• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Xevren

Wouldn't be surprised if he was sandbagging. Was a good match anyway. Highlight of everything was definitely Yeb though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
choke_full.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TurtleSnatcher said:
lawlz ec winning the wc warzone.
That's exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Marn is really solid. Great event with some great matches. Fucking YEB man! :D

Xevren said:
Wouldn't be surprised if he was sandbagging. Was a good match anyway. Highlight of everything was definitely Yeb though.

Listen to him. "I was bored." "I had to put on a show" (I don't think they wanted to catch that on the mic).

Agreed on Yeb. He played extraordinary. He's going to have a lot of peeps jocking his style.

But Marn's Viper is incredible.

It's fucking late. Going to sleep. Great tournament. Shitty stream. And didn't care for the side games. Should've been strictly SFIV.

Yeb vs. Marn woulda been epic. I have a feeling Yeb mightve been able to take it.

Kinda pissed now at the Cammy player that knocked Yeb into losers (which was an epic matchup you guys should look up). Wish Yeb had a second chance in the top 8...

I was rooting so hard for yeb :( Stupid Ed Ma.

Marn's comeback was pretty epic. If he was sandbagging that only shows how good he actually is.

Bob Loblaw said:
I was rooting so hard for yeb :( Stupid Ed Ma.

Marn's comeback was pretty epic. If he was sandbagging that only shows how good he actually is.

Come on. He beasted on Valle with Viper to send him to losers...

Then he switches characters out of boredom and "comes back" after going to the brink of extinction.

I call shenanigans.

And yeah, he did pull off that Viper combo. His Viper has improved since Evo. Probably the best Viper in the U.S. I'd say East Coast might have the best players with Justin, Marn and Art.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Marn's execution is so clutch as well. He rarely fucks up his Fadc into ultras or setups.
I also felt he was sandbagging in the beginning. Didn't think he took Valle that seriously until he was down 2 sets.

TurtleSnatcher said:
lawlz ec winning the wc warzone.
schadenfreude = so awesome

Marn was down in South Florida and won a tournament down here like last week. And who could forget him and Justin stealing France's spot at SBO. Professional fighting game troll confirmed.

Zissou

Goddam, I've been on a losing streak a mile long in G2. I got the game pretty quickly after it'd come out, but I'd taken a while off and now I'm sitting at a little over 3000 GP in G2, and I rarely play someone with less than twice my GP. I only just won a match because a guy who slaughtered me in a Blanka mirror match decided to have mercy and play Vega when we randomly matched back up :lol

If anybody wants to play on PSN, hit me up: MadMrBacon is my ID.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
East coast beast again. Dude was switching characters out of boredom and still won.

And, with Art leveling up like crazy in Japan. I think the strong hold East have over SFIV in the U.S will last for a while.

Also, props to Yeb. Dude, was by far the player of warzone. Nothing like Gen kicking that ass.

-PXG-

GeoNeo said:
East coast beast again. Dude was switching characters out of boredom and still won.

And, with Art leveling up like crazy in Japan. I think the strong hold East have over SFIV in the U.S will last for a while.

Also, props to Yeb. Dude, was by far the player of warzone. Nothing like Gen being up in that ass.

fixed

GeoNeo said:

Also, props to Yeb. Dude, was by far the player of warzone. Nothing like Gen kicking that ass.

I know Justin is going to the South Florida event :( and Ohio. It's ridiculous how good they are with multiple characters. We have people in the U.S. who are playing one competently and those two are able to switch it up and win tournaments.

Yeb is that dude. He just needs a little more seasoning. But he plays in San Diego, so I'm sure that'll happen. His ultra setups were king and so were his 100 hand combos. It just seemed to present a problem when he went against a strong player and had no meter.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spiderjericho said:
Agreed on Yeb. He played extraordinary. He's going to have a lot of peeps jocking his style

Hell, I've been trying for months! I hope his run does end up birthing way more Gens online for real. And is Yeb now considered premiere Gen over Jibbo?

bob_arctor said:
Hell, I've been trying for months! I hope his run does end up birthing way more Gens online for real. And is Yeb now considered premiere Gen over Jibbo?
Jibbo wasn't there. My hype for Yeb is because he's a forum member. It's hard to tell who are the elite console players. Live/PSN is so fickle.

The great thing about Warzone is it's a new major tourney. Evo is still the king daddy but now we have these other events, so those who can't travel to Vegas can go someplace a little closer (like the South Florida, Final Round, Devastation, Ohio, etc).

And check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0H2psZj7Ko&feature=related

This Japanese player named Sako is purported to have a 95 percent record (only 1,500 matches played), was one of the sickest Vampire Saviour players and is a great Viper. But he busts out a 27 hit combo with Akuma.

Akuma is sick. I've been reading Art's SRK posts and the vortex is a nebulous and powerful place a player does not want to be. It's strange. We see Ed Ma wrecking peeps with Akuma but Japan's Akuma (and Honda, Abel, Sagat) are on another level.

Guess that's the thing. Go to Japan and level up.

Etelmik

Neo Member
I think (I think) I've played all the Gens in G1 and I've played a couple offline extensively, and Yeb is, imo, the best Gen I've ever played. He felt and thought very, very differently than any other Gen I've played against. He's tricky and plays as safe as possible, a requirement to be awesome with any character, really.

I can't remember if I've played jibbo or not for sure; I think I have.

At any rate, I doubt anyone will dispute that Warzone has solidified Yeb as a crowd favorite and as the U.S.'s top-rated Gen.

Can't stand Marn, but he's damn good. And him and Wong do put in the hours and the work, and going to Japan to level up and learn new tricks. Their dedication shows. Beast coast.

-PXG-

Spiderjericho said:
Jibbo wasn't there. My hype for Yeb is because he's a forum member. It's hard to tell who are the elite console players. Live/PSN is so fickle.

The great thing about Warzone is it's a new major tourney. Evo is still the king daddy but now we have these other events, so those who can't travel to Vegas can go someplace a little closer (like the South Florida, Final Round, Devastation, Ohio, etc).

And check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0H2psZj7Ko&feature=related

This Japanese player named Sako is purported to have a 95 percent record (only 1,500 matches played), was one of the sickest Vampire Saviour players and is a great Viper. But he busts out a 27 hit combo with Akuma.

Akuma is sick. I've been reading Art's SRK posts and the vortex is a nebulous and powerful place a player does not want to be. It's strange. We see Ed Ma wrecking peeps with Akuma but Japan's Akuma (and Honda, Abel, Sagat) are on another level.

Guess that's the thing. Go to Japan and level up.

I wish I had a mentor for this game. I seriously want someone to train me in SFIV. I want to get this good so bad. For real.

EDIT

Ok. What the fuck. Seriously. How the hell did you bust out that combo at the end? How do people do this shit. TELL ME!!!

-PXG- said:
I wish I had a mentor for this game. I seriously want someone to train me in SFIV. I want to get this good so bad. For real.

EDIT

Ok. What the fuck. Seriously. How the hell did you bust out that combo at the end? How do people do this shit. TELL ME!!!

Did you watch the other two vids of him against the Sagat? First off, the Sagat was pretty good. He just got locked down (which is hard as he knew some great block strings). He does that loop easy. In fact, the worst thing is he's able to link into it from low strongs, shorts and ish.

That Akuma vortex is crazy.

Most of us U.S. players won't get that good. Density and arcade population is really helping the Japanese, Nor Cal, So Cal and NYC folks. You just have to grind hard. This game is all about putting time in and grinding, which I haven't done.

It would've been hella funny if Marn was wearing his shower cap and pajamas again. And yes, he's hella good. Justin is hella good too. I mean the guy picked up Boxer and slaughtered Daigo (almost).

And LOL at Gootecks puffing his chest and saying Alex Valle plays against my Boxer (like his is the best in the country). And the So Cal nut hugging was in effect. I know they're all cool but how about some impartiality?

Top Bottom