• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Teknopathetic said:
Focus attacks > Bison. :-(

That's the only way I could really deal with his ground zoning, too bad Viper's FA is the worst in the game lol. That was the first time I did Viper - Bison, I see why Bison dominates her haha.

chriskun

Lost Fragment said:
Also, how does SF4's online system compare to other online fighters? I'm sick of getting "game is already full" and "unable to play" errors 75% of the time.

Blaz Blue's is way better. It does all the matchmaking for you pretty much. The only downside to the matchmaking in Blazblue is that you are gonna have to play Blazblue.

Nemesis_

chriskun said:
Blaz Blue's is way better. It does all the matchmaking for you pretty much. The only downside to the matchmaking in Blazblue is that you are gonna have to play Blazblue.
YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH!

But, seriously, functionality as a whole is much more better in BlazBlue. For SF4, I just create matches and someone always joins within the minute (sometimes little bit more). Try that if you're having problems getting a game.

K.Sabot

Shiiiit shit shit shit.

I keep losing to this Ryu who only knows how to jab shoryu into ultra, I can't believe I keep falling for this crap and feeding his ego.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Fersis said:
So... im playing Balrog... what do i do against a Honda if he is spamming Headbutts like crazy?
Do i have to time it well with a cr LP to stop it? The headbutt is safe on block? WELP!

For Boxer vs. Honda, Boxer can punish MP and HP Headbutts with LP dashpunch. LP headbutt cannot be punished by LP dashpunch so be careful. The animation between LP headbutt and MP/HP headbutt is noticable but you may get fooled if a Honda player does it at close range (Against a boxer I often do c.mk -> LP Headbutt and a lot of times they'll try to punish with LP dashpunch, which I block and punish). LP Headbutt can be punished by Boxer's super tho.

Basically for this match if you can get the life lead, you don't have to do anything other than hold down-back until Honda comes to you. If he jumps in you anti-air with c.HP (?) or headbutt, and if he walks up to you, Boxer can just c.lp him away.

K.Sabot said:
Shiiiit shit shit shit.

I keep losing to this Ryu who only knows how to jab shoryu into ultra, I can't believe I keep falling for this crap and feeding his ego.

As a Ryu player myself, I feel like such a dumbass when I get hit by this in mirror matches. I'll go for a cross up MK or Tatsu, but unfortunately I mistime the jump or misjudged the distance and eat a LP SRK into EX Hado or Ultra. I see that many Ryu's are still LP SRK happy, I just beat one earlier who kept doing it when I knocked him down or beat him in the air to air encounter. Sometimes the unpredictable ones can give me a real hard time as the guy I mentioned almost beat me.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
chriskun said:

You're stealing my material there son. ^_^

Timedog said:
Got Steam. My new comp is sweet. Do you guys think SFIV will ever go on sale on steam or drop in price? I don't really want to pay 40 bucks for a game I already own.

DO IT, then the most epic Ryu mirror match in the HISTORY OF GAF will take place. Place your bets and stay on GAF for updates because this one won't be streamed *dramatic music plays*

Fraeon

Lost Fragment said:
Also, how does SF4's online system compare to other online fighters? I'm sick of getting "game is already full" and "unable to play" errors 75% of the time.

I have to say that as much as I love SF4, the only online system that I've encountered that somehow does it even worse is Virtua Fighter 5. It's atrocious. I mean, seriously, DOA did it better years before and they're telling me they couldn't even do that much? SSF4 can only do better. There's the promise of actual lobbies, at least.

And hilarious Gief vs Seth match video. I've had similar experiences playing as Chun against Gief but none of them have been that bad.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am taking some Karate and Jujitsu classes. As I was explained certain attacks I couldn't help but compare anything to SF lore :lol . "Throw a jab!" I did it, thinking it was a 3 frame punch then the straight one would be about 6 frames or something. Felt awesome :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
DO IT, then the most epic Ryu mirror match in the HISTORY OF GAF will take place. Place your bets and stay on GAF for updates because this one won't be streamed *dramatic music plays*

OH FUCK I'M GONNA GET IT THIS WEEKEND NOW. Somehow I'm still terrible w/ stick. Do you have video camera or capture card?

Relix said:
I am taking some Karate and Jujitsu classes. As I was explained certain attacks I couldn't help but compare anything to SF lore :lol . "Throw a jab!" I did it, thinking it was a 3 frame punch then the straight one would be about 6 frames or something. Felt awesome :lol
but if you're Abel jab comes out in 5 :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I do the stuff that that Rufus was doing quite frequently. Sometimes I'll do nothing but dragon punches the entire match for like 8 wake ups in a row, just to let the other guy know that he can't break me mentally, i'm a fucking rock and if the life bar was long enough, I'd do 1,000,000 dragon punches in a row. I make sure that they're hp dragon punches too, so he knows just how fucking serious I am. Sometimes you have to let people know that you're insane, and that you're the last person they should fuck with.

This is the kind of shit you're up against rice eater.

ShinNL

_dementia said:
There are some flowchart Kens with 50,000+ GP
Some people grind this game like it's WoW or something
Those really aren't legit, because it takes 15000 GP to enter G1. There are GP finals with 999999999 CP's, which can't be right.

Timedog said:
OH FUCK I'M GONNA GET IT THIS WEEKEND NOW. Somehow I'm still terrible w/ stick. Do you have video camera or capture card?

Sorry, no capture card or video camera. I wish I did have one, it'd be nice to archive matches with fellow GAF'ers. I'll ask some of my friends though, so maybe I can record some matches if we're able to play.

haunts i checked out the ipw guide, clicked on the 'rog vs abel matchup... low and behold it's jba handling danimitsu's rog, well there goes my strats if I'm matched with JBA... :<

ArjanN

haunts said:
yes

being able to just like, walk into fireballs with Sagat is a nice luxury..

I had to get used to that with Seth as well:

Own most of the round -> make one mistake -> get hit by a combo -> dizzy -> dead.

It can be pretty frustrating, but it does force you to play better IMO, a lot of Sagat players online are sloppy, because they can rely on their high damage output and high life.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
^^^
I agree it makes you play better, forces you to make better decisions. With Sagat I can play like a retarded and not have to pay the price as bad as other characters. lol

jam86 said:
haunts i checked out the ipw guide, clicked on the 'rog vs abel matchup... low and behold it's jba handling danimitsu's rog, well there goes my strats if I'm matched with JBA... :<

Yo yo.. I found a couple that may help you and posted them .. It between Crackfiend and Ramin Partovi, both really solid NorCal player.s Ramin got 1st at this same tournament using Abel, and beats Crackfiend who, imo, is Americas best boxer. :D

Check it out: http://www.iplaywinner.com/ab-vs-ba-sf4

MIMIC

Banned
So here's what my brother tells me when I play him like the button mashing freak that he is.

"You block too much! I wanna play with the blocking feature turned off!"

@_@ :lol :lol

qcf x2

Gonna be available for XBL matches much of tomorrow. Gamertag: USVI STAR

Send a message/invite, I'll be more than happy to oblige whether you're a beginner or tournament caliber. I can learn things either way.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Been playing a lot of player matches.. a lot of varied skill.. but one thing seems consistent...

If they the other player has a win or two then loses, they will quit..

or

if they have a losing streak then win one, they will quit.. :lol

qcf x2

Or, if they play one match and you're distracted/just got on and they've been playing for an hour already and they win one because you're still warming up...they quit. That's really the only one that ever amuses me. The rest is just whatever. I quit when lag is impeding execution or if the person insists on picking Bison/Vega and flying away the entire match. Is it stoppable? Definitely. Is it at all entertaining? Nope.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I hate it when they quit after winning one or two.. never even give me a chance to bust out Sagat! I will say player matches are good for learning a new character though. You at least get to site and play a bunch of matches unlike the wiating game that is ranked/championship mode.

Threi

notag
haunts said:
Been playing a lot of player matches.. a lot of varied skill.. but one thing seems consistent...

If they the other player has a win or two then loses, they will quit..

or

if they have a losing streak then win one, they will quit.. :lol
Ive stopped trying to figure out the logic of player matches. For me, whether win or lose, I always get booted. Not laggy or anything either.

MIMIC

Banned
Sometimes this works: I'll lose (in a CLOSE match), and then get booted. So I'll change my title and icon, hoping they don't recognize me :lol. I'll enter in their lobby, win the match and then leave.

LakeEarth

I was guilty of that in my 3rd Strike days. There was this one Hugo/Necro player named SandyBags that would always rape me, in the end I only beat him once in probably 50 matches (not in a row). When I got that one win, I'm sure I quit for the day :lol

TofuEater

I usually start player matches with someone I'm stuffing around/training with. Then they go ahead and whoop my ass. I then pick my main, If I win by a huge margin I switch back to my training character :lol. Never been kicked out playing like this, unless the other guy has a solid game and wins every round.

Top Bottom