• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts said:
WHEW.

Hah, I will here and there... like with HD remix I was wildin out for like a week then stopped caring (SORRY EGGO) and it will probably be the same with this game. I just have so many people to play with here in the Bay Area I usually just wait till we have a game night.
moar liek you don't wanna get served online

Teknoman

Zapages said:
anyone here doing the Gamestop's SFIV tournament thing... I will be doing it in Florida for a while, before I come back up to NJ...

I usually stick with shotos and how does El Fuerto and Rufus play like???

Wish I could, but I havent seen any sign up sheets or anything yet.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
HERE IT IS!

THE DAN SHIRT! AAAAND....

3273902303_9f6bd411e6.jpg
3273902437_59e15206e2.jpg

...it's a bit disappointing. It's not even pink. :(

Oh well, I'm the only motherfucker on Home with it!

(mostly because anyone who cares about SFIV isn't fucking around on Home)

ukas

thetrin said:
HERE IT IS!

What's the shirt say on the front?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ukas said:
What's the shirt say on the front?

No fucking clue, but I'm going to guess and say it says Hibiki.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ShinAmano said:
Shit...must not have been gaming long. The SNES/Genesis version of this game was impossible to find if you did not get it on release...I stood in line with a couple friends about 70 deep waiting for UPS to deliver the games...they only got 60 copies. (we got one)
True. Back in the SNES/Genesis days, sell outs were a bit more common. I think Mortal Kombat was also pretty hard to get at first.

Nowadays, they have plenty of copies though Gamestop will swear up and down every game worth a damn is going to sell out to try and get you to pre-order. :lol

ShinAmano said:
Shit...must not have been gaming long. The SNES/Genesis version of this game was impossible to find if you did not get it on release...I stood in line with a couple friends about 70 deep waiting for UPS to deliver the games...they only got 60 copies. (we got one)

Ever since games were moved to optical media this hasn't been a problem but yeah back in the cartridge days it was a pain in the ass.

thetrin said:
It basically says "New Home Reward: Dan's (somethingsomething) T shirt unlocked."

I assume you need to win with Dan in an online match. That's what I did. *shrug*

I'll have pics of this t shirt in a second. Gotta get into Home and hope it doesn't kill me.

Are there unlockables like this in the NA version?

thetrin

DoctorWho said:
Are there unlockables like this in the NA version?

I assume so, though I don't know how they manifest themselves in the 360 version. NXE avatar clothing hopefully?

ShinAmano

Chamber said:
True. Back in the SNES/Genesis days, sell outs were a bit more common. I think Mortal Kombat was also pretty hard to get at first.

Nowadays, they have plenty of copies though Gamestop will swear up and down every game worth a damn is going to sell out to try and get you to pre-order. :lol
True...MK was another that was hard to get...I do agree now games usually can be found no matter what.

thetrin said:
HERE IT IS!

I care more about home than I do these Mii knock offs for the XBox 360, and I don't even have a PS3.

That's a pretty cool reward.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thinking about it, the no lobby-thing is seriously disappointing, as ALL of my local friends are getting the game, and not being able to watch even just some of us fighting due to it only being 1v1 suck big time...

Hope they patch this in - HDR pulls this off perfectly with 6 players and no lag, me some friends spent all afternoon doing this yesterday...

And that slipcase is pretty nice for the SFIV 360 version - Asian version I assume...

Man, the wait is really getting unbearable...

Teknoman

Skilotonn said:
Thinking about it, the no lobby-thing is seriously disappointing, as ALL of my local friends are getting the game, and not being able to watch even just some of us fighting due to it only being 1v1 suck big time...

Hope they patch this in - HDR pulls this off perfectly with 6 players and no lag, me some friends spent all afternoon doing this yesterday...

And that slipcase is pretty nice for the SFIV 360 version - Asian version I assume...

Man, the wait is really getting unbearable...

Since when does HDR have a spectate mode? I know SFII Hyper Fighting had something like that (at least I remember it having that).

Or are you talking about something else?

MoxManiac

Teknoman said:
Since when does HDR have a spectate mode? I know SFII Hyper Fighting had something like that (at least I remember it having that).

Spectating in HDR is in player matches.

thetrin said:
HERE IT IS!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3509/3273902303_9f6bd411e6.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/3273902437_59e15206e2.jpg[IMG]

(mostly because anyone who cares about SFIV isn't fucking around on Home)[/QUOTE]

lmao

home is such a fucking joke

Teknoman

MoxManiac said:
Spectating in HDR is in player matches.

Whoa really? I had no idea....guess I spent too much time in ranked or 1 v 1 player matches. Missed out on some of the PSN rooms (couldnt find em when you guys posted them for some reason).

FinKL

Well aren't 50% of PS3 on Wireless? That's why ill be gettin it on 360 forced wired unless u pay the hefty tariff or config an adapter. That would explain why ppl think 360 netcode is better. 360 vers for me, but I thought we went over this with the 360 having AA?

dfyb

Banned
SapientWolf said:
The word on the street (aka Shoryuken) seems to be that the 360 version has better netplay. Which is disappointing because I just ordered a Saturn pad for the PS3 version. Choices...
got a link? i checked out the online test thread and saw no such conclusions. you sure they weren't talking about HDR?

Teknoman

FinKL said:
Well aren't 50% of PS3 on Wireless? That's why ill be gettin it on 360 forced wired unless u pay the hefty tariff or config an adapter. That would explain why ppl think 360 netcode is better. 360 vers for me, but I thought we went over this with the 360 having AA?

I have my PS3 connected via ethernet...and really thats still the most conventional/reliable connection for consoles (unless they dont have a port). Is it really estimated that half of PSN users connect via wi-fi?

Oh and youtube is mean :lol 2.5 stars for my standard unboxing + some guy who thinks they've faught me before and im a loser.

Anyone who ordered from Play-Asia have funky tracking?

My tracking has been going to this one Island in HK for like ever.

Somehow I have a feeling it will just randomly appear on my door step tomorrow.

FedEx says it is estimated to arrive tomorrow morning at 10:30am.

Echoes

sf4.jpg

I haven't stopped playing since I got it. Everything screams epic. New characters are fucking awesome, I'm mostly impressed with El Fuerte, I didn't like him until I got around toying with him. What an incredibly well-designed new pal, and Abel is fantastic too. Haven't played much with Viper and Rufus, but they're both extremely fun to play with. Visuals are eye-candy indeed, no matter how much you may hate the art direction )or whatever) but the visuals themselves are absofruitely delicious. Really, I can't stretch this enough, you'd be a moron to not get this on day one.

One thing that bugs me is that throws are executed with LP+LK. I liked it the old way, where (for Ryu) F+P executes a forward jab\punch, and the same combination of buttons will net you a throw when in the right position. Now it's not the same. I mean, I've been playing with Ryu for god knows how many years, so that really let me down. Not sure what's everybody thinking about this? Anyway, except for this little thingy, it's all gold.

Capcom fucking nailed it. I already have the 360 CE pre-ordered and it's gonna stay the same. Capcom deserves my hard-earned bucks again.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Teknoman said:

Beaten, but you can spectate in an up-to-6-player lobby in Player Match...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Echoes said:
sf4.jpg

I haven't stopped playing since I got it. Everything screams epic. New characters are fucking awesome, I'm mostly impressed with El Fuerte, I didn't like him until I got around toying with him. What an incredibly well-designed new pal, and Abel is fantastic too. Haven't played much with Viper and Rufus, but they're both extremely fun to play with. Visuals are eye-candy indeed, no matter how much you may hate the art direction )or whatever) but the visuals themselves are absofruitely delicious. Really, I can't stretch this enough, you'd be a moron to not get this on day one.

One thing that bugs me is that throws are executed with LP+LK. I liked it the old way, where (for Ryu) F+P executes a forward jab\punch, and the same combination of buttons will net you a throw when in the right position. Now it's not the same. I mean, I've been playing with Ryu for god knows how many years, so that really let me down. Not sure what's everybody thinking about this? Anyway, except for this little thingy, it's all gold.

Capcom fucking nailed it. I already have the 360 CE pre-ordered and it's gonna stay the same. Capcom deserves my hard-earned bucks again.

Which version is that? Doesnt look American but the text is in English, PAL? Australia?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Echoes said:

My thinking is that changing throws to LK+LP was awesome in SF3 and awesome here.

Chorazin

Raging Spaniard said:
Which version is that? Doesnt look American but the text is in English, PAL? Australia?

Asian edition, region 3 designation gives it away. English is one of many official languages Asian games (and movies, for that matter) normally have and support.

Pre-ordered SF4 @ Gamestop yesterday.

Asked about the TE sticks and they are expecting to get some in with their shipment of SF4 that have not been spoken for yet so 17th/18th, there still is a chance to pick them up. :D

Spy

I know this is a long shot but if any of you who run a game store have the game or will be getting the game hit me up with a PM so I can buy an early copy from you.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Chorazin said:
Asian edition, region 3 designation gives it away. English is one of many official languages Asian games (and movies, for that matter) normally have and support.

Cool thanks, that puts me at ease ... sorta ;)

ShinAmano said:
Lol...just called Walmart...
Me: Do you have SF4 for 360?
WalMart Employee: No, we have Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

:lol

Sounds like a typical Virginia Wal-Mart employee. I once asked if they had Forza 2 in stock and they came back with Cruisin for wii.

entraik

Banned
WTF.. I'm so pissed.... I ordered a Ken FightPad and SF IV (normal standard edition) weeks ago from the CAPCOM STORE when they had them both available for pre-order. I got an email today stating that they are both backordered. Hopefully I can get my money back via paypal because this is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Anyone else have similar issues?

Snaku

Banned
entraik said:
WTF.. I'm so pissed.... I ordered a Ken FightPad and SF IV (normal standard edition) weeks ago from the CAPCOM STORE when they had them both available for pre-order. I got an email today stating that they are both backordered. Hopefully I can get my money back via paypal because this is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Anyone else have similar issues?

Yep, Capcom Store isn't getting shit.

Going to check after work. I know i preordered and paid in full the Regular stick for ps3. If none today I'll just get my money back. Not really bothered with the sticks anyways. Hopefully they get the game on time. ;D

Volcynika

Man, I'm so amped for the game. Brother reserved it for me as a bday gift, now all I gotta do is play the waiting game...which is very much not fun compared to this one.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
VictimOfGrief said:
Pre-ordered SF4 @ Gamestop yesterday.

Asked about the TE sticks and they are expecting to get some in with their shipment of SF4 that have not been spoken for yet so 17th/18th, there still is a chance to pick them up. :D
Yes!

YES!

YES!

Top Bottom