• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

AZ Greg

Spiderjericho said:
GGs AZ Greg. You're pretty good. Next time, we can do Ryu vs. Claw.

I'm trying to re familiarize myself with all of the characters.

Fuerte... You just overloaded me with him.

GGs. Random was pretty fun, I usually never do that. That Dhalsim/Seth draw was pretty wild.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
jmro said:
Man the PC version is pretty broken online. Sometimes even with green bars the game runs in slow motion due to the other guys PC

that's because fuckers use the "variable" instead of "fixed" framerate option. why capcom allowed this for online play, i'll never know. needs to be their #1 fix for ssf4 pc, along with integrated in-game chat.

thankfully, the scrubs who use variable frame rates entirely disappear once you graduate out of g3.

AZ Greg said:
GGs. Random was pretty fun, I usually never do that. That Dhalsim/Seth draw was pretty wild.

I usually play with my main in championship and try to learn the characters in player match. But I'ma need to level up my Ryu, so next time Claw vs. Bandanna.

And ghst, I need to gradumuate from G3. I'll be playing GFW later on.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I never really read through this thread... but am I the only one who feels like the Ultra and Super combo moves should be reversed? Ultra moves are more devastating attacks and the meter fills much faster.

MisterAnderson said:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I never really read through this thread... but am I the only one who feels like the Ultra and Super combo moves should be reversed? Ultra moves are more devastating attacks and the meter fills much faster.

Yeah. The super meter takes too long to build when compared to ST or TS (course er' thing built up meter in this game).

I just don't like that Focus attacks can build up your revenge meter. It's sort of easy to get an ultra...depending on the situation or your opponent.

I'd wonder what would happen to the balance of the game if the super meter charged faster?

jmro

ghst said:
that's because fuckers use the "variable" instead of "fixed" framerate option. why capcom allowed this for online play, i'll never know. needs to be their #1 fix for ssf4 pc, along with integrated in-game chat.

thankfully, the scrubs who use variable frame rates entirely disappear once you graduate out of g3.

This was in G2, so the people must be used to it by now. It would be pretty funny to see them play at the proper rate.

Dizzy-4U

GG Fersis. I lol every time I saw Balrog doing the jab jab short headbutt so slowly and out of combo. Damn lag :lol

Also, WTF man, fix your PS3. It doesn't like my Cammy at all =(

K.Sabot

Ggs to rocK', your usage of FAs really make my Balrog feel small.

Ugh, I think I've worn out the Analog stick on my 360 pad. I keep missing my headbutting opportunities. Also, I can no longer do an ultra from the right side. :p

MoxManiac said:
Well, with any luck we really will get our Dudley vs. Balrog matchup!

Yes, but it's going to be f*cking hilarious as this would be a monkey wrench in the stupid f*cking SRK naming.

"HNURRRR! I USE BOXER!"

Which one?

Will they bust out the Thesaurus and call Dudley PUGILIST?! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

F*cking twats. . .

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yes, but it's going to be f*cking hilarious as this would be a monkey wrench in the stupid f*cking SRK naming.

"HNURRRR! I USE BOXER!"

Which one?

Will they bust out the Thesaurus and call Dudley PUGILIST?! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

F*cking twats. . .
Hmm... I'm not feeling this one. I'll give ya an A for effort though...

invisibleB

Neo Member
black_vegeta said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet...saw this on SRK.

Dudley.jpg

omg omg............... a wait!

dont play with my heart like that man!!!

p.s i mite as well say it "whats up with the black on black crime" lol

The Take Out Bandit said:

"HNURRRR! I USE BOXER!"

Which one?

F*cking twats. . .

5/10

2 points deducted for thinking those names started with SRK. -3 for unnecessary spoiler tag usage.

Not your best one. :(

rocK`

Banned
K.Sabot said:
Ggs to rocK', your usage of FAs really make my Balrog feel small.

Ugh, I think I've worn out the Analog stick on my 360 pad. I keep missing my headbutting opportunities. Also, I can no longer do an ultra from the right side. :p

haha ggs man

I wish I could play you without lag, I could actually do some combos :(

rocK`

Banned
Zapages said:
That could be someone's custom running from PC to TV... *shrugs* If not that's so cool!

I don't know much about the modding, but I don't know if thats the case. With modding, can't you only replace a model with a skin? that's a completely different pose.

h3ro

invisibleB said:
i got news for you homie, im British indian!! lol its in my roots!

:lol touche'

Ugh, not being able to play SFIV is killing me with all this Super SFIV talk. I'm checking that Xbox Support site fifty times a day. Ughhhhhh.

If it does end up being ibuki I will be very very happy. I always had problems playing her in 3rd Strike but she was the most fun even if I could hardly win. My Cammy game in SFIV has gotten pretty good and that is probably the closest style to what Ibuki might be.

Damn please let her and makoto be in. I would be a disc release for that fact alone. I think people are on spot with the arm guard observation though. Seems pretty likely that its her.

yeb

[19:10] <MrWizard> its not a patch
[19:10] <MrWizard> you will pay 60 bones
[19:10] <MrWizard> again

That new Capcom page gives me memories of Brawl. Watch as they reveal new characters and features weekly.

JST is 14 hours ahead of Central Time, soooooooooo... Tuesday 3 AM? I think?

I waited for Japan time for Brawl, I'm prepared to do it again for SF4:D

I remember the night Sonic was confirmed. The meltdowns/replies in that thread were hilarious. 30 pages in like 30 minutes :lol

Cowie

lately I've been staying up late enough to see this one out, but I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule a bit, and chances are we'll go from a teaser to a date for the next announcement.

So I decided to setup my PS3 Slim. And I guess all of my save data is gizzone. I used the back and restore utility but it didn't carry over my old files. So I guess I have to do everything again. Yuck. PC version for the win!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
So I decided to setup my PS3 Slim. And I guess all of my save data is gizzone. I used the back and restore utility but it didn't carry over my old files. So I guess I have to do everything again. Yuck. PC version for the win!!

You can just dl the save files from GFs and use them. Problem is, certain games retain some sort of coding for trophies and stuff so you won't be able to get them if you care about them. Depending on the game of course.

Kadey said:
You can just dl the save files from GFs and use them. Problem is, certain games retain some sort of coding for trophies and stuff so you won't be able to get them if you care about them. Depending on the game of course.

I guess I'll try that. I really don't feel like doing it all over again. My trophies are unlocked. It's just the data associated with the characters and colors.

Can I just go and save the original save file to a thumb drive and restore it that way?

Also, PS3 version is definitely the ugliest out of the three versions. Hopefully, they fix the performance issues in SSFIV (and why is there a separate thread?).

Also, I tried championship mode to see if I could resume playing my old info. And the guy told me fuck you over his bluetooth. Pretty funny. The lag was terrible. I am using a wireless connection, but SF is hit or miss with the network performance. That's the big thing they have to fix on the console side of things besides the trials.

An EX+ combo mode, a challenge mode like KOF (where they tell you to do a task but do it specifically by character...but no combos), survival (like A2), etc is all you need.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
I guess I'll try that. I really don't feel like doing it all over again. My trophies are unlocked. It's just the data associated with the characters and colors.

Can I just go and save the original save file to a thumb drive and restore it that way?

Also, PS3 version is definitely the ugliest out of the three versions. Hopefully, they fix the performance issues in SSFIV (and why is there a separate thread?).

Also, I tried championship mode to see if I could resume playing my old info. And the guy told me fuck you over his bluetooth. Pretty funny. The lag was terrible. I am using a wireless connection, but SF is hit or miss with the network performance. That's the big thing they have to fix on the console side of things besides the trials.

An EX+ combo mode, a challenge mode like KOF (where they tell you to do a task but do it specifically by character...but no combos), survival (like A2), etc is all you need.

Yes you can actually. The trophy thing still applies, since you already unlocked them I guess it doesn't matter but you're probably going to have to start your record and stuff from scratch I assume.

Kadey said:
Yes you can actually. The trophy thing still applies, since you already unlocked them I guess it doesn't matter but you're probably going to have to start your record and stuff from scratch I assume.

My dear Kadey, no, it wouldn't let me. I tried to copy SFIV, HDR, Puzzle Fighter, Megaman IV (notice a trend), MKII and a few others, and it said I was not allowed to copy the data.

I tried going to Gamefaqs but they didn't have any game saves for SFIV (PS3). Kind of sucks.

But whatever, it'll take me an afternoon to unlock the characters. My big gripe is the colors...ugh. I hate survival and time attack. Takes forever.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You're right. PS3 version is copy protected. Seems to be the case for MVSC2 also when I tried. But it appears to work for games like Blazblue and Uncharted. I guess the certain games rules applies here as well.

There is actually list of copy protected games. And what do you know? Many of them are Capcom. :lol

Brain Challenge
Crash Commando
Dark Mist
Marvel vs Capcom 2
The Eye Of Judgment
Fat Princess
Fight Night Round 4
Godfather 2
High Velocity Bowling
Killzone 2
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Mega Man 9
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Mortal Kombat 2
NCAA Football 10
Need For Speed: Carbon
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Singstar
Skate 2
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
UFC: Undisputed
Wolfenstein

Even the restoring thing doesn't work unless it's the same PS3. So this basically sucks for people wanting to upgrade to the SLIM.

Alucrid

Banned
Heh. I was playing this today and a roommate was there watching. I start to fight Sakura and he complains that she is too disproportionate, too muscular, too large, and that the perverts who made this put her in a schoolgirl uniform. The kicker is he was watching Naruto earlier.

We should make the time go by faster with a late night gaf tourny! Who's in?

...wait, we might need to have two of them, one for each system(or 3, for pc).

I'm down.

FindMyFarms said:
Only if I can play Cody and throw rocks.
I refuse to play an amazing player like you that has the added ability to throw rocks. Nope. Nuh uh. Not gonna happen.

Tournament aborted.
*takes ball and goes home*

Top Bottom