• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LakeEarth

I got this hate message after a game.
random block saved your assssss
I asked how you randomly block, but no response.

I also got this from someone else...
it pisses me off that can actually beat me. your online tactics would never work at a tournament.
... and responded how right he was, and that his random hurricane kicks would kick Daigo's ass.

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
I had some games with threi too(GGs too), he has a nice Bison!
thats how you get your wins? offer the promise of a fair match and then reveal later that you are from Peru? Dirty games mang

jk ggs i always kept getting beat to the punch with the charge moves, and against honda i take a crapload of damage :lol

on a related note I learned a new bison mixup on the fly playing against AZ Greg :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kadey said:
Sumo. I figured you have an above average Honda (based on your live replays) but yikes.

I assume this is directed to me since you're on my friends list?

The guy I was fighting was Akimo, the #1 Honda in the world. I'd love to see you do better!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oichi said:

The guy I was fighting was Akimo, the #1 Honda in the world. I'd love to see you do better!

Yes. It is towards you. It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything so sorry if you took it that way! My comment is more on the lines of if your Honda is as good as I think it is and seeing you get destroyed like that says something about Akimo. And yes, I know he's that good to begin with.

I could probably get a few more hits in during the match if I stared at him and distracted him for a second getting a cheap shot in. :D

Street Fighter dojo baby!

Are you dezpise on PSN too? or is that someone else? Seems to have the same GAF title or whatever.

Oichi

Kadey said:
Yes. It is towards you. It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything so sorry if you took it that way! My comment is more on the lines of if your Honda is as good as I think it is and seeing you get destroyed like that says something about Akimo. And yes, I know he's that good to begin with.

I could probably get a few more hits in during the match if I stared at him and distracted him for a second getting a cheap shot in. :D

Street Fighter dojo baby!

Are you dezpise on PSN too? or is that someone else? Seems to have the same GAF title or whatever.

Oh I didn't take it as offensive lol, I was just ribbing you. I got similar comments from my friends after getting destroyed by RF at a tournament a few weeks ago, it doesn't bother me because uh... they're like, top 10 in the world lol.

And I'm not dezpise on PSN... I have SF4 on PSN but I don't play it at all cuz it takes way too long to search for a match.

Oichi said:

Woah, are you the same Reno from the 5v5 at Evo?

Oichi

FindMyFarms said:
Woah, are you the same Reno from the 5v5 at Evo?

Nope. :X

MarkMan: It's okay, I've been having a lustful affair with haunts for months!

abstract alien said:
Thats what I was thinking...

Yuck, I don't like thinking *_*

edit - on the armor taunt

FindMyFarms said:
Is it just Kara FA -> taunt?

Went into training mode and I can confirm that's how you do it. I came up with some cool uses for it, but nothing that would be actually practical in a real match due to the ridiculously strict timing.

BitchTits

I've been using Rufus a lot lately, just looking for a new regular character. What normals combo well into his spin move?

I've watched videos where I think it was his standing MP, but whenever I've done it there's a big delay (regardless of strength of punch used for the spin). Is my timing off, or is there a better normal to use?

BitchTits said:
I've been using Rufus a lot lately, just looking for a new regular character. What normals combo well into his spin move?

I've watched videos where I think it was his standing MP, but whenever I've done it there's a big delay (regardless of strength of punch used for the spin). Is my timing off, or is there a better normal to use?

His BnB off the dive kick is st. short -> st. fierce -> fp galactic tornado (make sure you hold forward after doing the tornado)

Make sure your plink game is tite and you got your crispy creme links down though cuz the short to fierce is a one framer.

gutabo

Threi said:
thats how you get your wins? offer the promise of a fair match and then reveal later that you are from Peru? Dirty games mang

jk ggs i always kept getting beat to the punch with the charge moves, and against honda i take a crapload of damage :lol

on a related note I learned a new bison mixup on the fly playing against AZ Greg :lol
Sorry for being so far away :(

I think I got used to lag cause finding good conections for me is so hard... a 3 bar connection for me is great, a two bar connection (like we had) is ok, and a one bar connection can be playable too... talk about low standards...

Can't wait to see your new bison mixup!

BitchTits

FindMyFarms said:
His BnB off the dive kick is st. short -> st. fierce -> fp galactic tornado (make sure you hold forward after doing the tornado)

Make sure your plink game is tite and you got your crispy creme links down though cuz the short to fierce is a one framer.
Gulp... Sounds tricky! Will try it later, tnx.

BitchTits said:
Gulp... Sounds tricky! Will try it later, tnx.

If you can't do the link to save your life, just go HP - HP Tornado.

Lk - MP - HP tornado is easier too, and works on Blanka among others. I trash Blankas now, but for people starting out with Rufus you will have trouble with him early on until you get better.

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
Can't wait to see your new bison mixup!

Not much to it really, just a teleport behind the guy after a throw. Works good against charge chars. I just need to get the timing down because I think I can recover just quick enough that they can't do anything about it.

gutabo

Threi said:
Not much to it really, just a teleport behind the guy after a throw. Works good against charge chars. I just need to get the timing down because I think I can recover just quick enough that they can't do anything about it.
Hm, that does screw up charge characters... do you have a charge if you hold forward after the teleport?(forward would be your new backwards)

On a related note, after our games, I was so confident against other Bisons I got a long winning streak(38 wins) in championship mode mostly against blankas and dictators and I'm now at G1-E!!! :D

Steaks

Threi said:
Usually if you just have barely enough time to do that, a charge character can do B F B + whatever and get a side option select that will do a charge move in whatever direction you end up in.

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
Hm, that does screw up charge characters... do you have a charge if you hold forward after the teleport?(forward would be your new backwards)
No I lose my F/B charge (and retain my D/U charge).

kensk said:
Usually if you just have barely enough time to do that, a charge character can do B F B + whatever and get a side option select that will do a charge move in whatever direction you end up in.
Well it isn't something that should be done consistently, but I think every once in a while it will catch people off guard (like the empty DR into throw)

I am just trying to use as many of bison's tools as possible.

Steaks

Yeah I'm just elaborating that there is an option to beat that kind of stuff as a charge character. Rog can do that option select with EX Upper vs some crossups.

BitchTits

FindMyFarms said:
(make sure you hold forward after doing the tornado)
Just realised why you said this. Wow. I never knew the galactic tornado MOVED forward if you press forward (kinda like Honda/Boxer neutral jump HP) D'oh! No wonder I can never combo into it! :lol

Cowie

BitchTits said:

Just to add some easier options on top of the st.lk st.fp link (Though if you're going to get serious about Rufus, I can't recommend that enough)

If you land your dive kick close enough to the ground, you can cut out the lk link and just go straight to st.fp into fp tornado

You can also do a cr.lk into lp tornado, which is a nice quick low attack that still gives you the knockdown and/or ultra opportunity in the corner from a tornado

cr.lp also works, but I don't use that as much. I tend to use it when I'm in a situation where I end up mashing cr.lp.. three or four cr.lp's into an ex tornado is an option (at the cost of a precious EX bar).. but that's another 1 frame link on the last cr.lp.

If you're right on top of your opponent, a cr.mk into hp tornado is possible, but they'll get a chance to block if you're not damn close for the cr.mk.

Threi

notag
God's Beard said:
But if back becomes your new forwards, couldn't you just stay holding back and hit punch/kick when you turn?
I don't think so...Bison's teleport has a ton of recovery frames, more than enough to drop the charge.

I should fiddle around with this stuff in training mode though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yo! Whats up guys... Just finished the new http://www.iPlayWinner.com redesign and wanted to let you guys know we completely revamped the Street Fighter 4 guides. It's still a bit of a work in progress, esp with the console characters, but we added a match up chart for each character so now you can see VS videos and also have access to match up notes all in one place. We will be beefing this up even more over the next month or so, so stay tuned.

Also, keep in mind you can subscribe to each character match up via RSS. So lets say you want to be updated on any Sagat vs Ryu videos that we find, just subscribe on that blog and we will keep you updated.

any feedback is welcome of course, enjoy!

http://www.iplaywinner.com/streetfighter4

Just watched the Fei Wong battles from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7247CCFA9F8C865E

I also read on SRK how people were like Justin was an average Fei Long, can't believe people were falling for his shenanigans, my Fei is >>>, yadda, yadda.

Dude won a tournament in the belly of the beast. They act like he was playing with a top-tier character. If he came out of nowhere and said, he was going to main Akuma, Sagat, Ryu, etc, it would've been a different story. He picked frickin Fei Long. It's not the character, it's the player.

I can't wait to see Bar Fights II. East vs. West. Should be a good show. Hopefully, the stream works (unlike the last time).

Just bout everybody had a HRAP or TE at the tourney in South Florida. Wonder how many Madcatz sold?

Top Bottom