• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tiger uppercut said:
Someboy wanna explain how you do SJC into moves with Viper, I mean at complete noob level. I feel this could help me up my game a quite bit.

If you're that new with Viper, the only thing you want to try atm is seismo sjc burn kick because you need to make sure you have her basics down before you start doing a bunch of fancy stuff. And as far as seismo to burn kick goes, just practice it in training mode until the timing becomes second nature.

Don't do 2149 + k for a burn kick after a seismo, do 29 214 + k, because that's the only input you can use to connect an ultra by delaying the input for the burn kick once you get more advanced.

LakeEarth

jam86 said:
With balrog you can do the super/ultra with either the kicks or punches. Kicks allow you to juggle (only if you hold kicks), punch gives you longer reach but no juggle ability. From what I've been reading activating with just pressing kicks and not holding (or using punches after), it activates the super/ultra a frame or 2 earlier.
I got ya. So it doesn't matter what button you press for super, all 6 work.

1) Beat a 62K GP Honda who just kept headbutting and sumo slamming... wtf?
I know who you're talking about. Can't remember the tag off hand (EDIT - personaljudas) but he has high GP and wins off turtling and headbutting whenever you try anything. Run into him all the time, and I have to use Abel cause I suck at Honda vs Honda.

-PXG-

God's Beard said:
I'm dying for the Barfail 2 to hit youtube. I heard Fei Wong used the command grab.

evildede said:
I'm starting to encode the 5v5 WC VS EC stuff, should be uploading it tonight. Sucks because I had recorded the whole thing, like almost 5 hours, with both streams at the same time, and then when everything finished, I ran out of disk space as I was about to stop the recording, the program crashed and I lost all the sound :( I'll still upload the video in 5 parts, lasts for about 40 minutes, and maybe upload some other shit later. Quality ain't that great but still watchable. Just wish it had sound to make it a little bit more entertaining.

I also still have the West Coast Warzone Third Strike and Blazblue finals, maybe I'll try to do that while I'm at it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
kensk said:
I'm 2 hours from Philly but I used to play there a lot when SF4/BlazBlue was arcade exclusive.

Like in Northeast? The gallery? Columbus ave? I know some great players but they aren't into the whole tourney thing. I should convince them to check it out.

Ad and info for Seasons Beating 4:

http://www.itbrog.com/

It looks like it'll be a good tournament. I was looking at pictures from last year's event, and this year is bound to be bigger with the XBL/PSN release of Mahvel, SFIV, Blaz Blue and...ugh KOF XII (does anyone still play that).

Also, they're clowning on SRK. Somebody actually pulled out a Morton's ad from youtube. And Watson is fuming. Sabin is like why did he even bother to fly back from Japan (I've done it, it sucks ass. 13+ hours of hell. Plus you have jet lag for several days) when he could've been leveling up.

And Sanford is pretty good with Dan. Better than I with any character.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Spiderjericho said:
Ad and info for Seasons Beating 4:

http://www.itbrog.com/

It looks like it'll be a good tournament. I was looking at pictures from last year's event, and this year is bound to be bigger with the XBL/PSN release of Mahvel, SFIV, Blaz Blue and...ugh KOF XII (does anyone still play that).

Also, they're clowning on SRK. Somebody actually pulled out a Morton's ad from youtube. And Watson is fuming. Sabin is like why did he even bother to fly back from Japan (I've done it, it sucks ass. 13+ hours of hell. Plus you have jet lag for several days) when he could've been leveling up.

And Sanford is pretty good with Dan. Better than I with any character.

Anybody going to this? This will be my first tournament ever. My goal is to beat 1 person :lol

SoCal represent!

I so wish FindmyFarms would send me an invite to GafChat.

GGs Find, you completely blanketed me with your Viper. You're learning her game quick. But I beat you with Danford, so I'm happy. I was pissed at the Honda fights, as they were so close. But I have to say, you're the PSNer I like to play the most because you're good and versatile (Boxer, Ryu, Ken and Viper).

SnowWolf said:
Anybody going to this? This will be my first tournament ever. My goal is to beat 1 person :lol

SoCal represent!

Get your ass whoop by FindMyFarms or Saqs, that'll help.

It looks like it's going to be a great tournament. Have fun, try to create comradarie (sp) with those there, as they're just like you. Now if you're coming from out of town, it's going to be hard to make connects for local play.

That's why I'm moving to Dallas to shack up with Find. We'll be able to play local play, and I can pull out his controller when he's winning (or give him diarrhea brownies).

Spiderjericho said:

GGs, you completely blanketed me with your Viper. You're learning quick. But I beat you with Danford, so I'm happy. I was pissed at the Honda fights, as they were so close. But I have to say, you're the PSNer I like to play the most because you're good and versatile (Boxer, Ryu, Ken and Viper).
Ill shoot it to you if you like. Whats your psn?

Mine: xenoetry

I started playing with rose as well...felt like I could learn more if I played a lower tier character. Ill run some matches with you.

psn: xenoetry

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
abstract alien said:
I started playing with rose as well...felt like I could learn more if I played a lower tier character. Ill run some matches with you.

psn: xenoetry

Post here after you play Saqs =)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
PhatSaqs said:
Anyone up for games on PSN hit me up. I only play Rose so free wins for all :p
That Rose is not human.

Edit:
Thanks for the matches Saqs...you were beasting as expected. The best I could do was get a couple of rounds with dat ass but not even remotely close to what you were doing with your godlike rose.

Spiderjericho said:

GGs Find, you completely blanketed me with your Viper. You're learning her game quick. But I beat you with Danford, so I'm happy. I was pissed at the Honda fights, as they were so close. But I have to say, you're the PSNer I like to play the most because you're good and versatile (Boxer, Ryu, Ken and Viper).

GG's yo, I think I figured out the lag issue. Whenever my roommate is streaming videos, it starts lagging like crazyyyy don't know why. Does Hulu have an effect on latency?

And you hit me with the Danford T_T (dan's ultra on someone's backdash)

ps - I sent you like a million gaf chat invites, did u not get any of em?

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
finished encoding the 5v5 between west coast and east coast. will be uploading during the night as when I do so it seems to use all the connection and my gf wants to kill me since she plays WOW late in the night and it makes her lag :lol They should be up tomorrow morning and I'll try to post the link when I am back from work. Hope you guys don't mind about the quality but I did the best I could with what was available. Recording from ustream doesn't offer the best quality ever but gootecks will probably end up uploading it as a torrent in the future anyway!

Tomorrow night I'll upload the other matches that happened before the main event and also try to throw in some West Coast Warzone Third Strike.

I unfortunately do not have the fights they did with their secondary characters (when gootecks and others joined in) as the program crashed just a bit after it started since my HDD was full. Really sorry about that. Was actually scared I had lost everything, but luckily video was still good, just lost the sound.

abstract alien said:
Lmao, Ive already gotten eaten alive by Farms though. I shall give it a valiant effort...

:^/

They're both tournament players. I'm not sure if it started before SFIV, but they're both knee-deep in it now. Galactic is also good. And if you play Qistoptier (not sure if he's still around), he's good.

On the Live side of the house, Caj and Yeb are pretty good.

The great thing about playing Find is that he gives you feedback about what you're doing and hopefully it'll help you get better.

During the Gafchat tourney, we'd have sessions because my experience level in the game was low (still is), so he'd tell me things to look out for in character matchups.

Like I mentioned a few posts back, he's pretty versatile.

FindMyFarms said:
GG's yo, I think I figured out the lag issue. Whenever my roommate is streaming videos, it starts lagging like crazyyyy don't know why. Does Hulu have an effect on latency?

And you hit me with the Danford T_T (dan's ultra on someone's backdash)

ps - I sent you like a million gaf chat invites, did u not get any of em?

NO!! I've never gotten them. I'll check again. Maybe I should look in the chat.

And streaming/bittorrent/heavy downloading can affect your network performance. It was killing me. But regardless, you were making me eat Viper's salad.

And I don't really have a secondary character, but maybe that will help me to learn the game more, so I'll dabble with Honda and Danford (though I do love randoms).

evildede said:

I appreciate the effort. I watched most of it but would like it to my SF video collection. Out of curiosity, was there not an option to record from the setups like some do? I realize it requires more hardware.

Spiderjericho said:
They're both tournament players. I'm not sure if it started before SFIV, but they're both knee-deep in it now. Galactic is also good. And if you play Qistoptier (not sure if he's still around), he's good.

On the Live side of the house, Caj and Yeb are pretty good.

The great thing about playing Find is that he gives you feedback about what you're doing and hopefully it'll help you get better.

During the Gafchat tourney, we'd have sessions because my experience level in the game was low (still is), so he'd tell me things to look out for in character matchups.

Like I mentioned a few posts back, he's pretty versatile.
Yeah, gotta agree. Farms helped me a lot to be honest. That was the first time I had ever played someone of his caliber, so it was a bit of a system shock. Gave me lots of info, dude's awesome.

Spiderjericho said:
NO!! I've never gotten them. I'll check again. Maybe I should look in the chat.

And streaming/bittorrent/heavy downloading can affect your network performance. It was killing me. But regardless, you were making me eat Viper's salad.

And I don't really have a secondary character, but maybe that will help me to learn the game more, so I'll dabble with Honda and Danford (though I do love randoms).

Hmm that's weird, check your received messages, I even sent you an invite during our session. Oh wells >.<

When lag's in the equation, no win is really legit. I was just mashing random shit with viper, it's not like you could have reacted to it.

How late do you usually stay up? My late night matches are usually lag free.

edit - I'm always down for randoms

haunts

Bacon of Hope
going to hop on PSN for a bit and see if its nice to me..

edit: omg r u serious i didnt unlock akuma on ps3.. fuuuuuu-

Threi

notag
SF4 wearyness is starting to kick in...im getting sick of this game now.

But then I tried Guile, so awesome. :lol

Im hoping he gets a buff in SSF4 (Just a quicker flash kick) because he is great to play. I am going to use him a hell of a lot more now.

haunts said:
going to hop on PSN for a bit and see if its nice to me..

edit: omg r u serious i didnt unlock akuma on ps3.. fuuuuuu-
Lol, had the same shock when I switch to the ps3 version, only to discover I hadnt unlocked a damn thing.

I'll jump on later. Like 8 p.m. pacific, as I have to do class work. So if you wish to harass me with your C.Viper, it's cool. And had no clue Haunts did PSN.

Speaking of which, I can't believe Capcom hasn't reduced the price of the DLC. I already have all of the costumes on Live but would like to be bummy Roo or Fencing Danford on the cheap.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BotoxAgent said:
Mind if I add u? I ran into u at a champ match and u beat me pretty bad.

I sent u message before and u ignored it lol

Didn't ignore it. I just didn't notice.

Anyway, will do.

Relix said:
Hah, fun games earlier man =D

Yeah, ggs.

Chun is one of those characters that I have a lot of trouble with even though I shouldn't. Her and Guile. When they start mixing my shit up my brain just starts going "hurrrr" even though I know how I should react. I have some sort of mental block with them for whatever reason.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You know Saqs, if you still have the 360 version... I am up to playing you anytime. You cleaned the floor with me last time and I want to see how I stack up these days now that I feel that I've leveled up enough =P.

Lost Fragment said:
Chun is one of those characters that I have a lot of trouble with even though I shouldn't. Her and Guile. When they start mixing my shit up my brain just starts going "hurrrr" even though I know how I should react. I have some sort of mental block with them for whatever reason.

Mental block!??! Did you see how many times did you hit me with Viper's Burning Kick ?!? It was hilarious. I didn't know whether to dash, FA, block, was kinda stupid :lol

So since Season's Beatings is coming up next week I was curious if any GAF'ers are attending? FMF, Haunts, Saqs, anybody else? I won't be but since there is a live stream(I think) I'd like to try and keep up with your matches and see how you guys do if you're going.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'll be there. I don't expect to get far in the tourney so I'll be more focused on photography and enjoying watching fights live. I'd also love to get my TE stick signed by Daigo.

Top Bottom