• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

rocK` said:
or you could press jab to stuff the blanka ball

:|

I can't wait till I play DSP online, at least 1 perfect guaranteed

edit: can we get another GAF tourney going?
Yeah, another GAF tourney would be awesome!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oi, everyone who bashes DPS should shut up, seriously. He's an awesome player and 90% of his complains is for entertainment. He's a cool guy and he's really, really good at SFIV when he feels like it.

EDIT: And MvC.

Owensboro said:
Hah, I just thought it was so far down the line of videos that no one had commented:lol

And even though he does post them, he doesn't seem to learn from them. I mean, I'm AWFUL at this game but even I can "Monday Morning Quarterback" them.

Learning to play offline is different from learning to play online. Typically you can see me make repeated mistakes online because I refuse to change my habits, since it would make my offline play worse.

oh yah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9txda3FdM

LakeEarth

GalacticAE said:
Why is DSP so popular these days?

"Down Syndrome Phil? Fuck that guy"
He's a personality that gets under people's skin. I don't mind it most of the time, I bitch at the game all the time while playing, I just don't want other people to hear it :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seiken said:
Oi, everyone who bashes DPS should shut up, seriously. He's an awesome player and 90% of his complains is for entertainment. He's a cool guy and he's really, really good at SFIV when he feels like it.
You're on a roll of stupid lately, aren't you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hitokage said:
You're on a roll of stupid lately, aren't you.
I don't get it, is it that you don't think DSP's doing this for entertainment or is it something else?

Yoshichan

Yeah, he's terrible. Beating Justin Wong must've been because of the lag or something.

Good or bad SF4 is such an entertaining game to watch. DSP is just a guy that actually posts up a playlist of new SF4 fighting content on an almost weekly basis.

I remember watching DSP's earlier SF4 videos and his complaining was a lot more subdued. I hope his belly aching is for entertainment or at the very least hammed up for the camera. ACTING!

Are there other top players that post up their runs with different characters (like M.Bison) that I should know about? How come Haunts or Gootecks, who have fighting websites, don't have a youtube channel of them fighting on a weekly, biweekly basis? They probably would get a lot more of a following.

Leunam

MiniBossBattle said:
Are there other top players that post up their runs with different characters (like M.Bison) that I should know about? How come Haunts or Gootecks, who have fighting websites, don't have a youtube channel of them fighting on a weekly, biweekly basis? They probably would get a lot more of a following.

They do podcasts don't they? I'd say that's worth quite a bit.

MiniBossBattle said:

I'm sure payed XBL tutorial sessions are lucrative enough

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Seiken said:
Yeah, he's terrible. Beating Justin Wong must've been because of the lag or something.
ok man, we'll stop teasing your boyfriend.

He's good at street fighter. AND he's a cock WHEN he gets bested online. At least he posts it though, but his comments make him sound like a whiny loser.

Also, seeing that HORRIBLE bison double perfect him was SWEET.

<3 bison.

bistromathics said:
its the ones with the shitty links that are a pain. cvipers was fun...frustrating, but fun.

Honestly i recommend cammy. those were the most recent hard trials i finished and they were a blast.

Yeah, I worked on some hard trials last night and had a blast with the shotos. The charge characters like Boxer and Dictator (who I main play with mostly) have those links that are balls to the wall time sensitive.

The last hard trials take about 20 minutes to complete each. :lol

Whenever I complete these, I'm going to feel a big sense of accomplishment.

MoxManiac

Seiken said:

Which game did he beat Wong in?

I know he beasted in ST and won it at Evo(?). But really, despite being the source of inspiration of SF4, skill in ST doesn't automatically transfer over to SF4.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
black_vegeta said:
Whenever I complete these, I'm going to feel a big sense of accomplishment.

For the trials I'm an unashamed turbo user*

* I have never and I will never use a turbo function online. not even once to see what it might be like. I just hate spending that much time on trials.... I just want titles icons and achievements!

Pop On Arrival said:
DSP is pretty much terrible all around.

DSP is REALLY good. Also about JWong match, he beat him in ST en route to placing fourth some year.

You guys would be surprised at how crappy some top players are online haha.

catfish said:
For the trials I'm an unashamed turbo user*

* I have never and I will never use a turbo function online. not even once to see what it might be like. I just hate spending that much time on trials.... I just want titles icons and achievements!

Samehere depending on the trial. Still with turbo on, some of the links are difficult to land. For example, Dictator's Hard Trial #5:

j. mk
c. lk
c. lp
c. mk
Scissor kick hk

The c. lp to c. mk is difficult itself, then when I do finally land that link I'm a little too late doing to scissor kick cancel. Frustrating I tell you!

DAMN YOU CAPCOM!!!!

FindMyFarms said:
It's really true. My bro who apparently is running with Valle and Keno nowadays can have some god awful unlucky streaks online, but when he's at AI or some other local spot, he's a beast.

Leunam

I think those were posted in the Arcade stick thread.

But if you want random speculation, I heard the next Street Fighter will have:

6 SFIII Characters
More Alpha Characters
Selectable Ultras/Supers
Variable Super Meter Length
New Stages
New Music
New End Boss
More Titles
8 Player Lobbies
Timed Combo Challenge Mode
Third and Fourth Alternate Costumes
Taunts will have effects
Bonus Stages
Downloadable Match Videos
Classic Sprite mode where the game is converted to 2D Sprites
A direct apology from Ono for not including T. Hawk and Dee Jay still

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
FindMyFarms said:
DSP is REALLY good. Also about JWong match, he beat him in ST en route to placing fourth some year.

To be fair, online may as well be a completely different game. It sure as hell feels like it sometimes.

HiResDes

Pop On Arrival said:
DSP is pretty much terrible all around.
he's a beast a remix though, surprised he didn't enter at Evo, his DJ would have done pretty good...Though they were far too many legends present for him to have made it super far.

Would love to see a pad without character art on it and just that paint splat effect, then I will think about buying one.

I play on PC anyway and use an awesome logitech pad so eh.

BitchTits

Had my first game of Roseball in a random ranked match today. I lost at Roseball, but won the match :(

I've been getting back into playing Zangief a lot too. He was always one of my mains in SF2, but all the terrible, terrible Zangief players on XBL has made me feel dirty any time I pick him. I call them wigglemashers, because that's all they do, mash for lariat and wiggle for SPD/Ultra.

MCD

Diablohead said:
Would love to see a pad without character art on it and just that paint splat effect, then I will think about buying one.

nxl1n8.jpg

Limited Edition Comic-con pad.

LakeEarth

BitchTits said:
I've been getting back into playing Zangief a lot too. He was always one of my mains in SF2, but all the terrible, terrible Zangief players on XBL has made me feel dirty any time I pick him. I call them wigglemashers, because that's all they do, mash for lariat and wiggle for SPD/Ultra.
I agree, I always pick the big guys in fighters but he's just so brain-dead to use at a low skill level and so annoying to fight against that I just don't want to use him.

And I call him the 50/50 king, because if you're ever next to him, everything is 50/50. Stupid enough to stand over him on wakeup? 50/50 wakeup lariat or SPD/ultra. He's jumping in on you somewhat close? 50/50 lariat or SPD. Really, all you can do is keep your distance and know exactly how to punish whiffed lariats with your character... unless of course you have a fireball, then it's so much easier.

Plus he has that 8:2 (7:3 depending on list) match in Seth's favor which would just piss me off to no end.

Diablohead said:

3860972895_bdd92d515a.jpg

If you live in Japan

Top Bottom