• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Cowie

Jenga said:
People will pick him up just because Wong played him.

also, this announcer is fun to leave talking in the background

Honestly I don't feel like wong's rufus had any effect on the number of rufus' out there.. now granted, fei long is more of a "wanted to play as" character, but I'm voting we should wait and see.

Won

"We've reached the maximum number of streams for your country........"

Bullshit! Is it set to 2 or something?

1 FLASH METROID
2 ALex Navarro
3 BIG 5
4 ZERO GG
5 JOE
5 Arsenio
7 DNYC
7 Glitch
9 Ryan Hunter
9 Carlos Martinez
9 ARTURO
9 LEXY
13 Steven Nunez
13 Alex Garvin
13 ALBERT
13 MARK SOSA
17 Danny Lopez
17 MIA MANNY
17 Kevin Paul
17 Marcelo
17 Angel Mateo
17 Cris Crespo
17 ONYX
17 Nestor Ramirez
25 Nathan Roach
25 Luis Pinto
25 Christian Bauman
25 Matt SMith
25 Jose Denis
25 John Garland
25 Rick Ayala
25 JUNIOR
33 Michael Delgado
33 STeven Graniery
33 Jonathan Smith
33 GIL
33 Vaughn Mitchell
33 Mauro Ochoa
33 John Espana
33 James Reyes
33 Dave Cohen
33 Evelio
33 JEFFREY
33 Raul Cabrera
33 8 STARS
33 GABRIEL
49 Zack SAN
49 Saabir
49 MARIO
49 Cris Romeu

Results from the South Florida SFIV tournament. I placed 17th. I lost to Lexi in the winner's and DNYC in losers.

I'm kicking myself. I need to play more and level up. I seriously don't play this game enough. Compared to some of you guys in the 500s or 1,000s. I have only a few hundred hours. I'm going to commit to play at least an hour a day from now on and several on the weekend. I shouldn't have lost to DNYC, he kept beating me with the anti-air Demons. Like Gee-Ar, let me jump at this Akuma with ultra. I'd whittle him down, and the same thing.

kitzkozan

His Fei Long is incredibly aggressive,just as the character should be played. :D

Given Wong great reaction time,I am sure he could perform very well with the character.I already prefer seeing him with Long than Rufus.I am sure that he intend to master him for next year evo(especially of Wong is buffed for SSF IV),as he could have a big advantage if the arcade version isn't released in Japan yet or months after the console version(if Daigo or another top japanese player is in the tournament).

I also like the character itself,so let's see what he can make out of this "trash tier" character.

MicVlaD said:
You're right: Blanka's so screwed in that match-up.

Both the regular and the EX horizontal ball can be fierce-punched after the rebound whether or not Dhalsim blocks it. Jab punch and down-back fierce punch also beat the horizontal balls clean if the Dhalsim player knows the timing for it. Dhalsim's anti-airs can beat normal and EX rainbow balls no problem (no trades) or he can use his Super or Ultra (or worse: both) after blocking a rainbow ball. Blanka's electricity can be interrupted by Dhalsim's crouching short or medium kick unless it's part of a combo, and Blanka's Ultra can be countered by Dhalsim's own (even combined with his Super) on block. And that's not all, I'm sure.

The only way for Blanka to beat a decent Dhalsim player who knows the match-up, is to mix your game up really well and cross him up when he isn't prepared for it.

Man, didn't know about all that. Crazy. When I play this match, I'm mostly trying to catch him in air and hit his limbs with EX balls and just using blanka balls to get a better position.

And people are talking about SF ex and fighting layer. I personally like the EX series. I liked the character designs. EX3 was a big disappointment though.

So what is the deal with those EX specific characters? Akira owns the right to them? I assume, because he then put them in that fighting layer game? That makes me hope somebody could did the fighting layer series up and do a remake. It would be awesome I think.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
What the fuck the justin.tv stream locks you out and wants you to pay after a while? >:eek: Is there a bypass or a ustream link? I need this mayne!

kitzkozan said:
I also like the character itself,so let's see what he can make out of this "trash tier" character.

Actually most pros think Fei is a decent character. He actually used to be REALLY good until capcom nerfed him while Sagat was just chillin. (wtf capcom)

Augemitbutter said:
i really need to play this game more, but i have a feeling the quality of the matches get worse over time.

If you're talking lag, then yeah a little bit :(

If you're talking about skill, then play player matches. Lots of good players out there, just gotta take the initiative to add them.

Cowie

Man, the oversaturation of fighting game memes is making this commentary borderline unlistenable.. I don't mind a joke here and there but christ, this is more like..
salty salty salty salty mortons sodium lol salty salty pringles salty salty haagen dazs salty scoops salty curly mustache

Memes in moderation, fuck.

edit: in before someone 'u mad's me and completes the cycle.

h3ro

Cowie said:
Man, the oversaturation of fighting game memes is making this commentary borderline unlistenable.. I don't mind a joke here and there but christ, this is more like..
salty salty salty salty mortons sodium lol salty salty pringles salty salty haagen dazs salty scoops salty curly mustache

Memes in moderation, fuck.

lol u hypertensive

Just tuned in recently, were there any other big names in this tourney? Chris Hu is great, but if he's in the winners finals then I wouldn't really use this as a barometer for Fei.

h3ro

LakeEarth said:
... and that's why no one picks Fei :lol

Yup, his whole arsenal is totally negated by a good zoning character that spaces out his Rekkas.

I wanna see Justin take on Bison. See what kinda Psycho shenanigans he could pull...

Top Bottom