• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

kensk said:
Hah, that kara-taunt thing from earlier does work... and it works with Dan's super taunt -> Ultra. Wish I put that in my video :(

:lol I take it you can punish a miss-judged crouching forwards to hadoken cancel with it? If so it would make me one happy bunny given my buddy mains Ken and often misjudges them (Able ultra/fierce super for the win)

SSJChar

Teknopathetic said:
"it also irks me that capcom games usually cost 10 dollars more than most other games"

Wut.

what the hell, is it only a canadian thing? Both RE5 and SF4 were 69.99 at launch, whereas pretty much every other game i've bought was 59 bucks. hell i think RE5 is STILL 69.99 maybe games are 69.99 here normally and ive been only buying during some sort of deal, i dont know, but i do know that SF4 was my most expensive game without a peripheral.

Dizzy-4U

I just went to gametrailers and saw a pic in the video section and my first reaction was: "Akuma!!!" and then I saw the title and it was the new Dynasty Warrior game. I seriously need some sleep =/

JEKKI

Spiderjericho said:
I'm going to go work for a big company and start teasing you in something you love. :(
word. I think I may kno something about there gonna be sum kinda burrito released alongside Tekken 7.

the ingredients are secret :X

MarkMan said:
http://twitter.com/markman23

4th post down.

Don't fuck with me. *throat slicing motion*

Mark, we of the Street Fighter League, have endeavored to allow you the opportunity to freely give us information regarding the new Street Fighter. However, you have decided to assume feminine characteristics, ie cock teasing.

We will no longer be denied our fighting repast. The third twitter down sarcastically says "Super Street Fighter IV!? Who would have guessed!" about 9 hours ago from web

Until you tell us more, we will deny your aural entertainment and Asian pop idol Leah Dizon. We have her prisoner and have her in Brooklyn.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spiderjericho said:
Mark, we of the Street Fighter League, have endeavored to allow you the opportunity to freely give us information regarding the new Street Fighter. However, you have decided to assume feminine characteristics, ie cock teasing.

We will no longer be denied our fighting repast. The third twitter down sarcastically says "Super Street Fighter IV!? Who would have guessed!" about 9 hours ago from web

Until you tell us more, we will deny your aural entertainment and Asian pop idol Leah Dizon. We have her prisoner and have her in Brooklyn.

hahahhaha good one, this had me rolling...

I seriously don't know anything about what everyone is talking about, I'm just trolling.

TEKKEN 6!

Well its especially a cocktease now that the major game news sites are reporting on it.

Super Street Fighter IV is a far less effective name to communicate what's going on than something like Street Fighter IV: Championship Edition or :Hyper Edition or :Round 2 or :2nd Impact. I really would like to know what Capcom's reasoning behind the semiology here, because it reads really oddly. Ironically, 'super' is not a very common superlative these days, whereas SFIV : something is now mainstay game culture parlance. X : Y where X is the franchise and Y is the iteration.

What the fuck am I saying? Knowing Capcom, it will probably be "Super Street Fighter IV: I Need Gun Bullets For My Bullet Gun".

I was hoping that the title was Street Fighter IV: 2nd Round like the MK controllers, but from all indication that isn't the case.

None of this diminishes my love for Street Fighter IV or Dan Hibiki in any way.

MarkMan said:
hahahhaha good one, this had me rolling...

I seriously don't know anything about what everyone is talking about, I'm just trolling.

TEKKEN 6!

We are not to be taken lightly. Your Princess Dizon has been moved to Bowser's Castle. If you do not wish her beauty to be singed by liquid MAGMA, you will tell us everything you know.

Spiderjericho said:
We are not to be taken lightly. Your Princess Dizon has been moved to Bowser's Castle. If you do not wish her beauty to be singed by liquid MAGMA, you will tell us everything you know.
He said Tekken 6, which could only mean one thing...

:^o

Markman, don't make me call out to work tomorrow, drive my ass down to Mission Valley and throw roses at the Mad Catz building windows dressed as Dudley!!

Spill the damn beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynar

SSJChar said:
what the hell, is it only a canadian thing? Both RE5 and SF4 were 69.99 at launch, whereas pretty much every other game i've bought was 59 bucks. hell i think RE5 is STILL 69.99 maybe games are 69.99 here normally and ive been only buying during some sort of deal, i dont know, but i do know that SF4 was my most expensive game without a peripheral.

sf4 was $59.99 at launch in southern ontario when I bought it and they upped the price shortly after

Xevren

What'd you do to get banned?

Started picking up Gen and that dude is AWESOME! I already knew how to piano key since I used to play Honda a lot, so going from standing mk to hands is pretty natural.

Threi

notag
MIMIC said:
I don't even know :lol I just got a message saying that it was something I said in the "peanut thread". Totally unspecific.
yeah people tend to get banned for stupid reasons on this forum.

MIMIC

Banned
Something I noticed with Fuerte:

I thought I was crazy until I tested it out in training mode. It happened to me a lot online and I just thought it was the damn lag. If you do Fuerte's back run and stop it too fast, he'll RESTART the back run

QCB + lp > lp = back run, stop, back run. I turned on the inputs and couldn't pick my jaw off of the floor.

Threi

notag
MIMIC said:
Something I noticed with Fuerte:

I thought I was crazy until I tested it out in training mode. It happened to me a lot online and I just thought it was the damn lag. If you do Fuerte's back run and stop it too fast, he'll RESTART the back run

QCB + lp > lp = back run, stop, back run. I turned on the inputs and couldn't pick my jaw off of the floor.
maybe that has something to do with negative edge?

MIMIC

Banned
Threi said:
maybe that has something to do with negative edge?

Hmmm....

I hope there's a way to take advantage of that. It fucks me up a LOT! :lol Because by the time I realize that he's running again, I've already bounced off of the wall and totally out of sorts.

Rotanibor

MIMIC said:
Hmmm....

I hope there's a way to take advantage of that. It fucks me up a LOT! :lol Because by the time I realize that he's running again, I've already bounced off of the wall and totally out of sorts.

I was having something kind of like that happening myself to me. I got around it by hitting the button REALLY fast. Push down and release right away. I'd say try hitting the run button really fast, don't leave any extra time pressing it down, because as soon as you release it you'll get the negative edge.

About the blog update...

Goblin @ SRK said:
My Japanese isn't perfect, but this is what I got from that.

Firstly, Capcom will show a variety of games at TGS, but SF4 definitely won't be featured.
Then it goes on to talk about the Nagoya Street Battle and the Nagoya's regional cuisine.
Finally regarding a sequel/continuation of SF4 it says:
"We realize we've been dropping hints for a long time, but please wait just a little bit. It shouldn't be much longer. We really can't say anything else at the moment."
It also says we should check the blog frequently. The word frequently is in orange, but that doesn't really tell us when the next update will be.

This is getting lame.

Aeris130 said:
Didn't they announce an announcment that they would announce more at tgs?

wat wat wat

Nah, they just keep announcing that we should be patient and they're going to make another announcement soon. And then that new announcement is to be patient and they're going to make another announcement soon. And it never ends. I think they're just trying to get page hits on their blog and create retarded hype.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Alright, so I feel like a scrub for having to ask, but does someone want to explain to me what exactly an option select is? I have sort of an idea (like if you hold db and hit lp+lk during block stun, you'll tech if they stop in the middle of a block string and try to throw, right?), but I've seen it mentioned in several places yet haven't been able to find a clear explanation of the theory behind it.

"Alright, so I feel like a scrub for having to ask, but does someone want to explain to me what exactly an option select is? I have sort of an idea (like if you hold db and hit lp+lk during block stun, you'll tech if they stop in the middle of a block string and try to throw, right?), but I've seen it mentioned in several places yet haven't been able to find a clear explanation of the theory behind it."

An option select is when you do a single maneuver that, depending on what happens, does different things. Your d/b+throw example is one, but you have what it does wrong. What it actually does is, if they try to throw you will tech, *but* if they don't, you will do a crouching lk.

Another one is a Makoto one that Ken I said on Gootecks' podcast. In certain situations he'll do a super jump (tap down, then up), then do a 3/4 circle from up to back. In this case, if someone were to throw out a low attack like crouching lk/mk/whatever, it would parry the low attack and then immediately do her command grab. If they *didn't* attack, he would super jump then do her EX axe kick slightly above the ground.

Lost Fragment said:
Alright, so I feel like a scrub for having to ask, but does someone want to explain to me what exactly an option select is? I have sort of an idea (like if you hold db and hit lp+lk during block stun, you'll tech if they stop in the middle of a block string and try to throw, right?), but I've seen it mentioned in several places yet haven't been able to find a clear explanation of the theory behind it.

Yeah, that is one example. You'll either tech their throw or get a crouching short if they don't try to throw. It's basically anytime you execute multiple commands and the situation decides which one executes.

Another example is with Boxer's EX Dash/Ultra. I think the command is charge back, forward, two punches, back, forward, three punches. The EX Punch will come out, but then if you're hit soon after, say by a projectile, the ultra will then come out.

Teknopathetic said:
"Alright, so I feel like a scrub for having to ask, but does someone want to explain to me what exactly an option select is? I have sort of an idea (like if you hold db and hit lp+lk during block stun, you'll tech if they stop in the middle of a block string and try to throw, right?), but I've seen it mentioned in several places yet haven't been able to find a clear explanation of the theory behind it."

An option select is when you do a single maneuver that, depending on what happens, does different things. Your d/b+throw example is one, but you have what it does wrong. What it actually does is, if they try to throw you will tech, *but* if they don't, you will do a crouching lk.

Another one is a Makoto one that Ken I said on Gootecks' podcast. In certain situations he'll do a super jump (tap down, then up), then do a 3/4 circle from up to back. In this case, if someone were to throw out a low attack like crouching lk/mk/whatever, it would parry the low attack and then immediately do her command grab. If they *didn't* attack, he would super jump then do her EX axe kick slightly above the ground.

i need to learn this shit....lol

Top Bottom