• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
QCF Punch said:
Maxmilian did you get my FR on XBL? I wanna get some games in soon with you.

Just noticed it, got you added. I might be on tonight, usual playtime is somewhere between 6pm-midnight on weekdays. Since the new modern warfare 2 trailer came out, I might be on COD4 tonight tho :lol

GamerSoul

I think if they really do add SF3 characters, I think they could also add the older versoins of some of the old characters. Like an Older Ryu, Sakura, etc. that play differently from their SF4 counterparts.

QCF Punch

Neo Member
LeMaximilian said:
Just noticed it, got you added. I might be on tonight, usual playtime is somewhere between 6pm-midnight on weekdays. Since the new modern warfare 2 trailer came out, I might be on COD4 tonight tho :lol

Haha I understand man. I am in my final semester of school so i know how the schedule thing goes. Also, I am pretty hype for MW2 myself. Where are you located? I am in TN so I am on Central time.

TimeKillr

FindMyFarms said:
Dude you haven't been online in a while, I'll show you a good time w/ gief :D

Yeah my copy of the game is at work, with my TE. I'll bring it back - I'm usually on a bit more on XBL than PSN since I have a lot more people I know on XBL...

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
I mean, fuck. Tell a Twelve player to kill Chun. :(
Twelve vs Chun is not that bad (seen it as low as 5:5 in 3s, believe it or not). Of course the Twelve has to be the best Twelve ever, but Chun has no answer to Twelve's funky air crap if it's done right.

EDIT - looking at some tiers display it as 7:3 Chun, but I swear I've seen it 5:5 before. Still not as bad as a fight as Chun vs Q, Alex, Hugo, Remy, Oro, and Sean.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
QCF Punch said:
Haha I understand man. I am in my final semester of school so i know how the schedule thing goes. Also, I am pretty hype for MW2 myself. Where are you located? I am in TN so I am on Central time.

PST in Southern California, Santa Monica. Hopefully the connection will be stable, most of the time 3 bars are ok, while sometimes it's absolute hell online.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Can anyone explain to me how the game decides if it's going to let you save a replay or not? I know it has to be a final, but a few finals I've won don't allow me to save a replay.

_dementia said:
I think SFIV is more balanced than 3S.

There are no 8:2 matchups in IV, unlike 3S.
I mean, fuck. Tell a Twelve player to kill Chun. :(

4 is HELLA balanced compared to 3. 4 might be the best balanced SF ever (though not my favorite game in the series.... yet).

3rd Strike has great balance.... outside of the top 4. Ken, Chun, Yun just run the game, always have always will. Below the top tier, everyone mixes up very well.

If you brought Chun, Yun, and Ken (and to some extent Makoto) nerfed them down until they were about on Urien, Dudely, Yang, Akuma esq level, you'd have the most balanced, best SF game ever.

It's not too late. Ono bring us Street Fighter 3: 4th Impact.

GamerSoul

YungMike513 said:
the.......fuck.....? :lol :lol

A little much :l ...but that Ken play is why I never get tired of watching this game in action. It's something about watching stuff u can't do yourself but you definitely appreciate seeing it done on such a high level. I like it.

-PXG-

Since going back to college just a few days ago, I started playing SFIV religously. I'm really getting the hang of my new TE Stick. I just picked up Balrog a few moments ago. He's fucking beast.

I'm in the works of getting my PS3 (and 360) hooked up online in my dorm. I should (hopefully) be online a day or two.

YakiSOBA

-PXG- said:
Since going back to college just a few days ago, I started playing SFIV religously. I'm really getting the hang of my new TE Stick. I just picked up Balrog a few moments ago. He's fucking beast.

I'm in the works of getting my PS3 (and 360) hooked up online in my dorm. I should (hopefully) be online a day or two.

Faaaawk man, it feels so wierd to hear you say that. I graduated this past June and it feels SO WRONG that I'm not packed up and moving to my university :( :( :( I fucking miss university life so badly :(

Arpharmd B said:

This. The boss can be Oro with the use of both of his arms. And Sean could be made fun again.

But IV is pretty awesome, it's just in need of a few tweaks and a aesthetic/audio makeover (backgrounds and character themes). If they do an upgrade, just include new characters. V can feature III characters, etc.

RS4-

Ysiadmihi said:
Can anyone explain to me how the game decides if it's going to let you save a replay or not? I know it has to be a final, but a few finals I've won don't allow me to save a replay.

I think you have to get a previous best in regards to winning overall CP after finals. So if you saved a replay at 100CP, you can't save until you win more than 100.

I'll be on for a few hours on Live, send a msg @ pinbacker

Ysiadmihi

Banned
RS4- said:
I think you have to get a previous best in regards to winning overall CP after finals. So if you saved a replay at 100CP, you can't save until you win more than 100.

I don't think that's the case since I had more CP in my most recent win and it saved my previous one which was quite a bit lower.

Arpharmd B said:
4 is HELLA balanced compared to 3. 4 might be the best balanced SF ever (though not my favorite game in the series.... yet).

3rd Strike has great balance.... outside of the top 4. Ken, Chun, Yun just run the game, always have always will. Below the top tier, everyone mixes up very well.

If you brought Chun, Yun, and Ken (and to some extent Makoto) nerfed them down until they were about on Urien, Dudely, Yang, Akuma esq level, you'd have the most balanced, best SF game ever.

You know what else would make SF3 cool? Whiffed normals NOT building meter.

_dementia said:
You know what else would make SF3 cool? Whiffed normals NOT building meter.

This is very true, which is what makes playing against Urien, Chun, Ken, Yun, etc not fun to play. They're characters with deadly supers. I remember watching the Evo 2K2 USA vs. Japan and watching them just standing there just whiffing moves to build super meter. At least in IV, it takes forever to build super. And ST, you can only do specials to build super.

I think they should reduce the amount of revenge meter you get from focusing. Sometimes, when I'm playing against an uppercut brother, I just stand far away and just focus (if they don't know what they're doing).

TimeKillr

BTW guys, here in MTL we're running tourneys every week in a really cool little venue.

So this week we recorded the entire matches in direct feed 720p video!

The qualifiers are currently in my Youtube upload queue, so if you want to watch them in a few hours (there are 9 matches total), you can find them here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/timekillr

I'll keep posting the tournament videos on my channel and build a playlist of all the fights.

For those interested, I'm TimeKillr, and I main Abel. SpectreRT is a fellow gaffer who mains Cammy (and a damn good one at that, as you'll see in the videos).

I also recommend you watch videos featuring Richard (he's got a fearsome Dhalsim), Willix (good gief) and Person7 (Montreal's Sagat!)

We also had 2 claw players, which is always interesting. I had to face both, and destroyed one while I got beat by the second.

SpectreRT

TimeKillr said:
BTW guys, here in MTL we're running tourneys every week in a really cool little venue.

So this week we recorded the entire matches in direct feed 720p video!

The qualifiers are currently in my Youtube upload queue, so if you want to watch them in a few hours (there are 9 matches total), you can find them here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/timekillr

I'll keep posting the tournament videos on my channel and build a playlist of all the fights.

For those interested, I'm TimeKillr, and I main Abel. SpectreRT is a fellow gaffer who mains Cammy (and a damn good one at that, as you'll see in the videos).

I also recommend you watch videos featuring Richard (he's got a fearsome Dhalsim), Willix (good gief) and Person7 (Montreal's Sagat!)

We also had 2 claw players, which is always interesting. I had to face both, and destroyed one while I got beat by the second.

I gotta say man, the quality of your recorder is beyond what I expected!

And yea, please watch our vids and comment :D

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
black_vegeta said:
Decided to tackle the challenge modes finally, I completed all the normal trials...onto the hard trials. I did Ryu's hard trials and had fun with it and I'm looking forward to the rest.

I fear Crimson Viper hard trials (here normals were a pain). :-(
its the ones with the shitty links that are a pain. cvipers was fun...frustrating, but fun.

Honestly i recommend cammy. those were the most recent hard trials i finished and they were a blast.

hitsugi

LeMaximilian said:
You still sticking with Akuma? And give your internet connection some RedBull!

You should see my Akuma offline.. or with a proper connection; something must be wrong with ours because I've had 2 bars that were fine! ;) roundhouse loops all day, Max. all. damn. day.

Stantron

LakeEarth said:
His Honda is such an obvious turbo user. Jab -> fierce hands is really difficult and he gets it every time.
I just played a set of about 7 or 8 matches versus Highlulu. His Ken vs my Honda. Some close matches, but my Honda took 5. :D

Earlier, I was about to get my first G1 Finals win were it not for two clutch fuck ups. Versus blanka, round one, blocked his ultra up close, then goofed my Ultra to punish > loss. I had that shit in my hands! Second round, butt slam while he's on ground, he ultras on wake up, butt whiffs while he does electric ball hop, I block low instead of high > loss. The sad thing is I beat him in a previous match. :/

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Owensboro said:
You know, his voice and constant excuses get on my nerves a lot when I watch his videos, but it takes a lot of balls to post a video online of yourself get perfected twice even if you do just blame everyone and everything else under the sun for the losses..

you know, I honestly think he believes the things he says , you know stuff like " cheating, cant do anything balbalbla " so when he posts that he doesnt actually realize that he got perfected twice in a row, if anything deep down he felt like he won the match.

Freud out!

"I was doing nothing!" no shit, half of those grabs could have been avoided by jumping and jab :lol

He plays well in some video's but the moment it goes tits up he throws 200 excuses out and blames online, and swears a lot.

SOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Owensboro said:
You know, his voice and constant excuses get on my nerves a lot when I watch his videos, but it takes a lot of balls to post a video online of yourself get perfected twice even if you do just blame everyone and everything else under the sun for the losses..

aye but then again I just realized that that certain video was the only one he disabled the comments on :p

Owensboro

Corky said:
aye but then again I just realized that that certain video was the only one he disabled the comments on :p

Hah, I just thought it was so far down the line of videos that no one had commented:lol

And even though he does post them, he doesn't seem to learn from them. I mean, I'm AWFUL at this game but even I can "Monday Morning Quarterback" them.

Owensboro said:
Hah, I just thought it was so far down the line of videos that no one had commented:lol

And even though he does post them, he doesn't seem to learn from them. I mean, I'm AWFUL at this game but even I can "Monday Morning Quarterback" them.

I think his experience with Gouken is very limited. Still, he managed to beat most of those players with ease. DSP is not a bad SF player. I agree that seeing him lose is funny though, especially with his juiced up ego! :D

LakeEarth

The Gouken vs Blanka one is funny, his confusion on why he couldn't punish those whiffed up balls. "God why can't I hit him, that's weird!" No it isn't, that's a move with short recovery time, adjust! Don't just blame the world, see that you didn't time it right to punish the quick recovery and do it faster next time, or something different.

rocK`

Banned
or you could press jab to stuff the blanka ball

:|

I can't wait till I play DSP online, at least 1 perfect guaranteed

edit: can we get another GAF tourney going?

ArjanN

schennmu said:
I think his experience with Gouken is very limited. Still, he managed to beat most of those players with ease. DSP is not a bad SF player. I agree that seeing him lose is funny though, especially with his juiced up ego! :D

He's not a bad player, but he has a terrible mentality IMO. If he loses the other guy was playing cheap, if a move doesn't come out it's the games' fault, etc...

rocK` said:
edit: can we get another GAF tourney going?

Yes, please.
on PC

Top Bottom