• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Blizzard

Banned
I don't really like Balrog since it seems like he's probably overused and he looks kinda like a toothy vampire, but maybe he is easier than other characters...I was able to do the level 4 easy trial with him and I hadn't managed that with any other character.

Looking at the level 5 easy trial though, how do you chain light punch into heavy kick? I'm assuming there's some hard trick to it, but I couldn't find any example of it on youtube.

More Daigo videos, this time against Momochi. But not Momochi's Akuma, his Ryu actually. For those who don't know, Momochi actually has the #2 Ryu in terms of BP. This is the first of 6, the rest can be found under "Related videos". There are more videos of Daigo and other top Japanese players that haven't been posted anywhere else(as far as I could tell) if you navigate through SF4db's page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUIcQHo-7T0&feature=related

And this is the exact reason why I hate Ryu mirror matches against other Ryu players who know what the hell they're doing. It turns into a zoning/footsie war and I'm terrible at those two things. I'm actually more comfortable going after a turtle Sagat then a turtle Ryu of the same skill level. Sagat's high tiger can be ducked under and his slowness makes it easy to catch jump ins on reaction. Ryu's quicker movement and straightforward fireball makes me nervous when trying to move in on him.

Cowie

Blizzard said:
I don't really like Balrog since it seems like he's probably overused and he looks kinda like a toothy vampire, but maybe he is easier than other characters...I was able to do the level 4 easy trial with him and I hadn't managed that with any other character.

Looking at the level 5 easy trial though, how do you chain light punch into heavy kick? I'm assuming there's some hard trick to it, but I couldn't find any example of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuid4Qbna9c#t=4m26s

that guy has videos of all the trials.. I'm assuming the problem you're having is that the link has to be a far lp to a far hk, instead of standing right on top of your opponent. So try it from a few steps away(but still in range, obviously) from your opponent.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Blizzard said:
Thanks!

Also, is it just me, or do the arcade opponents use supers/ultras when they HAVE NO METER? :mad:
never seen it, but they seem to be able to keep their charge if you cross them up which is a bitch move.

Blizzard

Banned
Brobzoid said:
never seen it, but they seem to be able to keep their charge if you cross them up which is a bitch move.
:lol I should learn what a crossup is. Maybe it's just one of Chun Li's normal moves, but she has some sort of combo where she attacks a couple of times, does about 362 kicks, then kicks you up into the air and the camera zooms around and she kicks a bunch and then you smash down. And I'm pretty sure she did it without either an ultra meter OR an EX bar...

Also, since I'm a noob, beating Dr. Manhattan even on easy mode was a pain. :mad: And the worst part is, since I was playing with balrog I don't get anything. *will have to go look up unlocks*

^ Try this on Seth on easy mode...walk up, throw. When he gets up, throw, repeat. It worked for me for the most part and it's how I unlocked all the characters :lol

Brobzoid

When you're playing Balrog against CPU Seth just stand right outside of reach and wait for him to do the spin kick thing and punish with a dash straight and if he teleports headbutt his ass back in place. Clockwork.

Blizzard

Banned
RapidCancel said:
^ Try this on Seth on easy mode...walk up, throw. When he gets up, throw, repeat. It worked for me for the most part and it's how I unlocked all the characters :lol
Thanks for the tips, people. My problem was that Seth basically used the ground-horizontal punch nonstop for his entire first life, so I had to shield or jump over it.

Also, is there some "secret pick" option online that I don't know about? I just played three players who all picked the question mark, and ALL THREE got Akuma. That can't be coincidental. >_> (nevermind, I'm an idiot, it shows as a ? because I don't have him unlocked)

Cowie

Blizzard said:
Thanks for the tips, people. My problem was that Seth basically used the ground-horizontal punch nonstop for his entire first life, so I had to shield or jump over it.

Also, is there some "secret pick" option online that I don't know about? I just played three players who all picked the question mark, and ALL THREE got Akuma. That can't be coincidental. >_>

Were you playing championship mode? If so, it masks your character choice from the opponent, and displays the ? on their screen. In which case, you just fought three akumas in a row in championship mode, which is pretty believable.

edit: oh your edit makes that make more sense.

CPS2

RapidCancel said:

I'm surprised that worked, even on the easiest setting against Seth. He just has too many options on wakeup, imo it's better to wait for him to make a mistake like lightening legs or a jump in attack. Once he knocks you down (which is very easy with all his wakeup options), you're finished if you guess wrong against whatever he does next. Not that it can't be done, but this is the type of thing that leads to people saying Seth is bullshit hard.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Spiderjericho said:
Anyone want to play, GFW or Live? krp1976. I'd like to play a lil bit in player matches to remove the rust.

hey man, this is one bizarre shot in the dark but are you by any chance from sweden :D?

Rice-Eater said:
More Daigo videos, this time against Momochi. But not Momochi's Akuma, his Ryu actually. For those who don't know, Momochi actually has the #2 Ryu in terms of BP. This is the first of 6, the rest can be found under "Related videos". There are more videos of Daigo and other top Japanese players that haven't been posted anywhere else(as far as I could tell) if you navigate through SF4db's page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUIcQHo-7T0&feature=related

And this is the exact reason why I hate Ryu mirror matches against other Ryu players who know what the hell they're doing. It turns into a zoning/footsie war and I'm terrible at those two things. I'm actually more comfortable going after a turtle Sagat then a turtle Ryu of the same skill level. Sagat's high tiger can be ducked under and his slowness makes it easy to catch jump ins on reaction. Ryu's quicker movement and straightforward fireball makes me nervous when trying to move in on him.

I watched most of them (didn't see the third, but I'll go look for it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypnuoc3xvLQ&feature=response_watch (Daigo come back) The guy is like Hulk Hogan and John Cena.

Momochi is just as good as Daigo. I'd say he's more aggressive and does the tatsu cross up and FAs more. The way he seems to get the FA crumples is sick.

I also didn't realize that they were comboing the ultra with the hurricane kick. GDLK.

There's also a great battle between Nemo and RF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxgZmVat8U

Mirimar

abstract alien said:
Holy mother of God that Boxer is uncalled for! Fuck, Im not sure Ive ever seen Daigo actually have to resort to fireball spamming before.
Thing is, he adapted despite losing 2 sets in a row and won overall 3 sets to 2

Mirimar said:
Thing is, he adapted despite losing 2 sets in a row and won overall 3 sets to 2
Yeah, his ability is uncanny. It really is like he knows what you're thinking...its such a cheesy thing to say, but its true.

Brobzoid

yeah, what makes Daigo so gawd damn fun to watch is not only how fast he adapts, but how insanely well he's able to use seemingly new tactics right off the bat.

Momochi and Shiro are fueling my resolve to expand my Abel and Akuma game though. I can do the rh link more often than not now and I've mastered Abel's c.fp-lk.roll-falling sky :)

Next up: FADCing CoD for pressure game! LEVELING UUUUUP!

fuck input lag... seriously, it is my bane. After a couple of matches with it, I feel like I have to go practice to relearn input timing ;_;

DIRTY-D

It would be sick as shit if Gouken's daughter threw curved fireballs.

thrown high but curved low ...or thrown low and curved up high.

good mix ups for the win! :D

DIRTY-D

yeah...I don't know what happend...I made that post on Friday........and just got to work this morning and refreshed the page. It just popped up again...WTF :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
Didn't gootecks do it at Evo?
yeah he did. I remember cause I said "WTF" when watching the replay

EDIT: wow Daigo really whips out the 'I counter your fireball with ultra' move quite often.

catfish said:
yeah he did. I remember cause I said "WTF" when watching the replay

EDIT: wow Daigo really whips out the 'I counter your fireball with ultra' move quite often.

It seems like he just added it to his arsenal of ass-whoopery! I watch every Daigo vid that comes out and haven't seen that until this last set of vids.

I wonder if he's going to use it against tigershot spamming Mago?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shadow780 said:
OMG, how do you do that?
Charge back, hold MP+MK, f, b, b(FA Cancel), f+PPP or KKK, or Charge back, hold MP+MK, f, f(FA Cancel), b, f+PPP or KKK.

Would be nice if I could pull off a dash ultra even without the FA, though. :(

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I got rid of SFIV as I sold my fat PS3 and bought a slim and the SFIV save isn't transferable.
Those vids and the upcoming update announcement have me pumped, I think I'm going have to buy it again. I'm not looking forward to grinding my way back to G1 though!

_dementia said:
according to the official blog, an announcement will be made shortly at least

16aa0co.jpg

HYPE. Cannot wait!

"Charge back, hold MP+MK, f, b, b(FA Cancel), f+PPP or KKK, or Charge back, hold MP+MK, f, f(FA Cancel), b, f+PPP or KKK.

Would be nice if I could pull off a dash ultra even without the FA, though. :("

Actually, that's not it. There's a "glitch" of sorts in SF4 where you can kara certain moves with super armor (balrog's EX punches, Abel's COD) to trigger an ultra. The ultra will only be triggered if you get hit during the early part of the ex move.

Geezer said:
I got rid of SFIV as I sold my fat PS3 and bought a slim and the SFIV save isn't transferable.
Those vids and the upcoming update announcement have me pumped, I think I'm going have to buy it again. I'm not looking forward to grinding my way back to G1 though!

If you use the same name, it should be tied to your account. You'll still have to grind for the characters to be unlocked, but when my save got corrupted, my online progress was fine.

KAL2006

Banned
Khrno said:
I can't wait for Super Street Fighter IV, hopefully Capcom will show it this week. :D

Me too, I thnk its definatly going to be announced at TGS. Also I think the rumored list

T Hawk
DeeJay
Dudley
Ibuki
Makoto
Guy
Cody
Adon
2 New characters

is correct, as the news has been posted on Shoryuken forums (by a long time trusted user) and got removed, not just once but TWICE.

10 characters is great, but I am hoping we get TONS of new stages. Another wish of mine is that each character gets a choice of 2 Ultras/Supers (similar to SF3 which has 3). And of course balance changes (nerf Sagat)

Dascu

_dementia said:
kensk, can you let us know more about the October 1 date you mentioned?
that's the week after TGS :(
Maybe that's the release date? :)

On another note: Does anyone have the PC version and is good with Akuma? I've been maining him for a while now, but I could really use a "tutor" to teach me the little tricks and nuances to playing him properly.

I'd like it if those little quotes in the grudge matches made it into normal play, if only I could hear Sagat's "RYYYYUUUUUUUUUUU" every time I went for an Ultra :D

Looking forward to Capcom's announcement, I noticed today that I have surpassed 100hrs in SF4, and that's just on my copy, I do majority of my fighting around my friends house..... :s

Top Bottom