• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
bdizzle said:
lol i was about to say, bistro would disagree.
hehe, ok, so he was talkin about classic sakura -> sf4 sakura changes, not sf4 -> sf4 dash sakura changes.

i guess there are 1 or 2 new tiny asian girls rumored for dash, so maybe a new main will come out of all this :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
BitchTits said:
At the risk of this getting lost in the SF4 Dash hype I have a Q for Rose players:

What's the best way to combo her Super? I often go for j.MK, cr.HP, fireball, super (sometimes misses the fireball and just Super from the cr.HP). The only problem is often opponents counter before the Super comes out (after the cr.HP basically). I don't know if this is to do with my timing, or just what I'm doing in general, would MP be better to use instead of HP?

I usually do soul spiral to super, works every time.

Mr Jared

BitchTits said:
At the risk of this getting lost in the SF4 Dash hype I have a Q for Rose players:

What's the best way to combo her Super? I often go for j.MK, cr.HP, fireball, super (sometimes misses the fireball and just Super from the cr.HP). The only problem is often opponents counter before the Super comes out (after the cr.HP basically). I don't know if this is to do with my timing, or just what I'm doing in general, would MP be better to use instead of HP?

* > Soul Spiral > Super

Pretty much your only hope to land her super involves a 2-in-1 Soul Spiral into Super. It's also extremely easy to mash-out ... or what us experts refer to as hit confirm :lol

Also, and I'm not sure if Saqs would agree (being the only other Rose player on the planet), but I'd suggest saving pretty much all your meter with your goal being to land the super. With the exception of EX Soul Throw, her EX moves aren't worth the meter, so Rose's Super becomes her only decent way to deal damage. Just wear them down with pokes and save up for the Super. That was my gameplan.

KAL2006

Banned
My HYPE has gone to crazy levels, what time is it in Tokyo now, here in the UK its 8PM and I want to hear something official before 1AM (5 hours)

When can we expect any kind of official announcement about this SF4 update if it exists?

Also this'll probably get lost in all the update hype, but is there any way to see how much you've done of an achievement? Perhaps on a website somewhere. Like SF4's Get 300something Flashy Finishers, anyway to find out how many one already has?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Mr Jared said:
* > Soul Spiral > Super

Pretty much your only hope to land her super involves a 2-in-1 Soul Spiral into Super. It's also extremely easy to mash-out ... or what us experts refer to as hit confirm :lol

Also, and I'm not sure if Saqs would agree (being the only other Rose player on the planet), but I'd suggest saving pretty much all your meter with your goal being to land the super. With the exception of EX Soul Throw, her EX moves aren't worth the meter, so Rose's Super becomes her only decent way to deal damage. Just wear them down with pokes and save up for the Super. That was my gameplan.
Maybe I should use your tips. Im a FADC whore :lol

toneroni

LakeEarth said:
Yikes. Fingers crossed that this all leads to a better product. I think SFIV is near perfect, and just more characters well balanced added would've been fine. I trust they know what they're doing, but air ultras, more ultras, etc, a little scary that they could make the tier problems even worse.
feel the same way...

Can't wait to check it out at ctown fair and get wrecked there :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
voodoopanda said:
Also this'll probably get lost in all the update hype, but is there any way to see how much you've done of an achievement? Perhaps on a website somewhere. Like SF4's Get 300something Flashy Finishers, anyway to find out how many one already has?
nope

PhatSaqs said:
Maybe I should use your tips. Im a FADC whore :lol
how could you not be, they're so hot to pull off

Stuneseht

voodoopanda said:
When can we expect any kind of official announcement about this SF4 update if it exists?

The medals that you earn within the game are the closest things to giving you this kind of information.

LakeEarth

voodoopanda said:

If you believe the rumors, we'll hear some sort of official word today or tomorrow.

Imm0rt4l

fubarduck said:
Apparently, the six console characters are in but no playable Seth or Gouken.
didn't someone just alude to Gouken having a 2nd ultra(forget what its called) a couple pages back? I main Gouken, the motherfucker better be in this game.

Leunam

Imm0rt4l said:
didn't someone just alude to Gouken having a 2nd ultra(forget what its called) a couple pages back? I main Gouken, the motherfucker better be in this game.

Denjin Hadouken. Unblockable, chargeable, and dealt enormous stun.

fubarduck

Imm0rt4l said:

My source referred to "the six console characters" so I assumed Sakura, Fei Long, Gen, Dan, Rose, Cammy. I think of Gouken as a console character, although I suppose he's technically in the arcade version so that could explain it. I don't see any logical reason for them to not include Gouken, but if someone claims he has Denjin, he's probably in.

Also . . . in case nobody thought about it, Denjin Hadouken would be way too good in a game with no parries! :lol

Imm0rt4l

Leunam said:
Denjin Hadouken. Unblockable, chargeable, and dealt enormous stun.
oh denjin from sf3, that'd be siiick. Gouken already does a good amount of stun though, one of the only good things about him. I can already picture my options after a whiffed denjin.

fubarduck said:
My source referred to "the six console characters" so I assumed Sakura, Fei Long, Gen, Dan, Rose, Cammy. I think of Gouken as a console character, although I suppose he's technically in the arcade version so that could explain it. I don't see any logical reason for them to not include Gouken, but if someone claims he has Denjin, he's probably in.

Also . . . in case nobody thought about it, Denjin Hadouken would be way too good in a game with no parries! :lol

I'd really like to see him in the arcade version just like akuma

My dick is hard....

Cowie

BitchTits said:

Personally, I'm a big fan of cr.mp, lk spiral, super.. the damage is a tiny bit lower, but the cr.mp is such a good move that it's worth it. Also, the spiral is super easy to hit confirm since the opponent glows afterward, and you have a decent bit of time to execute the super.

But if you're jumping in, a standing mp might be a bit better.. that way if it's blocked you're a bit better off. I dunno.

BitchTits

Thanks to everyone who suggest Soul Spiral to combo into Super, never thought of that. Will hop into training mode and give it a try before taking it into a match.

Nice one. :)

Edit: Much easier to do than I expected, just used it in a couple of matches and came out every time I wanted it to. :D

Degen

fubarduck said:

So what you're saying is...
parry confirmed

fubarduck said:

Why is that? I'm not familiar with it beyond seeing it in youtube videos.

Will they include a stun bar?

And Gouki/Akuma's second ultra is an air fireball? Yawn. I'd rather the fireball or uppercut.

Ibuki, I understand having the air ultra.

I want this game so bad.

Are there going to be new alternate costumes? Is Boss Seth going to be like TS Gill, where they souped him up to God levels?

Oh, oh...I'm falling into the trap too.

prodystopian said:
Why is that? I'm not familiar with it beyond seeing it in youtube videos.
you can't block it; it must be parried or jumped over
ideal situation is to use it on your opponent's wakeup after you knock them down.

Leunam said:
No, it's just unblockable. Can't block. Can only parry or gtfo.

And the problem is the dizzying and redizzying possibilities. Imagine if Ryu hits you with a red hado, a combo like the four jab+roundhouse Daigo combo and then knocks you down. He hits you with the ultra when you're getting up and bam, you're dizzy. No fun. Makoto was another character who suffered from this. But...this game does have damage scaling.

But is the game going to have a stun meter. Not interested in guard break. If someone is blocking too much, throw them or chip 'em to death.

Haunts...freaking A3/CVS2 Sagat with his retarded low fierce shenanigans. I think guard break only worked in SNK games (like KOF). The Capcom version made it too abusable.

My level of hype is on high too. When I finally look upon the pictures, it'll be like when I saw the pictures for SSF2 or SF2CE.

The only difference between now and then is I'm old (sooo old) and no arcade to play it at :(

hikarutilmitt said:
Her j.MK had a nice large hitbox and had great crossup properties because of it. In SFIV they made pretty much ONLY her foot the hitbox and it seems to be incredibly small anyway, making it still okay for a jumping attack for her, but awful compared to her old one. It cannot be used for crossups pretty much at all, now, and her j.LK has to be hit REALLY low to not give them time to recover to block/reversal any followups.

It needs to stay that way too, damn your Sakura :lol

I'm on the hype train.

But yea, hopefully it doesn't have a guard meter/break system. I have to block tiger shots all day anyways. I don't think it would work with this game, unless they changed more things around.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
zomg zomg zomg zomg

i'm bouncing around my office chair like an asshole

can't wait for official details to drop

i'm gonna freak the fuck out

see you NYC kids on mott st, btw - i'm the 5'6'' skinny bearded brown guy that's whooping your monkey ass with guile

jon bones said:
see you NYC kids on mott st, btw - i'm the 5'6'' skinny bearded brown guy that's whooping your monkey ass with guile

The same Motts Street where Sanford, J.Wong, Marn, Arturo Sanchez, Joe and others play at...

You might want to bring a can of nuts to put all of that salt on. JK.

The first time I played SFIV was at CTF. I 1) had no idea how to play the game and 2) could not come to grips with the Sanwa setup. The game cost a $1 to play too.

Steaks

I don't recall losing to any Guiles at CF :D

I've fallen behind the times though, but catching up is easy for me in new games... I can hang with some tough customers in 4 for sure though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm just playing - i'm far from tournament ready, i just play for fun :lol :lol

i went there before the console release and got owned severely

went back twice since then and did pretty well with guile - except this vega kept running my shit

excited to go again though!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Degen said:
So what you're saying is...
parry confirmed

or maybe something goofy, like it's one hit, and hitting the fb damages Gouken.

I am 100% convinced Parry won't be in the game. Capcom learned their lesson- and Ono hates parry as is.

We'll see Alpha Counters before parries.

If I might chime in...

The parry system was amazing, even as someone who didn't fully understand how to use it in every situation I still saw how much it added to the complexity of SFIII.

Would love to see it return proper.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Now that the current console only characters will be in the arcades with this update it'll be interesting to see where people in Japan will take Gen, especially if he's improved. And I'm trying to picture Makoto's walking animation and huge ass hands and feet in 3D but it kinda scares me.

Steaks

permutated said:
If I might chime in...

The parry system was amazing, even as someone who didn't fully understand how to use it in every situation I still saw how much it added to the complexity of SFIII.

Would love to see it return proper.
Seeing parry utilized to its full potential makes me want to throw up a little.

Just saying. While it only only added some complexity, it removed a lot of it too, and also was just needlessly hilarious and dumb in a lot of situations. Option selects are too good.

Top Bottom