• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

akachan ningen said:
This has been happening a bit. I think they ran out of 360 sticks so they started sending out PS3 sticks thinking the buyer wouldn't know the difference.
Nice load of bull. Try not to make stuff up please.

I mean that would be horribly accountable to a retailers own inventory if they did it so they obviously didn't.

Warehouses are run by humans.. human error.

Fuck me, my Barnes and Nobles/Gamestop PS3 Fightstick SE order was backordered now too :(

I will keep the order open in the hopes that it'll eventually ship, and start hunting for a stick in stores somewhere today...

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Guled said:
is it a SE stick or a TE stick?

SE stick, order made on B&N, handled by GameStop. And the local Gamestop just said that GameStop Finland and GS USA are handled by different offices so they don't play ball together.

I made a reservation on a stick here and plan to sell this PS3 shitty stick to someone second hand.

ffuu.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nightz said:
WAT.

What shipping speed did you use? I ordered on Tuesday as well with next day and it still says that it's scheduled to ship today. Hoping that doesn't change.
Overnight shipping

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chamber said:
Tuesday. I really don't want to wait an extra week for Amazon to ship.

Odd,I ordered my 360 SE fight stick on Tuesday and payed for 2 day shipping and it was shipped the same day.It's on a UPS truck out for delivery right now.

Wonder why mine wasn't back ordered and why the site still shows ships in 24 hours for both SE sticks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I didn't see this mentioned: The unlock key for the first "brawler pack" (El Fuerte, Zangief, Abel, E. Honda, and Rufus) not only gives you the extra costumes right away, but also 10 selectable colors right from the start.

The 360 version defaulted to English for me, although the Exile intro stayed. Load times are super-quick without installing!

Halvie

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I didn't see this mentioned: The unlock key for the first "brawler pack" (El Fuerte, Zangief, Abel, E. Honda, and Rufus) not only gives you the extra costumes right away, but also 10 selectable colors right from the start.

So if you just buy the regular edition you don't get any alternate colors right away??...

Lyte Edge

Halvie said:
So if you just buy the regular edition you don't get any alternate colors right away??...

Just two colors per character initially. I'm assuming it's the same as the arcade version where you have to "buy" them in-game.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Nice load of bull. Try not to make stuff up please.

I mean that would be horribly accountable to a retailers own inventory if they did it so they obviously didn't.

Warehouses are run by humans.. human error.

It was obviously a joke, mr. brainpower.

Guled

I just wish that the ps3 install was not optional, playing online the load times will most likely be long since most people won't install

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Matrix said:
Odd,I ordered my 360 SE fight stick on Tuesday and payed for 2 day shipping and it was shipped the same day.It's on a UPS truck out for delivery right now.

Wonder why mine wasn't back ordered and why the site still shows ships in 24 hours for both SE sticks.
Guess it's just the PS3 sticks.

Lyte Edge

The 360 load times are around four seconds per match. I'd like to install it anyway to cut down on the strain my system is going to get from the game being on all the time from here on out. :lol Just don't know if I have the free space.

You can change the language for both the in-game matches and the anime cut scenes.

The in-game move list is available for EVERY character.

Threi

notag
Lyte Edge said:
The 360 load times are around four seconds per match. I'd like to install it anyway to cut down on the strain my system is going to get from the game being on all the time from here on out. :lol Just don't know if I have the free space.

You can change the language for both the in-game matches and the anime cut scenes.

The in-game move list is available for EVERY character.
thank god. I was in EB watching the promo vid and the English VO is TERRIBLE.

"BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY AHKUMAH"

Blueblur1

Yesterday I got a bright idea. Amazon wasn't going to ship my Chun-Li pad until the 25th so I canceled my pre-order because I was able to go Best Buy and pick one up there.

img_0217.jpg

As you can see, I also picked up a copy of SFA3Max. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the Ryu pad though. Money is tight and I've already purchased a ton of SFIV stuff. No stick from BestBuy.com yet though. :p

Also, I had to go to the Best Buy store in Kendall. The one where the shoot out took place. Police tape remnants were visible all around the parking lot. :p

Guled said:
maybe most of us, but I don't think most people would even know there is an install option

You might be underestimating them. I think most people go through all the modes and options to see what the game has available.

Lyte Edge said:
I tried to watch the anime in Japanese and it didn't really make much sense, so I switched over to English... now it makes even less sense.
Threi said:
thank god. I was in EB watching the promo vid and the English VO is TERRIBLE.
You can actually change the voice of each character individually, nice.

akachan ningen said:
You might be underestimating them. I think most people go through all the modes and options to see what the game has available.

I don't know what you define as "most people" but I find this extremely unlikely. Most GAFfers? Yeah.

RavenFox

Banned
SapientWolf said:
You guys all fell for the bait. I guess the wait is making people irritable.

In other news, the GameShark store got the wall scrolls in. I don't know how supply constrained these are going to be but wall scrolls usually sell out rather quickly and are never printed again. It'll be interesting to see if MadCatz bucks this trend or follows it.
ohhh I have to get that.

Guled

akachan ningen said:
I really hope so, also is it me or is Ken's voice the same as Dante's

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
*shakes Magic 8-ball...it explodes in my hands*

That....can't be good.
I dunno if you've checked in with your reservation store again, but when I gave them a call last night, I was told they'd be in when the game comes out; next Tuesday. Not sure if the kid working just wanted to give me an answer that will, in theory, make me not annoy them every day checking. Thankfully my buddy is an assistant manager there. Asked him to give me a heads up if they show up before Tuesday, but odds aren't looking good. :(

Someone else had posted saying if you reserved it at a B&M GameStop, you have to wait until Tuesday... More or less confirming my despair.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn it's depressing looking at my live friends list and seeing Phatsaqs and Lyte Edge playing the game right now :(

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
DIRTY-D said:
Was playing the game yesterday.....and I wanted to see how on top of the game Capcom was with the production assets

So we played on Guiles Air Field Stage and me and my friend both used The Boxer on this stage.

The thing we wanted to see was when the bomber plane pulls into the stage in round 2, we wanted to see if the Boxer in the background would punch the door down on the plane or if they put another character in his spot and have a different animation.

Sure enough, Vega(the Claw) was there as his sub while he was fighting.

I thought this was a nice touch.

Capcom is on point.

:D

Now you gotta play Vega vs Balrog on that stage and see who shows up THEN.

Also: dudes with the CE, or at least, dudes who saw the anime movie. Is it really just the anime scenes from each character's intro/exit sewn together with extra stuff? Or is it entirely unique?

Basically the question is: should I watch the movie BEFORE I see all the intros/endings in the normal flow of the game, or after? Will it spoil all the intros/endings, so that when I play the game proper I'll just basically be seeing clips from the movie that I already saw?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
CRISIS AVERTED

Called the GameStop USA, and they were terribly sorry about this. Since I'm not in the USA, they let me keep this PS3 stick and will send me a new order of X360 FightStick, with the money I used for the previous order (which they fucked up).

Free 100-150 bucks, cha-ching.

Jube3

Osaka said:
CRISIS AVERTED

Called the GameStop USA, and they were terribly sorry about this. Since I'm not in the USA, they let me keep this PS3 stick and will send me a new order of X360 FightStick, with the money I used for the previous order (which they fucked up).

Wow that is really awesome of them!

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Jube3 said:
Wow that is really awesome of them!

I know, and they said that I should be expecting the new order to ship today or tomorrow, because they have some sticks left for cases like this.

RavenFox

Banned
Osaka said:
CRISIS AVERTED

Not bad man

negitoro7

bdizzle said:
I let it sit at the start screen for about a minute and it goes from watching a match to about a 5 minute ink trailer showing all the characters (which looks incredible BTW). Then it cycles back again.

When I press start and let it set at the mode main menu for over 20 minutes and nothing happens. Sorry to disappoint.
Thanks for checking for me!

Really disappointed that Capcom took that out of the console versions though. I wonder if that remixed Ranking Mode music appears anywhere else in the game now, or at least on the soundtrack. I doubt it will be on the soundtrack disc because it's a console-version OST. :*(

diffusionx

Gold Member
I preordered SFIV from GameStop, online instore pickup style, and the email says, paraphrased, "you have to pick this up in 48 hours, if you do not, you authorize us to charge $5 to your credit card to compensate for shipping and handling to the store". LOL WTF. The size of GameStop's balls never cease to amaze me. $5 to ship a new game in a box with 50 other copies to a store that sells new games.

Barrett2

diffusionx said:
I preordered SFIV from GameStop, online instore pickup style, and the email says, paraphrased, "you have to pick this up in 48 hours, if you do not, you authorize us to charge $5 to your credit card to compensate for shipping and handling to the store". LOL WTF. The size of GameStop's balls never cease to amaze me. $5 to ship a new game in a box with 50 other copies to a store that sells new games.

This precisely why I would rather stab my own eyes out rather than shop at GS.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tathanen said:
Now you gotta play Vega vs Balrog on that stage and see who shows up THEN.

Also: dudes with the CE, or at least, dudes who saw the anime movie. Is it really just the anime scenes from each character's intro/exit sewn together with extra stuff? Or is it entirely unique?

Basically the question is: should I watch the movie BEFORE I see all the intros/endings in the normal flow of the game, or after? Will it spoil all the intros/endings, so that when I play the game proper I'll just basically be seeing clips from the movie that I already saw?

I'm watching it right now. It's entirely unique.

-Mikey-

I got my copy about 15 minutes ago. It's like Christmas over here.

Installing now but when it's done I'll see you all around SF V.

Top Bottom