• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I hope Ken's model have been revisited

he make The WORST jump from 2D to 3D in SF4 imo, do something with his hair for god sakes, and a better alt costume.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Ken needs to look more mean. Overall theres a few chars that need a major cosmetic overhaul. Blanka also comes to mind. Yeesh.

ShinAmano

Another thing...hopefully in training mode they will add the ability to hit a button to watch the computer pull off the combo...so frustrating was the trial/training mode for not having this feature.

he make The WORST jump from 2D to 3D in SF4 imo, do something with his hair for god sakes, and a better alt costume.
Yeah his alt was fucking horrible.

Threi

notag
GrayFoxPL said:
You miserable pile of secrets.

Have at you!

:D

I hope Cody is hard to play or retard tier. I don't want him to be overpopular like Ken.

I want to play him! Only me!

Cody won't be popular.

Guy, Dudley, and Makoto, and Ibuki have a large chance to be though

*edit*

+1 for ponytail Ken

bistromathics said:
I dunno what it used to be - somethin crossup related? her j. lk is pretty great for that

Her j.MK had a nice large hitbox and had great crossup properties because of it. In SFIV they made pretty much ONLY her foot the hitbox and it seems to be incredibly small anyway, making it still okay for a jumping attack for her, but awful compared to her old one. It cannot be used for crossups pretty much at all, now, and her j.LK has to be hit REALLY low to not give them time to recover to block/reversal any followups.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
this is one of the most popular threads on neogaf :O

hikarutilmitt said:
Her j.MK had a nice large hitbox and had great crossup properties because of it. In SFIV they made pretty much ONLY her foot the hitbox and it seems to be incredibly small anyway, making it still okay for a jumping attack for her, but awful compared to her old one. It cannot be used for crossups pretty much at all, now, and her j.LK has to be hit REALLY low to not give them time to recover to block/reversal any followups.
So hit it low. You want it to be safe anyways o_O
j.mk is all-around useless

Mr Jared

Not a fan of any of these rumors, to be honest. Ultras were already way un-balanced amongst the cast as is, and now there's possibly two Ultras per character? Without some sort of Super Art or selection system for this, I'm afraid.

Also, Alpha characters are unbearably lame. It's bad enough that the console version got nothing but these rejects, but now they want to throw in more? It's nice to see some 3S characters in there, but I think they could have done better in that regard (Ibuki is the weak link).

Speaking as a huge Zangief fan, he doesn't need an air-throw and an air-activated, most-likely-to-be-instant-Ultra-air-throw sounds like a nightmare for everyone.

I was a big nay-sayer of SF4 before I got my hands beta versions and it all turned out great.. which is why I get very concerned when I hear things like the new version "plays nothing like SF4."

Here's hoping they're just rumors :(

h3ro

Threi said:
Cody won't be popular.

Guy, Dudley, and Makoto, and Ibuki have a large chance to be though

*edit*

+1 for ponytail Ken

I could see the large East Coast 'Rog population giving Dudley a go...

I need something Capcom... a screenshot, character art, whatever, just something!

Steaks

h3ro said:
I could see the large East Coast 'Rog population giving Dudley a go...

I need something Capcom... a screenshot, character art, whatever, just something!
Good things come to those who wait, my friend.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Had a sudden flashback...

I was at Comic Con back in 08 just to play SF4. At the time I spoke with Seth and Kramez about the game before it was out. I questioned Kramez regarding the possibility of updates, balancing, more characters and DLC for the game. I can't recall his quote exactly, but he said depending on it's success, 'we have a very large road-map for Street Fighter 4'. Based on the information at hand right now, it looks like he was telling the truth.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Mr Jared said:
I was a big nay-sayer of SF4 before I got my hands beta versions and it all turned out great.. which is why I get very concerned when I hear things like the new version "plays nothing like SF4."

I seen that quoted a few times now in this thread. Who said that?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Why do people always associate me with SSFIV rumors? :lol

I cant go into #capcom these days w/o getting private messages each time. lol

h3ro

kensk said:
Arcade in Manhattan, 8 Mott Street.

Oh, awesome!

I'm definitely not good enough to be going into an arcade and playing with regulars, I'm happy being king of the scrubs with my cousins/friends in our weekend get-togethers. :D

Ledsen

Stantron said:
These rumors are getting me all hot and bothered. But I hope they don't tweak the gameplay too far from what SFIV is now. I don't like the idea of air blocking or parries at all. Hope the official news/trailer drops soon.

People have to stop talking about this... the leaks don't mention air blocking or parries at all, it's just hopes and dreams from random GAF:ers ... if this doesn't stop we'll have a GAF -> internet -> GAF :lol

Steaks

haunts said:

Better watch out, last time I got a private message when I was in #capcom, I got banned shortly after :(
h3ro said:
Oh, awesome!

I'm definitely not good enough to be going into an arcade and playing with regulars, I'm happy being king of the scrubs with my cousins/friends in our weekend get-togethers. :D
Man don't sweat it, besides, you should go to at least see the game with your own eyes on those nice ass HD monitors. People are generally pretty friendly and willing to teach you stuff too, especially most of the good players otherwise the scene would die again.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:

I heard Haunts say it. Arial Raves in SSF4 confirmed. :lol jk

GrayFoxPL

I hope "it doesn't play anything like SFIV" means that guard doesn't change the characters into untouchable fortress like in SFIV. Seriously the game is overly defensive now. I hope the air hits are also more "argumented".

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Mr Jared said:
Not a fan of any of these rumors, to be honest. Ultras were already way un-balanced amongst the cast as is, and now there's possibly two Ultras per character? Without some sort of Super Art or selection system for this, I'm afraid.

Also, Alpha characters are unbearably lame. It's bad enough that the console version got nothing but these rejects, but now they want to throw in more? It's nice to see some 3S characters in there, but I think they could have done better in that regard (Ibuki is the weak link).

Speaking as a huge Zangief fan, he doesn't need an air-throw and an air-activated, most-likely-to-be-instant-Ultra-air-throw sounds like a nightmare for everyone.

You have no idea :X

Totakeke

GrayFoxPL said:
I hope "it doesn't play anything like SFIV" means that guard doesn't change the characters into untouchable fortress like in SFIV. Seriously the game is overly defensive now. I hope the air hits are also more "argumented".

If anything, two ultras would only mean a better defensive play is needed.

Not that it automatically translates to turtling mind you.

tapedeck

Originally Posted by Johnny5Optimus View Post
ahem, lemme just add to this thread

All rumoured returners from ST(DJ,Hawk), Alpha(Final Fighters, Adon) and 3S(Dud, Mak, Ibu) are true.

Everyone has 2 Ultras.

Hakan - arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - evil asian girl fighter working for Seth.

some ppl have played this updated version and one was quoted as saying "It doesn't play anything like IV currently does."

Announcement should be made at TGS and the Japanese SF4 blog later this week.

Also, they're calling it SSF4.

believe me or not, but mark this post for tomorrow/late tonight.

annndddd im out.
Thats where it came from. Just one kids interpretation, and no real explanation , but thats where it started.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr Jared said:

Many many many players want some Alpha characters, i like the new roster. (If true)

Are you still working in HOME ?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bistromathics said:
this is one of the most popular threads on neogaf :O

Thanks ;)

Its pretty awesome to see the cycle of complaining happen. When the game came out a sizable group of people bitched that it wasnt anything like a SF game (I disagree) and now that a new version/update/game is rumored to play differently, people are bitching again.

Bitching is good though, show that you care. Personally Id rather have more new characters, but eh, I like most of the names Im hearing.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
haunts said:
I'll admit, I thought about dropping the TVC new characters bomb like 6 months ago.. :p

We should make a new SF IV thread or update this one! :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Mr Jared said:

2 Ultras increases the odds of someone having a good one. I think it will be the reverse of what you expect. 90% of the time people will just use one.

As for the Alphas- I prefer the SFA2 cast to the ST cast. I would have killed for Birdie in this.

Worst case, if this ends up mess, go back to SF4, or even STHD.

hitsugi

LeMaximilian said:
SF4 could really benefit from a CVS2 style guard break. Could change the pace of a battle dramatically.

I've been thinking of this since.. well, pre-SF4 release. Hopefully it gets added... yes - exactly as it was in cvs2.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LeMaximilian said:
SF4 could really benefit from a CVS2 style guard break. Could change the pace of a battle dramatically.

I would be a god in this game if there was guard break... you know its true! lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
arstal said:
Worst case, if this ends up mess, go back to SF4, or even STHD.
I don't wanna be one of those guys though :(
Smash Bros Melee was the only 'fighter' I got serious about prior to sf4, and I hated the changes in brawl. But 90% of the community moved to brawl. Fortunately that freed up a gaming genre slot for SF4, so it all worked out in the end :D

AZ Greg

Wow, this thread blew up in just a few hours. :lol

Here's hoping the rumors are true. Of course, if the changes are as drastic as they are said to be then there is some concern that everything will work to make a good game. What I do like about this approach is that it won't make vanilla SF4 obsolete like a small revision would have.

tapedeck

TimeKillr said:
I will re-iterate:

This kid only took what was posted on another forum, added smilies and claimed as his own.

He's not the original source. :) But the source he took the info from is legitimate (it's mine, in fact :lol )
Yeah I think everyone pretty much knows your the source. :) I was just regurgitating the info that was in this thread, thats funny that kid claimed it as his own, lulz. So when we gettin a trailer??

BitchTits

At the risk of this getting lost in the SF4 Dash hype I have a Q for Rose players:

What's the best way to combo her Super? I often go for j.MK, cr.HP, fireball, super (sometimes misses the fireball and just Super from the cr.HP). The only problem is often opponents counter before the Super comes out (after the cr.HP basically). I don't know if this is to do with my timing, or just what I'm doing in general, would MP be better to use instead of HP?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so what is the bidding on:

2 either/or selectable super art ultras.
each character having a kick and punch ultra.
separate ultras for different grades of the ultra meter.

TimeKillr

tapedeck said:
Yeah I think everyone pretty much knows your the source. :) I was just regurgitating the info that was in this thread, thats funny that kid claimed it as his own, lulz. So when we gettin a trailer??

Actually, it isn't me.

I wish it was me, since I could give out, you know, better information, but everything I have is told to me from someone else.

He reads gaf, though, and that's why I edited my old post - he told me I had incorrect info in there.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I hope Ken's model have been revisited

yeah a lot of SFIV characters have a bizarre cromagnon thing going

BitchTits said:
At the risk of this getting lost in the SF4 Dash hype I have a Q for Rose players:

What's the best way to combo her Super? I often go for j.MK, cr.HP, fireball, super (sometimes misses the fireball and just Super from the cr.HP). The only problem is often opponents counter before the Super comes out (after the cr.HP basically). I don't know if this is to do with my timing, or just what I'm doing in general, would MP be better to use instead of HP?

Go for her forward moving drill type move and cancel out of that. Keeps you close for the super and isn't as hard to time properly. I'm not sure the fireball is reliable for most combos and distances, the "drill" goes right to them and gives you a closer range and more hits to cancel from.

Dascu

BitchTits said:

Yeah, try using a different normal. Also, some fireballs travel faster/slower depending on which punch button you use. Make sure you're using the HP variant (which I think is the fastest).

GrayFoxPL

AZ Greg said:
Wow, this thread blew up in just a few hours. :lol

Here's hoping the rumors are true. Of course, if the changes are as drastic as they are said to be then there is some concern that everything will work to make a good game. What I do like about this approach is that it won't make vanilla SF4 obsolete like a small revision would have.

I'm afraid we're taking the rumors bit too far. By morning we'll have locked that SFIV has a side-scrolling beat'em up mode and that all character are actually SD versions and fight in go-karts. Plus consoles get exclusive characters from Lord of the Rings.
We must slow down...

By the way, you speaketh rightful things. I'd rather have SSF4 and SF4 to be so different so they can coexist.

Top Bottom