• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

FindMyFarms said:
After a messiah kick on block remember that you can ultra punish no matter what they do.

anything to handle spamming dive kicks? I need to practice ultra after the messiah kick. think my timings off.

_dementia said:
Maximilian, you're great. I want to learn Ken.

He's not that great I played him
and lost

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Rice-Eater said:
Too bad Max is on XBL and I'm currently on PC. Sleep safely at night Max knowing that you're safe from me and my curly Metsu.

Actually, I bought the PC version when it went on sale for $20 on Steam... >.>

Yes, Max your vids are great. So how did you do overall with the great and all powerful Alex Valle? His Gouken was pretty sick. It's crazy. His play with Gouken is better than my play with Roo.

bdizzle said:
anything to handle spamming dive kicks? I need to practice ultra after the messiah kick. think my timings off.

If he's all up in your grill, either st. jab or st. short. If you have him at footsie distance, use st. rh to keep him grounded or st. mk, but mainly st. rh

Darkman M

Cromulent_Word said:
hmmm... valle playing gouken, sanford playing gouken, couple other quality players playing gouken.... seems like something is going on.

Gouken's true power Broken has finally be unlocked!

Jk it's always great to see some good goukens, makes me want to try him again also Max has an very sick ken great videos!

Cromulent_Word said:
hmmm... valle playing gouken, sanford playing gouken, couple other quality players playing gouken.... seems like something is going on.

Neither of those players have ever used Gouken outside of casuals. I can't think of any top player that's used Gouken in a tourney. There was some guy that used Gouken in West Coast WarZone though.

hitsugi

Cromulent_Word said:

people learned throw -> ultra is fucking stupid. I like valle's use of counters in between block strings as he would a DP to break things up. one bait will really mess things up, though

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
LeMaximilian said:
Went about 50 games with Alex Valle/CaliPower last week. Here's the first few of many more to come later...

Gouken vs Ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LVPYWZQnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMRJKu0Rak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DVM0bGHwuo
Great matches! I'd love to see more. I'd also love to play both o' yas, but alas I don't have it on 360 =/

Ah well, while we're at it, and EU players (lucky if there's no lag with US) who fancy some friendlies, hit me up on PSN at the same name as here. Cheers!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
FindMyFarms said:
Neither of those players have ever used Gouken outside of casuals. I can't think of any top player that's used Gouken in a tourney. There was some guy that used Gouken in West Coast WarZone though.

Valle used Gouken once or twice at WCWZ. :lol

FindMyFarms said:

Sanford used Gouken during Battlefield Arcadia #3. He had a pretty good match against Yipes. The the final round of there final match had a epic conclusion as well, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X5-eXBbRG4

LakeEarth said:
Yeah but it is TOO easy and you don't get better with your character as fast. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 0 GP so I can learn some new characters without being murdered in G1.
Are there any players in the Free championships?

TimeKillr

MicVlaD said:
Except against Zangiefs, which results into:

qnlfeg.png

2wc163s.png

Nobody wants to chill with yoga. :[

Mostly older video's from months ago; one vs Saqs where I blew it in the third round and several others where I was still learning. Also messed around a bit with an El Fuerte player some time back.

Dude, if you want more vids of you playing, I could record matches with you (when I'm feeling better anyway - right now I'm pretty sick).

It'd help me with the matchup too! :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn Maximillian, incredible Ken. Wouldn't mind facing you someday over XBL to see how up enough my skill level is =P. Would be kinda laggy though, 2 bars probably, so maybe just no worth it. Or who knows... :lol

After 100 matches, this is where I stand on the PC version. According to my record usage list that I've played with 104 characters, with 99 of them being Ryu :p

SF4recordSept14.jpg

Some impressions

-not all that laggy really compared to what I've been hearing. Although I did play this one guy who I think purposely set the settings high to slow the game down on purpose. He played Sagat and just turtled. When I jumped at him, he had like 5 seconds to react LOL

-plenty of people to play in ranked. I think even more then the PS3 version. WTF man, where did all the PS3 people go?

-G3 is very empty, it's very difficult to get to G2 without anybody to play :/

-comp is noticeably weaker, but not as bad as I thought.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. It'll keep me busy until I get another console sometime near the end of the year. Hopefully there will be more people at night in G3 or I'll just have to slowly grind my way there.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
-not all that laggy really compared to what I've been hearing.

Honestly I think a lot of the complaints about lag and slowdown come from people who have shitty connections or don't realize their PC isn't good enough to be running the game.

Halvie

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
-plenty of people to play in ranked. I think even more then the PS3 version. WTF man, where did all the PS3 people go?

No kidding. PS3 has been pretty dead lately. Not sure if there aren't a lot of people playing, or it just isn't showing you all the matches you can join.

daegan

Ugh, I need to get back online in this, but my where I'm staying for now has terrible internet. Hopefully soon I can get some in-person matches.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn just had this incredible G1 Final against a Bison. I had nearly flawless execution there. Felt really great :lol It was a very good Bison too, from the GT I knew he had beaten me a few times in the past. Guess I am slowly leveling up :lol

Right now waiting for the opponent on my second G1 Final in a row =P

EDIT: Whatcha know! My second final in a row where I had near flawless execution and beat a guy who had previously beaten me hours prior :lol Enough CP to even warrant a new Replay so if you guys wanna see it it's there =P

Somebody with the PC version help me out please. I just turned it on to unlock characters but for some reason the D-pad doesn't work anymore. I checked game controllers and did a test, apparently it's fine. Then I discovered that movement has been defaulted to the keyboard while pressing buttons still work on the pad. Any idea how to fix this?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Somebody with the PC version help me out please. I just turned it on to unlock characters but for some reason the D-pad doesn't work anymore. I checked game controllers and did a test, apparently it's fine. Then I discovered that movement has been defaulted to the keyboard while pressing buttons still work on the pad. Any idea how to fix this?

Try setting your controls in the launcher (there's an option below the launch button) or reassigning the 1P device.

Rice-Eater said:

when you go to launch SFIV, is it finding the gamepad under the "controller settings" menu specifically in SFIV? You could try unplugging the controller back out and in, or another USB port as well.

I've tried everything mentioned so far. Unplugging the controller, restarting my PC, reassigning 1P, but nothing works. The keyboard is still the default controller for movement while only the buttons on the pad will work. I'm starting to panic now.

Relix said:
Damn just had this incredible G1 Final against a Bison. I had nearly flawless execution there. Felt really great :lol It was a very good Bison too, from the GT I knew he had beaten me a few times in the past. Guess I am slowly leveling up :lol

Right now waiting for the opponent on my second G1 Final in a row =P

EDIT: Whatcha know! My second final in a row where I had near flawless execution and beat a guy who had previously beaten me hours prior :lol Enough CP to even warrant a new Replay so if you guys wanna see it it's there =P
damn, I would watch it if my XBL sub hadn't expired 2 days ago :(

Rice-Eater said:
I've tried everything mentioned so far. Unplugging the controller, restarting my PC, reassigning 1P, but nothing works. The keyboard is still the default controller for movement while only the buttons on the pad will work. I'm starting to panic now.

Is it one of the madcatz fightpads? If so it might be possible the switch on the bottom is set to right analog stick or something weird like that.....

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Is it one of the madcatz fightpads? If so it might be possible the switch on the bottom is set to right analog stick or something weird like that.....

Thanks for mentioning it, that solved it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
damn, I would watch it if my XBL sub hadn't expired 2 days ago :(

BUY A NEW ONE!!! =P.

Really, I was gonna PM you a month card but then I saw the code had been scratched... my sister gave the code to a friend. Sorry, maybe next time =(

LakeEarth

AZ Greg said:
Nobody wants to play? :(
I'll play, I'll just find your tag and add you.

GG, Nice Vega, that cross-up move kept getting me. I was just guessing that Abel's ultra could reversal punish it on block.

When I say use Gouken I mean using him as their main character. I mean Sanford used Cammy in Evo for like 3 matches, but the other 30 or so he used Akuma, which makes him an Akuma user in my eyes. And every important match in WCWZ Valle used Ryu, not Gouken. Top players have always messed around w/ console characters randomly, but I've never seen one actually USE Gouken.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i played a really good gouken the other day...the dude really knew how to zone..but he never hung back and was quite aggressive..it was pretty refreshing..speaking of gouken since i dont know crap about him..is it just me or does his throw have more startup frames or a bigger tech window then everyone elses?

Top Bottom