• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Cowie

arstal said:
I tell them to go play a game like Blazblue or Smash.

>:|

I used to get pissed at ragequitters.. but then i stopped really giving a shit about win/loss and penis points, so now it's just a sign of a solid victory.

jabipun

Arpharmd B said:
Some days are like that.

Some days, great connections. Other days, I'm forced to settle for 3 bar laggy connections. I think it's an East coast/West coast thing and depending on what time you play it's more popular on one of the two coasts.

I actually called my ISP and they said that my signal stream is inconsistent. I ran a test on a website and got the following results:

Download: 11.1 Mbps
Upload: 5.3 Mbps
Quality of Service: 45% Your quality of service is at 45% - which shows your connection is unable to produce a constant stream of data. This is key for providing a high quality IP connection.

So I guess this is the reason for the insane amount of lag I've been experiencing recently. It seems that every time I input a command - the game stutters, not just lags, but literally stutters.

Hopefully the tech coming in can fix it - don't know how, but said they could.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jabipun said:
I actually called my ISP and they said that my signal stream is inconsistent. I ran a test on a website and got the following results:

Download: 11.1 Mbps
Upload: 5.3 Mbps
Quality of Service: 45% Your quality of service is at 45% - which shows your connection is unable to produce a constant stream of data. This is key for providing a high quality IP connection.

So I guess this is the reason for the insane amount of lag I've been experiencing recently. It seems that every time I input a command - the game stutters, not just lags, but literally stutters.

Hopefully the tech coming in can fix it - don't know how, but said they could.
mind linking me that site?

MoxManiac

I haven't gotten any ragequits ever since I started playing CP mode. I think i usually win 80 or so percent of my matches on average. I did get one hate mail telling me to go fuck Rufus in the ass though.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jabipun said:
You can run multiple tests, just refresh the page and click "start test"

http://test.lvcm.com/

PS: Post your results when you get em' - just want to compare. K thx.

PPS: You need java/adobe. But, like 99.99999% of the world you probably already have it.
http://i29.tinypic.com/21myelg.jpg

I('m supposed to) have 1mb up/down. If this is specifically for a certain region in USA my being in Norway might upset the system they're using, but my connection was better before. :\

V_Arnold

Rokitty, awesome, awesome games.

I had to change characters inbetween because i was afraid the steam I gathered inside will blow me away :D

Intense matches, and while I got totally dominated, I have felt that a little more precisity, a little more trick , and I'll be there.

But honestly, I hate Balrog now. I hate the fact that he is SO safe. I hate the fact that he stuns easily, and is hard to stun. I hate the fact that he has more HP than me, does more dmg, and... well, that is all.

I try. :)

MysticX

Ok, I came here to make a statement regarding this game, hopefully I won´t be banned, but it´s my opinion.

Back in the day when the NES was king and Sega trying to make a point, I spent hours upon hours on the SFII Arcade. So, when my friend got a SNES, I bought the freaking game. And one of the best games of ALL TIME! Since, I got the SF games for the DC and I even played the Arcade ones using Nebula. So, I love my Street Fighter...except that X crap.

But, to me...an avid Street Fighters who loves his game....

I HATE THIS GAME!

To me it looks ugly as hell and I shame them for even releasing it! I mean common! The characters are so flat and ugly! How the hell could they mess that up with this HD stuff? I prefer the SF on XBLA! I got so frustrated that I returned that game to the library the same day and I am never gonna rent/buy it again. EVAH!

BTW..I played the game on 360 on a Samsung 46" LED LCD (UE46B7070) with component cables, so I doubt it scewed up the image.

V_Arnold said:
Rokitty, awesome, awesome games.
Yeah good games. Some of them were pretty brutal, I have to admit. I think that one might have had a dizzy in every round. ;)

Balrog is quite good at stunning, that is true. Some basic combos can do a lot of stun. Especially the EX/HP overhead smash.

Right after the matches I played a few G1 matches and there was a 28k Viper. I noticed that he used more combos and FAttacks. He easily stunned me in one round with two combos.

Jumping Hard Kick, Hard Punch, cancel into EX-Seismic Hammer, cancel into the Super Jump, Aerial Burning Kick

I think that was one of the combos. Maybe he even put the anti-air electro-fist thingie in there. Anyways he punished me for my mistakes with high damage combos.

V_Arnold

MysticX said:
Ok, I came here to make a statement regarding this game, hopefully I won´t be banned, but it´s my opinion.

Back in the day when the NES was king and Sega trying to make a point, I spent hours upon hours on the SFII Arcade. So, when my friend got a SNES, I bought the freaking game. And one of the best games of ALL TIME! Since, I got the SF games for the DC and I even played the Arcade ones using Nebula. So, I love my Street Fighter...except that X crap.

I HATE THIS GAME!

To me it looks ugly as hell and I shame them for even releasing it! I mean common! The characters are so flat and ugly! How the hell could they mess that up with this HD stuff? I prefer the SF on XBLA! I got so frustrated that I returned that game to the library the same day and I am never gonna rent/buy it again. EVAH!

BTW..I played the game on 360 on a Samsung 46" LED LCD (UE46B7070) with component cables, so I doubt it scewed up the image.

Blind nostalgia as its best. When I was young, I have put several summer's time into a nearby SF arcade without even knowing how big name this game has "in the world". We loved it.

Recently, we had a Street Fighter IV little tourney ( I won ^^ ), where a lot of people showed up, and someone started playing SFIIHD for a minute. A very big and loud laughter was all what came, followed by a moment of silence and awe about how far Capcom has taken STREET FIGHTER, and how stupidly awesome SFIV became.

Ugly? You want to see it as ugly.

V_Arnold

Rocky_Balboa said:
Anyways he punished me for my mistakes with high damage combos.

This is the part what I have to master.
I do not see your mistakes clearly. I can fake a TK for a whiffed headbutt now and then, but that is as far as it goes - and of course there is the ususal lk->tk->super when you just blindly rush in with a damage-absorbing charge.

I have yet to figure out from that huge blockstrings of yours. Even started playing with Balrog! :)

Decado

OK, I'm just getting back into this game. I was never particularly good and I could use a little help with a few tricks better players seem to use on me fairly successfully:

a) The "jab jab throw". Don't know how to avoid it or block it. Works against me 100% when they get the opporunity. I played a guy who was able to use this with several characters, so I'm guessing more than a few characters can use this technique. Ways to block it or counter it?

b) After you've been knocked down, jumping slightly over you so that if you try to "block" it still hits or if you try doing an anti-airial move it, at best, hurts you both. Anything I can do?

Jenga

Banned
Decado said:
a) The "jab jab throw". Don't know how to avoid it or block it. Works against me 100% when they get the opporunity. I played a guy who was able to use this with several characters, so I'm guessing more than a few characters can use this technique. Ways to block it or counter it?
Throw the same time he's gonna throw you. It'll cancel it out.

V_Arnold said:
This is the part what I have to master.
I do not see your mistakes clearly. I can fake a TK for a whiffed headbutt now and then, but that is as far as it goes - and of course there is the ususal lk->tk->super when you just blindly rush in with a damage-absorbing charge.

I have yet to figure out from that huge blockstrings of yours. Even started playing with Balrog! :)

Yeah headbutt is the easiest to punish. The guy on G1 got some jump-in/normal cross up hits on me so I think he did the combos then.

I know Viper's FA is pretty bad, but it is still good against Rog. Rog's c.hk and some dash punches can be easily FA'd. Of course I'll start doing more armor breaking moves then, but still they work sometimes ;).

MysticX said:

I HATE THIS GAME!

The image probably was screwed up. Automatic overscan with component cables that you can't turn off on some sets.

By screwed up, though, I'm saying zoomed in an inch too much, makes the characters look to big/feels like you are playing Tekken.

But, you are entitled to your own opinion. I personally love the artstyle, it nails a 3rd Strike look in 3d, and think the animation is brilliant, but the background stages are ultimately lame and boring.

I'm catching up on school work today, so no SF. I watched some Phat Saqs matches (where he went against the Bison and the army of Ryus). He's pretty good with Rose. Very aggressive, has block strings and good pokes. I can only imagine how'd he be doing with one of the usual suspects.

And I must say on the SFIV gripes. I do think the backgrounds are yucky (mostly the textures) and design. I hope in the upgrade its sort of like TS where maybe a pair of characters share a background but they're cool. Like Rufus and Boxer can share a background. Ryu/Ken can share a background. Well, to the best of their abilities. To go along with that character specific music.

And my online report was not even a Meg upload and 63% QOS. I already know I don't have the greatest internet connection living in the desert.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I don't understand why Cammy's ultra should trip opponents backdashing out of a focus attack rather than catching them. It's really annoying to see what should be a perfect opening but have it do barely any damage :(

DRE Fei

I faced a few Zangiefs the other day and I swear all of them must still have PPP mapped to one button.:lol I guess nothing's changed since I stopped playing a while ago.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DRE Fei said:
I faced a few Zangiefs the other day and I swear all of them must still have PPP mapped to one button.:lol I guess nothing's changed since I stopped playing a while ago.

yea, most people have PPP and KKK to one button for Ultras

Ysiadmihi said:
I don't understand why Cammy's ultra should trip opponents backdashing out of a focus attack rather than catching them. It's really annoying to see what should be a perfect opening but have it do barely any damage :(
They're in the air when backdashing and not grounded, which is why the cutscene doesn't come out.

weepy

First time posting here. Is this game worth it for the online play? I'm seriously thinking about getting this game and it would be my first SF purchase (not too good at 2D fighters).

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I've never had anyone ragequit on me... and all i play is ranked and championship mode. :/

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Oichi said:
I've never had anyone ragequit on me... and all i play is ranked and championship mode. :/
I've had, but because I sucked too much I think. Dude did it during Player matches lol.

Agent X

weepy said:
First time posting here. Is this game worth it for the online play? I'm seriously thinking about getting this game and it would be my first SF purchase (not too good at 2D fighters).

It's a great game to play online. If you're just starting off, see if you can get a friend (who has the same system) to get the game along with you, and play together with him. That way, you can learn the game together, and have a lot of fun experimenting with different characters and techniques.

Of course, you'll want to play against other random people as well. You might lose a good amount of the early matches, but you can see how other people use the characters, and maybe pick up on their techniques.

f0nz0

ugh the jump to g1 has my sakura seeing stars! definitely gotta think of of a new approach with her, any g1 sakuras out therewith some tips????????????

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Decado said:
OK, I'm just getting back into this game. I was never particularly good and I could use a little help with a few tricks better players seem to use on me fairly successfully:

b) After you've been knocked down, jumping slightly over you so that if you try to "block" it still hits or if you try doing an anti-airial move it, at best, hurts you both. Anything I can do?

1) Try to throw back after you see the two jabs. It''ll cancel.

2) This is called a cross-up. It's easy, with time you will notice where the attacks of different characters hit, but for these attacks (which can be easily identified by the animation) you block to to the otherside you are standing. If you are on the left side, and a crossup attempt happens, put the stick or dpad to the right. When a crossup happens the game interprets as if you were on the otherside of the screen since a character jumped, so if you are pressing left (in this example), and the crossup happens, you would be on the right side and the attack would hit you because you are walking, not blocking. I am sure I made this overly complicated but its easy :lol

Quick update on Absolute Battle (dallas tourney in Dec.) Just got best buy and red bull as sponsors, with more to come. Guaranteed prize is currently at $1000. Anyone near Tx needs to make it out to this! (esp you tekno!)

I've been playing nothing but Marvel lately. I never really played the game as much as I am right now despite being around Marvel heads all the time. It'll be good to come back to SF4 fresh and hopefully get rid of my old patterns.

Also, will I get the cash up front when I win or will I receive a check in the mail? Who do I talk to about direct deposit?

I just bought the PC version today. For anybody who is halfway decent with the game and wants a ego boost, buy the PC version. Trust me, it'll make you feel good about yourself LOL. I'm 34-8 right now and 31-6 overall with my main, Ryu. Of course I haven't faced the better PC players yet, but I'll get there eventually.

I haven't played Championship mode yet, only ranked so far. I climbed to 1645 BP in like a hour and a half. Yes I do want to play better people, it just feels good to have such a nice record though since I had a 53% win rate on PSN.

For anyone who has the PC version, add me, I'm RiceEater483.

ArjanN

Rice-Eater said:
I just bought the PC version today. For anybody who is halfway decent with the game and wants a ego boost, buy the PC version. Trust me, it'll make you feel good about yourself LOL. I'm 34-8 right now and 31-6 overall with my main, Ryu. Of course I haven't faced the better PC players yet, but I'll get there eventually.

I haven't played Championship mode yet, only ranked so far. I climbed to 1645 BP in like a hour and a half. Yes I do want to play better people, it just feels good to have such a nice record though since I had a 53% win rate on PSN.

For anyone who has the PC version, add me, I'm RiceEater483.

Well, there are almost no good players playing ranked matches. I just feel bad playing ranked now, feels like I'm picking on people. It's still a nice place to practice a bit if you're using a character you're not familiar with though.

Anyone got any tips for handling Rufus with Bison? I played someone for about 12 matches the other day and he just kept dive kicking me to death. Only answer I had was jump back RH but there has to be more options than that.

thanks

MoxManiac

bdizzle said:
Anyone got any tips for handling Rufus with Bison? I played someone for about 12 matches the other day and he just kept dive kicking me to death. Only answer I had was jump back RH but there has to be more options than that.

thanks

Bison's standing roundhouse

F U and your bison standing roundhouse galactic! :mad:

LakeEarth

ArjanN said:
Well, there are almost no good players playing ranked matches. I just feel bad playing ranked now, feels like I'm picking on people. It's still a nice place to practice a bit if you're using a character you're not familiar with though.
Yeah but it is TOO easy and you don't get better with your character as fast. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 0 GP so I can learn some new characters without being murdered in G1.

LakeEarth said:
Yeah but it is TOO easy and you don't get better with your character as fast. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 0 GP so I can learn some new characters without being murdered in G1.
Why not create a new account and start over then?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:

I'm thinking of getting the PC one just to start again at 0, I'm at ~12k now in G2 and don't feel like going cold again at that level. I want to learn rog but don't really want the horrid beatdowns that nearly demorilised me away from bison when I switched from blanka.

ArjanN said:

yeah, on xbox...I managed to get 100+ win streak in ranked using Rose and Blanka...there is absolutely no competition in there. After all those wins I managed to only net like 200+ BPs since everyone had next to nothing

bdizzle said:

thanks

After a messiah kick on block remember that you can ultra punish no matter what they do.

Top Bottom