• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Mr Jared

I'd rather any update to SF4 be a disc release rather than a DLC update because it will increase visibility for any potential players. Also, personally speaking, it's Street Fighter, so it's not like having to pay full-price really factors into my buying decision.

I'll pay $40 to have my Able buffed, hell I'd pay £40 just to remove Falling sky from my move set so it doesn't randomly come out at inopportune times. That said, waiting for an official source on this is killing me...

fauxtrot

Banned
hai guys! if you are going to be playing fighters regularly, you'll have to get used to paying full price every time they do any decent sized update. K? thx.

edit: a dev is adding one or two characters to the game? sure, maybe we'd see it as DLC... gameplay mechanics changing? full price BABAYY.

Alucrid

Banned
kensk said:
I payed 60 dollars, how is that 10 more dollars than 60 dollars?

Also 10 brand new characters, along with what I can only assume are more features over the original console release, probably warrants a brand new disc release. This is assuming of course, they do add more features. It would suck to pay 60 dollars for only 10 new characters. If they add stuff like more extensive tutorials in game, better netplay, and replays for everything ever, then I would pay 60 dollars for this no problem.

Of course, considering the time I'd put into the game, it would be worth 60 dollars anyway, I probably put entire days of my time into SF4, so whatever. I got miles out of that price.

Agreed. I would really like to see how some of the new-old characters handle in this game. I have no problem paying for this, I just hope there isn't another LE...because I know I will have to buy it. :lol

I would disagree. A new/upgrade SF game is no different than a new Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Joe Madden, NBA2K, NHL or the SNES-era SF releases, etc.

They're adding new moves, 10 new characters, possible new features, aesthetic enhancements and new modes, so why isn't it worth the full price?

KOFs come out every year, using the same tired old sprites, except for XII, and SNKP will charge full price (it's only because they don't sell well over here that they reduced the price of the last few PS2, Wii, PSP titles).

But I could also see from the standpoint that Namco released Tekken5DR at a much cheaper price than the PS2 Tekken5 on PS3, Capcom re-released Lost Planet with new content for $20 or so dollars, etc.

And it probably would be in Capcom's interest to release it as a disc release in the retail channel and a DLC upgrade for past users.

Dizzy-4U

Tsk, I'd pay 60 bucks for half of the new roster alone.

I'm sooo tired right now but I don't want to go to sleep =(. Hoping for the best in the next couple of hours.

ViktVaughn said:
hai guys! if you are going to be playing fighters regularly, you'll have to get used to paying full price every time they do any decent sized update. K? thx.

Jesus, I'm just happy it's not like Blazblue where the updates are announce before the title's released in my territory. That said I think price is a non-issue; if you've played SF4 to the extent where 10 characters and balance updates are a big deal to you then I'm sure you'll get more than enough time and enjoyment from those extra $60 when it comes out.

If anything I'm really excited over the possibilty of SF4 making jumps in refinements through iterations to the same extent as SF3 New Generation to 3S.

Teknopathetic said:
Both KOF and Blazblue were 60$. SCIV, too.

Wasn't Blazblue $50 for the standard edition and $60 for the SE?

Also, I hope they let us unlock the alt costumes through play this time instead of charging for it, especially since the DLC from SF4 (probably?) won't be compatible with the new disc.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Fuerte's cross-up is the worse in the game, the hit box is pretty small, and rarely works on the women in this game
Nah its not too bad.. just gotta learn how to space it.

I learned a trick from Buktooth and its what I do all the time.. works a good majority of the time.

fauxtrot

Banned
yep, just be glad you're not getting the shaft like europeans w/ blazblue... also, any time you hear anything about "core gameplay mechanics" being changed, that's fighting game developer lingo for "full price BABAAYY!!"

edit: people still play w/o arcade sticks? good lawd!

Yeah, but Aksys is re-releasing Blazblue with a new character...

Now THAT would be a crime if they charge $60. And I'd say they're worse than Capcom when it comes to fighting game upgrades. How many versions of GGXX were there?

"Wasn't Blazblue $50 for the standard edition and $60 for the SE?"

Maybe, but there was no standard edition at launch, IIRC, so it was pretty much 60$.

Korigama

letsbereasonable said:
Wasn't Blazblue $50 for the standard edition and $60 for the SE?

They were the same price (the standard edition didn't drop to $50 until recently).

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, but Aksys is re-releasing Blazblue with a new character...

Now THAT would be a crime if they charge $60. And I'd say they're worse than Capcom when it comes to fighting game upgrades. How many versions of GGXX were there?

Only one character has been officially confirmed so far because the game was just announced (the game's loke test hasn't even started yet).

fauxtrot

Banned
you know what i'd love to see in SSF4? an option to turn OFF input shortcuts. i don't need dragon punches coming out on me unexpectedly, i have been doing them just fine for at least 15 years thank you very much!

Can we get lobbies in the new SF4?

How about the chance for charge characters to have (multiple) ultra setups like ryu and rufus? (bison jump punch as only setup?) I just want a charge character to win a tournament.

SF4 is pretty exciting as is. Can you imagine playing a parry game on a 2 or 3 bar connection? Hearing about parry systems makes a noob like me make my head spin.

Cowie

DryEyeRelief said:
I was playing on a friend's PS3 today w/o my stick.

I don't know how you pad people do it.

This weekend i played a really impressive viper.. who plays solely on a 360 controller. His flawless execution was pretty baffling.

vg260

Lyonaz said:
OMG. Day. One. if true!

YaY for Sonic Hurricane for my shitty Guile. :D

I'm gonna be so happy if they buff up Guile. He's who I use 90% of the time. If they make him powerful enough that he becomes overused, I sure as heck don't deserve any flak. Like many Guile players, I've earned my lumps by sticking with him in SFIV. In some ways I kinda like him being weaker because he's kind of a niche character in SFIV and wins are more satisfying and hard-earned.

That and I'm jazzed about Dudley (if true). He was the only one that kept my interest in SF3. He was a perfect fit with the "World Warrior" stereotypes.

The new Mad Catz pads & stick supposed to come out this fall, right? I would think it unlikely that a new version of SFIV would be out this year, but Capcom seems to have a pretty full lineup for early next year and not much this holiday(?). Could this be coming sooner than we think? If not, could we see a third wave of accessories if the new version comes out early next year?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
UC1 said:
The frame data lies =/ this shouldn't work, and there's a few other things which also shouldn't work but still do.
That reminds me...earlier today, I did a sakura cross-under on an e. honda player, and upon landing he popped out with an ultra. Do crossups on charge characters not undo their charge? Or did he throw it out in the direction he was charging it for, and the ultra auto-corrected and it came out the opposite way?

TofuEater

I had some good matches against a Akuma yesterday

He corner raped me for the first set (sagat)

I then picked Ryu, still lost but had a better time fighting his akuma.

God damn combo string that takes away like 1/3 of your life.

CPS2

bistromathics said:
That reminds me...earlier today, I did a sakura cross-under on an e. honda player, and upon landing he popped out with an ultra. Do crossups on charge characters not undo their charge? Or did he throw it out in the direction he was charging it for, and the ultra auto-corrected and it came out the opposite way?

I think this is most likely. You can add like 2-3 (maybe 4?) inputs after a special move and it still works, and afaik this gap can be anything, even nothing. So it could be like charge, f,b,f, wait, get crossed up, PPP, ultra.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
OMG orgasm! Not much of a surprise but this is the best gaming news ala TGS. To think we're getting all this in just half a year of release. Capcom is generous these days. That's why they are the best publisher/developer this generation. :D

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kadey said:
OMG orgasm! Not much of a surprise but this is the best gaming news ala TGS. To think we're getting all this in just half a year of release. Capcom is generous these days. That's why they are the best publisher/developer this generation. :D
Easy now...no official word on anything, yet. Best to manage expectations.

fauxtrot

Banned
2&2 said:
I'm gonna be so happy if they buff up Guile. He's who I use 90% of the time. If they make him powerful enough that he becomes overused, I sure as heck don't deserve any flak. Like many Guile players, I've earned my lumps by sticking with him in SFIV. In some ways I kinda like him being weaker because he's kind of a niche character in SFIV and wins are more satisfying and hard-earned.

That and I'm jazzed about Dudley (if true). He was the only one that kept my interest in SF3. He was a perfect fit with the "World Warrior" stereotypes.

The new Mad Catz pads & stick supposed to come out this fall, right? I would think it unlikely that a new version of SFIV would be out this year, but Capcom seems to have a pretty full lineup for early next year and not much this holiday(?). Could this be coming sooner than we think? If not, could we see a third wave of accessories if the new version comes out early next year?

in a word, no. capcom will no doubt put this in arcades first... my guess would be a console release this spring at the earliest. i REALLY want to eat my words on this, though. :D

vulva

bistromathics said:
k4atd0.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bistromathics said:

It's inevitable. Milk it for all it's worth while the popularity is at an all time high since the early games. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Oh, and they better fix online play.

Xevren

Kadey said:
It's inevitable. Milk it for all it's worth while the popularity is at an all time high since the early games. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Oh, and they better fix online play.

Better online is all I really want. I love SF 4 but it seems pretty meh online to me.

Steaks

Hah, that kara-taunt thing from earlier does work... and it works with Dan's super taunt -> Ultra. Wish I put that in my video :(

Top Bottom