• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hopefully in SSFIV they made Viper more accessible. She doesn't need to be more powerful, but she does need to be easier to use at intermediate level.

Fuerte as well.

As a design, I think Viper is the best SF girl they've done since Rose.

That includes all the SF3 females, who I like as designs just less then Viper.

arstal said:
Hopefully in SSFIV they made Viper more accessible. She doesn't need to be more powerful, but she does need to be easier to use at intermediate level.

Fuerte as well.

I think Viper just needs some decent defensive manuever's and she'll be good to go. The offensive player has so much momentum in this game that if you don't have any tools to help you out of a knockdown, it's hard to gain your own momentum back.

FindMyFarms said:
If it''s an anti-air HP TK you can just ultra when they're falling down after getting hit, if the anti air hp tk trades then just dash forward then ultra.

You can't do 2 hp tk's into ultra, but if you're in the corner (corner only) you can do hp tk fadc ultra

With the seismo, if they're standing next to you, you can just do an ex seismo and ultra when they're falling down, no need to waste two bars on a normal seismo to fadc.

Viper probably has the most ways to connect to her ultra after Ryu, maybe even more.
Oh, I know all of that, I was just testing some stuff I never tried before. :p

It's weird because your opponent is at the right height for the ultra to connect after hp. TK > hp. TK > FADC > Ultra. :(

arstal said:

Fuerte as well.

I can use Fuerte.. it means hes ez to use. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
Pfft.

HK > ex Hyaku > ex Hyaku > ex SBK > ex SBK > Ultra. :D

Connecting the ex SBK to Ultra is a bitch. I tried it once when I double fierce punched someone in the air, as he fell I ex SBK and then Ultraed. Felt awesome.

On a sidenote I finally hit someone with a Dash Forward Ultra. Felt so awesome to to fool my opponent to Hadoken :lol

Steaks

Kadey said:
That is so messed up. Kinda reminds me of SBO qual when he was playing favorites with KenI/Ed Ma.

Are you from the Philly area?
I'm 2 hours from Philly but I used to play there a lot when SF4/BlazBlue was arcade exclusive.

Seems pretty silly to fix it. It's his own event, if he wanted Ken I on the team, he could've just put Ken I on the team and skipped the qualifier pretense.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
Connecting the ex SBK to Ultra is a bitch.
Yeah, you need proper spacing for it to work, moreso to juggle ex SBK > ex SBK without swapping sides.

I tried it once when I double fierce punched someone in the air, as he fell I ex SBK and then Ultraed. Felt awesome.
Haha, I need to practice doing ex SBK after mid-air double fierce. Right now I usually just go for the Ultra after it when I have the revenge meter for it.
On a sidenote I finally hit someone with a Dash Forward Ultra. Felt so awesome to to fool my opponent to Hadoken :lol
Speaking of being on the other end of that, I've been wondering whether it's worth it to Kikouken FADC for baiting purposes.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
Speaking of being on the other end of that, I've been wondering whether it's worth it to Kikouken FADC for baiting purposes.

Well, from my experience in mirror matches if it's a slow Kikoken and you try to Ultra it will stop you (fireball will hit you). Same with a medium speed Kikoken. With a fast one you can do it easily, same with an EX Kikoken. So... nah I don't think it's worth it.

The first person to own me with a FADC Hadoken was eva01 here on GAF, didn't think that was possible, especially when he was mere inches away :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
Well, from my experience in mirror matches if it's a slow Kikoken and you try to Ultra it will stop you (fireball will hit you). Same with a medium speed Kikoken. With a fast one you can do it easily, same with an EX Kikoken. So... nah I don't think it's worth it.

The first person to own me with a FADC Hadoken was eva01 here on GAF, didn't think that was possible, especially when he was mere inches away :lol
I meant in general against other characters that can punish fireballs.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hitokage said:
I meant in general against other characters that can punish fireballs.

Well it has worked pretty well for me against Abel :lol Abel is faster than Chun's so he will also avoid getting hit by any fireball. I have done it about two times and has worked.

TofuEater

Was stuffing around with Akuma on saturday night and I played a guy and got this after:

vxyjx0.jpg

I replied with Akuma isnt my main

2m2g76f.jpg

Akuma, spamming fireballs... news at 11.

Mind you this guy didn't try to FA the fireballs once.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yay, tv's back so i can finally learn to use my fightstick!

jesus fuck how are you supposed to ex tatsu off of a light punch with this thing! fucking impossible.

edit: is there a stream for bar fights 2?

TofuEater said:
Was stuffing around with Akuma on saturday night and I played a guy and got this after:

vxyjx0.jpg

Wait, "one char"? Were you doing player matches? Because that'd be pretty fucked up to play keepaway Akuma in player matches.

TofuEater

God's Beard said:
Wait, "one char"? Were you doing player matches? Because that'd be pretty fucked up to play keepaway Akuma in player matches.

Heh, I wasnt exactly keeping away. Forward jump fireball, land on ground -> far HK, c.lk, lk tatsu -> srk.

Thats why im only stuffing around, cant get the execution right.

TofuEater said:
Heh, I wasnt exactly keeping away. Forward jump fireball, land on ground -> far HK, c.lk, lk tatsu -> srk.

Thats why im only stuffing around, cant get the execution right.

Maybe he was just trying to learn. :-/

hikarutilmitt said:
Better say "no throws" at the beginning of the match, too.

Hey man, Ranked or championship do whatever the fuck you want. Player matches are for people trying to learn the game. Not everybody grew up playing SF2. that shit can be frustrating as fuck for people just trying to have fun with a new game. I'm just saying.

God's Beard said:
Hey man, Ranked or championship do whatever the fuck you want. Player matches are for people trying to learn the game. Not everybody grew up playing SF2. that shit can be frustrating as fuck for people just trying to have fun with a new game. I'm just saying.

It's also for people that just want to play seriously but don't want to find random, lagged out matches against people using lag tactics to win or pulling to avoid rank. If you're trying to practice, practice. The tactics/character of the other player should not change that.

fernie417

God's Beard said:

Fuck that shit. If you're playing "for fun" and don't like that the other player isn't, quit wasting his and your time and just leave. Don't hover around the random select and whine when the other doesn't oblige.

Teknopathetic said:
Also, some people enjoy playing as runaway Akuma and are playing for fun as well.

OH NOEZ.

Well if you're just trolling new players that's different. I'm fine with that. Just don't go into player matches expecting people to know how to deal with air fireballs and then complain that they don't know how to play on gaf.

"Well if you're just trolling new players that's different. I'm fine with that. Just don't go into player matches expecting people to know how to deal with air fireballs and then complain that they don't know how to play on gaf."

What shit is this? People can't legitimately enjoy playing a turtle character? They're just trolling new players?

I'm saying play how you want, but don't bitch on GAF if people on player matches don't know how to play. New players shouldn't be forced to sit in practice and do link combos over and over. Superking was an ass sending tofu those messages, but I don't see any point in tofu bitching about the guy not knowing how to use focus attacks properly.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
It's cool if ppl constantly play keepaway, I'll just hate them very much and go to another playermatch. But hey, it's okay, yeb is up!

Top Bottom