• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I think I made a guy mad..

So he takes his cursor on the char select screen to Sakura.. I choose abel and he switches instantly to Sagat.. He taunts me alot.. I have no idea what I'm doing with Abel but I still win.. (He taunts a lot in each round and still lost).

Then I go to Gen.. and he does Sakura->Sagat again.. and I win again.. then I do Fuerte.. and win again.. Then the messages start coming in as I'm still playing him. I eventually beat him with Sakura even.. and with Fuerte again since he told me to choose my main.. I even perfected him that one time..

The convo is below.. fun times.

My responses were pretty much like "LOL random shoryukens" cuz he kept "anticipating" jump ins.. Also I used a lot of "U mad?" and "LOL U Mad!"

f0401t.jpg

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I always thought Marn got away with a lot of crazy reckless BS when using Viper. Watching that Dictator capitalize on every moment of his opponents unnecessary aggression was a blast to watch.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wow at the angry mail.
the guy is serious, he wrote all in caps... in caps!

Dizzy-4U said:
Abel then. Ok, I'll try it tonight. Thanks.
Bring it on!!

Rufus

MicVlaD said:
What's worse if that I've played Dhalsims before who make a lot of mistakes (possibly because they might not be used to mirror matches), and yet they can pull off that combo no problem. Even on a standard 360 pad when I ask what their preferred controller is. It's driving me nuts.
MK to Flame isn't that hard, at least on a stick. (Are you doing HCB+P or DF, B+P?) But Flame to Inferno I find fucking impossible... I tried for an hour straight earlier today and every time it actually came out it was too late.

Solune said:
After facing you I wish I hadn't! Jokes.
This man is fucking good, and he gave me the worst fucking beatdown I've ever taken.
Never felt so much pressure that I messed up basic links and specials.
I won't make any excuses though, it really put my perspective on people playing competitively and casually.

welcome to the club! :lol

the man gave me quite the beating as well

henhowc said:
Quite the multi-tasker you were playing. Sending messages and getting beat down at the same time. :lol
He'd send back in the lobby and when on the char select scren. It was actually lagging up the beginning of matches :X

FindMyFarms said:
Don't mess with that guy, he has a lot of money. Don't insult him either, cuz its all inverted and you're actually insulting yourself.
Hey I'm gonna drop by your work tomorrow so I can sell you the DS.

And eat your foodz. (Though I'm having Sushi for lunch) Maybe Ill just drink at your bar.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
"IT IS YOUR DESTINY"

seriously, is this a twelve-year-old or something?
that part made me lol as well

<3 hate mailers. I wish i could beat down people bad enough for them to send me some hate mail (MicVlad doesn't count)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hey I'm gonna drop by your work tomorrow so I can sell you the DS.

And eat your foodz. (Though I'm having Sushi for lunch) Maybe Ill just drink at your bar.

Andrew(watch out for teh mooch), John, and Tony argonik are comin by too, just grab a table w/ them and drink away!

Also my boss agreed that if we have the official Absolute Battle preparty there (we can grab a DJ, lounge it up, etc.) he'll put 10% of revenue to the sf4 pot!

TurtleSnatcher said:
I think I made a guy mad..

So he takes his cursor on the char select screen to Sakura.. I choose abel and he switches instantly to Sagat.. He taunts me alot.. I have no idea what I'm doing with Abel but I still win.. (He taunts a lot in each round and still lost).

Then I go to Gen.. and he does Sakura->Sagat again.. and I win again.. then I do Fuerte.. and win again.. Then the messages start coming in as I'm still playing him. I eventually beat him with Sakura even.. and with Fuerte again since he told me to choose my main.. I even perfected him that one time..

The convo is below.. fun times.

My responses were pretty much like "LOL random shoryukens" cuz he kept "anticipating" jump ins.. Also I used a lot of "U mad?" and "LOL U Mad!"

http://i37.tinypic.com/f0401t.jpg
Hah, I've received a series of hate messages before from the same bloody guy! Good to know he's still tired while playing the game.

2rr3vgz.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17593629&postcount=42226

high five mang

Rufus said:
MK to Flame isn't that hard, at least on a stick. (Are you doing HCB+P or DF, B+P?) But Flame to Inferno I find fucking impossible... I tried for an hour straight earlier today and every time it actually came out it was too late.
I've tried both inputs before: neither made it any easier for me sadly.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rufus said:
I suspect you're trying to do three qcfs. Don't. What you need to do is qcf+p, qcf+p, although it's more like 2x qcf with a punch thrown in during the second motion, if it hits, hit punch again, and the super will come out.

You can do a lot of stuff taking advantage of the input buffer like that. One of Chun-Li's normal trials has you do Charge b, f+P, b, f+K in order to do her fireball then cancel into super.

FindMyFarms said:
Andrew(watch out for teh mooch), John, and Tony argonik are comin by too, just grab a table w/ them and drink away!

Also my boss agreed that if we have the official Absolute Battle preparty there (we can grab a DJ, lounge it up, etc.) he'll put 10% of revenue to the sf4 pot!
Oh sheet .. awesome.

Rufus

Hitokage said:
I suspect you're trying to do three qcfs. Don't. What you need to do is qcf+p, qcf+p, although it's more like 2x qcf with a punch thrown in during the second motion, if it hits, hit punch again, and the super will come out.
What you're describing sounds more like cancelling a fireball into the super. Yoga flame is a HCB motion (or just DF, B), so I don't see how I would end up with more than two QCFs. I can barely do two for the super to come out anyway before they hit the ground, just not early enough for it to actually hit. I guess I'm just not fast enough. :/

Hitokage said:
You can do a lot of stuff taking advantage of the input buffer like that. One of Chun-Li's normal trials has you do Charge b, f+P, b, f+K in order to do her fireball then cancel into super.
Funny you should mention her. I'm on her last trial and just seeing the list of moves made me say 'no, not today'.

I'll be soon hitting G1-B! I'm now at 39k GP. This game has been worth every euro spent. After 4700 matches and 370 hours, I'm still playing and learning.

I just wish that the SF4 community would be bigger here in Scandinavia or even in Europe. Another problem is that I can't get barely any offline matches.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CO_Andy said:
Those messages are hilarious. There's not enough of that on PSN much to my disappointment.

There was back when the game came out, but it's definitely tapered off. I haven't gotten any hate messages on either platform for months now, with the one exception of a recent message from a guy who said something like "Funny, the first time I played you the game was lag-free, and now there was lag whenever you'd attack me. Guess you have to cheat to win." Never mind that the match was laggy as hell for me too. It was being accused of lag-cheating that made me crack up. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FindMyFarms said:
I used to send out hate mail in my moments of salty rage, true story :/
What? You man ? Cant believe it.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
Ya, before I got my sanwa buttons, my se buttons didnt always work, add in some lag, and raaagggeeeee.
Don't take out the rage on other players, do what Gootecks does and just chuck the stick.

Did Ryu Change his name to Guile? Turtle matches are boring, sheeesh 97% of Ryu players never attack they sit and wait for you to Jump, i have met 2 good Ryu players on PC and they both beat me, the rest just suck, it seems like most people use shoto character the same way on PC.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
D'awww @ them cute puppies. I'd say the one sitting down should've been named Guile...you can tell he just loves to turtle all day!

In other news, Cammy mirror matches are sex. Pure mind sex.

Kaako said:
In other news, Cammy mirror matches are sex. Pure mind sex.

I despise Cammy mirrors... so frenetic it's hard to keep up :lol As a decent Cammy player, I don't have a good way to take care of other Cammy's. Ditto for Guile.

Ken mirrors are probably my favorite. So much fiyah

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rufus said:
What you're describing sounds more like cancelling a fireball into the super. Yoga flame is a HCB motion (or just DF, B), so I don't see how I would end up with more than two QCFs. I can barely do two for the super to come out anyway before they hit the ground, just not early enough for it to actually hit. I guess I'm just not fast enough. :/
God, I'm such an idiot. I first saw the post while getting ready to walk out the door, thought "Hey, I know how to do that," fired up SF4 for a quick test, made my post, then left...

...except an hour later I realized you might have been talking about Yoga Flame not Yoga Fire, and yup, you were. :(

Funny you should mention her. I'm on her last trial and just seeing the list of moves made me say 'no, not today'.
Finger gymnastics required! Oh, and that ex FA needs to be level 2.

Edit: Ok, tried out Yoga FLAME to Yoga Inferno, and what you need to do is start the 2x qcf before the yoga flame hits, and hit punch just after it hits. Again, input buffer.

ntropy

Rufus said:
the trick is to start the qcf motion slightly before you tap jab.

Top Bottom