• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

fubarduck said:
People who played the build in Tokyo for a private TGS event just weren't very close-lipped. Sure, they could still change things, but the current build has everything that has been stated.

I fear change.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
kensk said:
If you actually knew/played high level 3s you would pretty much despise parries. I don't think many people on GAF know how retarded, complex and powerful option selects involving parries are. I played tournament 3s for years and... eh, the game is really really fun, but the game should not have had a long lasting tournament scene.
Nothing better to reinforce DP > All than the free parry it gives you.

TimeKillr

***INFO is inaccurate - removed***

I'll post more info later.

Do not take this as "oh no someone asked him to remove it". I just was told that the info was a bit incorrect, so I'm taking it down.

And I'm now shutting up about the rest, btw.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Threi said:
Its fun to watch when someone has it completely down but FA is the superior move.

Despite not looking so, a comeback without the parry system would be more impressive.

Agree that it's a higher learning curve compared to FA in terms of mastering. But such a simple intuitive move generally. Feels way more natural than pressing mp+mk together. And red parries are dope as well.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
TimeKillr said:
Air blocking: I have no idea.

Once again, I can confirm the rest of the big rumors though.

I know a few tidbits of storyline information, if you want it:

The game apparently takes place one year after SF4.

If you remember, Dudley was searching for a rare car. In SSF4, he's searching for a Rose!

T.Hawk's storyline apparently revolves around him protecting Juni (or Juli, I don't remember which exactly) since she was a member of his tribe who got brainwashed by Shadowloo.

Ibuki apparently has a "run" command. Feels weird to me, but hey.

Dudley has new chains (10, up one from 3s).

Cody's knife and such are in. My source seems to think one of his Ultras requires his knife to be in hand.
Do you have any idea if you can cancel into ultra now?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Threi said:
Its fun to watch when someone has it completely down but FA is the superior move.

Despite not looking so, a comeback without the parry system would be more impressive.

Parry returning would make me quit SF. Parries and Customs were the reason SF didn't stay big after 2.

Let's put it this way- Parries were the reason I became a long-time KOF player.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
TGS still has a few days left. If a build is playable with all the new characters, then there's gotta be a trailer. Seems weird as hell you bring a game to TGS that's a fully realized build and show it off to a super private audience without a trailer at least.

fubarduck

Apparently the new game engine feature is called "Tadan Saving" (多段セービング) in Japanese which implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level focus attack.

PhatSaqs

Banned
fubarduck said:
Apparently the new game engine feature is called "Tadan Saving" (多段セービング) in Japanese which implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level focus attack.
Or maybe multiple level of FADCs as in meter dependent? Hmm.

tapedeck

fubarduck said:
Nice, they enhanced the FA. Maybe it can absorb more hits with meter? Or hits more times?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
fubarduck said:
EX focus? shit's off the chain...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
fubarduck said:

Maybe it would use another meter besides super/revenge. I can only imagine how much it could change the game if focus attacks became multi hit.

Askia47

fubarduck said:
Yep, arcade-exclusive for the first few months just like the first one.

OK , good so this will be locke tested first, and balanced out hopefully.

Also, how the hell is everything leaking? :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Man, I can't wait to see these characters fully realized in the SF4 style 3d rendering. Animations, voice work...shit just got taken to a whole.....nudda.....lebol. :lol /dudleyfreakout

TimeKillr

Askia47 said:
OK , good so this will be locke tested first, and balanced out hopefully.

Also, how the hell is everything leaking? :lol

Lots of information became available suddenly! :)

I've had most of mine for a couple of days now, but I didn't want to be the first person to talk about it.

And it's now "old" information, meaning that it was not wholly accurate.

I'll be there if the console characters get put back in (expected) and they balance the game a bit more. They did horrible, horrible thing to my Sakura. :(

LeMaximilian said:
Man, I can't wait to see these characters fully realized in the SF4 style 3d rendering. Animations, voice work...shit just got taken to a whole.....nudda.....lebol. :lol /dudleyfreakout
hopefully Ibuki and Makoto don't look ridiculous
speaking of those two...

Are custom matchup intros in?

Man, this sounds awesome, but I hope they dont make the game so offensive based like alpha. We need the sf3 balance! Hell, 4 already feels a million times better than alpha, so Im begging for some nonregression here.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
hikarutilmitt said:
I'll be there if the console characters get put back in (expected) and they balance the game a bit more. They did horrible, horrible thing to my Sakura. :(
what? what?

man what happened, everyone is going off about something.

fubarduck

hikarutilmitt said:

Apparently, the six console characters are in but no playable Seth or Gouken.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LeMaximilian said:

Word. Capcom has gotta recreate Makoto faithfully.

Dizzy-4U

My level of hype is equal to the one I had when SFIV was announced. I hope all this is true or I'm going to murder someone.

I'm sooo tired right now, F5s the street fighter blogs all day.

tapedeck

fubarduck said:
wut. Well I hope thats just the build they were playing and not permanent. Gouken is my guy.

fubarduck said:

What the..? I can understand (and am glad of) Seth not being playable but why Gouken? Are they going to escalate him to actual boss status or something?

And I want j.mk on Sakura to go back to its previous awesomeness.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Shito said:
SSF4?

Shit, yesterday Markman was hinting at "super" for the name of the new version...
Markman! Come here!
Was it blind luck or is this thing starting to get real? :D

I'm not blind!

LakeEarth

Yikes. Fingers crossed that this all leads to a better product. I think SFIV is near perfect, and just more characters well balanced added would've been fine. I trust they know what they're doing, but air ultras, more ultras, etc, a little scary that they could make the tier problems even worse.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Really glad how quick we're getting an update to SF4 tho. All things considered, the game's great, it's still a blast...but the mechanics of the system were fleshed out pretty quickly. There hasn't been some amazing new thing someone learned about the system for awhile now. Even with all the tricks of the trade at your disposal, against someone else who understands the same...SF4 turns into the biggest mind game possible.

For all things fighting games, that's actually really damn cool...but it wouldn't hurt for a little more substance. Don't take this as me hating on SF4, I still love the game to death, haha

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
wow i'm gonna stop reading this thread till something official comes out. my brain can't quite grasp what is happening.

LakeEarth said:
Yikes. Fingers crossed that this all leads to a better product. I think SFIV is near perfect, and just more characters well balanced added would've been fine. I trust they know what they're doing, but air ultras, more ultras, etc, a little scary that they could make the tier problems even worse.
Yea, that's how I'm feeling right now.

hikarutilmitt said:
And I want j.mk on Sakura to go back to its previous awesomeness.
I dunno what it used to be - somethin crossup related? her j. lk is pretty great for that

Stantron

These rumors are getting me all hot and bothered. But I hope they don't tweak the gameplay too far from what SFIV is now. I don't like the idea of air blocking or parries at all. Hope the official news/trailer drops soon.

LakeEarth said:

Honestly, that's all I was hoping for too. All this crazy shit they're adding is making me kinda nervous.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I hope Ken's model have been revisited

he make The WORST jump from 2D to 3D in SF4 imo, do something with his hair for god sakes, and a better alt costume.

h3ro

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I hope Ken's model have been revisited

he make The WORST jump from 2D to 3D in SF4 imo, do something with his hair for god sakes, and a better alt costume.

Pony-tail Ken ftw

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God damn it... someone leak some video or something. I need confirmation that this shit is as pimp as I think it is. Character art for the newbies at least.... ;_;

Top Bottom