• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Darkman M said:
Yeah, i just don't understand why they let retailers take pre-orders for more then they could provide, that what pisses me off only let retailers pre-order what you can provide then cut it off until you can provide more. I think people would be alot more appreciative of the situation.
This is true and even worse, you've still got websites out there taking pre-orders just to put people on backorder.

Whatever.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
kaz_hirai_headshot.jpg

499 US DOLLARS

MoxManiac

Kintaro said:
I'm just going to put it out of my mind as best as I can. If nothing by the time the games come out, I'll just cancel the 360 version until I can get a suitable stick for the system.

From top to bottom, on all sides, Mad Catz and retailers, this stick thing has been handled like dog shit and I'm tired of worrying about it. =(

Between this and the complaints about defects, Mad Catz's attempt to redeem their reputation is off to a rocky start :/

diffusionx

Gold Member
drmcclin said:
so has anyone called Amazon to let them know they're asleep at the wheel w/these TE sticks?? I can only imagine how much warehouse space they're wasting holding these things..

Is there any chance at all Amazon just has not gotten them yet?

For those still looking to get a CE edition, Best Buy still has loads for pre-orders for the CE version available, but this is at the store.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MoxManiac said:
Between this and the complaints about defects, Mad Catz's attempt to redeem their reputation is off to a rocky start :/
The irony being that they clearly have the best stick on the market by a large margin, otherwise people would find an alternative instead of impotently raging on the internet. The fightpads aren't getting anywhere near the same amount of attention. The hype almost makes me want to find a stick, and the last time I used one regularly was when Tekken 3 was hot in the arcades.

Aeris130

diffusionx said:
Is there any chance at all Amazon just has not gotten them yet?

At least that's how it is for play-asia. Appearently they don't even know when they'll get their shipment yet, or how many.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Kintaro said:
I did just this. All I got was "You should contact the store..." No mother fucker, I pre-order at the store, the order goes to you, you ship out the fucking product to the stores, and stores get their shit. I was pretty fucking livid since just yesterday the girl on the line was able to try to pinpoint when a shipment should have arrived. Today, the dude just blew me off saying I should talk to the store.

So, I do call my store and there's nothing in the computer about receiving these sticks. Why the fuck did I bother pre-ordering at the store to being with when the online orders have been going out earlier and I didn't have to put down $100 of my FUCKING MONEY?

Okay, I'm assuming the worst. These sticks don't exist to me. I can survive with my VFHG if I can figure out how to mod it with the 8 way gate I got coming in. What's the next best 360 stick?
The sticks don't exist to you now, just because of a slight shipping delay? You are really freaking out over this. You'll get your stick, but you might have to be a little patient. It's not worth stressing over. Really, it's not.

Askia47

dfyb said:
he was having other problems with SFIV on xbl:

but he had since opened some ports and solved some of these problems i think. the stuff i quoted in my last post was more recent.

guess it could be on his end, but i'm also skeptical of positive impressions of online this early. it seems like with EVERY fighting game, online impressions are very positive at first but don't mean shit (i've even seen people in that thread claiming there wasn't much lag against japanese opponents, which is basically impossible). for me, having input lag is pretty much a deal-breaker.

i'll give it a shot, but i'm not really optimistic at this point. Ono's always stated they had to make concessions to the netcode even compared to HDR. he specifically said the rollback code was too processor-intensive for SFIV (even though, oddly enough, the GGPO dev claimed that was bullshit), which means input lag is likely present, which again is a deal-breaker for me.

Relax, people have different experiences with online. We have heard many people say it plays fairly well online, and now because one guy has a bad experience its terrible, horrendous, and fail? Online is something that is never 100%, lets wait until everyone gets their game before we begin to bash it to oblivion.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Mutagenic said:
The sticks don't exist to you now, just because of a slight shipping delay? You are really freaking out over this. You'll get your stick, but you might have to be a little patient. It's not worth stressing over. Really, it's not.

Slight shipping delay ? It seems to me that it has been a major clusterfuck, and nobody knows anything about when they are getting/shipping them.

mYm|17|

Darkman M said:
:lol my Amazon one has the 24th& My bestbuy one has the 15th im about at the point to not giving a shit, im tired of checking bestbuy and amazon hourly for updates.

I hear ya man, same as me

Sallokin

Gah, Just got the "Shipment Delay" email from B&N with an estimated restock time of 14 days. FUUUUUUUUUUCK. I'm seriously considering Just picking up an HRAP off of Amazon and getting one day shipping. How much better/worse is the HRAP over the Standard Fight Stick?

Guys. Madcatz didn't send the full shipment at once. Some got in last week so they sent them out to internet customers. They told stores yesterday the calls were mistakes but all the store shipments would be in late this week and early next. No need to fear.

Edited: Last week. Had to edit.

purg3

slept with Malkin
TurtleSnatcher said:
Guys. Madcatz didn't send the full shipment at once. Some got in last night so they sent them out to internet customers. They told stores yesterday the calls were mistakes but all the store shipments would be in late this week and early next. No need to fear.

good to hear.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mutagenic said:

I'm putting them out of my mind essentially, but it's like this: I no longer trust GameStop to get this shit right at the moment. Not to mention that they have my money that I spent on day one to pre-order these sticks. Now they can't tell me when to expect them in the store (except yesterday, GS Corp DID tell me it was shipped to my store and should have arrived yesterday, but guess what?) while those who pre-ordered online get their first without having to put down any money? That doesn't fly. Not to mention it all traces back to Mad Catz spitting out this super rare bullshit about these sticks that made people rush out and pre-order in the first place.

So, naturally, if one segment of customers are getting their product while the other segment is left in the cold with no word as to WTF is going on, people freak the shit out. It's not rocket science. To chill out, I'm not going to worry about them until Tuesday/Wednesday. If they're there, awesome. If not, I'll get my money back, cancel my 360 copy of the game until I can get a stick that comes close to the TE and be on my way with the PS3 version.

This is a world class clusterfuck from all sides. From Mad Catz to GS to every other retailer out there. Period.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Guys. Madcatz didn't send the full shipment at once. Some got in last night so they sent them out to internet customers. They told stores yesterday the calls were mistakes but all the store shipments would be in late this week and early next. No need to fear.

And no offense, you are not helping. Everyday is a different story with you and what GS will do. Just say "wait until the 18th" and be done with it.

keanerie

McBradders said:
¬_¬

Halo 3 pre-release level of man-babyness in here...

I dunno about that, but yes. I'll be glad when we can talk about the playing game again and not about how we're all bending over backasswards and making angry phone calls trying to get it, though I suppose, this is NeoGAF dude and all that.

krazen

Hey guys.

Im stuck with definately one, possibly two TE(my backup) not getting here.
I have an overpriced Xbox limited edition thats probably gonna come late next week, that I can't cancel.

But still, id rather come into the thread and have read talk about the game, then joystick and game shipment issues, lol.

Give me talks on lag.
Give me how cool the combos are.
Tell me how you feel the game sucks.

The rest of it is kinda noise.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
krazen said:
Hey guys.

Im stuck with definately one, possibly two TE(my backup) not getting here.
I have an overpriced Xbox limited edition thats probably gonna come late next week, that I can't cancel.

But still, id rather come into the thread and have read talk about the game, then joystick and game shipment issues, lol.

Give me talks on lag.
Give me how cool the combos are.
Tell me how you feel the game sucks.

The rest of it is kinda noise.

This thread has been up since early feb, and we still a few days away from the release. Only a few people have the game, what do you think people are going to talk about ? :lol

So I've asked this before and I didn't really get any answers cept for donkey and MarkMan, but who in LA GAF is going to the release party tonight?

I'm about to go have another SF4 get together today. HYPE. I've learned a few new tricks with blue Bison so I'm excited to use them today.

yeb

Askia47 said:
Relax, people have different experiences with online. We have heard many people say it plays fairly well online, and now because one guy has a bad experience its terrible, horrendous, and fail? Online is something that is never 100%, lets wait until everyone gets their game before we begin to bash it to oblivion.
The problem is credibility. A lot of people with positive impressions say there's no lag at all, which means they're idiots. Mullah, on the other hand, has been playing online fighters for years and actually knows everything that can go wrong.

I'm not saying it's going to be horrible, but I know better than to get my hopes up based on impressions from people who can't even recognize input delay. It's just too easy to screw up online play in a fighting game.

Cheech

Sallokin said:
Gah, Just got the "Shipment Delay" email from B&N with an estimated restock time of 14 days. FUUUUUUUUUUCK. I'm seriously considering Just picking up an HRAP off of Amazon and getting one day shipping. How much better/worse is the HRAP over the Standard Fight Stick?

The 360 HRAP-EX has a similar, if not the same stick as the TEs (I'm not sure about the HRAP3 PS3 stick though). The buttons, from what I can gather, are similar to the Standard Fight STick.

So, it's kind of like a hybrid of the two Mad Catz sticks. The buttons on the HRAPs are easy to replace if that's your thing.

Zapages

How do you guys think I will fair in SF IV...

Overall: CvsS2 > SF 3 TS > SSF 2T >>>>>>>>> MvsC2

I suck at SSF IIT while playing on high difficulty settings... I usually get to like the 5 or 6 character before I continuously lose. On average setting, I decent and get to M Bison (Dictator) and stuff..

I am average in SF III third strike, like the parries as it kind of evens the gameplay out. But I suck at high level against anyone that is really good.

Capcom vs SNK 2, now this is the game that I rule in. I've played a bit competitively and I've done fairly good in it...

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - this game I totally suck at... So I am not going to say a thing about it.

ashism

Holy shit, I HATED the intro song before, in jap and eng.
Now, for some reason, it has grown on me big time. I love it!

Kintaro. Believe me if you want. I'm not asking for your praise but that was sent to all stores yesterday. You will get your stick at least while the bn people who just ordered most def probably won't.

Teknoman

Zapages said:
How do you guys think I will fair in SF IV...

Overall: CvsS2 > SF 3 TS > SSF 2T >>>>>>>>> MvsC2

I suck at SSF IIT while playing on high difficulty settings... I usually get to like the 5 or 6 character before I continuously lose. On average setting, I decent and get to M Bison (Dictator) and stuff..

I am average in SF III third strike, like the parries as it kind of evens the gameplay out. But I suck at high level against anyone that is really good.

Capcom vs SNK 2, now this is the game that I rule in. I've played a bit competitively and I've done fairly good in it...

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - this game I totally suck at... So I am not going to say a thing about it.

I say you should do fine. SFIV isnt as super fast paced as SSF2T or MvC2.

Oh and from the IGN review:

Unfortunately the bulk of the online content is being reserved for a day one patch with enhanced matchmaking, a fully-featured tournament system and a replay mode all to be included. We'll follow up with a comprehensive report post release, but for now be safe in the knowledge that Street Fighter IV's online mode is satisfyingly sturdy.

Askia47

yeb said:
The problem is credibility. A lot of people with positive impressions say there's no lag at all, which means they're idiots. Mullah, on the other hand, has been playing online fighters for years and actually knows everything that can go wrong.

I'm not saying it's going to be horrible, but I know better than to get my hopes up based on impressions from people who can't even recognize input delay. It's just too easy to screw up online play in a fighting game.

I didn't realize that about mullah, however I still have hope it will be ok in the end. When I see people say very negative things about the game, yet then see others praising it, then I know there has to be some middle ground. Its good to not expect it to be perfect, but at the same time it is probably not going to be terrible either. In other words, the matches we play will vary, and we have to still see if its going to improve or not with time. Its still up in the air i think.

Grifter

TurtleSnatcher said:
Kintaro. Believe me if you want. I'm not asking for your praise but that was sent to all stores yesterday. You will get your stick at least while the bn people who just ordered most def probably won't.

I'm glad to get updates, even if the details even at HQ are foggy. Do you know if all store orders have made it out yet? Some stores don't even have shipping info, does that mean shipments haven't even started in some cases?

Kintaro

TurtleSnatcher said:

I know you're just trying to help, but it's frustrating when it changes day by day. There really should have just been a solid street date for these sticks instead of what we've got going on now.

Brannon

Claw.

Boxer.

Dictator.

SHOCK HORROR REVELATION!!!!

I can't believe I just figured out why people call them that. Goddamn it! Truly, the moment I figured it out was the greatest moment of my week.

Zapages

Teknoman said:
I say you should do fine. SFIV isnt as super fast paced as SSF2T or MvC2.

Oh and from the IGN review:

Unfortunately the bulk of the online content is being reserved for a day one patch with enhanced matchmaking, a fully-featured tournament system and a replay mode all to be included. We'll follow up with a comprehensive report post release, but for now be safe in the knowledge that Street Fighter IV's online mode is satisfyingly sturdy.

Good to hear its not as fast as them... Thanks for sharing the info man. :)

Well, at least Capcom
acknowledged the existence of some Street Fighter III characters. Yun and Yang briefly showed up in Chun-Li's animé intro (Arcade Mode).

Kintaro

dfyb said:
i wish stick talk would move to the stick thread.

If you want stick talk out of the thread, why not suggest taking the sticks out of the OP? The sticks and the game are intertwined right now. All there is to it.

Plus, no one has the game and until it's released and everyone is playing, pretty much everything has already been discussed to death about the game. Just waiting for online impressions from the few who have it but they're too busy...playing it. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MicVlaD said:
Well, at least Capcom
acknowledged the existence of some Street Fighter III characters. Yun and Yang briefly showed up in Chun-Li's animé intro (Arcade Mode).

Haha I remember when I first saw that I was filled with happiness and rage all at the same time. lol.
Fuck Yun but YANG would be so awesome in SFIV. He is an EX meter beast..

Top Bottom