• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Damn, Yeb should of stopped throwing out those MK pokes when the Geif started predicting them and jumping in :( Needless to say it was a massivly difficult match-up, probably one of Gens hardest.

h3ro

That was a fun Gouken-Blanka match on the Gootecks stream.

I wonder what changes they'll make to Gouken in SSFIV.

kitzkozan

Zabka said:
Mike Ross vs Alex Valle Grand Finals going on right now: http://www.justin.tv/cicadatehl337

Ross won a 3 of 5 Set coming out of Losers bracket with Valle using Gouken. Valle switched to Ryu for the Finals.

A good Gouken is very entertaining to watch. :D That Valle match against Ross was very good,especially the eagle eye ultra by Honda.Ross has improved his Honda and Valle's Gouken is now tournament viable.

I knew Gouken was a solid mid-tier character,even if he does have glaring weaknesses.Not only that,he's always connecting with his ultra all over the place and the shin shoryuken is my favorite super in the vast history of SF. :D

K.Sabot

It's been a long ass time since I've seen Gootecks play.

Edit: He's rusty, he didn't go for the chip super after that last turnaround punch.

Zabka

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, seemed like ryu vs Honda was whoever gets first knockdown would win the round. So much damage.
Valle's crossup spacing and timing was almost perfect. It must have driven Mike Ross nuts trying to counter it because the timing is so strict.
A good Gouken is very entertaining to watch.
Valle had a great match against UTJ's Dhalsim earlier. Nothing fancy (as far as I can recall), but lots of nice long range counters.

Top Bottom