• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
It does. Every mode but network play supports it.
So awesome, thanks for the info.
Gootecks podcasts while practicing Balrog nom nom nom nom

Rotanibor Eht said:
ggs man, you got a nice bison there. I kind don't think its Akuma's best match, but I am getting better at it. We definitely need to play again so I can get some more Bison practice in with you. :D

Also GGs Bistromathics. Oddly enough, even with only two bars I wasn't feelin' all that much lag.

Thanks, work in progress as always. I'm also trying to work on Abel and Rog.

My Abel was getting handled, embarrassing.

Threi

notag
Dizzy-4U said:
Yeah, despite almost everyone hates SFEX, I always try to see the good side of it. The music is really great.
i personally think sfex had the best roster of any sf.

yes, i went there.

_dementia said:
i want to see ibuki in-engine :(
I have a feeling Ibuki and Juri have the same 3d model, like Seth and Abel.

Dizzy-4U said:
Yeah, despite almost everyone hates SFEX, I always try to see the good side of it. The music is really great.
That reminds me. Shinji Hosoe (one of the composers of the SFEX soundtracks and some random Megaman games) and Hideki Okugawa (SFIII) should get together and make a good soundtrack for SSF4!

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I just started playing Blanka vs Sim matches. Can Sim always hit Blanka if a horizontal blanka ball HITS him? Am I not blocking fast enough? Seems kinda damn unfair.
You're right: Blanka's so screwed in that match-up.

Both the regular and the EX horizontal ball can be fierce-punched after the rebound whether or not Dhalsim blocks it. Jab punch and down-back fierce punch also beat the horizontal balls clean if the Dhalsim player knows the timing for it. Dhalsim's anti-airs can beat normal and EX rainbow balls no problem (no trades) or he can use his Super or Ultra (or worse: both) after blocking a rainbow ball. Blanka's electricity can be interrupted by Dhalsim's crouching short or medium kick unless it's part of a combo, and Blanka's Ultra can be countered by Dhalsim's own (even combined with his Super) on block. And that's not all, I'm sure.

The only way for Blanka to beat a decent Dhalsim player who knows the match-up, is to mix your game up really well and cross him up when he isn't prepared for it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
sonicspear64 said:
That reminds me. Shinji Hosoe (one of the composers of the SFEX soundtracks and some random Megaman games) and Hideki Okugawa (SFIII) should get together and make a good soundtrack for SSF4!
Just bring back Youko Shimomura.

LakeEarth said:
Abel can also hit his ultra after getting hit by ball. Once he has ultra, you plain can't do that move anymore.
shit, i had no idea you could do it on hit :lol

i do it on block every time though

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
strange_booj said:
Can someone explain how to do Akuma's ultra? I cannot for the life of me figure it out.
Press LP, LP, Back, LK, then HP in succession... or just hit LP twice then press Back, LK, and HP at the same time.

Everdred

Hitokage said:
Press LP, LP, Back, LK, then HP in succession... or just hit LP twice then press Back, LK, and HP at the same time.
Holy crap, thank you. I thought you had to push LP, Forward, LP, Forward, back etc. That was so easy I almost feel ashamed. Thanks again.

I need to learn how to use my stick, when things start to get intense I kind of start reefing on it and start blowing moves I can make in my sleep with a pad. I also tend to lose track of the face buttons and end up pulling off EX moves when I don't want to. I played this really mediocre Ken who tried to trap me with slow fireballs and I kept whiffing on Blanka's EX hori roll. I just couldn't punish the predictable patterns.

Sorry if I kicked any GAFfers who tried to join me through arcade request. I turned it on this afternoon and played a bunch of laggy matches with one and two bar players while going through arcade. After suffering through a couple of those matches I simply started booting people with anything less than 3 bars.

MIMIC

Banned
Saw this as someone's avatar on the SRK forums. Couldn't stop laughing :lol :lol

2n7mnwo.gif

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Question- I haven't found an answer for this anywhere.

I got PC SFIV due to Impulse discount

Anytime I change a graphical option- I crash. Game works fine and runs fine otherwise, just not full screen.

Wanted to fix framerate and make fullscreen.

My computer is easily powerful enough, and graphics card is updated (Windows 7 is apparently not the issue either)

Any clue how to fix/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dizzy-4U said:

SFEX was an awesome fighter, and SFEX2/Plus was pretty good too, although I liked the original the best. The thing about these games is that I remember them being really popular and people loving them, and then one day everybody just up and started hating on them. Maybe it was because of the ultra-rushed SFEX3.

I still wish that Fighting Layer had gotten a home release, too. Allen Synder and Blair Dame were my two favorite Arika characters. :(

FindMyFarms said:
Haters be damned, I love that game and especially its soundtrack, one of the best ever!

Yeah, Arika really knows how to make good game soundtracks!

TurtleSnatcher said:
What the frick? Werent you suppose to be at some bar... after you left goons? (Oh waits its 3am.. I just left goons)

edit - Dude we're in TX, bars close at 2 remember :lol

Yeah I'm back at my place and I didn't play sf4 at all today, and I didn't get any games in at goons, I'm on fuckin withdrawal :/ I nnneeeeeedddd it

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah I'm back at my place and I didn't play sf4 at all today, and I didn't get any games in at goons, I'm on fuckin withdrawal :/ I nnneeeeeedddd it
lol you read the dtx thread? Jon sounds pissed at andrew :eek:

PSGames

Rocky_Balboa said:
cboxsfivplat.jpg

SF4 getting a platinum hits edition. It was pretty cheap already.

Hmmm this should mean a GoD release shouldn't be too far out should it? This is a game I would love to have instant access to at all times.

Good matches MicVlad.

Yeah I noticed some of those hitbox bugs you mentioned. Well, one of them. Sim's slide vs Boxer's Overhead smash isn't working like it should. Although 90% of the time I use EX-Overhead Smash so it wouldn't matter, but a few times I used normal OHS and I didn't get hit by your slide.

There was some crazy matches, but somehow I always managed to pull it off in the end. The overhead smash was definitely your weak point and slide to throw was mine. In fact your throws were annoying as hell. In the end I started to tech more, but I always forgot to tech after the slide. :D

Luck was definitely on my side now, but at least you totally destroyed my Claw :D

LakeEarth

I've been trying to figure out how to win with Fei Long, it's not going so well :lol

His command throw is so slow, how the hell can you ever risk using it? Does it even work if they're crouching?

LakeEarth said:
I've been trying to figure out how to win with Fei Long, it's not going so well :lol

His command throw is so slow, how the hell can you ever risk using it? Does it even work if they're crouching?

Yeah it works if they crouch.

Fei Long's game revolves around footsies, rekka footsies, and his FA.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does anyone own the HORI Real Arcade PRO EX-SE for the 360? Its coming out in a few weeks but I can't find much in the way of impressions or reviews online.

I'm at the final round arcade in Miami. They got a tourney today. At least 30 came out. Flash Metroid is here. His Viper is sick. Anyways, I brought my humble Ryu. I managed to win two matches in winner. But I got peaced out by a Ryu pad warrior. I need to play more as my experience was my undoing.

LakeEarth

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah it works if they crouch.

Fei Long's game revolves around footsies, rekka footsies, and his FA.
Yeah I'm winning entirely off of his FA right now. Rekka is what I'm not using nearly enough, I'll watch some vids and see how to make it work.

Hen, I have the jap Hrap EX. It's a good stick. It uses soldered buttons versus quick disconnects. Also, no cord compartment. I like seimitsu buttons, less sensitive to sanwa. I also think the stick is a lil stiffer sort of.

Jenga

Banned
A question for all you long-time SF fighters, how similar are the shotos in previous games to SFIV?

I was messing around with 3rd Strike and alpha 3 on GGPO, and it was refreshing to fight Ken/Ryus for once.

then I go back on to SFIV and get my ass handed to me by fucking Ryu/Kens because I'm unprepared for them to perfectly DP me every fucking time and are seemingly using turbo because their jabs come out like fucking balrog.

Am I just being ignorant or what?

Top Bottom