• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi

notag
GalacticAE said:
I just hope they give Gief an armor breaking, vortex lariat with a wider hitbox and more priority. Needs more invincibility too.

Should combo into SPD or ultra too.

Also flames.
WHAT? HELL NO! Are you insane?

that should be the EX Lariat.

Pctx

Banned
After Sagat, Balrog is becoming my 2nd main and increasingly more and more fun to take on the Ryu/Ken/Akuma variants that tend to think you get range limited. Once your EX meter builds though.... you're just a short punch away. :lol

BitchTits

Arpharmd B said:
4 o clock.

Wheres mah Super IV trailer.
1sfbk8.gif

Is there any specific reason they don't make the console and arcade versions the same? Why the hell include more characters in the console version and neglect those characters in arcade version?

Threi said:
man watching everyone around you get better while you are stagnant is depressing :(

Or spending the whole past month dedicated to trial mode and not touching online...it's going to hurt when I get back onto online.

Have you picked up anyone else besides Dictator yet?

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Or spending the whole past month dedicated to trial mode and not touching online...it's going to hurt when I get back onto online.

Have you picked up anyone else besides Dictator yet?
I usually switch between Fuerte, Chun, Ryu, Honda, Balrog, Gief, and (rarely) Abel.

If SSF4 isn't too far away I will just keep it like that until I get my new main (Juri)

Threi said:
I usually switch between Fuerte, Chun, Ryu, Honda, Balrog, Gief, and (rarely) Abel.

If SSF4 isn't too far away I will just keep it like that until I get my new main (Juri)

I'm actually taking a liking to Chun, her combos are sick and she's quick with her normals.

Only downside, her shitty ultra.

Managed to find a work around for Gen's jump in hands combos. With the first kick I hammer in MP + LP 4 times then one HP, I buffer the same thing again to get the link and other set of hands. Takes a while to get the rhythm of it but once you're there it's a sinch to land. Still need to slide for grounded MKs and piano tap from lp if I'm daring enough FADC but it saves my finger some hurtin'.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spirit of Jazz said:
Managed to find a work around for Gen's jump in hands combos. With the first kick I hammer in MP + LP 4 times then one HP, I buffer the same thing again to get the link and other set of hands. Takes a while to get the rhythm of it but once you're there it's a sinch to land. Still need to slide for grounded MKs and piano tap from lp if I'm daring enough FADC but it saves my finger some hurtin'.
Still can't do it super consistently sadly. I did manage to beat a really annoying Akuma online yesterday with cross-up mk, mp, link mk>hands. Took off mad health from him. Dude had a mic and was cursing like crazy. Gen is so awesome.

bob_arctor said:
Still can't do it super consistently sadly. I did manage to beat a really annoying Akuma online yesterday with cross-up mk, mp, link mk>hands. Took off mad health from him. Dude had a mic and was cursing like crazy. Gen is so awesome.

Had a similiar experience with a Geif earlier, he couldn't get past my anti-air and sweeps, his constant whinging was only made sweeter by the fact that the rounds lasted for around 90 seconds a piece because of the tiny amount of damage I was doing :lol

My Gens still really rusty in comparison to my able though; all I have to work with are my jump-ins, pokes and some oga shenanigans.

Teknoman

Running into a large amount of Psycho Crushers in Champ mode.

And still unlocking people :lol Got Gen and Fei Long today. Yes i've had it since launch.

Teknoman said:
Running into a large amount of Psycho Crushers in Champ mode.

And still unlocking people :lol Got Gen and Fei Long today. Yes i've had it since launch.
I have only unlocked Rose in my PS3 version.

I wanted to see Sagat's Ultra glitch on her.

edit: nvm I got Gen as well.

ntropy

Linkhero1 said:
Still can't do it. Any tips?
dash back after the focus crumple. after the dash upper, immediately do another back, forward + k, if ur missing the super then ur dash upper is a tad late

Linkhero1

ntropy said:
dash back after the focus crumple. after the dash upper, immediately do another back, forward + k, if ur missing the super then ur dash upper is a tad late
I'm unable to pull off the dash upper when i dash back. my timing sucks ass.

Check out my graphics issue on SF4 for PC tonight lol..

His hurricane motions (the white air it cuts through) stayed on my screen..

As well as the hadoken blasts.. they never went away..

33y53y8.jpg

:lol

FindMyFarms said:
Watch out he spams those cheap tick throws.
:lol

If he did.. then I was pretty good at stopping them.. I think I threw him more then he threw me.

I went 11-2. (1 loss cuz I chose Abel.. hes lol fun to use)

GGs Rice. You have a nice Ryu.

AlfaTrion said:
i never fought a human seth with my rog

and i got nervous and just did stupid things that i know better not to do in the tournament setting :(

You ran into every single SRK.. EVERY SINGLE. Shocked you didn't catch onto that after your first match.

Thats Arjan666.. he's so terribad cuz all he does is SRK. He's the definition of flow chart. Just gotta make sure you dont fall for that.

AlfaTrion

TurtleSnatcher said:
You ran into every single SRK.. EVERY SINGLE. Shocked you didn't catch onto that after your first match.

Thats Arjan666.. he's so terribad cuz all he does is SRK. He's the definition of flow chart. Just gotta make sure you dont fall for that.

word

i wish i taped the match against Super Rikku.
it was Rog vs. Rog but they were all close games!

anyways, it is 3am here (17:00 JST if I calculated properly)
where is the damn vid!

i'm going to bed

I wasn't even attempting tick throws until you started throwing me a lot. I was attempting a low forward into Hado and you kept throwing me through them, I was like "WTF, better start throwing/teching because he's trying to throw me all the time". You have a good Gen/Elf, I hate playing against those two but I need to work on it.

I really hated my execution from that series of games. Not that I could escape the Elf mix up game, but I couldn't finish my hit confirms like 80% of the time. Normally I'll finish jabs with a SRK, but I think I probably only did it something like 20-30% of the time when I hit confirmed. I'm not perfect but I normally hit it more then half at least.

TurtleSnatcher said:
GGs Rice. You have a nice Ryu.

I copied and pasted this into a online SF4 translator and I got this instead

"LOL scrub"

:(

Rice-Eater said:
I wasn't even attempting tick throws until you started throwing me a lot. I was attempting a low forward into Hado and you kept throwing me through them, I was like "WTF, better start throwing/teching because he's trying to throw me all the time". You have a good Gen/Elf, I hate playing against those two but I need to work on it.

I really hated my execution from that series of games. Not that I could escape the Elf mix up game, but I couldn't finish my hit confirms like 80% of the time. Normally I'll finish jabs with a SRK, but I think I probably only did it something like 20-30% of the time when I hit confirmed. I'm not perfect but I normally hit it more then half at least.

I copied and pasted this into a online SF4 translator and I got this instead

"LOL scrub"

:(
Nah really you do.. you connect your combos well and fadc ultra'd a few times and super to ultra once.

Are there any mid-to-low tier PSN users in the northwest still playing SF4? I never got in to the GAF matches back when the game first came out and haven't kept up with playing much.

MIMIC

Banned
Did anyone else notice this? If you program the left bumper on the Xbox 360 controller to HP, it will DOUBLE as two moves for Blanka: While facing right, press the right side of the bumper and Blanka will do his slide (c.HP) and if you press the left side of the bumper, Blanka will do his sweep (c.HK).

It doesn't work for any of the other characters I tested at the time.

Top Bottom