• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

GQman2121

Banned
Chamber said:
Yes!

YES!

YES!

I would ingest that info with a huge grain of salt. This is the same outlet that sent out false phone calls a few days ago.

It's also apparently faster to ship out individual items directly to your customers houses, than it is to ship them in balk to your stores! Makes sense to me.........:|

entraik

Banned
entraik said:
WTF.. I'm so pissed.... I ordered a Ken FightPad and SF IV (normal standard edition) weeks ago from the CAPCOM STORE when they had them both available for pre-order. I got an email today stating that they are both backordered. Hopefully I can get my money back via paypal because this is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Anyone else have similar issues?

damn guys...can I at least get my monies back???

Zertez

VictimOfGrief said:
Pre-ordered SF4 @ Gamestop yesterday.

Asked about the TE sticks and they are expecting to get some in with their shipment of SF4 that have not been spoken for yet so 17th/18th, there still is a chance to pick them up.
That store must be one of the lucky ones or he was talking out the wrong hole. The store I preordered from is only getting 1 stick total and that is mine. If it has a defect, tough luck....

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GQman2121 said:
I would ingest that info with a huge grain of salt. This is the same outlet that sent out false phone calls a few days ago.

It's also apparently faster to ship out individual items directly to your customers houses, than it is to ship them in balk to your stores! Makes sense to me.........:|
Right now I need a ray of hope from anywhere because I'm definitely not looking forward to a week of SF4 on a Dual Shock 3.

thetrin said:
HERE IT IS!

THE DAN SHIRT! AAAAND....

...it's a bit disappointing. It's not even pink. :(

Oh well, I'm the only motherfucker on Home with it!

(mostly because anyone who cares about SFIV isn't fucking around on Home)

Even though that shirt sucks, home unlockables is always awesome. I'm def planning on unlocking everything i can! for the 1st time home seems relatively relevant.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay...just got a call from my store and my sticks still did not arrive. Time to give Corp another call wondering just what the fuck is going on. Not happy one bit.

Barrett2

I bought the SE stick through B&N. When I log into B&N to view the status of my order, will it inform me once it shipped? It is still showing an "expected" ship date of 2-12... im' getting nervous.

Yea, only the 360 sticks were sent to my store. I might just cancel my pre-order if they're not in today and get a custom stick built from a guy here.

Grifter

Kintaro said:
Okay...just got a call from my store and my sticks still did not arrive. Time to give Corp another call wondering just what the fuck is going on. Not happy one bit.

Same here bro. I know more stores have gotten them today so very disappointed.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lawblob said:
I bought the SE stick through B&N. When I log into B&N to view the status of my order, will it inform me once it shipped? It is still showing an "expected" ship date of 2-12... im' getting nervous.

Yes,it will update with a tracking number and say shipped.I didn't get my shipped email till the next day,even though it already was on its way.

Kintaro

Grifter said:
Same here bro. I know more stores have gotten them today so very disappointed.

My manager did ask the UPS if there were anymore box coming, and they said their one day air just came in so there might be more later in the day....but my nerd rage must be quelled. WTF is the point of me putting down over $100 for these sticks if they don't get them when they say they're supposed to?

Barrett2

Matrix said:
Yes,it will update with a tracking number and say shipped.I didn't get my shipped email till the next day,even though it already was on its way.

Ok, good to know. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about getting the stick before launch day, if then even, but I want it!

Grifter

Kintaro said:
My manager did ask the UPS if there were anymore box coming, and they said their one day air just came in so there might be more later in the day....but my nerd rage must be quelled. WTF is the point of me putting down over $100 for these sticks if they don't get them when they say they're supposed to?

It's a fiasco considering they were at warehouses last week. If they're cheaping out on shipping, it isn't paying off.

Xabora

keanerie said:
You guys are out of control!
Restock 3 - 5 days.
http://www.shopncsx.com/sfivp3.aspx
http://www.shopncsx.com/sfivp3-2.aspx

28hju6e.jpg

Kintaro said:

I know! Let's just band the nerds together and raid the GS HQ! But it's totally weird though how 360 shipment is just fine.. Except the one guy that got Ps3 stick instead of 360 but still :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lawblob said:
Ok, good to know. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about getting the stick before launch day, if then even, but I want it!

What shipping option did you choose? If it's 2 day and it goes out today,expect to have it Monday.

qcf x2

I've never pre-ordered a game before, when will I get SF4? I did it at GameStop. Will it be there the 17th? The night of the 17th? Or do I have to wait until the 18th?

Barrett2

Chamber said:
Well let me know if it ships.

It's funny that even with my backorder, there's still a good chance I'll get the stick from B&N before Amazon.

I'll post again if I get word on the status.

Overall I am still feeling positive. It seems like for any big game there is always pre-order paranoia and anxiety, but if you just hit the pavement early on launch day and call a few stores, you can find what you are looking for. I suspect I will be able to but a CE game and a SE stick no problem if I check a few stores. So yeah, in general this is why I never pre-order anything, waiting for Amazon or some other company to mail you the item when there is a 95% chance you could just drive the mall and get it. :lol

GQman2121

Banned
DMPrince said:
I know! Let's just band the nerds together and raid the GS HQ! But it's totally weird though how 360 shipment is just fine.. Except the one guy that got Ps3 stick instead of 360 but still :lol

It's the fact that people who ordered online received their sticks days ago that's bothering me.

Spruchy

Damn luckymoon's capcom TE stick didnt come through so I know im stretching here but if anyone has an extra TE lemme know, desperate.

On another note I was wandering the mall during my break and both of them had got 1 SE stick in today since it seems like a lot of you guys are looking for em.

Etelmik

Neo Member
Shoryuken has a few people getting theirs today.

My guess is that they shipped this week and because of variations in the carriers and the distances to be shipped, some will get them today, and some tomorrow.

Doesn't make it any easier though. I haven't preordered one and I'm hoping to buy an extra or get it 48 hours later; guessing that my odds aren't too good.

Matrix

lawblob said:
Yeah, I chose 2 day, and it was scheduled to ship today.

Btw my order status on the website didnt update till night with my tracking number.I was checking my email expecting to see a ship notice or something and I didnt get one so I just happened to check my account and it had been shipped the same day even though it originally was scheduled to ship the next day.

I think I got kinda lucky.

I also didn't expect the brown packing box it was shipped in to actually have the name of the item that was in the box written on the side of it.

bumpkin

GQman2121 said:
It's the fact that people who ordered online received their sticks days ago that's bothering me.
Yeah, same here. I mean I'm not mad *at* the people who got their sticks, I'm just pissed that GameStop is treating people who reserved at B&M stores like second-class customers. I mean fuck man, why offer the same items for preorder if you aren't going to make the product available to people who got it from both at the same time? First I got the call from the automated line that said they'd be in Tuesday afternoon; went to the store and they looked at me like I had three heads. So I call the next day, and the store manager says he has no idea when they'll be in. I called again later on -- thinking maybe I simply called too early to be after shipments -- and the clerk said they'd be in the day the game comes out. Last but not least, I asked my friend who works there if they've come in yet. He said no, and they weren't even in the list on their system of incoming shipments yet. WTF!

I'm so tempted to call GS HQ and raise a huge stink, but I don't want to get my friend in trouble; sometimes calls about store issues can trickle back to the store and get people in trouble.

Darkman M

Chamber said:
No idea but it stinks. The item page has Feb 20th as the release day so I'm hoping the estimate is just way off.

:lol my Amazon one has the 24th& My bestbuy one has the 15th im about at the point to not giving a shit, im tired of checking bestbuy and amazon hourly for updates.

dfyb

Banned
from SRK:
i played a 20 match set vs kneelb4me, he lives in the same city as me, 4 bars, still a touch of input delay. we're both on 24 meg internet last time i checked (2+ meg/s speed for naruto torrents) unless he upgraded to fibreoptic. its probably not noticeable for people because the game feels clunky offline when you first pick it up, trust me, netcode isn't as good as hdr, feels better than cvs2 and ae though.

also i get a lot of 'unable to play' error messages, very annoying. its pretyt hard to get a match in , and when i do conect to someone they usually kick me out the lobby because they don't want to get beaten:rolleyes:

also, it's not rollback code. this means there's input delay. looks like i'll be sticking with local matches. really dissapointed based on these early impressions :(

Darkman M

dfyb said:
from SRK:

also, it's not rollback code. this means there's input delay. looks like i'll be sticking with local matches. really dissapointed based on these early impressions :(

That's like the first negative ive heard about online play, many others say it's on par or better then HDR online *shrugs*

dfyb

Banned
Darkman M said:
That's like the first negative ive heard about online play, many others say it's on par or better then HDR online *shrugs*
he was having other problems with SFIV on xbl:

online is currently fucked up. custom match searched don't work. quickmatch pulls up available players who are hosting but NONE are every 5/5 bars in connection strength. conections up to 3 bars are the same as playing cvs2/ae on the old xbox online. 4 bars was pretty good and i imagine 5 bars would be great. but i haven't seen any 5 bars. and today i've only see 0 bars from about 10 different people...
but he had since opened some ports and solved some of these problems i think. the stuff i quoted in my last post was more recent.

guess it could be on his end, but i'm also skeptical of positive impressions of online this early. it seems like with EVERY fighting game, online impressions are very positive at first but don't mean shit (i've even seen people in that thread claiming there wasn't much lag against japanese opponents, which is basically impossible). for me, having input lag is pretty much a deal-breaker.

i'll give it a shot, but i'm not really optimistic at this point. Ono's always stated they had to make concessions to the netcode even compared to HDR. he specifically said the rollback code was too processor-intensive for SFIV (even though, oddly enough, the GGPO dev claimed that was bullshit), which means input lag is likely present, which again is a deal-breaker for me.

GQman2121

Banned
bumpkin said:
Yeah, same here. I mean I'm not mad *at* the people who got their sticks, I'm just pissed that GameStop is treating people who reserved at B&M stores like second-class customers. I mean fuck man, why offer the same items for preorder if you aren't going to make the product available to people who got it from both at the same time? First I got the call from the automated line that said they'd be in Tuesday afternoon; went to the store and they looked at me like I had three heads. So I call the next day, and the store manager says he has no idea when they'll be in. I called again later on -- thinking maybe I simply called too early to be after shipments -- and the clerk said they'd be in the day the game comes out. Last but not least, I asked my friend who works there if they've come in yet. He said no, and they weren't even in the list on their system of incoming shipments yet. WTF!

I'm so tempted to call GS HQ and raise a huge stink, but I don't want to get my friend in trouble; sometimes calls about store issues can trickle back to the store and get people in trouble.

It's one thing to list a release date on a website and not be able to meet it. Shit happens, I think we all understand that.

However, it's a complete different story to meet that date for certain customers, then leave not only your in-store customers in the dark, but all of your staff as well. I mean, I feel sorry for what some of the guys and gals who answer the phones have to deal with because this isn't their mess.

The sad part of all of this is that someone knows exactly what the issue is, yet isn't telling anyone.

If the sticks are going to show up with the games on Tuesday (or Wednesday) then just fucking say that. Don't say they could show up tomorrow or the following day and that I should just keep calling. Is that really the proper way to run a billion dollar company?

Kintaro

bumpkin said:

I did just this. All I got was "You should contact the store..." No mother fucker, I pre-order at the store, the order goes to you, you ship out the fucking product to the stores, and stores get their shit. I was pretty fucking livid since just yesterday the girl on the line was able to try to pinpoint when a shipment should have arrived. Today, the dude just blew me off saying I should talk to the store.

So, I do call my store and there's nothing in the computer about receiving these sticks. Why the fuck did I bother pre-ordering at the store to being with when the online orders have been going out earlier and I didn't have to put down $100 of my FUCKING MONEY?

Okay, I'm assuming the worst. These sticks don't exist to me. I can survive with my VFHG if I can figure out how to mod it with the 8 way gate I got coming in. What's the next best 360 stick?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Darkman M said:
:lol my Amazon one has the 24th& My bestbuy one has the 15th im about at the point to not giving a shit, im tired of checking bestbuy and amazon hourly for updates.
I know how you feel. The stick situation is pretty ridiculous but I'm guessing Capcom and Madcatz completely underestimated the demand.

RavenFox

Banned
haunts said:
Home came out??

wow..
??????????

Also I cannot believe how you guys aren't getting your sticks. I preordered through B&N[Gamestop] and got it on Tuesday. So it seems they are honoring online but not in store preorders? Or am I one of the lucky ones?

Darkman M

Chamber said:
I know how you feel. The stick situation is pretty ridiculous but I'm guessing Capcom and Madcatz completely underestimated the demand.

Yeah, i just don't understand why they let retailers take pre-orders for more then they could provide, that what pisses me off only let retailers pre-order what you can provide then cut it off until you can provide more. I think people would be alot more appreciative of the situation.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
GQman2121 said:
HOLY SHIT @ that prices people are willing to pay on Ebay. :lol

Well it happens with everything thats very limited. I know some people ordered sticks just to resell them for a profit. :lol

Teknoman

Whats worse is that some of my fellow employees didnt open the fight stick boxes until I pointed out we were supposed to have them ready for people to purchase as well as reserves. Standard sticks, but still. They took like two out after that (one I picked up) and then left the other box still taped up.

Saw no fight pads on shelves either. You'd think they would have everything set for next week.

Kintaro

I'm just going to put it out of my mind as best as I can. If nothing by the time the games come out, I'll just cancel the 360 version until I can get a suitable stick for the system.

From top to bottom, on all sides, Mad Catz and retailers, this stick thing has been handled like dog shit and I'm tired of worrying about it. =(

so has anyone called Amazon to let them know they're asleep at the wheel w/these TE sticks?? I can only imagine how much warehouse space they're wasting holding these things..

Spy

I think some people are worrying about the stick demand a bit too much. Wait until the game comes out and then we'll see if the sticks are still as hard to get.

Top Bottom