• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

FindMyFarms said:
Moar like tiger uppercutting the universe

Well take him out of SFIV then and put him in the next Dragon Ball game. He needs to be nerfed.

I hope they do buff the other characters and not so much so with Sagat, Ryu, Akuma, etc. But the game is so balanced (not perfectly but better than most games).

I get back to Cali tomorrow, so SFIV GAF help me get better.

FindMyFarms said:
What part and for how long?

The same part...the belly of the Mojave Desert. That's why Capcom has to improve the netcode if not I'm going to write a letter to Obama and say Capcom doesn't care about the troops.

You should've been there to coach me during the tournament. You probably could've gotten in the top 10. Man, there were a ton of tournaments on Saturday.

Does anyone have a link to the Mike Ross vs. Alex Valle fight?

BTW, there's another Blog update this morning right? I wouldn't mind if they reveal system or new graphical info.

"That's the weird thing about the game. In the old games, he could link into throws."

Not in SF2. Not an alpha player so I can't say for sure about that.

Spiderjericho said:
That's the weird thing about the game. In the old games, he could link into throws.

Really? I know you could tick but I don't remember comboing into the throws (unless it was an air juggle.)

God's Beard said:

In Street Fighter 4 you can't throw someone that's in hit stun, and thus you can't combo into throws. Akuma's ultra acts as a throw and thus you can't combo into it.

The only time you can technically "combo" into a throw is off a focus crumple.

Cowie

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Abel
El Fuerte
Gief
Dhalsim(not sure)
Gouken(not sure)

just tested out Gouken, he can ultra off of a deep j.hp or j.hk

edit: and Dhalsim can, but you've gotta be so very close to the ground

FindMyFarms said:
Really? I know you could tick but I don't remember comboing into the throws (unless it was an air juggle.)

I might be wrong but I remember seeing it in the old Game Pro SF2 and SF2 Hyper guide and Versus A2 guide. An example of a link would be something like jumping fierce, low jab, low short linking into SPD. But it's possible that the opponent can block the SPD.

The SF wiki for Zangief doesn't have any combos.

Here's a combo video from youtube which has some SPD combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmxn99mOTXw

And I remember doing Jumping roundhouse, standing forward into SPD.

Edit: included the video. It starts "combos" at 1:20 sec mark.

Spiderjericho said:
I might be wrong but I remember seeing it in the old Game Pro SF2 and SF2 Hyper guide and Versus A2 guide. An example of a link would be something like jumping fierce, low jab, low short linking into SPD. But it's possible that the opponent can block the SPD.

The SF wiki for Zangief doesn't have any combos.

Oh ok i see what you're saying but yeah if the other player is holding up then they won't get hit by the SPD though

Teknopathetic said:
"That's the weird thing about the game. In the old games, he could link into throws."

Not in SF2. Not an alpha player so I can't say for sure about that.

The only Street Fighter you could ever combo throws was Alpha 3 while in A-ISM, and I believe it is a glitch. And I might even be mistaken about that.

FindMyFarms said:
Oh ok i see what you're saying but yeah if the other player is holding up then they won't get hit by the SPD though

I included the video. I can't test it cuz I don't have any consoles/games handy. He does have some ticks in there, but some of them look like links. And in SF2 to Hyper, Zangief didn't have the whiff animation.

Steaks

Spiderjericho said:
That's the weird thing about the game. In the old games, he could link into throws.
Sort of. The only reason throws "linked" in the original SF2 was because there weren't any reversals, they weren't combos, it was just an inescapable setup (and there was no combo counter at the time to tell you it wasn't a combo by today's standards).

Edit: Throws stopped being "combos" when reversals were possible in... I want to say hyper fighting? It was either HF or CE. As long as you can reversal, you can escape a throw.

G1 is driving me completely nuts. I always seem to run into a counter character in the finals and given they're generally quite decent I have pretty much no chance against then :( Am beginning to think maining Abel and Gen was a terrible idea, I live in constant fear of Geif.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
YO good ish Haunts!

Buk's gonna be in norcal this weekend, do me a favor and make sure his Fuerte vs Sagat matchup is tite for SB4 yah?

Worrrdd... Ill have to go to Keystone this weekend I guess. :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
T. Hawk can also tick into his 360 grab and even super, and from what can I remember, you'll get grabbed whether you blocked or not if your timing is good...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spirit of Jazz said:
Am beginning to think maining Abel and Gen was a terrible idea, I live in constant fear of Geif.

Maining those two is a wonderful idea and my hope is that everyone starts doing it. Especially Gen. :D

Also, for anyone here, I finally installed my SE stick to my PC but now need direction for the whole Third Strike GGPO thing. So what's the bestest and easiest way to do so?? If its a long answer, a pm would be wonderful.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Spirit of Jazz said:
G1 is driving me completely nuts. I always seem to run into a counter character in the finals and given they're generally quite decent I have pretty much no chance against then :( Am beginning to think maining Abel and Gen was a terrible idea, I live in constant fear of Geif.
urk. every time I pick Abel I face a Gief, then I cry out in pain because I could have picked Akuma and wrecked house. ;_;

GeoNeo

I disagree.
God's Beard said:
What was the difference? I only ever played Alpha 3.

He is a lot more combo heavy in A3. He still has his great chain combos plus his setup's into his super, though using his meter for custom combos in A2 (Which won't be in SSFIV..I would think.) is a better idea plus a lot more damaging.

Really hope they don't change the vs screen art for SSF4. Sagats vs screen art was one of the main reasons I mained his bald ass. I mean, just from the fucking VS screen he looked like he was going to fuck your shit up big time.

Threi

notag
Pop On Arrival said:
Really hope they don't change the vs screen art for SSF4. Sagats vs screen art was one of the main reasons I mained his bald ass. I mean, just from the fucking VS screen he looked like he was going to fuck your shit up big time.
pretty bad ass, but nowhere near as badass as bison's vs screen.

and then you are headfaked when the actual match starts and you get this:

27y06tz.jpg

Threi said:
pretty bad ass, but nowhere near as badass as bison's vs screen.

and then you are headfaked when the actual match starts and you get this:

27y06tz.jpg

Bison has a lot of things going for him in the cool department. The fact that he finds teleportation to be so hilarious is really interesting.

Also, Norio Wakamoto.

TofuEater

I can't for the life of me do sagats BNB combos.

c.lk x2, c.lp into HP uppercut.

I can do the c.lk x2 fine, then I just get hit when my c.lp comes out or DP'd :(

TofuEater said:

I can do the c.lk x2 fine, then I just get hit when my c.lp comes out or DP'd :(

I share a similar problem name idea thief, I mean TofuEater. For some reason I do the same exact inputs for Ryu(my main) and Sagat and get different results. For Ryu I always do c. LK, c. LP, SRK. And it comes out as it should. But for Sagat when I do the same thing I always get a high tiger instead of a Tiger Uppercut. I find that if I do it slower, I'll get a Tiger Uppercut, but it won't link so it'll be blocked making it pointless since I may be heavily punished on the way down.

short cutz

I hold down forward while poking with sagats low shorts and slide down back as I press lp, and then slide forward again as I press fierce for the tigeruppercut. Shits easy, believe.

Rice-Eater said:
I share a similar problem name idea thief, I mean TofuEater. For some reason I do the same exact inputs for Ryu(my main) and Sagat and get different results. For Ryu I always do c. LK, c. LP, SRK. And it comes out as it should. But for Sagat when I do the same thing I always get a high tiger instead of a Tiger Uppercut. I find that if I do it slower, I'll get a Tiger Uppercut, but it won't link so it'll be blocked making it pointless since I may be heavily punished on the way down.

With ryu if you're doing cr. lk, c. lp, srk, you're linking the srk after the c. lp

With Sagat, the C. lp to Tiger uppercut is a cancel so the timing is different.

To land Sagat's cr. lk, cr. lk, cr. lp the timing between the lk and lp is a bit longer than the lk and lk

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TofuEater said:

Try c.lk, c.mp, c.jab xx upper

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Bleepey said:
The mp in my ex2 (standard sf layout) is non responsive how do i fix it?
I had 2 of these sticks. they both did the same thing. I think they are shitty sticks and you should return them like I did.

I heard that there is a circuit board under the buttons that can crack which causes the problem. It's a design fault. SE + Sanwa mod you wont be sorry.

rocK`

Banned
I recently got a new TV (bravia 40'' for my bedroom) and changed my x360 to 1080p...I noticed a lot of input lag and in game lag

I switched it back to 1080i and had no issues.

this sucks because 1080p looks so goooooooooood. :(

Top Bottom