• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, I don't think it's possible to win with Viper against a Blanka.

Came here to rage about it.

So fucking angry.

Threi

notag
Totakeke said:
Also, SCREW bison, how can you complain about safe specials when you have that annoying as hell safe knee press.
you can't mash knee presses though. Also backwards jump does wonders.

Ledsen

Threi said:
i havent seen it. It seems completely invincible from startup all the way to falldown recovery. HP cannon strike seems to me like EX shoryuken. Add to that the fact that its harder to punish on block (cammy bounces back right into safe territory, ready to mash out another cannon spike if you try to get in and punish) and you get an annoying anti-air.

But then again I play bison, I just hate that my entire aerial game is completely shut down by cammy. Can't take the chance to whiff any blockstrings either, because BAM cannon strike to the face.

Fucking reversal window. It screws over charge chars so much. Where is MY shoryuken that i can mash in block strings? I have to accurately guess where the other guy will screw up, or just break the string with a lk. No knockdown or anything. But with non charge chars its like "MASH GET ME FREE MOVE YAY I DID IT IM GOOD DURRR"

/charge char rant

Well if they're mashing, just bait and punish.

Totakeke

Threi said:
you can't mash knee presses though. Also backwards jump does wonders.

jumping back does abel nothing, i want to approach you, not drive myself into a corner, i hate playing against bison more than zangief using abel ;p

LakeEarth

EX CoD works well on predictable Bisons. Watch if they always standing roundhouse after a blocked scissor kick. If they're the type to do that a lot, it is a nice way to get in a little damage.

Cowie

My first hatemail on viper! I'm making real progress :D

334nnn4.jpg

The first one was sent during a player match, and he continued to play 4 more games with me, oddly enough.

The second came after I had switched to chun, and ultra'd his charging-a-fireball-way-too-close-to-my-downed-body Gouken. That's a good idea though, I hadn't thought of macroing commands on the pc version. Of course, it wouldn't work with chun's ultra in that situation. Meh, details.

Threi

notag
Ledsen said:
Well if they're mashing, just bait and punish.
offline that is easy to do (you can hear them mashing) but online its a crap shoot. I always get the worst luck of when I stop to bait and punish...they are sitting there.

WHAT THE FUCK.

also: Abel players are in no position to be criticizing bison players about rushdown. f.mk xx dash all day. Jump and i get fucked, stand and i get fucked (TT)

although i havent tried backdashing...

hmm....

anyways I need a fuerte teacher. I use him way too much without really knowing how to "use" him, so i need to increase my competence with him.

Jibbo, one of the best Gen players in the States is going to be hosting a stream later today:

I'll be on live stream again as well as other high level NC heads in a few hours on the same channel. This time I have a little help from Seb from FADC and the videos will be posted later this week on his channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom

Tastumaki at Saki's! We're having a cookout with SF4 and lots of out of towners are coming through, which include:

- xYourMasterx (sagat)
- abstyles (guile)
- frank the tank (akuma/rufus)
- cajunstrike (sagat)
- titaniumbeast! (akuma)

Also the regulars which are

- Myself (Gen)
- Kevin Micheal (Ryu, but claims he's gonna play cammy/chun-li)
- Saki (Balrog)
- Knuckledust (abel/ryu)

This will be epic. Tune in! Should be starting up in about 4 hours, 3pm EST.

http://www.justin.tv/sakixl

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Cowie said:
The second came after I had switched to chun, and ultra'd his charging-a-fireball-way-too-close-to-my-downed-body Gouken. That's a good idea though, I hadn't thought of macroing commands on the pc version. Of course, it wouldn't work with chun's ultra in that situation. Meh, details.
:lol Yeah, that charged fireball of Goukens is telegraphed up and down.

LakeEarth

Using Gouken's charge fireball feature against a character which has a move that goes right through fireballs is just plain dumb and the dude is retarded to give hatemail because he got punished doing the wrong thing.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
abstract alien said:
Yes Gen is up!

EDIT: I..I never knew that move was in this game...

What move? Also interested to see how Jibbo's upped his game. I felt that his execution was better then Yeb's at one point but that run Yeb had recently showed how much better he had gotten.

bob_arctor said:
What move? Also interested to see how Jibbo's upped his game. I felt that his execution was better then Yeb's at one point but that run Yeb had recently showed how much better he had gotten.
Gen's ultra...I dont think Ive ever seen it before today :lol

Also, does Rufus's lk -> hk combo go over a ducking Gen(like it does ryu)?

Peff

Duress said:
What the hell happened at the end of that video? Vega had a good chunk of health and BAM, disappeared! :lol

Look at the combo meter. If you really want to know what happened, keep looping the jump+kick part :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
abstract alien said:

haha if you're on 360, send me an invite and you'll see plenty of both! :D
GT: illegalwiretap. Been playing spottily for about a month now but Ill try to get on tonight.

bob_arctor said:
haha if you're on 360, send me an invite and you'll see plenty of both! :D
GT: illegalwiretap. Been playing spottily for about a month now but Ill try to get on tonight.
Aw damn, Im on psn. Lucky for you, because I would run you off of this game. Rufus would eat you alive!

*continues to talk shit behind the protection of the psn fence and taunts you*

LakeEarth

abstract alien said:
Yup, the old man has 2 supers and ultras (one for each stance). To balance it out, they both do really crap damage.

Twice now, this Abel was 1 hit away from beating their opponent, but just stops their light hit string cold.

Threi

notag
Akuma with dat shakadoosh

it's entertaining to see a Guile player get a taste of his own medicine. Its not fun when someone decides to become a rock and spam projectiles is it?

AWWW YEAH....SHAKADOOSH

Haha, Akuma. Everytime I have an Akuma by the balls I love to throw out LP>LP>LK just to fuck with them and pressure a stupid move. Best "taunt" ever.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
abstract alien said:
Aw damn, Im on psn. Lucky for you, because I would run you off of this game. Rufus would eat you alive!

*continues to talk shit behind the protection of the psn fence and taunts you*

Hey, I don't doubt it. I've got a solid Gen but I have zero patience. None. I'm always pressing the issue, even to my detriment. This would mean plenty of free EX Snake Strikes possibly. Maybe. :D

LakeEarth

The commentary made me realize that fighting Sagat and Guile is very similar. You are spending a lot of the fight trying to get through the giant wall of projectiles. The difference is once you get through the wall, Guile is in trouble while Sagat is just getting started.

bob_arctor said:
Hey, I don't doubt it. I've got a solid Gen but I have zero patience. None. I'm always pressing the issue, even to my detriment. This would mean plenty of free EX Snake Strikes possibly. Maybe. :D
Its ok, I get way to anxious when fighting someone, so I mess up a lot of things under pressure. Im getting better...but if the match starts getting heated, oh boy, there will be plenty of missed opportunities on my part :lol

Ive tried playing with Gen, and your fundamentals have to be really good in order to even attempt a decent play of him. The fact that you are solid with him tells me that I would probably have a hard time with you.

bardia said:
if anyone is up for some PSN matches add me: Pardia
Up it to this page for you. I can run a few matches before work if you wanna play.
psn: xenoetry

LakeEarth said:
The commentary made me realize that fighting Sagat and Guile is very similar. You are spending a lot of the fight trying to get through the giant wall of projectiles. The difference is once you get through the wall, Guile is in trouble while Sagat is just getting started.

Basically. I understand how gimped Guile really is now. he's got very little tools to deal with hardcore pressure. As Cammy, he used to be my bane but I have little fear for him now. PROTIP: You can Ultra him off a blocked cr.RH.

LakeEarth

Hey Saqs, the guy on the stream chat is claiming he played you in a 16 game set (mykalogist). He's being kind of an ass so I'm wondering if this guy is just bullshitting or not.

(if you don't see this post in the next half hour, don't worry about it as I won't be able to "YOU LIE!" that guy)

LakeEarth said:
Yup, the old man has 2 supers and ultras (one for each stance). To balance it out, they both do really crap damage.

Twice now, this Abel was 1 hit away from beating their opponent, but just stops their light hit string cold.

Wrong on your 2nd part of your first sentence.

His PPP ultra is actually really good.. His KKK one takes heavy heavy dmg reduction so thats the one thats bad.

His KKK super does great dmg though.

bardia said:
if anyone is up for some PSN matches add me: Pardia
abstract alien said:
Up it to this page for you. I can run a few matches before work if you wanna play.
psn: xenoetry

Add me as well, always glad to see more players on PSN (though I own both consoles version).
PSN: hikarutimitt (note, this is not a typo, I messed up making my PSN ID)
XBL: hikarutilmitt

Caj814 said:
anyone up for some games on XBL?No one on my friends list thats online doesnt want to play SF4 anymore it seems.
I'm game.

Xbl is sir long meat

I've been leveling up my bison like crazy, beware my scissor kick spam

Top Bottom