• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-PXG- said:
Damn scrub. meaning to tell me you don't know Akuma's bnb Kara Plink FADC to Ultra combo? Pfffft.

You can't combo into Demon (except Fa crumple if you count that as a combo). Did you get your date changed or something? Only an 09er could be that dumb:D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The reason why boxer is so hard is cause the blockstun he leaves you in makes no sense with how the rest of the characters in the game work. You're constantly going "why am I not able to attack yet". And he has moves with majorly deceptive hitboxes. Deceptive hitboxes are retarded and just bad game design. The huge increase in resolution from older games makes it much more difficult to have an intuitive understanding of the ranges of invisible hitboxes and having it accurate to the animation helps tremendously.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
finally bothered to get the achievement for beating the shit out of that bitch seth in hardest mode yesterday.

balrog beat me down everytime I scissor kicked him using TAP. scissor kick just straight up misses. I don't know WHERE he's turning around TO ON A 2D PLANE.

fuck balrog (wanna learn him)

anybody want to play a crappy blanka/honda/bison/abel? :(

not sure if you added me before, but GT armedcatfish on live.

I'm not home for a couple hours, but euro based.

I almost play the same characters save abel though :lol but I can always pick balrog to get my ass whopped while I try learn him.

Leunam

Acid08 said:
I once asked if anyone had a good Ken guide on here and everyone was just like "LOLZ HE'S SO LOW TIER, YOU'RE FUCKIN DUMB." Sorry guys, I do fucking love fighting games and I love playing them with my friends but I don't care about the tournament tiers.

Everyones sarcasm flew right over your head.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
catfish said:
not sure if you added me before, but GT armedcatfish on live.

I'm not home for a couple hours, but euro based.

I almost play the same characters save abel though :lol but I can always pick balrog to get my ass whopped while I try learn him.
awesome man , ill add you when im done studying which should be in a couple of hours aswell. i have a lot of troubles against ""our" charactersso it should be fun

-PXG-

Timedog said:
The reason why boxer is so hard is cause the blockstun he leaves you in makes no sense with how the rest of the characters in the game work. You're constantly going "why am I not able to attack yet". And he has moves with majorly deceptive hitboxes. Deceptive hitboxes are retarded and just bad game design. The huge increase in resolution from older games makes it much more difficult to have an intuitive understanding of the ranges of invisible hitboxes and having it accurate to the animation helps tremendously.

THIS

Rufus too. I hit that fat motherfucker with Bison's Skull Dive and it didn't do shit.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Timedog said:
Loved the last podcast. That guy had a weird voice that sounded like mine. I was listening to it on earbuds and I thought it was the voice in my head. I liked his stories about kuroda.

haha, thanks. we should have another one soon.. hopefully. :p

Blizzard

Banned
After further research, I can do most of the level 1-3 moves or combos with Guile fairly easily. The double flash kicks seem a little easier on the 360 pad, but I still can't do them reliably...it seems like if you do the direction motions on the keyboard or pad TOO fast, they won't register. And also, the challenge mode training Dan keeps blocking the double flash kick, even when it's after a c-mp hit. Is there a timing component there too?

It feels like the double flash kick needs to start a little later after the punch is released than some other moves...there's at least one other move to combo from mp (or c-mp) that has to be pressed super fast. Do some moves even on the ground need to be done slower or later to fit in with the timing?

vertopci

Gonna have to agree with hitboxes being fucking shit in this game. Such bullshit when moves that don't touch your character actually somehow hit you and vice versa.

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Gonna have to agree with hitboxes being fucking shit in this game. Such bullshit when moves that don't touch your character actually somehow hit you and vice versa.
Sounds like someone has a case of the nubs. <3

So is this a bad fighting game to learn? Will horrible hitboxes, and horrible everything else (like every other fighting game according to GAF?) ruin me for life at being able to play well? WHAT SHOULD I DO D:

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Timedog said:
The reason why boxer is so hard is cause the blockstun he leaves you in makes no sense with how the rest of the characters in the game work. You're constantly going "why am I not able to attack yet".

Oh, no question. My variation is "Do I have to sit through this shit again??".

vertopci

Blizzard said:
Sounds like someone has a case of the nubs. <3

So is this a bad fighting game to learn? Will horrible hitboxes, and horrible everything else (like every other fighting game according to GAF?) ruin me for life at being able to play well? WHAT SHOULD I DO D:

Probably the easiest fighting game to learn that is still popular. You still learn the mindgames and shit which can carry over to other games.

You're the nub, you nub

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wish I could read spoiler on my iPhone.

I still think the worst animation discrepancy is gief being able to SPF before he lands from a fwd jump. If there's any move in the game that they shouldn't have fucked up it's that one.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Timedog said:

I still think the worst animation discrepancy is gief being able to SPF before he lands from a fwd jump. If there's any move in the game that they shouldn't have fucked up it's that one.

giefs animations in general gives me an ulsur :(, I mean if he is able to grab from 10 feet away the ffs give him dhalsims arms so I know that he is indeed capable of such

LakeEarth said:
I really want to see a mirror match between him and Max for the GAF Ken championship. I played a 10 match set with eva01 and I won one of them. Only Saqs could take him down in the GAF tourney.
Ive played eva01 as well. Like 8-10 games and only won once. It went 3 games him 2 games me many times though.

He has an amazing Ken.

black_vegeta said:
Off topic: What is this ckohler webapp you speak of and what does it do?

secondapps.com/neogaf

Its the best damn thing on the internet. Makes iPhone viewing of NeoGAF awesome. You can also view spoiler tags just by touching the screen on the black highlight.

vertopci

Timedog said:

Yea. Hopefully with pretty much everyone agreeing on a shitload of issues, the next iteration of SF4 will probably be extremely awesome and have everything fixed up. Assuming they listen to the players.

As much as I like SF4 (hell, it't the only game I've ever double dipped for), I just can't call it a good game with the shitty ass search system for games and messed up stuff like hitboxes

TurtleSnatcher said:
secondapps.com/neogaf

Its the best damn thing on the internet. Makes iPhone viewing of NeoGAF awesome. You can also view spoiler tags just by touching the screen on the black highlight.

Nice, thank you sir!

Edit: Hell yeah, this is definitely better to use.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Quick question- how busy is SF4 PC, and how is the netcode compared to 360? Considering getting this down the road when Impulse puts it on sale.

Timedog said:

Secondapps.com/neogaf

neogaf mobile. Tap spoilers to highlight them!

vertopci said:

Sagat's crouching forward annoys me the most when it is clearly touching the opponent and it doesn't connect. Then Abel's crouching medium kick will hit Sagat's back roundhouse from 50 million miles away. And then we have Boxer who can land on top of projectiles with jumping fierce and not get touched.

When it comes to hitboxes, nothing is worse then being hit by Gouken or Ken's Ultra when you're like a mile away. It goes something like this. I'll score a knockdown, back away, throw a fireball, opponent does wake up Ultra, and it shows me getting hit with enough room to fit like 2 more people.

I feel so stupid for falling for this as often as I have, it's just as stupid as throwing a fireball at Chun or Abel with Ultra. The thing is that I was often winning many of these matches before I got hit so it cost me a lot of wins.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marn looks so...........pixelated. Looks like a karaoke bar.

Looooooovinn you! Is so easy cuz you bootyful.

wsmoec.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
After a month of inactivity I came back today and played some SF4...

I beat some dude with 65K GP :lol Felt glorious. Took some rust off, rather quickly I must say. I hate how my mindset changes though. Lower ranked guys beat me because I just don't take it seriously, but pair me against that 65K dude and my mindset totally changes. I use footsies regularly, I am on my guard, execution is nearly flawless, I change tactics, keep my cool, etc, etc, etc. I am sure if I played every match like this I would barely lose... but alas I just don't get that "inspired" with other people. Anyone else has this problem?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Relix said:
After a month of inactivity I came back today and played some SF4...

I beat some dude with 65K GP :lol Felt glorious. Took some rust off, rather quickly I must say. I hate how my mindset changes though. Lower ranked guys beat me because I just don't take it seriously, but pair me against that 65K dude and my mindset totally changes. I use footsies regularly, I am on my guard, execution is nearly flawless, I change tactics, keep my cool, etc, etc, etc. I am sure if I played every match like this I would barely lose... but alas I just don't get that "inspired" with other people. Anyone else has this problem?

Don't know if I'd barely ever lose (doubtful as hell!) but yeah, playing online in general makes me this way. Slog after slog of Ryu, rarely a really good one, super turtles abound, etc. Ive spotted people a round out of sheer disgust/boredom. And I'm not even good in the way someone like Grifter is for example. But sometimes you just wanna opt out but cant because of disconnect percentage. The happiest I get is when I run into a Gen because you know they should know their shit. Or when I get destroyed by someone dope--cuz at least people like that just go for theirs. Vlad's Dhalsim is a good example. He doesn't fuck around.

decon

Coming back to this game after a few months of playing other games. How do you guys start when you want to learn a new character? I've tried to learn Abel but it takes forever to learn his combos, good moves and actually get some wins online.

I just can't seem to get further than Sagat. I played a bit of Ken once but there's just too many Kens already. Any tips on how to start? Who should I pick up that is not Abel and pretty easy to learn.

Top Bottom