• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
bumpkin said:
I dunno if you've checked in with your reservation store again, but when I gave them a call last night, I was told they'd be in when the game comes out; next Tuesday. Not sure if the kid working just wanted to give me an answer that will, in theory, make me not annoy them every day checking. Thankfully my buddy is an assistant manager there. Asked him to give me a heads up if they show up before Tuesday, but odds aren't looking good. :(

Someone else had posted saying if you reserved it at a B&M GameStop, you have to wait until Tuesday... More or less confirming my despair.

Well, I called Corp yesterday when my TE didn't arrive in my store (I work at the store). They assured me that my TE stick should have been in yesterday's shipment, but it wasn't. So, I'm hoping it pops in today. If not, a bunch of unhappy calls shall be made.

Etelmik

Neo Member
Why would anyone preorder SF IV the game? It's not necessary to ensure you get a copy as soon as it comes.

And trade-in bonus applies until 2-22, so the preorder isn't necessary if you were doing it for the +20% trade-in towards it.

-Mikey-

Hmm, to anyone who has an imported version how do you get the menus to be in english?

Thought it would detect the system settings or something.

Any help would be much appreciated : )

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The word on the street (aka Shoryuken) seems to be that the 360 version has better netplay. Which is disappointing because I just ordered a Saturn pad for the PS3 version. Choices...

Teknoman

Etelmik said:
Why would anyone preorder SF IV the game? It's not necessary to ensure you get a copy as soon as it comes.

And trade-in bonus applies until 2-22, so the preorder isn't necessary if you were doing it for the +20% trade-in towards it.

At some places it is. Some Gamestops have employees that wont sell you something day one if you didnt reserve it. And even then, for some, that gamestop may be the closest/most convenient purchase location.

Or they just want a headband :D

I was just checking Amazon to see if any of my SF orders had changed shipping dates when I noticed that since they were out of the PS3 CE Hubbagames was selling it in their place at the new gouge-price of $139.79 :O

What dirty cocks.

Kintaro said:
Well, I called Corp yesterday when my TE didn't arrive in my store (I work at the store). They assured me that my TE stick should have been in yesterday's shipment, but it wasn't. So, I'm hoping it pops in today. If not, a bunch of unhappy calls shall be made.

Mention the people on gaf are pissed too. that'll teach them to not deliver or send the wrong ones to people :lol

SapientWolf said:
The word on the street (aka Shoryuken) seems to be that the 360 version has better netplay. Which is disappointing because I just ordered a Saturn pad for the PS3 version. Choices...

That sucks. The 360 version's online is ace.....wtf is wrong with PSN man?

Etelmik said:

for the CE, it was preferable to pre-order.
for the standard, it doesn't matter because finding standard in stores should be easy

ShinAmano

Etelmik said:

The CE is actually limited.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I dont know if Ive mentioned it, BUT I REALLY WANT THIS FUCKING GAME.

Lots of people at the studio are lining up for SF parties as soon as the game hits :D

y2dvd

Teknoman said:
Of course. SFIV takes place before III. So technically they already survived.

OMG, how can you spoil the story for me?! JK, detecting e-sarcasim is hard. ;)

Yesterday, I get an automated message saying my stick arrived. I get to GS, and it's not in yet. Gamestop is playing with my emotions. :'( At least I finally found a Wii Fit for the family outta it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SapientWolf said:

Doesnt surprise me really... HD Remix is leagues better on xbox.. :\

Kintaro

DMPrince said:
Mention the people on gaf are pissed too. that'll teach them to not deliver or send the wrong ones to people :lol

Will do.

"My boys and girls on GAF, of which they are LEGION, are also displeased with this turn of events. Be warned, if angered we will crash down upon you like the Sword of Damocles, cleaving you in twane! Then, when the carnage clears and you look upon the flaming, broken wreckage that was once your life and company, you will realize you messed with the wrong forum!"

Garcian

I really wish I had some friends that were gamers too - looking forward to playing this online of course, but would love to have some bouts with other players in the same room (complete with embarassing smack talk).

Kintaro

Garcian said:
I really wish I had some friends that were gamers too - looking forward to playing this online of course, but would love to have some bouts with other players in the same room (complete with embarassing smack talk).

I'll replicate that effect for you. If we play, I'll announce my El Fuerte matches with a mocking CMLL style commentary sinulting your play style, your character and probably your children/unborn children.

Not really, but IRL I would. :lol

Zapages

anyone here doing the Gamestop's SFIV tournament thing... I will be doing it in Florida for a while, before I come back up to NJ...

I usually stick with shotos and how does El Fuerto and Rufus play like???

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Okay, this might be the greatest thing ever.

I was playing BudokaiMR2 in a bunch of matches. I chose Dan, he chose Gouken. I won (but don't poke too much fun at him).

What happened? I unlocked Dan's shirt as a Home reward. I'm uploading the photo of the acquisition notice in SFIV for proof.

Give me a few seconds.

Askia47

SapientWolf said:

lets see what happens

Spy

I don't get it when people mention HDR being laggy on the PS3. I've been playing it constantly and have only had a couple of matches that lagged.

Anyway, has anyone managed to get a US copy of SFIV from a local store yet?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
3274688832_0b472eea97_o.jpg

It basically says "New Home Reward: Dan's (somethingsomething) T shirt unlocked."

I assume you need to win with Dan in an online match. That's what I did. *shrug*

I'll have pics of this t shirt in a second. Gotta get into Home and hope it doesn't kill me.

Stalfos

Spy said:
I don't get it when people mention HDR being laggy on the PS3. I've been playing it constantly and have only had a couple of matches that lagged.

I only recently got HDR and I've had several matches that felt laggy, but a lot of them (most) seemed quite smooth. Then again I kind of suck at the game so I'm not going to notice input lag and such as much as a more skilled players might.

-Mikey- said:
Hmm, to anyone who has an imported version how do you get the menus to be in english?

Thought it would detect the system settings or something.

Any help would be much appreciated : )
So far, I have yet to find an option for this.

Kintaro

thetrin said:
Okay, this might be the greatest thing ever.

I was playing BudokaiMR2 in a bunch of matches. I chose Dan, he chose Gouken. I won (but don't poke too much fun at him).

What happened? I unlocked Dan's shirt as a Home reward. I'm uploading the photo of the acquisition notice in SFIV for proof.

Give me a few seconds.

That's sweet! Looking forward to it.

thetrin said:
It basically says "New Home Reward: Dan's (somethingsomething) T shirt unlocked."

I assume you need to win with Dan in an online match. That's what I did. *shrug*

I'll have pics of this t shirt in a second. Gotta get into Home and hope it doesn't kill me.
Heh, that is pretty cool. Too bad we can't get some SF 4 avatar clothes on the 360 version.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I havent even preordered the game yet.. am I fucked? im hoping I can just walk into best buy or something and pick it up... >_>

Chamber

love on your sleeve
haunts said:
I havent even preordered the game yet.. am I fucked? im hoping I can just walk into best buy or something and pick it up... >_>
I don't recall ever seeing a game sell out.

Nightz

haunts said:
If you're getting the regular edition you should be fine.

thetrin

haunts said:

Hopefully not. I'd love to have more people to play with.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The 360 version takes up 5.7gb of HD space for anyone wondering about doing a full install. Load times are virtually the same.

Spy said:

It's only been a little laggier for me on PSN versus XBL, but more than that, HD Remix on PSN tends to have far more dropped matches and other connection problems/glitches than I get playing it on XBL.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
haunts said:

The Best Buy near me still has plenty of pre-order boxes up for the CE version, and even more for the regular.

Are you actually gonna be playing this online?! :lol

thetrin

Home is taking forever to load up. I just want to see this Dan shirt. T_T

-Mikey-

marvelharvey said:
So far, I have yet to find an option for this.

Some of the menus are in English when I'm actually in the game. But then when I go into the command list everything is in Japanese : /

Even the main menu is in Japanese. No complaints really but it would be nice if I could easily manage the menu system instead of guessing.

thetrin

-Mikey- said:
Some of the menus are in English when I'm actually in the game. But then when I go into the command list everything is in Japanese : /

Even the main menu is in Japanese. No complaints really but it would be nice if I could easily manage the menu system instead of guessing.

Welcome to the nonsensical world of Japanese gaming. :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
WHEW.

Lyte Edge said:
The Best Buy near me still has plenty of pre-order boxes up for the CE version, and even more for the regular.

Are you actually gonna be playing this online?! :lol

Hah, I will here and there... like with HD remix I was wildin out for like a week then stopped caring (SORRY EGGO) and it will probably be the same with this game. I just have so many people to play with here in the Bay Area I usually just wait till we have a game night.

MoxManiac

Lag really isn't the problem with HD Remix, it's the disconnections and glitches that are the problem. As long as the PS3 version of SF4 doesn't have massive connection issues, i'm sure it'll be fine.

I have a feeling once the servers get populated with thousands of people they are going to explode, though.

Kintaro

haunts said:
WHEW.

Hah, I will here and there... like with HD remix I was wildin out for like a week then stopped caring (SORRY EGGO) and it will probably be the same with this game. I just have so many people to play with here in the Bay Area I usually just wait till we have a game night.

=(

I really should move.

ShinAmano

Chamber said:
I don't recall ever seeing a game sell out.
Shit...must not have been gaming long. The SNES/Genesis version of this game was impossible to find if you did not get it on release...I stood in line with a couple friends about 70 deep waiting for UPS to deliver the games...they only got 60 copies. (we got one)

thetrin

MoxManiac said:
Lag really isn't the problem with HD Remix, it's the disconnections and glitches that are the problem. As long as the PS3 version of SF4 doesn't have massive connection issues, i'm sure it'll be fine.

I have a feeling once the servers get populated with thousands of people they are going to explode, though.

When I was playing random people, I had a little trouble connecting to start up matches, but once they started, they didn't disconnect. Playing with friends, on the other hand, was completely flawless.

Top Bottom