• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Cowie

just when i gave up on finding more excitement about a new iteration in this thread.. awesome.

Graphics do look closer to 2dhd though, t-hawk just looks too flat to be anything else.

As for the other character, as impossible as it is, I can't help but see

e1avrp.jpg

robut said:
So if they're announcing it Monday, why not at TGS?

Because Capcom works in mysterious ways. According to a post on SRK (SSFIV speculation), they're going to announce the game on Monday and two of the "new" characters (T.Hawk and the new girl).

I guess they're going to ration it out from there. Yawn, just like they did with TVC or the original SFIV.

This means they'll probably loke test it in arcades first.

Cowie

The Take Out Bandit said:
. . .

I'm thankful I'll never have that brain damage.

Y'know, at this point, I bet if they made a game that perfectly met your expectations, you'd be so deep in your hate that it'd still suck to you. You need a new angle though, you've been consistently hating this game for so long that I think of it as a personality quirk.

LakeEarth

Xux said:
The top character in that poster looks kinda like Ibuki with her armguards and gray baggy pants.
I looked at the poster and thought the same thing. The parts that are showing that aren't a blur seem to be Ibuki.

EDIT - she also seems to be making a "tornado" from her legs, which is something Ibuki did.

vg260

Askia47 said:
Hopefully its arcade only for a while. This needs to balanced and tested properly.

While I want this NOW, I gotta agree it's for the best if this happens. I woulda waited an extra few months for a more competitive Guile.

GrayFoxPL

2&2 said:
While I want this NOW, I gotta agree it's for the best if this happens. I woulda waited an extra few months for a more competitive Guile.

What do you guys mean? SFIV was only balanced and changed during beta stages. When it was out that was it and nothing changed on character balance when it came home many months later. And overpowered Sagat and weak Guile was known since ages by arcade players.

Beta tests? Fine, but waiting half or whole year for a conversion of finished game? Fuck that!

Put that shit on consoles day one Capcom.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Waiting.........

My babys spinnin into a packed dance floor, my heart is pumpin, crying out for me. The beat is heavy, any boy could be mine. So move on over, I'm the DJ's girl!

ashism

Kadey said:
Waiting.........

My babys spinnin into a packed dance floor, my heart is pumpin, crying out for me. The beat is heavy, any boy could be mine. So move on over, I'm the DJ's girl!
This thread has been relegated to livejournal-like lyric posting entries.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God damn it Capcom... there is no coming down from this hype if you're trickling shit like this. Just blow the load full force and get it over with!

Brobzoid said:
God damn it Capcom... there is no coming down from this hype if you're trickling shit like this. Just blow the load full force and get it over with!

Not really, it keeps the interest going, as there is always going to be news.

Maybe we'll get new surprises too. I can't wait to read the loketest reports.

The game does put Capcom in a peculiar situation. Japan-wise, it has to be an arcade release. Everywhere else, it has to be a console release.

LakeEarth said:
I realize I could easily be wrong. But if it's any established SF character, it's her.

Except for the part where it looks nothing like Ibuki's fancy pantaloons and given how this game has not deviated at all from existing designs for fear of alienating the pinhead fanbase, I'm calling it now.

Not Ibuki!

Most likely some shitty new character. :\

Except for the part where it looks nothing like Ibuki's fancy pantaloons and given how this game has not deviated at all from existing designs for fear of alienating the pinhead fanbase, I'm calling it now.

Not Ibuki!

Man you're 24/7 with that PHD huh?

LakeEarth

Not Ibuki!

I'm just talking about the upper part of the poster dude, not the mystery pants we see on screen.

Kuraudo

Banned
robut said:
So if they're announcing it Monday, why not at TGS?

There's not really anywhere at TGS to announce it. Just breaking it out at their booth would be weird. What they've probably done is invite a bunch of journos to come see it at a private screening while they're in twon for TGS, then they're in a position to properly reveal it shortly after the event, with all the journos primed to write in-depth previews.

You guys seen Justin Wong's new website?

www.jwonggg.com

He says in the current post that he's messing around with Fei Long and is going to bust him out in the next tourney he attends. I like Fei, he has his issues, but he's decent. Also if you e-mail him questions he says he'll post answers every Sunday.

LakeEarth said:
I'm just talking about the upper part of the poster dude, not the mystery pants we see on screen.

That's a lot of conjecture right there.

Really.

Just wait to see what the hell it is.

Honestly, I cannot see anything Ibuki-like in that illustration. Then again if she's drawn in the SF4 style she'll look more like cro magnon woman than she did in the past. :(

LakeEarth

Well yeah, it's just a corner of a picture with a hand with a glove that's kinda like what she had SF3. I'm just guessing, I was agreeing with someone else's guess. We will eventually see what this poster is really of.

Cowie

FindMyFarms said:

www.jwonggg.com

He says in the current post that he's messing around with Fei Long and is going to bust him out in the next tourney he attends. I like Fei, he has his issues, but he's decent. Also if you e-mail him questions he says he'll post answers every Sunday.

Fei? Interesting.. I loved him in HDR, but I'm an ultra whore and just can't bring myself to play him in 4 without an easy means of connecting with it. Curious to see what kinda tricks he's got up his sleeves.

FindMyFarms said:

www.jwonggg.com

That should be interesting.

bumpkin

IntelliHeath said:
Did you read few posts above your post? They said that they are getting ready to sell SF4 on sale, so they can clearing up the space for SF4-2?
Or maybe it is DLC, but there will be a retail SKU that includes the DLC like what's been done with Call of Duty and Gears of War skus?

If the game is getting announced tomorrow, will probably get location tested for a few months, why such a rush to dump the stock?

But you make a good point.

Who wants to play on 360 or GFW?

AZ Greg

Spiderjericho said:
If the game is getting announced tomorrow, will probably get location tested for a few months, why such a rush to dump the stock?

But you make a good point.

Who wants to play on 360 or GFW?

I'll play on 360. I think you're already on my list. I'm AZ Greg on XBL.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
GalacticAE said:
Anyone on PSN want to play with me for a bit now? No one on my list is playing SF4.

ID: GalacticAE
Ugh, sorry about the disconnect. Segment of the LAN my ps3 is on crapped out.

GGs though. I have a lot of improving to do. I also need to not get so jumpy and wind up doing psychic ultras, but not dropping ex Hyaku > Ultra half the time would help too. :(

jmro

Man the PC version is pretty broken online. Sometimes even with green bars the game runs in slow motion due to the other guys PC

Rotanibor

Fake, I almost posted that myself until i caught people saying its an old fake. Looking closer, the meter is the old version and I'm pretty sure that the Dudley portrait is pre-exisiting art.

GGs AZ Greg. You're pretty good. Next time, we can do Ryu vs. Claw.

I'm trying to re familiarize myself with all of the characters.

Fuerte... You just overloaded me with him.

Top Bottom