• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dizzy-4U said:
So, yesterday I was playing with Chun and Cammy countered my Ultra with ex-quick spin knuckle.

I felt....sad =/

If it actually goes into it's hit frames, it has some ridiculous priority. Not surprised it took you out of Ultra.

MrMephistoX

jaundicejuice said:
Are there any mid-to-low tier PSN users in the northwest still playing SF4? I never got in to the GAF matches back when the game first came out and haven't kept up with playing much.

Hit me up dude: MrMephistoX. I haven't been on much lately due to work issues but should be getting back into it.

ArjanN

TurtleSnatcher said:
You ran into every single SRK.. EVERY SINGLE. Shocked you didn't catch onto that after your first match.

Thats Arjan666.. he's so terribad cuz all he does is SRK. He's the definition of flow chart. Just gotta make sure you dont fall for that.

Haha, I'll admit that match I was 100% flowchart.

Normally i'm better though. I'll challenge you next time I see you online...

MCD

Managed to run PC version in 1080p (had to turn AA to zero while everything else is set to high + vsync on) but damn, games for windows guide is now very small on my Samsung HDTV.

anyone have this issue?

Why are there two threads? I want this thread to continue to grow.

Guess this means we'll have a new Super Street Fighter IV Thread with new illustrations (preferably the official).

The PC version is sooo pretty. And I prefer playing in my chair versus on the floor in the living room.

LosDaddie

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Are there any mid-to-low tier PSN users in the northwest still playing SF4? I never got in to the GAF matches back when the game first came out and haven't kept up with playing much.

Add me. PSN = LosDaddie I mainly game at night (9pm EST)

I'm low-tier by GAF standards....and that might be generous:lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just beat BLACKHAWKxDOWN, the legendary flowchart ken from that one dsp video. he's literally still just throwing out random fierce srks and ultras. and he's got 30k gp. i...don't understand. granted, there are some scrubby players in g1, and i'm probably one of them, but still...how?

drohne said:
just beat BLACKHAWKxDOWN, the legendary flowchart ken from that one dsp video. he's literally still just throwing out random fierce srks and ultras. and he's got 30k gp. i...don't understand. granted, there are some scrubby players in g1, and i'm probably one of them, but still...how?
I was thinking the same thing a month ago. I've seen some terrible players who have even more than 30k. I guess it takes a lot of grinding. On the other hand, today I saw a guy with 14150 GP. So 850 / 5 = 170. That means he has lost a lot in G1. :D

ArjanN

Rocky_Balboa said:
I was thinking the same thing a month ago. I've seen some terrible players who have even more than 30k. I guess it takes a lot of grinding. On the other hand, today I saw a guy with 14150 GP. So 850 / 5 = 170. That means he has lost a lot in G1. :D

I guess since the console version has been out longer, so even all the average players have grinded to G1.

I only have the PC version but the competition in G1 is pretty hard. Seems to me like you'd lose as much points as you gain as a flowchart Ken.

drohne said:
That guy is also king of jump back RH.. that is all he does against fuerte.. I just walk up until he gets to a corner where he still continues to do it.. and then start Guac Leg throwing him.

Great matches Max, you make Ken look top tier. Can't wait to see more, and hopefully you can continue doing matches with top players as well.

MIMIC

Banned
MIMIC said:
Did anyone else notice this? If you program the left bumper on the Xbox 360 controller to HP, it will DOUBLE as two moves for Blanka: While facing right, press the right side of the bumper and Blanka will do his slide (c.HP) and if you press the left side of the bumper, Blanka will do his sweep (c.HK).

It doesn't work for any of the other characters I tested at the time.

I meant Personal Action. I guess it makes sense in a way (since it's a punch and a kick button). But I wonder why it doesn't work for other characters. It would be insanely useful.

FindMyFarms said:
GG's Killasasa, you've improved a lot

Thanks man, ggs. Still can't crack your Ryu or Sagat. And you're beast with what, 8 characters now?

Rog Ryu Sagat Viper Abel Ken Vega Gief?

That's a hell of a lineup.

I've been divvying up my time between Ken (because of Max -- your vids inspired me to do what I said I would and learn his game at least decently), Guile and Cammy, and about a week ago my muscle memory just got better or something because I've been playing a lot better than I'm used to. My execution still isn't where I want it to be, but sh!t happens I guess. Maybe it'll be better offline.

Hopefully SSF4 lets us get replays in player matches, especially when ridiculous Abel scoops occur :D That was crazy.

LosDaddie said:
Add me. PSN = LosDaddie I mainly game at night (9pm EST)

I'm low-tier by GAF standards....and that might be generous:lol

That would be 6pst, and I usually don't get home from until about 7, if it's not going to be a late night that is. Still we might get in a match or two.

I also sent you an invite findmyfarms. I can't promise much of anything but hey, I should be fun to swat around...?

I need some help!

Finally got round to picking up a arcade stick, I went with the Fight Stick SE Edition(mainly because the cheapest I could find the TE stick was £130, and I got a pretty good deal on the SE version)

Anyway onto my problem, I now suck with Chun, who was/is my main, I don't think the problem is the stick itself as i'm now finding it sooooo much easier playing as shoto's FADC has now become second nature, but give me a charge character and i'm missing all sorts of easy stuff.

Anyone got any tips with transitioning from pad to stick with chargers.

Solune

jaundicejuice said:

I think I fit your description, I wasn't able to post on GAF around the time SFIV first came out so I never got into matches either. I get home around 7 - 8 PM PST though.
PSN: Sollune
Add me if you want a friendly match!
All challenges welcome too =).

@Killasasa - Too much praise haha! I think you're getting there man!

Anyhows, there was a big TX tourney at Arcade UFO last weekend. Here's a few select videos of matches that I thought were good (though you can see more in the same channel)

Fubarduck vs Sinister-X

Notes

- link is to the 3rd match 3rd round, check out sin-x's sick corner trap setup w/ ultra threat to force fubar's teleport, sin missed his super but still sick
- Sin-X is the best Dhalsim player in Tx, Fubarduck is, well if you don't already know then shame on you!
- I have a MM coming up with Sin-X in few weeks at the Tx 2v2 tourney

Viet Vs Kensou

Notes

- Kensou's recent claim to faim is >this video< AKA Sagat player thought he won, whiffs ultra, kensou wins and places top 8 in Final round
- Viet went on to win 1st in the tournament

Starting to get tired of Dhalsim. Not necessarily because I feel limited by his possibilities or anything (still can't do that one bread 'n butter combo though), but the more I play the more I get annoyed by his outrageous hitboxes. Real nice when you see limbs go through your opponent on multiple occassions, but then they either lose to an enemy move that came out later or hit nothing at all. Like that a lot during Ultra set-ups that end up costing me the match.

Oh, and Bison is a bitch to deal with.

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
I need some help!

Finally got round to picking up a arcade stick, I went with the Fight Stick SE Edition(mainly because the cheapest I could find the TE stick was £130, and I got a pretty good deal on the SE version)

Anyway onto my problem, I now suck with Chun, who was/is my main, I don't think the problem is the stick itself as i'm now finding it sooooo much easier playing as shoto's FADC has now become second nature, but give me a charge character and i'm missing all sorts of easy stuff.

*Don't be afraid to ride the gate when you're first learning (not too hard though). That corner on your square gate (down+back) is a charge characters best friend, because it's GUARANTEED that you're blocking low and charging your moves at the same time.
*It's always a good idea to charge your moves in advance, if you decide to jump or use a charge move immediately hold back/down+back (that way you get into a good habit of buffering your charge). Even if you happen to not to use the charge move.
***Then of course just practice, it's gonna suck for awhile but after a bit you'll never want to go back to the controller.

Extra stars for the last one because you're going to get tempted to plug that controller in.

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
I need some help!

I went from it, and honestly the only tip i can give is keep playing. the 1st day i wanted to go back to a pad. couldn't do a boom, couldn't work any of bisons bullshittery, and i def couldn't do any ultra's or supers. after about 3 weeks or so it just clicked and I can't see myself going back to a pad. it's actually why i stopped playing the PS3 version (since my TE stick is on the 360). I kept my square gate too, after a while you don't even notice it's there.

And I've gotten immensely better with every character because of the stick.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MicVlaD said:

not if I'm in charge of that purple failure :(
although I did learn in our last few cames that dhalsims slide blocked is free lk xx scissors

catfish said:
not if I'm in charge of that purple failure :(
Crouching low kicks -> Scissors all day.
EX headstomps can't be anti-aired without trading.
Spam some standing roundhouse for good measure too.

All you need to know, basically. Might throw in some ambiguous cross-ups as well after you grounded Dhalsim since those are whack against him.

MicVlaD said:
Starting to get tired of Dhalsim. Not necessarily because I feel limited by his possibilities or anything (still can't do that one bread 'n butter combo though), but the more I play the more I get annoyed by his outrageous hitboxes. Real nice when you see limbs go through your opponent on multiple occassions, but then they either lose to an enemy move that came out later or hit nothing at all. Like that a lot during Ultra set-ups that end up costing me the match.

Any idea who you might transition to?

Cheers for the advice about the stick guys, i'll just stick with it, it really has improved my game being able to FADC properly has bought a whole new dimension to my game, just gotta get over the fact I now seem to suck with all chargers!

if anyone ever fancies a match just add me XBL - Smokingunz1981

I'm in the UK and on most nights from around 8GMT

Lost Fragment said:
I hereby dub this the "no debate over the lack of arcade release, just peace, love, and beatdowns" SF4 thread for the time being.
for.

I'm really looking forward to playing Deejay.
Is it just me or is SSFIV running slightly faster than SFIV?

~Devil Trigger~ said:
its a trailer, so they probably messed with the vid a bit
I think things looked a bit fast in the Thawk vs Juri demo vid too, but then again they're new to the game I guess I shouldn't gauge their speed.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm looking forward to SSF4.. because we will have flow chart kens again for 1 month!! WOOT
hey now, there are quite a few of flowchart kens with like 50k GP
they just play this game like it's WoW and grind and grind and grind

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm looking forward to SSF4.. because we will have flow chart kens again for 1 month!! WOOT

Truths, all these fancy new characters and people are gonna be picking shotos + sagat. Will "scrotos" become gaf's word of the month again?

Ahhhhh, good old trusty Official SF4 thread. What a releif from all that arcade talk!

My trial challenge progress status is that I have Viper last damn hard trial to complete. I think I can get it tonight. Pray for me GAF!!

Top Bottom