• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

gutabo

Rice-Eater said:
Don't listen to this man, join the Shoto army. We are looking for a few good men. Just remember, forward down forward high punch. That's all you need to know to own.
The thing that gets me the most is that even tho I could play MvC2 on the DC pad above average(I could ROM!) I'm getting a hard time getting the focus attacks every time I want to. I have done most of the hard trials with most characters but that's completely different from doing them on a real fight via live. Even FCADs are kinda weird for me now because I'm used to play on a joystick...

I might join the shoto army but I've always been a Zangief fan so I might try using him too.

myDingling said:
8217_569745593234_13301206_33930147_7545625_n.jpg

"I'm get let you FINISH HIM..." ?????

gutabo

How's the wake up game here? Are normal throws instant like SF2? Can a normal throw be used as a reversal on wakeup against meaty attacks? Are kara throws worth it? Do normal throws beat invincible attacks?

Thanks in advance!

DarkSloth

_dementia said:
Anyone else pick up SF20: The Art of Street Fighter now that it's out in North America?

So fucking great.
I ordered it on amazon. It shipped, so I might get it this week. I can't freaking wait.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
gutabo said:
How's the wake up game here? Are normal throws instant like SF2? Can a normal throw be used as a reversal on wakeup against meaty attacks? Are kara throws worth it? Do normal throws beat invincible attacks?

Thanks in advance!

No. Throws don't have the god priority and stupidity they had ion SF2. You can tech throws. You can also backdash and avoid those. Kara throws... well... don't use a character who's reliant on that. No throws don't beat invincible attacks, though it's awesome to grab a Dhalsim out of his ultra :lol

blackadde

gutabo said:

Thanks in advance!

throws are 3 frames in sfiv. you will lose to meaties, and many invincible attacks have throw invulnerability tacked on for no good reason.

CPS2

gutabo said:

Thanks in advance!

A couple of extra things, backdash has a bit of invincibility, so people use it on wakeup to avoid meaties, and they use it after knockdown to bait reversals. Meaties on the ground usually don't work, but jumping meaties and crossups are good, unless you're playing against Zangief. Ken has an awesome kara-throw (6MK), the others are kinda meh.

gutabo

Thanks for the answers!

So the best options on wakeup would be(of course, character dependant):
- Good priority move on reversal against meaty attacks
- Tech a throw(if opp tries to throw)
- Backdashing
?

Also, what's the deal with special throws? what do they beat? what's the best special throw in the game? and the special throw with the best range? and what's the deal with EX throws, do they have different properties?

Thanks in advance!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
gutabo said:
Thanks for the answers!

- Backdashing
?
Hold forward!

Won

Srsly, Fei suxxors. Even shoto scrubs like Rice-Eater can beat me, if I play him! :(

Ehh, I mean GGs Rice-Eater! A bit laggy, but good Ryu. *cough* :D

black_vegeta said:
"I'm get let you FINISH HIM..." ?????

Whoopsie! I didn't notice, didn't make it either. Meme's a meme though, yall know how it ends any way.

Got me some cable internets finally, been playing some lately. Add me for casuals versus a cammy. GT: Nintendo Punk Looking for a Balrog/Rufus/Chun player to work on my bad matchups.

Won said:
Srsly, Fei suxxors. Even shoto scrubs like Rice-Eater can beat me, if I play him! :(

Fei ain't bad. He has great normals and the best FA in the game. He does have a pretty hard time getting around fireballs though.

Won said:

I don't remember when or how we played, mind refreshing my memory because your name doesn't ring a bell. Did we play player matches or run into each other randomly?

Won

Rice-Eater said:
I don't remember when or how we played, mind refreshing my memory because your name doesn't ring a bell. Did we play player matches or run into each other randomly?

Are you telling me you played more than one Fei Long today?!

GT: Won Tollo, you joined me twice in Championship mode. First was against my Fuerte, then against my Fei in one of the finals. :lol

Oh I remember now, I didn't know if you were talking about today or sometime this week cause I've run into a number of Fei's. Well I beat your Fei but didn't I lose to your Fuerte? I remember being destroyed by a Fuerte today, why won't that little bastard just stay still :(

Oh and I'll add you later if you don't mind. Maybe we can play some casuals.

CPS2

gutabo said:
Thanks for the answers!

- Backdashing
?

Also blocking, jump straight up to avoid command throws, and teleport if you have one. Some reversals are just good for escaping and are not even meant to hit. Depends on the character.

Also, what's the deal with special throws? what do they beat? what's the best special throw in the game? and the special throw with the best range? and what's the deal with EX throws, do they have different properties?

Thanks in advance!

Best to check the frame data for all this, but Gief has the best throws for sure. EX does all sorts of stuff, it's move dependent.

Hey Dementia, I ordered the art book and should get it today.

2 0 0 9, I don't trust what that person has to say about SFIV Dash.

And I hate the wakeup game in SFIV. The person getting up has the advantage versus the window of opportunity in older SFs.

BitchTits

On the blog last week there was a post about 'sequels', promising more info next week (this week), but not to get any hopes up. Are we still waiting on that?

Going by that post, I expected maybe an arcade update with the console only characters?

MoxManiac

Spiderjericho said:
Hey Dementia, I ordered the art book and should get it today.

2 0 0 9, I don't trust what that person has to say about SFIV Dash.

And I hate the wakeup game in SFIV. The person getting up has the advantage versus the window of opportunity in older SFs.

He's not a 2009 member though, look a couple posts down.

And just what are you laughing at, dementia! ::shifty eyes::

Steaks

_dementia said:
i am laughing at the absurdity of the claims
Considering how fast they managed to make a new engine, 16 characters, and revise the game 100x over in a year, why is 10 characters surprising?

Also, hi.

MoxManiac said:
So yeah, some guy on SRK is saying SF4 dash will be revealed at TGS or shortly after and is claiming there will be 10(!) new characters.

I don't know the poster or is reputation so I dunno if it's bullshit or not. But wow, dudley, cody, guy and adon would be awesome.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=208656

I would say that's a legit source, and with TGS a couple weeks away it wouldn't surprise me.

I just, really hope they don't do anything stupid with game balance in the new version.

MoxManiac said:
He's not a 2009 member though, look a couple posts down.

And just what are you laughing at, dementia! ::shifty eyes::

Still doesn't seem credible. It's coming from some random member. If it were Mr. Wizard, I would be more inclined to believe the rumors.

And the game doesn't need 10 new characters. Four new characters would be fine (plus new boss) and just rebalancing all of the existing characters. Super Turbo/Hyper Fighter are considered two of the best SF titles. They offered new moves and rebalancing, which excites me more than new characters.

toneroni

kensk said:
Considering how fast they managed to make a new engine, 16 characters, and revise the game 100x over in a year, why is 10 characters surprising?

Also, hi.
this guy! heard us talking about him and came over :lol

would be cool if true though. Lets hope they can tweak the netcode a bit too :D

MoxManiac

(in response to spider)

If Capcom wants to sell SF4 dash as a new retail game which is possible, they will need a hell of a lot more than 4 new characters.

Hey spider, you give up on SF4? Haven't seen you on PSN since forever!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
If Adon is in the eventual update I'm all up in that shit day 1. A real thai fighter without the cheap!

Also give Abel some fucking love! >:eek:

10 does seem like a lot of characters to tack on - but a lot of them are popular characters and perhaps people that have jumped in to SF4 yet completely, adding these new characters could both please and add some interesting new match-ups. I'd love to see some Third Strike/Alpha characters on the SF4 engine for sure.

I'd definitely buy the new version, and would love to see more re-balancing and really working out the online play kinks. For people that don't have a really active scene it's really your only choice if you want to fight human players.

Also, please revisit that African-American Rufus design posted in here. I'd love to see a character similar to Kushnood Butt from Garou.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Also, please revisit that African-American Rufus design posted in here. I'd love to see a character similar to Kushnood Butt from Garou.

THIS.

That design was not so bad, I still can't wrap my head around why they didn't use it. I'd also like to see Sean in the new SFIV addition (that is if the new SFIV is official) -- but maybe he'd be too young for it? I mean I'd like to see a Sakura vs. Sean match but that's probably just me. :D If not, well, I'm content with Dee Jay.

Top Bottom