• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

2 things

1 - Wong got predictable with the overheads

2 - I don't think Fei has a good way to really handle focus baiting at close/mid distance, right outside of ryu's cr. mk.

The match kinda showed how Fei has a really hard time getting around fireballs. Let's see if Wong adjusts and shows us something new.

FindMyFarms said:
2 things

1 - Wong got predictable with the overheads

2 - I don't think Fei has a good way to really handle focus baiting at close/mid distance, right outside of ryu's cr. mk.

The match kinda showed how Fei has a really hard time getting around fireballs. Let's see if Wong adjusts and shows us something new.

Fei really needs something like Guy's elbow. that, or make the chicken wing easier to jump fireballs with. I'd be satisfied with a faster startup and upper body invunerability.

Geez does Honda have any defensive options against gief? That guy looked screwed after the gief got a knock down.

edit - Oh wow so Sanford's in losers, anyone know who knocked him out of winners?

Zabka

FindMyFarms said:
Geez does Honda have any defensive options against gief? That guy looked screwed after the gief got a knock down.
Not really. Zangief's reach negates pretty much anything Honda does to escape.

Barrage

"I see literally no way Fei Long can win this one."

K.O.!

EDIT: "If Justin only knew you could Super through the fireball...."

*Justin Supers through Fireball*

Is this dude intentionally cracked, or....

MIMIC

Banned
"If Justin only knew that you could Super through the fireball"

*1 second goes by*

*Justin supers through fireball*

@_@

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wong is the best SFIV player of the world.
The guy can change characters, its amazing.
I mean... FEI LONG!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Chris Hu: the true winner of my heart. The dude is awesome. :lol
Fersis said:
Wong is the best SFIV player of the world.
The guy can change characters, its amazing.
I mean... FEI LONG!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves there. ;P

I've been saying this whole time that Fei's a decent character. No where near top tier, but definitely not trash tier. I'd put him at around upper C tier below Rog,Rufus,Cammy,Bison et al

Barrage

Hu can't handle Fei Long or the english language.

This shit was jokes, glad I stumbled on it.

So they're playing MVC2 next? Wasn't Cable on some like Messiah-level shit in that? Is he banned or did people just figure him out?

kitzkozan

:lol

Gotta admit that he played great. :D This is how you have to develop a character who's considered weak.Gotta come up with some BS and train for the harder matchup(in his case,Zangief or Ryu or Sagat).

Scrubs will go back on the drawing board with Fei. :lol

That being said,I can just imagine how scary good Wong could be if Fei Long is buffed to become a high tier character in SSF IV.Even more annoying and deadly than his Rufus.

K.Sabot

Kaako said:
Chris Hu: the true winner of my heart. The dude is awesome. :lol

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there. ;P

He's the Renaissance man of SF4. He can play with any character and be good. Daigo can beat him, sure he can, but Wong is expanding his knowledge of every character he plays.

LakeEarth

Barrage said:
So they're playing MVC2 next? Wasn't Cable on some like Messiah-level shit in that? Is he banned or did people just figure him out?
Not banned, but really really good. You'll notice only a handful of characters in the game will actually be used.

h3ro

God's Beard said:
So there's a main tournament and all the losers have a second tournament, the winner of which gets to fight the main winner?

Yep. He got dropped down to Losers bracket after I think two successive 'Gief wins. He then took the Losers bracket, beating Sanford's (Chamford's?) Cammy and then taking the Grand Finals against Chris Hu's Ryu.

Also, Chris Hu for Evo2010.

Top Bottom