• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DR2K

Banned
MarkMan said:
My wishlist:

Awesome arcade stick tied in to the release of the title.

but why would an arcade cabinet need an arcade stick?

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Hitokage said:
Yay, finished all of Chun-Li's trials normal and hard, now I gotta go back and learn how to do them repeatedly. :(
GG's Hitokage.

Pretty good Chun. Just less hoppy and more standy and hit confirms then you will be awesome

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TurtleSnatcher said:
GG's Hitokage.

Pretty good Chun. Just less hoppy and more standy and hit confirms then you will be awesome
Indeed, ggs.

Edit: Oh, just watched a couple vids... ok, it's high time I start learning how to integrate FAs into my game. :lol

jabipun

+ Please improve net code.
Too much fucking lag. Even green connections are a bit laggy.

+ Character specific music. You already have them scored, it's in the game. Just implement it for the specific characters involved. So what - hearing Ken's theme on the Brazil stage might sound weird, but whatever.

+ Give Vega an overhead. The move is already in there and exists (d/f + medium kick) yet...it doesn't connect as overhead...

+ (balance characters) specifically - Strengthen Ken, and give him faster recovery on his fireball. Or, make his dragon punch more powerful. Pick one. Ryu's disadvantages to Ken are not as significant as Ken's disadvantages to Ryu.

+ Lobbies/spectator, but - net code and quality of online connection reigns supreme, fuck lobbies if it means better online battles.

+ Unlockable character gear (i.e, sunglasses, different hair models etc. I think it'd be cool to give each character online some unique flair. Unlocked by winning matches, beating players 'better' than you (more GP/BP etc.) Or by winning matches in certain ways a number of times, could be cool.

+ The ability to filter connection quality types when you make rooms/lobbies.

Truth be told, if they did everything I said above all those 10 characters can go fuck themselves. I'd be a happy customer.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
all this talk about wishlist features etc...

all I want to know, why oh god why cant I save a SIMPLE FUCKING REPLAY?!

._.

I love sf4 to DEATH but the lack of a simple replayfeature gives me an ulsur, I wanted to save the replays of funny/cool/stupid matches but OH wait I cant...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh yeah, for those who are also trying to get good with arcade sticks. Get TGM/Texmaster and practice using the arcade stick with it. It definitely helps. :D

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
vertopci said:
They better upgrade Guile with a high and low sonic boom or kick him the fuck out and put Remy in!

Remy > Guile

I miss this and his lunging kick so much. So much. I know Remy wasn't exactly top tier in 3S, but I loved the new tools he got over Guile, I really enjoyed playing the character. Using Guile in SFIV (and even using his SNK mini-me, Ash, in KOF) now just doesn't feel right without Remy's added moves. :(

Can only comment on characters (since we don't know any netcode/lobby updates etc.) I liked how sf3 had almost a completely new cast and wanted something similar with 4. The update (if true)is bringing back mainly old characters, which is why I'm not too excited about it. Really hoped they'd reveal a bunch of new characters.

decon

Remix the challenges so they actually teach you something and are no longer a combo mode like EX.

All of the characters unlocked. Costumes are free.

Create a tournament mode like HDR. I like championship mode, but it's just a grind fest. The only reward is moving up in rank.
Totally agree.

• Tag Team mode (also online so that you can play 2v2)
  • Better training mode that also explains the game and how to do combos etc.
  • Better online!

decon said:
Totally agree.

• Tag Team mode (also online so that you can play 2v2)
  • Better training mode that also explains the game and how to do combos etc.
  • Better online!

Wow, that's probably my most wanted thing that I couldn't think of myself. I'd love to see a 2v2 or more mode(preferably up to 3v3 at least). And even a tournament style Champ mode for it just like we have for regular 1v1 online play so we could see who the best teams are and stuff.

Ugh, I hate teams. I guess it would be okay as an optional mode, but I could live without it. Rather have them spend those work hours on better netcode or almost anything else. Tons of other fighters already do team stuff. Go play those.

But they're not SF, and SF is the only fighting game that I like(well besides a few other Capcom stuff). You're only against it because you always got picked last in elementary school :p

Ok, that was out of line, I'm sorry

decon

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
Ugh, I hate teams. I guess it would be okay as an optional mode, but I could live without it. Rather have them spend those work hours on better netcode or almost anything else. Tons of other fighters already do team stuff. Go play those.
Of course it should be optional, just imagine the reactions if they cut out 1v1 arcade?

TaKeRx

All I would really want in this updated game would be LOBBIES. Seriously, this game would be so much enjoyable with it because me and my friends always gotta make different rooms and even though we're all i the party, it still doesn't replicate that SSFIITHD or BlazBlue feeling.

I've started playing a bit more online the past few days (may as well get some use out of my 1 month "RROD" xbox live gold card). It is pretty shameful how poor the online interface is, great if you have plenty of people on your friends list to fight with, but trying to get a match going with a decent connection.... ugh. Nothing worse than playing a one move Blanka that is lagging out.

Still, at least I've scored two achievements for my troubles! (Collect all medal types, 100 XBL Matches).

jabipun

Hitokage said:
I would vastly prefer team-based matchmaking/tournaments to any tag-team nonsense.

I think that's what he meant. Obviously having some Wrestlemania Tekken Tag Tournament tag team would be fucking retarded.

But a 2 vs. 2 team set up ala Capcom vs. SNK 2 mode be fucking awesome.

Create a room with 4 open slots (you taking up one) - and the teams get matched up 2 vs. 2 with equal GP/BP adding up between the teams.

You quickly decide with your teammate who goes first (during the load screen perhaps) and it's set to go.

And I highly doubt this is going to bust Capcom's ball implementing since each match is seperated from each other like if it was loading up a new round. It's not like it's REAL-TIME tag team or anything.

Damn. If Dudley is going to be in SF4, I have to learn how to do half/quartercircle motions with the stick. Right now I only know how to play with charge characters with the stick :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Makoto! Please Makoto! MAKOOTOOO!

MAKOOOOOOTOOOOOOO BITCHEEEEEES

Now make her shit tier just to fuck with me Capcom

Switch out Adon for Rolento for a Final Fight trio and I'd be happy. Seems strange to leave out Alex, he'd make sense as the fourth: Alex/Dudley/Ibuki/Makoto, since he was considered the "main character" of 3.

4 from Final Fight, 4 from SF3, and Deejay + T.Hawk would be 10 that'd fit SF4s pattern so far, where everything comes in 4s.

Id like more ultra variety like sf3 had. Almost everything in sf4 is the usual boring "special" combo that you dont really have any control over. Id like the choice of more unique ones as well, such as Urien's Reflector or Ryu's Charge Hadoken. If not that, then let me turn off the Ultras all together...I hate those damn things and the fact that the opponent gets them for getting their ass whipped :lol

The supers are fine I guess.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Why the Adon hatred? He's fun and awesome to use. FADC will help him out bigtime also.

I played SFIV last night for the first time in a month or so. God, people just play so lame all the time now. I really feel the game needs a tune-up, as everyone has figured out how to grind and suck the fun out of it. Playing garbage tier doesn't help either. I have more fun with STHD right now.

That said, I think SF4 would have been better off using SFA2 as the base instead of SF2.

arstal said:
Why the Adon hatred? He's fun and awesome to use. FADC will help him out bigtime also.

I played SFIV last night for the first time in a month or so. God, people just play so lame all the time now. I really feel the game needs a tune-up, as everyone has figured out how to grind and suck the fun out of it. Playing garbage tier doesn't help either. I have more fun with STHD right now.

That said, I think SF4 would have been better off using SFA2 as the base instead of SF2.
I think Im the only person that hates SFA. I didnt really like the offensive oriented nature of it fun at all, and never cared for its "loose" looking combat. Ive always thought SF3 had a much more superior, and varied, foundation. It allowed for a more robust play style in both offense and defense, where alpha was(from my personal experience) all offense. I feel like Im one of the few people who thinks this though, most people love alpha.

abstract alien said:
I think Im the only person that hates SFA. I didnt really like the offensive oriented nature of it fun at all, and never cared for its "loose" looking combat. Ive always thought SF3 had a much more superior, and varied, foundation. It allowed for a more robust play style in both offense and defense, where alpha was(from my personal experience) all offense. I feel like Im one of the few people who thinks this though, most people love alpha.

I don't think there's a single SFA character that I like, I hate them more than the new SFIV characters. The only good thing about alpha was the grass stage, and I'm still pissed it isn't in the current game.

TimeKillr

This is my wishlist - it'll never happen, but hey.

1- Make it so we can disable shortcuts. I understand why they are there (damn you 360 controller) but they should be removable if we want to. (Doing EX Falling Sky with Abel instead of Ultra pisses me off).

2- Fix hitbox inconsistencies, character-specific combos and all that BS. Seriously. Off the top of my head I can list a LOT of stuff that makes absolutely no sense (Ryu/Ken/Akuma, when they crouch, have a very low hitbox, lower than most of the cast, for example).

3- Please fix Sagat. While this might seem self-explanatory, his multitude of karas/BS links into Ultra, high damage, high life, high stun are pretty ridiculous.

4- Gief too, while you're at it. Lariats should whiff on crouching opponents (both of them). Also either give him less life OR less stun defense. It's ridiculous - I don't think I've ever seen someone dizzy Gief.

5- Throws should NOT interrupt hit animations UNLESS the throw is hit invulnerable. This applies to all normal throws as well as all command throws, but leaves EX command throws (Abel and Gief's) to be able to grab through attacks as they have a special property

OR

5a- Normalize crouching jab speed. Rog has a 2-frame jab, Abel has a 5-frame jab. Hell, Abel's crouching jab is slower than his standing fierce (that says something!). If everyone has a 2-frame jab or a 3-frame jab, you could at least interrupt normal throws with jabs. I would highly prefer option 5 since 5a would make Jab Fighter 4 even worse, but hey.

6- No "Must link to cancel to specials" rule. Thanks.

7- Make the reversal window shorter. It's WAY too easy to do reversals now.

8- As someone else said, blockstun should be longer (I wouldn't say as long as hitstun, but at least a bit longer). With Abel (he's my main, so he's the one I have the most experience with), a jumping MK, if blocked high, is reversable every time. It's ridiculous.

9- Trading AA should cancel a juggle state, if any. This means that trading SRKs and ground AAs (like Abel's 2nd hit off a c.fp) that go into juggle state would no longer be put into juggle state. This negates a lot of stuff like Sagat trading a Tiger Uppercut into f.RH -> r.RH -> Ultra.

10- All Ultras should do their full hits. Self-explanatory :)

Now, I have one crazy wish I know will probably never happen:

Air FAs. Not a lot of people want those, but I love the mind games it offers.

CO_Andy said:
Unfortunately, he's gone to a better place where we PSN heathens don't belong.

I'm still around. I triple dipped but the PC version has the best graphics and accepts any controller (though I'll say there's more peeps to play on Live).

I'd like some nerfed links. The game is way too generous. They're not difficult to do when compared to say Alpha 2 or Super Turbo.

And I like Guy and Cody. I just don't want Jail Break Cody...but there are alternate outfits, so I'll pick normal FF Cody. It would've been nice to have another grappler like Hugo, Alex or Birdie.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
TimeKillr said:
This is my wishlist - it'll never happen, but hey.

1- Make it so we can disable shortcuts. I understand why they are there (damn you 360 controller) but they should be removable if we want to. (Doing EX Falling Sky with Abel instead of Ultra pisses me off).

2- Fix hitbox inconsistencies, character-specific combos and all that BS. Seriously. Off the top of my head I can list a LOT of stuff that makes absolutely no sense (Ryu/Ken/Akuma, when they crouch, have a very low hitbox, lower than most of the cast, for example).

3- Please fix Sagat. While this might seem self-explanatory, his multitude of karas/BS links into Ultra, high damage, high life, high stun are pretty ridiculous.

4- Gief too, while you're at it. Lariats should whiff on crouching opponents (both of them). Also either give him less life OR less stun defense. It's ridiculous - I don't think I've ever seen someone dizzy Gief.

5- Throws should NOT interrupt hit animations UNLESS the throw is hit invulnerable. This applies to all normal throws as well as all command throws, but leaves EX command throws (Abel and Gief's) to be able to grab through attacks as they have a special property

OR

5a- Normalize crouching jab speed. Rog has a 2-frame jab, Abel has a 5-frame jab. Hell, Abel's crouching jab is slower than his standing fierce (that says something!). If everyone has a 2-frame jab or a 3-frame jab, you could at least interrupt normal throws with jabs. I would highly prefer option 5 since 5a would make Jab Fighter 4 even worse, but hey.

6- No "Must link to cancel to specials" rule. Thanks.

7- Make the reversal window shorter. It's WAY too easy to do reversals now.

8- As someone else said, blockstun should be longer (I wouldn't say as long as hitstun, but at least a bit longer). With Abel (he's my main, so he's the one I have the most experience with), a jumping MK, if blocked high, is reversable every time. It's ridiculous.

9- Trading AA should cancel a juggle state, if any. This means that trading SRKs and ground AAs (like Abel's 2nd hit off a c.fp) that go into juggle state would no longer be put into juggle state. This negates a lot of stuff like Sagat trading a Tiger Uppercut into f.RH -> r.RH -> Ultra.

10- All Ultras should do their full hits. Self-explanatory :)

Now, I have one crazy wish I know will probably never happen:

Air FAs. Not a lot of people want those, but I love the mind games it offers.

- on Gief i agree with Lariets, but He SHOULD have the most health in the game....he's ZANGIEF. He's Huge, little mobility, an easy target, so he should be able to take more damage than anybody in the game. I dont want him to be completely worthless...

- on #10 agree a bit but. Not All Ultras, in fact some Ultras ShOULD NOT do full hits: like Sagat's magic black hole pulling you from the air to the ground. Bison is guilty of this too but not nearly as bad as Sagat's. Fei Long's Ultra, my god should be like Makoto's SA1 or Abel's.

but yea hitbox insanities and the shortcuts are annoying

Zissou

Spiderjericho said:
That's a perfect example of the hypeness that is SFIV. This thread is like a bajillion pages and keeps growing. We had the HDR thread and the TS appreciation thread, but both have managed to die down (though I will admit TS is an old game).

BTW, that artwork was terrible. Was that Falcoon or Nona from SNK?

For the next iteration, use Akiman, Kinu Nishimura or Bengus/CRMK.

I hope they have a new boss (or alter Seth a bit, thankfully, he uses a 3D model, so it won't be too much work).

At least a background for half of the cast number (so about 18) with character specific music. Just not that weird techno/movie soundtrack stuff in the original.

The supers are fine. It's just the ultras, give the player choice of that.

Speed up the game about 10 to 15 percent.

New endings that make sense. Forget the Anime and just stick to the old illustrations.

ADD character specific intros. Ryu/Ken. Ryu/Gouken. Ken/Gouken. Gouken/Akuma. Dictator/Akuma. Sagat/Ryu. Cammy/Dictator. Abel/Seth. Seth/Dictator. Chun-Li/Dictator. Dan/Sagat. Rose/Dictator. Gen/Chun-Li. Yadda, yadda.

Kank the ultra meter building up from FA, as you're rewarding someone for being overly aggressive or just hanging back and turtling. I've had plenty of matches where I just stay to the other side of the screen and FA fireballs. FA can still remain a useful tool, just don't allow them to get two ultras during a round or max ultra from a weird strategy.

Change the wake up game. Reduce the window the grounded opponent has to punish the person who knocked them down. In real life, it's the opposite. The wake-up reversal is supposed to be a well-timed move to change the pace of the match and give that grounded person an advantage for guessing or executing right.

From a front end console standpoint, improve the net code. Right now, it's okay. It could be a bit better. If they could get it to HDR performance (without the hiccups), I'd be elated.

Lobby for at least a group of four.

Remix the challenges so they actually teach you something and are no longer a combo mode like EX.

All of the characters unlocked. Costumes are free.

Create a tournament mode like HDR. I like championship mode, but it's just a grind fest. The only reward is moving up in rank.

Who cares about ultra building from focus attacks? If some ryu just wants to sit back and play that game, it's his own fault. The person who's fireballing is the turtle, not the person absorbing them. Also, the street fighter story never makes sense; if it did, I would quit. The rest of the stuff I mostly agree with.

DIRTY-D

damn, now that I'm thinking about it......what would some of the alternate costumes be for the new characters brought in. here are some quick ideas.

Returning from SF3:

Ibuki: maybe her school outfit from 3rd strike

Makoto: red under shirt and jeans

Dudley: old school 40's boxer attire

Returning from SF2:

DeeJay: wife beater and kickboxing shorts

T-Hawk: cow skin war outfit with head dress

Returning from Alpha:

Guy: casual street attire

Cody: final fight outfit...with his jailbreak outfit for his alt

Adon
: pants and training gear

in addition to 2 completely new characters.

Gouken's daughter (aka: Hitomi)
: maybe one being a robe like gi, and one being a business suit with shades and a ear piece. Ala' president's bodyguard type of deal.

I would love a Challenge mode that gives a good analysis of the systems, strategies, timing issues, and really tries to teach you how to become a good player. Being able to do all the combos in Challenge mode is one thing, but for somewhat novice players it's hard to figure out how to translate these into a match. I know a lot of the times I freeze when I'm in a match and gravitate towards what I remember from playing ST2Turbo when I was 8-10 years old.

I really like a lot of the suggestions so far - really hoping for a good update, but at the same time, I'm not getting my hopes up. A '2v2' mode would really awesome; bring on the lobbies.

i forgot to mention the most important wish: throw Seth out, or let him mutate into a completely different character. he is very boring in his current form.

arstal said:

no Adon hatred over here. he is one of my favorite designs.

CPS2

No point in getting too specific with what you want, regarding the game system. If you have a big list of specific details that you want included, chances are very few, if any, are going to be there, and you'll talk yourself out of liking a game that could be awesome. This happens all the time, it took a lot of 3S players around 5 years to realise it was a good game because they were too hung up on what they thought was wrong with it, or what it should've been like.

Just saying, some of these wishlist ideas are pretty good but there's some nitpicking going on :lol

Top Bottom