• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
I agree, I always pick the big guys in fighters but he's just so brain-dead to use at a low skill level and so annoying to fight against that I just don't want to use him.

This a million times. I can't believe Capcom made me actually hate Zangief. 3rd Strike I was all Hugo, ST/Remix all T.Hawk and 'Gief but now I shun him like Bart's evil twin.

I'm not quite sure what Find posted. Was it a thesis in poor clipping?

The DSP video was hilarious, but his Gouken was pretty good. And, personally, I don't like online play. The lag is ridiculous. Not to say it'll make me better but there are some occasions where it's detrimental.

What's the point in creating a PC tournament? I went into the PC online thread, and like four or five people posted their gametag.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
man, getting a sixaxis to work with 64bit vista is hell on a stick, eh?

finally got it working though, so pc street fighters should get ready to fear my scrubby sakura. :p it was fun unlocking her with a keyboard while waiting for a train in union tstaion. xD

Steaks

FindMyFarms said:
DSP is REALLY good. Also about JWong match, he beat him in ST en route to placing fourth some year.

You guys would be surprised at how crappy some top players are online haha.
I believe DSP beat Justin in ST at Evo East 2k7, where they used the CCC2, which ironically had input delay (the most common reason to whine about online play!)

Also DSP is a really really average SF4 player in the tournament circuit, I've beaten him in a tournament, and generally wreck him in casuals, until he plays Ryu (current main), and he still loses most of the time :lol He's actually a pretty nice guy in real life, surprisingly.

It's this weekend. Who's going? I know we had a roll call a few pages back but since it's just a few days away, I thought I'd ask again. It's doubtful, but if there's enough people we may be able to have a mini-GAF meetup? So post if you're coming.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
myDingling said:
It's this weekend. Who's going? I know we had a roll call a few pages back but since it's just a few days away, I thought I'd ask again. It's doubtful, but if there's enough people we may be able to have a mini-GAF meetup? So post if you're coming.

will it be streamed? or will it be legal to youtube it later?

kensk said:
I believe DSP beat Justin in ST at Evo East 2k7, where they used the CCC2,

Noted and corrected. He might be rather average at sf4, but we were talking about him as a FG player all around, which is why I say he's really good.

McBradders said:
To be fair, online may as well be a completely different game. It sure as hell feels like it sometimes.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying with the posts before that.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm not quite sure what Find posted. Was it a thesis in poor clipping?
Thesis in awesome!! :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pandaman said:
man, getting a sixaxis to work with 64bit vista is hell on a stick, eh?

finally got it working though, so pc street fighters should get ready to fear my scrubby sakura. :p it was fun unlocking her with a keyboard while waiting for a train in union tstaion. xD
Add yourself to the PC/GfW roster!

FindMyFarms said:
Would anyone be interested in an online tourney ran all in one sitting?

GAF RanBat! I'm still interested in getting this setup/participating. There's alot of factors to consider though...

1. Should we make it U.S.A. only (unless people are willing to be up at 4am on their timezone...)?
2. Should 1 or 2 bar matches be forced to play? Maybe if someone is consitently coming up with a bad connection, should they get kicked?....
3. Single Elim or Double Elim? This is actually a case where I might advocate for single elimination...

And some other things I've thought about but am forgetting. Want to work together in helping to set this up? I don't have a PS3 so we might split duties up that way.

myDingling said:
GAF RanBat! I'm still interested in getting this setup/participating. There's alot of factors to consider though...

1. Should we make it U.S.A. only (unless people are willing to be up at 4am on their timezone...)?
2. Should 1 or 2 bar matches be forced to play? Maybe if someone is consitently coming up with a bad connection, should they get kicked?....
3. Single Elim or Double Elim? This is actually a case where I might advocate for single elimination...

And some other things I've thought about but am forgetting. Want to work together in helping to set this up?

1 - Ideally yeah, depending on lag.
2 - If lag's unbearable, then we'd just have to flip a coin.
3 - Double elim. Since it's a single sitting and it's online, EVERYONE can play their game at the same time. It could be done really fast.

I'm mainly talking about the tourney, but that could apply to the ranbat as well.

kitzkozan

Leunam said:
I think those were posted in the Arcade stick thread.

But if you want random speculation, I heard the next Street Fighter will have:

6 SFIII Characters
More Alpha Characters
Selectable Ultras/Supers
Variable Super Meter Length
New Stages
New Music
New End Boss
More Titles
8 Player Lobbies
Timed Combo Challenge Mode
Third and Fourth Alternate Costumes
Taunts will have effects
Bonus Stages
Downloadable Match Videos
Classic Sprite mode where the game is converted to 2D Sprites
A direct apology from Ono for not including T. Hawk and Dee Jay still

Are we talking about SF IV dash?

If we are,I can definitively see something an updated version looking like this.Some of these do not make a lot of sense like the variable super meter length which could be problematic(hello unbalanced super art of SF III).

Seth is too boring as an end boss,so replace him please. :)

My guess would be that the 6 SF III characters are: Ibuki,Elena,Dudley,Alex,Hugo and Makoto(or Poison :lol )?

I can see the alpha characters being: Birdie,Rolento,Adon,Karin,Maki,Eagle,Ingrid and maybe Cody?

BitchTits

Rose vs Akuma is my new favorite match-up.

I fought an Akuma earlier, best of five rounds, and each round ended with him eating his own red fireball. It's like he was completely oblivious to the face that reflected fireballs hit their sender. Since then I've used Rose exclusively against Akuma and never lost.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
FindMyFarms said:
1 - Ideally yeah, depending on lag.
2 - If lag's unbearable, then we'd just have to flip a coin.
3 - Double elim. Since it's a single sitting and it's online, EVERYONE can play their game at the same time. It could be done really fast.

I'm mainly talking about the tourney, but that could apply to the ranbat as well.

Single elim 3 out 5...Double elim takes way too long and I expect we'd be seeing a lot of people signing up for this.

BitchTits

Gr1mLock said:
the only alpha characters i want to see are guy and adon.
Adon would be fun, I always felt like he was missing something though, maybe I just never grasped his play style, but the wall jump move seemed gimmicky and not particularly useful.

I am glad they brought back Rose and Gen, never thought I would see them again and they're two of my mains in SF4, in fact Gen is double #2 in my player records I use him that much. What I wouldn't give to see them flesh out Poison properly as a playable character in SF.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
FindMyFarms said:
DSP is REALLY good. Also about JWong match, he beat him in ST en route to placing fourth some year.

You guys would be surprised at how crappy some top players are online haha.

i just beat the gief who beat dsp in this video. by the transitive property of street fighter i am therefore better than justin wong.

MiniBossBattle said:
Are there other top players that post up their runs with different characters (like M.Bison) that I should know about? How come Haunts or Gootecks, who have fighting websites, don't have a youtube channel of them fighting on a weekly, biweekly basis? They probably would get a lot more of a following.

The only player who has a series(sort of) of videos showing him with other characters is Poongko. For a while he was releasing videos every week or two, but there hasn't been much from him in the last couple of months besides a few matches of him playing his main against other top Korean players. BTW, he's also beast online. One of his videos showed that he had a win percentage of 87% and was top 5 on PSN for a while until the boosters took over.

Besides that JR Rodriguez is the only top player that releases videos of himself playing practically every few days, but he's always playing Akuma as usual. He doesn't get many hits though since he doesn't commentate or is a really big name like JWong.

black_vegeta said:
Depends on what day and time?

Is this for the PS3 or 360?

I'd be doing it on PS3. There's nothing stopping the 360 crowd though, and I don't mind tracking the results.

This would probably happen on either a Tuesday or Thursday night.

n3ss said:
Single elim 3 out 5...Double elim takes way too long and I expect we'd be seeing a lot of people signing up for this.

If it's a ranbat then single match/elim 3/5 rounds is fine. But if it's a tourney then I would do double elim 2/3 match and 2/3 rounds since that's just standard in USA. Remember that everyone can play their match at the same time. Also, it's not like there's a spectator option so if you get eliminated there's no obligation or reason to commit any more of your time.

Lost Fragment said:
Fear the c.mp, fierce tk feint, cross up burn kick. Shit works 95% of the time.

Why tk feint? You can just SJC it. I like using cr. mk though since you don't have to get into spam jab territory, and the xup is a little more ambiguous. That shit's guaranteed online. It gets my lagtactics seal of approval :lol

BitchTits said:
Rose vs really bad Akumas is my new favorite match-up.

Fixed.

Trust me, that matchup SUCKS for Rose.

LakeEarth

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Just replace Seth with Urien. He's badass enough to be a boss character already
Not only that, SF3 happens after SFIV in the timeline, so it would give a kind of Sagat -> Bison SFI-SFII transition.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Rice-Eater said:
The only player who has a series(sort of) of videos showing him with other characters is Poongko. For a while he was releasing videos every week or two, but there hasn't been much from him in the last couple of months besides a few matches of him playing his main against other top Korean players. BTW, he's also beast online. One of his videos showed that he had a win percentage of 87% and was top 5 on PSN for a while until the boosters took over.

Besides that JR Rodriguez is the only top player that releases videos of himself playing practically every few days, but he's always playing Akuma as usual. He doesn't get many hits though since he doesn't commentate or is a really big name like JWong.

I'm trying to get something like this going. I always hated the video record screen youtube jazz, so I invested in some HD capture equipment a couple weeks ago. Fair warning, it's going to mostly be Ken stuff. So if your into low-tier characters trying to be high tier, this could be your thing, lol.

Championship Mode Run from 8/26, got me 5th place overall on the CP Xbox live leaderboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKy_quj1S9c

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
LeMaximilian said:
I'm trying to get something like this going. I always hated the video record screen youtube jazz, so I invested in some HD capture equipment a couple weeks ago. Fair warning, it's going to mostly be Ken stuff. So if your into low-tier characters trying to be high tier, this could be your thing, lol.

Championship Mode Run from 8/26, got me 5th place overall on the CP Xbox live leaderboards.

Nice vid, I swear I've played you. I got destroyed, probably XD

I probably, also, got very angry at being beaten by a Ken :lol

LeMaximilian said:

Nice match, I'm guessing this is a direct feed capture instead of pointing the camera as perfectly as possible at your TV? Anyways, it's too bad you can't commentate. I find it entertaining, even if its just you going "WTF" if you get hit with a reversal. Even though I didn't understand a thing Poongko said, it's funny to hear his reactions.

Anyways keep it up, I'll be watching as long as you continue doing more videos.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LeMaximilian said:

can you give a dummy rundown on how to get your setup to capture? Are you playing PC or xbox? Hope it's for xbox, but regardless can you post what you purchased?

Alucrid

Banned
LeMaximilian said:

Very nice, but did that Sagat fail to FADC into his ultra twice? :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hello there sfgaf, would be nice play against fellow gaffers, getting pretty bored of player matches :(

anyways i usually play blanka,abel,dhalsim and bison but i also want to learn honda.
:D

xbl gamertag : corcy100

<3

TimeKillr

I'd love to join a Ranbat. I typically have very good connections to the USA (I'm just a bit up north is all!)

I gotta get back on and teach FindMyFarms a few lessons :)

Corky said:
hello there sfgaf, would be nice play against fellow gaffers, getting pretty bored of player matches :(

anyways i usually play blanka,abel,dhalsim and bison but i also want to learn honda.
:D

xbl gamertag : corcy100

<3

Ill send you a req when i get home. xbl sir long meat. right now im maining bison and thanks to max's videos learning ken. also play abel, ryu, noobrog, and the occasional sucky dan/viper combo.

Edit Max I sent you a friend req. I have a strong feeling my dan can outclass your ken!

Vangellis

LakeEarth said:
I agree, I always pick the big guys in fighters but he's just so brain-dead to use at a low skill level and so annoying to fight against that I just don't want to use him.

And I call him the 50/50 king, because if you're ever next to him, everything is 50/50. Stupid enough to stand over him on wakeup? 50/50 wakeup lariat or SPD/ultra. He's jumping in on you somewhat close? 50/50 lariat or SPD. Really, all you can do is keep your distance and know exactly how to punish whiffed lariats with your character... unless of course you have a fireball, then it's so much easier.

Plus he has that 8:2 (7:3 depending on list) match in Seth's favor which would just piss me off to no end.

I hate him since its all a keep away game. I use Chun so my vitality difference in this fight is pretty obvious. I can smack this shit out of him in a few nice combos only to be out damaged by a few simple hits.

It ends up being such a boring fight.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
gief sux to fight he's a dumb character.

I do like beating him with bison though. it's a ridiculous fight in Giefs favour but if you manage to spam nothing but HK it's glorious.

I fought 1 gief that simply didn't know what to do vs standing HK and i did it repeatedly. 1 whole round nothing but that. Got a dizzy too. Gief can't help jumping sometimes.

catfish said:
gief sux to fight he's a dumb character.

I do like beating him with bison though. it's a ridiculous fight in Giefs favour but if you manage to spam nothing but HK it's glorious.

I fought 1 gief that simply didn't know what to do vs standing HK and i did it repeatedly. 1 whole round nothing but that. Got a dizzy too. Gief can't help jumping sometimes.

Bison has the advantage in that matchup.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
With Abel, Akuma is one of the easiest characters to beat up on in the game.

<remix>

:"?#@$%!#$@$@$

With Abel, Akuma that knows the existence of his Roundhouse Kick is impossible to beat.

oh SF4...

TimeKillr

~Devil Trigger~ said:
With Abel, Akuma is one of the easiest characters to beat up on in the game.

<remix>

:"?#@$%!#$@$@$

With Abel, Akuma that knows the existence of his Roundhouse Kick is impossible to beat.

oh SF4...

Yeah far RH with Akuma is a pain to deal with with Abel.

Thankfully most Akumas try to chain it afterwards (even on block!) so ex TT is your friend there! I haven't seen many Akumas do far RH -> SRK so you're usually safe.

And yeah, Gief is ridiculous. He has such high HP that he's pretty much impossible to dizzy and his damage output is SO INCREDIBLY HIGH that a single SPD will outdamage full combos by Viper or Chun. It's ridiculous... With Viper you have to hit him so much for so little damage it's discouraging.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
GalacticAE said:
Bison has the advantage in that matchup.
What?!

Seriously? What does he have except standing HK that can do anything vs gief? I thought it was 6-4 gief

Top Bottom