• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Honda's headbutt is one of the most demoralizing moves to get hit by in the game

I was disappointed he lost. He was wrecking Valle wit his Honda. But the Shoryu action nullified his shenanigans. I was surprised to see he plays Zangief. Not a bad one either. I wonder if he'll use him more, since Zangief is a better character than Honda. But I believe.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kadey said:
I'm aware of that. But that's not the point of my making these videos though. :D It's all about presentation and execution.
oh you said you were 'able to link Sakura's ultra into a combo', I was thinking some kind of followup to that >_<

but yeah you should dash as you get more hits, iirc. But no its not that easy, as the timing is still off enough to where you can't just do it right after the dash.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bistromathics said:
oh you said you were 'able to link Sakura's ultra into a combo', I was thinking some kind of followup to that >_<

but yeah you should dash as you get more hits, iirc. But no its not that easy, as the timing is still off enough to where you can't just do it right after the dash.

Ultra into combo. Not Ultra onto combo. :lol

I'm trying to come up with stuff for various characters and some of them don't even have anything.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kadey said:
Ultra into combo. Not Ultra onto combo. :lol

I'm trying to come up with stuff for various characters and some of them don't even have anything.
i think most do have pretty rad combos you can set up...have you tried the trials? They can show you bits and pieces of what works and you can modify it to your liking and make the combos more practical. And i'm gonna sound like a dick, but you combo into ultra, not the other way around.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bistromathics said:
i think most do have pretty rad combos you can set up...have you tried the trials? They can show you bits and pieces of what works and you can modify it to your liking and make the combos more practical. And i'm gonna sound like a dick, but you combo into ultra, not the other way around.

I've completed close to 90% of all the hard trials. That's the thing. I want to do combos not entirely from them but having parts as templates. It's just too bad that certain characters, like Balrog, already have the best possible combos you can do with them with or without an infinite bar. This applies to most of the charge characters actually, they are more limited compared to the directional characters.

No, you can say Ultra into combo, as in, putting an ultra into a combo and it could mean before or after. It can be interpret the same as combo-ing into an ultra. But to be precise for what you were thinking, it would have to be ultra onto a combo or simply combo after an ultra.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kadey said:
No, you can say Ultra into combo, as in, putting an ultra into a combo and it could mean before or after. It can be interpret the same as combo-ing into an ultra. But to be precise for what you were thinking, it would have to be ultra onto a combo or simply combo after an ultra.

This is a petty argument to continue, but I have no idea what you're talking about. 'Ultra into combo' means you're doing an ultra into a combo. 'Combo into ultra' means you're doing a combo into an ultra. Nobody uses 'onto'.

I'M OUT

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bistromathics said:
This is a petty argument to continue, but I have no idea what you're talking about. 'Ultra into combo' means you're doing an ultra into a combo. 'Combo into ultra' means you're doing a combo into an ultra. Nobody uses 'onto'.

I'M OUT

Say that in an english class. Really. :lol
You just misunderstood what I said. How hard is it to understand that I'm putting her Ultra into a combo, as in you know, the whole thing? I never stated before or after and that is where you assumed.

Let's be realistic. How many characters can even do any kind of combo after their Ultra? It's just common sense. Think about the most logical thing.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Marky can grow hair! Anybody else besides me think he should grow it out like that Yajoribi guy?
hahaha I just shaved my head again this morning x.x

everyone! guess where I am right now!?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
hahaha I just shaved my head again this morning x.x

everyone! guess where I am right now!?

I don't like baldness. It reminds me of the monks at the temple going commando and smoking weed all day.

In a hotel with some hooker?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I don't like baldness. It reminds me of the monks at the temple going commando and smoking weed all day.

In a hotel with some hooker?
uhhh hahaha

I'm actually at the movies right now watching toy story 1 n 2... its the intermission between movies.

and don't knock bald hair til you've tried it!

to keep this street fighter related...

if I WAS in a hotel room with a hooker... hmm let's call her Kadey (couldn't think of another name)... id low short short ex legs into ultra...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
uhhh hahaha

I'm actually at the movies right now watching toy story 1 n 2... its the intermission between movies.

and don't knock bald hair til you've tried it!

to keep this street fighter related...

if I WAS in a hotel room with a hooker... hmm let's call her Kadey (couldn't think of another name)... id low short short ex legs into ultra...

See, if you have hair, when I throw a controller at your head it would at least absorb some of the pain.

I see how it is!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
See, if you have hair, when I throw a controller at your head it would at least absorb some of the pain.

I see how it is!
I'm not afraid of a lil fightpad =) Throw away!

I'll throw my stick at you ;) haha

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
I'm not afraid of a lil fightpad =) Throw away!

I'll throw my stick at you ;) haha

Fightpad? I'll throw the duke controller! And if need be, the rest of the 300+ controllers. And I have good aiming from my softball playing days.

You'd never throw one of your babies at me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ok ok ok

I give up

ill shout out to neogaf tomm, stay tuned y'all

also!

how do u know which stick is my baby!?

*high fives abstract alien*

you know how we do

bistromathics said:

I'M OUT
this man is correct

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
ok ok ok

I give up

ill shout out to neogaf tomm, stay tuned y'all

also!

how do u know which stick is my baby!?

*high fives abstract alien*

you know how we do

Why ask a question that has no actual answer? You consider all your sticks your babies!

And yay I win! (As always)

this man is correct

From his point of view.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MarkMan said:

Jesus Christ I am gonna yell this in bed next time I have sex, and at the end yell "FUCK YEAH CHUN LI!"

So thats the trick...

Its not that I wasnt doing the right moves, or didnt have the right timing...I just had to EX her. Nice, thanks for the info. Leave it up to street fighter to teach us the bedroom skills.

Now, about going down then pulling an EX -> FADC...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Midnight Junior King PSN GAF Scrub Challenge!

PSN: Kaako

I'll be on most of the night so invite me on psn and let's fight...till death.

I can't believe you "people" (to include men and women) are arguing about something like this. I'm glad you're inspired to create your combo videos Kadey. I love them. And you're FADC are hot. I can't do them with my TE (fight pad and Saturn are another story).

What trials didn't you complete?

I remember when Mimic was coming in here all elated about completing the trials.

I still have two to finish (RSF and Abel) but I couldn't carry over my PS3 save over, so I haven't bothered to do them all again.

Mark, Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D was awesome. Hope you enjoy. Love the Christmas Carol preview.

BTW, I hate the backgrounds and music in this game. I pray Ono discards the old backgrounds. I know the music is going to be character based.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
I can't believe you "people" (to include men and women) are arguing about something like this. I'm glad you're inspired to create your combo videos Kadey. I love them. And you're FADC are hot. I can't do them with my TE (fight pad and Saturn are another story).

What trials didn't you complete?

I remember when Mimic was coming in here all elated about completing the trials.

I still have two to finish (RSF and Abel) but I couldn't carry over my PS3 save over, so I haven't bothered to do them all again.

Mark, Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D was awesome. Hope you enjoy. Love the Christmas Carol preview.

BTW, I hate the backgrounds and music in this game. I pray Ono discards the old backgrounds. I know the music is going to be character based.

It wasn't really arguing, more of me explaining my reasoning. He is not wrong in the least but he should know that I wasn't wrong in my saying as well.

Thanks.
Truthfully. I play fighters for not because of winning or anything but for all the combos and flashiness. I just love executing them. That's why I love the versus games. I'd do combo videos for them but the games are ancient and not worth it at this point since every possible combo is covered at this point.

I did not finish Cammy, Viper, Abel, and one or two more characters I can't remember. I got as far as Viper's third before completely stopping. I haven't touched hard trials seriously in months. I do remember Ryu, Dhalsim, Honda, Vega and Zangief having the easiest ones.

Spiderjericho said:
Hopefully, we can pick a different practice stage other than the damn grid as well.

abstract alien said:
Hopefully, we can pick a different practice stage other than the damn grid as well.

Yeah, let it rest with CVS2.

And Rock', it's a Saturday night. I wish my girl could play Street Fighter. I'm going to draw an avatar like Kadey's but have her in the center. Nay, I'm going to put one of those girls from the female God's Garden.

Can't wait for Bar Fights II. It's going to pretty entertaining. Can't wait to see Gen vs. Vega. No Ryu, Rufus, Sagat, Boxer, etc. Just a good match between two good players using off the beaten path characters.

Kccitystar

Kaako said:
Good ish Kccitystar! Sick rose and ken.
I'm the definition of flowchart. lol

I knew I was in for some shit when I sent the message "needs moar flowchart" lol

I stick with Rose to the death of me but I'm alright with Zangief and Ken, those are my 3.

I never faced a Gen so I was thrown WAY off with his speed, but I got some rounds in as Rose so I'm happy :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kccitystar said:
I knew I was in for some shit when I sent the message "needs moar flowchart" lol

I stick with Rose to the death of me but I'm alright with Zangief and Ken, those are my 3.

I never faced a Gen so I was thrown WAY off with his speed, but I got some rounds in as Rose so I'm happy :lol
Hahah I was just waiting for it man. I lost count of how many dps I threw out lol.
But yea, I'm loving Gen so far. Even though I'm still waaaaay beginer level with him. You pretty solid man.

Steaks

Good shit Gootecks for rigging the bar fights qualifier.

Shady K is up in points, Ken I is 1 point short in the round robin.
Someone forfeits to Ken I.
Ken I and Shady K are even in points, but Shady K beat Ken I in the round robin, meaning he would normally win, but no, Gootecks sets it up for a rematch (let it be known he is very good friends with Ken I).
Ken I takes it even though he technically lost in standard round robin rules.

kensk said:

Ken I and Shady K are even in points, but Shady K beat Ken I in the round robin, meaning he would normally win, but no, Gootecks sets it up for a rematch (let it be known he is very good friends with Ken I).
As fucked up as that is, wrong thread bro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376429

BitchTits

Just had an interesting match where I finished off a Rose player during their Ultra with Gen's vertical wall dive kick. I thought it would go into the animation for the Ultra, but instead we both got hit, incidently it was the K.O.

Seemed odd Gen got hit too, but no Ultra animation.

I was fooling around in practise mode with Viper trying to find an FADC > Ultra combo, and the only one I found was seismo > FADC > Ultra. I also tried doing hp. TK > hp. TK > FADC > Ultra and it NEVER connected. It's so annoying, it should have hit almost every time. Did anyone ever connect that?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
IT'S FUNNY 'CAUSE IT'S TRUE. :lol

500x_09nerf.jpg

I like Viper's design the most out of the newer characters. I like her design more than Mai, Chun-Li, Cammy, Alpha females, Vanessa (KOF), etc.

I wish they would've went for Afro Samurai Rufus.

kensk said:

"socal - we like to seed our own"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
kensk said:

That is so messed up. Kinda reminds me of SBO qual when he was playing favorites with KenI/Ed Ma.

Are you from the Philly area?

Aljosa said:
I was fooling around in practise mode with Viper trying to find an FADC > Ultra combo, and the only one I found was seismo > FADC > Ultra. I also tried doing hp. TK > hp. TK > FADC > Ultra and it NEVER connected. It's so annoying, it should have hit almost every time. Did anyone ever connect that?

If it''s an anti-air HP TK you can just ultra when they're falling down after getting hit, if the anti air hp tk trades then just dash forward then ultra.

You can't do 2 hp tk's into ultra, but if you're in the corner (corner only) you can do hp tk fadc ultra

With the seismo, if they're standing next to you, you can just do an ex seismo and ultra when they're falling down, no need to waste two bars on a normal seismo to fadc.

Viper probably has the most ways to connect to her ultra after Ryu, maybe even more.

Don't know. I thought Rufus had the most ways to connect to ultra? Ryu can do DP trade, anti-air lp DP, FADC, EX hurricane or fireball in the corner and what hitting the opponent with an air fireball close by?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
Viper probably has the most ways to connect to her ultra after Ryu, maybe even more.

Viper definitely has more than Ryu, but not Gen. Unless you're only counting one ultra at a time.

Also, pretty sure that hp tk fadc ultra works anywhere on the screen as an anti-air.

Lost Fragment said:
Gen has more, unless you're only counting one ultra at a time.

Also, pretty sure that hp tk fadc ultra works anywhere on the screen.

Haha yeah, I don't really know anything about Gen T_T

Hp tk fadc ultra only works in corner if the opponent is grounded, they fly too far away otherwise.

Top Bottom