frys.com just sent me the backordered email. Should I cancel and order somewhere else. If so where should I order from to get it in the least amount of time possible.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Play-Asia invasion begins! Mine just arrived, anyone else's come yet?

3273657717_075859b509.jpg

Time to bid HD Remix farewell for a while.

Nightz

Chamber said:
B&N Fightstick order officially backordered. I hate life.
WAT.

What shipping speed did you use? I ordered on Tuesday as well with next day and it still says that it's scheduled to ship today. Hoping that doesn't change.

My play-asia order shipped..

Apparently it shipped on the 11th but I somehow don't think they got it out until the 12th.

I actually wanted to cancel my order but they couldn't.

Play-asia has always shipped fast to me (like 2 days fast) so hopefully its hear by tomorrow.

EDIT:

Estimated delivery

Feb 13, 2009 by 10:30 AM

That is what fedex says.. Wow..

Osaka said:
THEY FUCKING SENT ME A PS3 STICK AND I ORDERED A 360 ONE

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

This has been happening a bit. I think they ran out of 360 sticks so they started sending out PS3 sticks thinking the buyer wouldn't know the difference.

Fersis

Osaka said:
THEY FUCKING SENT ME A PS3 STICK AND I ORDERED A 360 ONE

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
What's the deal? Just buy a PS3! :D
Just joking man, i never had the guts to order something because things like this.

bunker

Nightz said:
WAT.

What shipping speed did you use? I ordered on Tuesday as well with next day and it still says that it's scheduled to ship today. Hoping that doesn't change.

I ordered mine yesterday and it still says scheduled to ship today. Looks like I'm keeping my amazon pre-order until the stick from BN definitely ships.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
akachan ningen said:
This has been happening a bit. I think they ran out of 360 sticks so they started sending out PS3 sticks thinking the buyer wouldn't know the difference.

I'm trying to get a replacement shipped to my local GameStop in Finland, I dont know what else am I going to do.

Top Bottom