• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Steaks

Another source was nice enough to chime in, and give me a nudge and a wink. Along with how Mr. Wizard seems to be confronting the issue, draw your own conclusions. All of my information is second hand, for the record.

Anyway, I really really hope they change the blockstun values in this game to match the hitstun values, so when I do a blockstring I don't get random shoryued to all fuck and have to patiently bait dumb stuff even when I should be at an advantage of some kind. That and remove trade uppercuts (this coming from a Sagat player no less).

Well, thanks for the ass beatings Haunts. I was in the middle of trying to complete Viper's 3rd hard trial when you sent the invite.

I'm working on those fighters: Dictator, Boxer, and Abel. Next time I'll win a damn match!

LakeEarth

Although there are tons of 3rd Strike characters I would love to see, I'm sure they'll all be characters with unique fighting style. So unless there are big move changes, probably no Remy (Guile), Necro (I would say more Seth than Dhalsim), Hugo (god I wish for Hugo), or Alex (Honda-ish). Q moveset would probably be completely changed up, as he's very Balrog-ish without the normals.

CO_Andy

LakeEarth said:
Although there are tons of 3rd Strike characters I would love to see, I'm sure they'll all be characters with unique fighting style.
Just you wait: Mike Haggar will be there one day in Street Fighter :(

LakeEarth said:
Although there are tons of 3rd Strike characters I would love to see, I'm sure they'll all be characters with unique fighting style. So unless there are big move changes, probably no Remy (Guile), Necro (I would say more Seth than Dhalsim), Hugo (god I wish for Hugo), or Alex (Honda-ish). Q moveset would probably be completely changed up, as he's very Balrog-ish without the normals.

I think I posted some change suggestions for Q a few hundred pages back if you want to check it out. :lol

Anyways, all the alpha characters suck. Bring back Q and Yun.

DIRTY-D

hmmmm...someone over at that blog posted this:

"It's all true. The original poster has received a cease and desist order from Capcom, and that is why MrWizard deleted the thread instead of locking it."

DIRTY-D said:

"It's all true. The original poster has received a cease and desist order from Capcom, and that is why MrWizard deleted the thread instead of locking it."

And there ya go.

Pretty much confirms it right there.

DIRTY-D said:
I want Hugo!......just to do his taunt and have Poison come out and blow a kiss :D

I'm all for a Final Fight row of characters but... just having Cody and Guy, that's kind of a bummer. At least give them two dudes to beat up on for story purposes (Hugo and Rolento!).

DIRTY-D said:

Sucks even worse for Japanese players coming over here now.

Steaks

DIRTY-D said:

Yes this cease and desist order that I didn't get sure is stopping me from posting the specific date of October 1st.

I'm glad he, you know, knows more about me than I do.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol @ quoting a blogspot blog

Anyway, when dash does come out (whether this rumor is true or not), I can see them both using it as an excuse to charge full price for the game again, and offering a DLC patch for people who already own the game.

Lost Fragment said:
lol @ quoting a blogspot blog

Anyway, when dash does come out (whether this rumor is true or not), I can see them both using it as an excuse to charge full price for the game again, and offering a DLC patch for people who already own the game.

The rumor starter is two posts above you.

And he is not some random attention starved kid who registered on Gamefaqs, he's an old cat from the street fighter scene, and a 10 year SRK member. I doubt someone like that is just pulling shit out of their ass for a rise on a message forum.

If Wizard would have just locked the thread instead of deleting it I think the rumors would have died off.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Arpharmd B said:
The rumor starter is two posts above you.

And he is not some random attention starved kid who registered on Gamefaqs, he's an old cat from the street fighter scene, and a 10 year SRK member. I doubt someone like that is just pulling shit out of their ass for a rise on a message forum.

If Wizard would have just locked the thread instead of deleting it I think the rumors would have died off.

...I didn't say that I doubted the rumor was true?

BitchTits

I never really liked Cody that much in Alpha 3, maybe another appearance will give them a chance to iron out the crinkles, I always find one game isn't enough for a character to be fleshed out, moves-wise. I mean a lot of the cast have been refined over years and scores of games.

KAL2006

Banned
This character list is most likely legit as the thread has been removed from SRK, also the member who posted is a long time trusted poster.

I am happy with the characters (10 is more than I expected), great choices except I am not a big fan of T Hawk, Deejay and Cody. I think they chose the best SF3 characters though Alex, Urien and Elena would have been great aswell, but Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley are among the best. Guy and Adon were the only 2 Alpha characters that were left that I liked (Rolento would have also been a good choice). The best thing is that they are adding 2 new characters as I loved the new characters they added in 4.

I hope they add much more stages, new moves and add a new gameplay twist such as being able to choose your Ultra/Super similar to SF3.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
KAL2006 said:
I hope they add much more stages, new moves and add a new gameplay twist such as being able to choose your Ultra/Super similar to SF3.
I really don't want them to make things less balanced instead of more, but Ibuki/Makoto/Dudley would be awesome.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Best news I've heard in a while assuming it's true. It's no brainer an update will come but the question is when? I want Karin, Ibuki, Hinata, Daigo, that teacher that plays like Akuma, Akira and a bunch of others.

KAL2006 said:

More stages definitely. Lots of stages I would like to see from ST and Alpha. I don't really think they need to give multiple supers/ultras to each character and let the user select a la SF3 though. In SF3 most characters had just one superior super you were going to select anyway and the others were a waste. They just need to fix the few ultras that are horrible (Guile, Vega, Fei Long etc) and keep everything else how it is. I wouldn't mind seeing Akuma get the KKZ or Messatsu Gouhadou just give him some more variety.

Ahh shit yeah yall, did my first C.Spike FADC C.Spike FADC Ultra in a mtch today. Nice to see practice pay off, total confidence booster (even if I cant win a G1 tournament for the life of me -_-).

LakeEarth

Multiple ultra/super choices is an okay idea. I worry about another Genei Jin or Chun's SAII. I do like when a character has more than one good super art to the point that even top players will pick it based on their opponent's character choice. Characters without one definitive best super are Dudley, Q, Makoto, Necro, Ryu, Oro, Remy, Yang and Hugo. Elena and Sean don't count because nobody picks them :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LakeEarth said:
Multiple ultra/super choices is an okay idea. I worry about another Genei Jin or Chun's SAII. I do like when a character has more than one good super art to the point that even top players will pick it based on their opponent's character choice. Characters without one definitive best super are Dudley, Q, Makoto, Necro, Ryu, Oro, Remy, Yang and Hugo. Elena and Sean don't count because nobody picks them :lol

i always thought Urien's Tarant Slaugthter was a good choice besides the Reflectors

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i always thought Urien's Tarant Slaugthter was a good choice besides the Reflectors

Tyrant Slaughter is not a bad super art by any means, but in the hands of a top skilled Urien's Aegis Reflector is beastly, and his top tool versus everyone.

LakeEarth, you really know your 3rd Strike, but you left out Twelve! Clearly the ability to turn into a character that doesn't suck as bad as Twelve is his most useful super art. X.C.O.P.Y

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
More stages definitely. Lots of stages I would like to see from ST and Alpha. I don't really think they need to give multiple supers/ultras to each character and let the user select a la SF3 though. In SF3 most characters had just one superior super you were going to select anyway and the others were a waste. They just need to fix the few ultras that are horrible (Guile, Vega, Fei Long etc) and keep everything else how it is. I wouldn't mind seeing Akuma get the KKZ or Messatsu Gouhadou just give him some more variety.

True but I liked the options it presented. You could play Ryu with either Denjin after a knockdown, shinkuu hadoken after a long recovery, punish or combo, Shin Shoryu Ken counters jumpins (sort of), punish and combos. It's all about giving the player options.

Not to say Yun, Chun-li, Ken, Urien, etc didn't have certain cheap super combos. But I just think that was because they created a weird super tier. Ken could have three stocks of his retarded kick super. Chun could have two stocks. Yun could build his meter quickly enough to have one or two per round. They just didn't really balance the game for the super moves. If they had come out with a fourth iteration, I'm sure that would've been fixed. Throw in whiffed moves building super and we have that video of Justin Wong vs. Nuki just standing there doing back + fierce punch to build up her ridiculous two bars of super.

But characters like Ken, Fei Long, Guile, Claw and a few other characters would benefit from having multiple ultras cuz their ultras currently suck or are not able to be combo'd.

LakeEarth

~Devil Trigger~ said:
All 3 of Urien's supers are decent, but the clear winner is Aegis. Great damage, but not really easy to connect.

And X.C.O.P.Y. sucks because you can't use your opponent's super. X.C.O.P.Y.ing Chun or Yun is useless without the super. The meter needed to activate it is giant.

And yes I do loves me my 3rd Strike.

EDIT - I'm re-reading the thread, finding errors, but GAF has shrank its maximum character per post length since 2005 and I can't edit it. For the record, Hugo's hitstun/blockstun is the same as every other character, and don't wait till AI Gill wastes his super to beat him. Kill him and learn how to knock him out of resurrection as fast as possible.

God's Beard said:
Features I want:

Multiple super choice(bring back the kongou kokuretsu zan!)
Turbo mode
Quarter matches
motherfucking Grass Stage

Add to that:
having character specific music all the time, not the generic stuff in the stages
character specific backgrounds
improved online
filters for the console version

LakeEarth said:

That's a perfect example of the hypeness that is SFIV. This thread is like a bajillion pages and keeps growing. We had the HDR thread and the TS appreciation thread, but both have managed to die down (though I will admit TS is an old game).

BTW, that artwork was terrible. Was that Falcoon or Nona from SNK?

For the next iteration, use Akiman, Kinu Nishimura or Bengus/CRMK.

I hope they have a new boss (or alter Seth a bit, thankfully, he uses a 3D model, so it won't be too much work).

At least a background for half of the cast number (so about 18) with character specific music. Just not that weird techno/movie soundtrack stuff in the original.

The supers are fine. It's just the ultras, give the player choice of that.

Speed up the game about 10 to 15 percent.

New endings that make sense. Forget the Anime and just stick to the old illustrations.

ADD character specific intros. Ryu/Ken. Ryu/Gouken. Ken/Gouken. Gouken/Akuma. Dictator/Akuma. Sagat/Ryu. Cammy/Dictator. Abel/Seth. Seth/Dictator. Chun-Li/Dictator. Dan/Sagat. Rose/Dictator. Gen/Chun-Li. Yadda, yadda.

Kank the ultra meter building up from FA, as you're rewarding someone for being overly aggressive or just hanging back and turtling. I've had plenty of matches where I just stay to the other side of the screen and FA fireballs. FA can still remain a useful tool, just don't allow them to get two ultras during a round or max ultra from a weird strategy.

Change the wake up game. Reduce the window the grounded opponent has to punish the person who knocked them down. In real life, it's the opposite. The wake-up reversal is supposed to be a well-timed move to change the pace of the match and give that grounded person an advantage for guessing or executing right.

From a front end console standpoint, improve the net code. Right now, it's okay. It could be a bit better. If they could get it to HDR performance (without the hiccups), I'd be elated.

Lobby for at least a group of four.

Remix the challenges so they actually teach you something and are no longer a combo mode like EX.

All of the characters unlocked. Costumes are free.

Create a tournament mode like HDR. I like championship mode, but it's just a grind fest. The only reward is moving up in rank.

CPS2

My wishlist:

-lobbies

-filter out 1-3 bar connections in arcade interrupt mode

-better netcode

-get rid of the shortcuts for QCFx2 supers

-make the DP shortcuts more reasonable or get rid of those too

-more characters, backgrounds, music, etc

-no unlockable characters

Apart from that, I wouldn't mind them shaking up how ultras and supers work a bit.

UC1 said:
-get rid of the shortcuts for QCFx2 supers

-make the DP shortcuts more reasonable or get rid of those too

This too. It's so annoying. You're saying to yourself. Ryu, I'm happy for you, you were able to do the dragon punch. I'm a let you finish. But my knee press nightmare ultra is the greatest move of all time.

But damn...it doesn't come out instead the teleport does.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
kensk said:
Yes this cease and desist order that I didn't get sure is stopping me from posting the specific date of October 1st.

I'm glad he, you know, knows more about me than I do.

Oct 1 for information to be announce or release of their arcade version? >_>

Top Bottom