• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Totakeke

Brobzoid said:
They can jab all they want - I'm kicking them in the ass and TT that sorry ass.

if they're jabbing, they'll be jabbing in your direction and you won't kick their ass regardless of how well you roll

MIMIC

Banned
Sorry Threi for the missed games. Every time I got an invite, I totally forgot about it because every match was so intense. :lol

*takes deep breath* I ended the night kinda throwing my controller....hard enough where the batteries went flying everywhere and I had to spend the next 2 matches playing some guy who was already 15-4 against....using a controller that barely worked while I searched for the batteries in between rounds.

So after I won, that was it for me.

Question: after someone does a level 2 Focus Attack + dash (while you're blocking), is it possible always throw--or tech--while they are attempting to follow-up with a move (block string, special move, etc.)? In my experience, I've always been able to throw but today, I was just smacked with a block string....over and over again.

Caj814

bdizzle said:
I'm game.

Xbl is sir long meat

I've been leveling up my bison like crazy, beware my scissor kick spam

ggs bdizzle.Haven't had any consecutive player matches like that in a looooooooong time. :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just peeped a jibbo tutorial vid on how to do mk>hands after standing mp and I never would have thought to buffer 3 punches right after the mp and before the mk(lp). Awesome. Seems wayyyy easier than whatever the hell spazzy shit I was doing and succeeding with like 20% of the time. Time for practice mode.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
bob_arctor said:
Just peeped a jibbo tutorial vid on how to do mk>hands after standing mp and I never would have thought to buffer 3 punches right after the mp and before the mk(lp). Awesome. Seems wayyyy easier than whatever the hell spazzy shit I was doing and succeeding with like 20% of the time. Time for practice mode.

Hopefully I'm not too late to get back into SFIV. Problem is, those are the guys I'd be forced to play against.

Looking forward to the new info- as long as Adon's a new character. He's my all time fav SF char.

Caj814 said:
ggs bdizzle.Haven't had any consecutive player matches like that in a looooooooong time. :lol

no prob man, send me an invite next time you see me on. Your corpse shall make excellent grist for the Shadaloo mill!

Photoshop or real?

22797CCB03CA644BC266E74B787A70C7_x600.jpg

edit - I hope its fake, seeing as it's a repeat stage from sf4 and if ssf4 doesnt have stage overhauls imma be mad >.<

kitzkozan

FindMyFarms said:
Photoshop or real?

http://images.idgentertainment.de/i...629/22797CCB03CA644BC266E74B787A70C7_x600.jpg

edit - I hope its fake, seeing as its a repeate stage from sf4 and if ssf4 doesnt have stage rehauls imma be mad >.<

Might be fake or it might be just as legit as the initial leak on Rose. :D It seem like it's a sloppy leak,but I do not understand german. :lol A pic that just shouldn't be showed to the public yet,but it would confirm that a showing of super street fighter IV took place at the TGS in front of the press with a NDA.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if some of the stage are back either.

Look at the SF4 logo near the watermark. Big ass S that matches the SUPER behind the street fighter 2 on my SNES SSF2 cart :D

And the drive in was my second favorite stage after the Volcano (that's so street fighter). hope it's back.

Stormy field and Ken in Seattle better make an appearance as stages too :D

edit: now I can see Hawk. that sonuvabitch :D

Hopefully, all will be clear on Monday.

Super logo, check. New artwork, check. T.Hawk in screen, check. Yoshinoro Ono doing hado, check.

Been watching the stream. Alex Roski and Jibbo are pretty good. Hope they can get out to Final Round 13, Ohio or the South Florida tourney.

Pancho08

translation from german website:

Best opportunity to get the two in an interview with Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono. The hyperactive video game is bedrock that is) not only extremely interesting news for all SF fans (for more details soon, but informed Nino "chocolate-donut" still the same guy also HADOUKEN!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
permutated said:
Looks like that all-night parking lot level (Rufus) to me.

someone pointed out the revenge meter which I didn't see until after I made my post..so year, it's probably not HD Remix

Sir Psycho Sexy

Neo Member
Leunam said:
What's up with the Super meter. Looks longer?

Not only that, but the ink blot surrounding the super meter covers more area it seems. Compare the meter from the T. Hawk pic to the current meter graphic in this one:

screengrab_480.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Id say that pic is real...kinda odd that it would get leaked though, with how secretive they have been about this game. But yeah, definately Hawk on the screen and definatley the Super logo behind SFIV. Im trying to make out which char is on that cardboard display.

kitzkozan

Leunam said:
What's up with the Super meter. Looks longer?

Yep,which could make sense if you can cancel a super into ultra. :lol Dunno how it will all work out,but my guess is that a super will take a % of your bar and you can cancel it or FADC it into ultra now or combo(related to the fact that you should be able to cancel out of Rufus super).

tapedeck said:
Id say that pic is real...kinda odd that it would get leaked though, with how secretive they have been about this game. But yeah, definately Hawk on the screen and definatley the Super logo behind SFIV. Im trying to make out which char is on that cardboard display.

It looks like Makoto's hair on the cardboard display there.

I base this on nothing except that it kinda looks like her hair from previous art.

AZ Greg

I've been lightly following the rumors, but what have they said with regards to arcade/console release? That picture, if real, would lead one to believe that we'd get a console release sooner rather than later. I wonder if they'll try and hit Feb. 2010 for the one year later release.

kitzkozan

Or if we think outside the box:

It might be that arabic or turkish wrestler obsessed with oil. :lol He doesn't have to wear the typical wrestler gear like Zangief or El Fuerte.He can be dressed in classy clothes,especially if he's rich or something. :D

It probably ain't Makoto since I do not see bare feets.

Xux

Whoa, nice. Ibuki looks awesome. Hopefully T. Hawk's lame ass doesn't have as stupid shit looking animations in this game.

The color of the revenge meter has also changed to white? Normally its yellow or clear, and basing this evidence on ono-sans yellow teeth, it's definitely white in that picture.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The bottom character is T-Hawk for sure (you can tell by the frills that come off his jacket and you can see his belt). The top character is Ibuki cause no other female in SF4 has those hand guards.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Photoshop or real?

22797CCB03CA644BC266E74B787A70C7_x600.jpg

edit - I hope its fake, seeing as it's a repeat stage from sf4 and if ssf4 doesnt have stage overhauls imma be mad >.<

Cars look like they're on fire.

kitzkozan

tapedeck said:
The bottom character is T-Hawk for sure (you can tell by the frills that come off his jacket and you can see his belt). The top character is Ibuki cause no other female in SF4 has those hand guards.

Does make plenty of sense. :D

Still,this leak is nothing in the grand scheme of things since I want the real info about the core fighting system of super SF IV.

They have been able to keep the game under a tight secret until now,but it's time to spill the beans.

K.Sabot

It's as clear as day now guys.

xdz50k.jpg

New revenge bar artwork confirmed!

Edit: That second character reminds me of Angel from KoF, if only...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Hopefully, all will be clear on Monday.

Super logo, check. New artwork, check. T.Hawk in screen, check. Yoshinoro Ono doing hado, check.

Been watching the stream. Alex Roski and Jibbo are pretty good. Hope they can get out to Final Round 13, Ohio or the South Florida tourney.

They are hitting FR and Seasons beatings. (at least Roski is, Jibbo should- unsure)

Roski's also VERY good at SNK.

Top Bottom