• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Relix said:
By the way, I need to say... Chun's trials are pretty easy :lol The final one frustrated me (It's huge), but then I figured it was pretty simple. The Hazanshou to Super was a thing of the devil though, at least i got it. I main Chun and hadn't bothered with the trials until last night when I beat all the hard ones =P.

yeah, I have to agree. Beat Chun's trials like the 2nd week I got the game (Ryu's is also really easy) :)

COMPLETELY FORGOT

Today is Season's Beatings 4 guys. I'll be cheering for TotalToanage to win MvC2.

Something came up and Buk couldn't make it out T_T

FindMyFarms said:
COMPLETELY FORGOT

Today is Season's Beatings 4 guys. I'll be cheering for TotalToanage to win MvC2.

Something came up and Buk couldn't make it out T_T
I was gonna go too, but got a cold yesterday. Need to get some rest and I can't risk spreading it there. :(

I'm against any one FMF supports. I'm backing NYC. It's all about the Giants, Yanks and the Empire.

Find, is there a stream link posted for the event? And what's this I hear about you switching to Tekken?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Awesome post Time. Thanks.

I'll try to do some of the stuff you said.

As for Viper. After the fp tk and fadc, I can't land a crouching fp for the life of me. I've been trying all sorts of timing. I can do stuff with like every other character but for some reason, stuff from Viper always gives me the most trouble.

This is how I do FFF:

c.hp (keep the hp button pressed down), qcb + release hp. Then as I'm releasing hp, I move the stick to db and as soon as I do that, I hit lp+mp for the feint. Then right after I do that, I hit hp again for the second fp. And yeah, as others have said, you don't fadc during that combo.

FFF takes a fair bit of practice, but it's not so bad once you get it down.

TimeKillr said:
(basically, if you don't have a button mapped to PPP, it's impossible to do outside combos).

Hard, but definitely not impossible. I can do fierce feint outside of combos about 75% of the time. Still, though, I'm not comfortable enough with it yet to do it when the other person's in a position to punish me if I screw up and get a tk instead.

BTW, whenever you're down with playing and able to record some matches and stuff, let me know.

I don't see the point of doing an empty fierce feint as half the time you get ex knuckles out.

Empty jab or strong feint is a lot more practical.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Faster recovery than the other feints.

But yeah, most of the time I don't bother with it and I do medium feint instead since I'm not as likely to fuck up and get punished for it.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm against any one FMF supports. I'm backing NYC. It's all about the Giants, Yanks and the Empire.

Find, is there a stream link posted for the event? And what's this I hear about you switching to Tekken?

FUCK THE KNICKS. But seriously, two good football teams and the yankess STILL don't make up for how trash the knicks are.

There should be a stream linked on the front page of SRK come game day.

I'll be pickin up T6BR and playing it competitively but no way am I ever leaving SF4. And since I finally got a hdtv I can finally start playing BlazBlue again :lol
shhh dont tell prototype

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
FindMyFarms said:
FUCK THE KNICKS. But seriously, two good football teams and the yankess STILL don't make up for how trash the knicks are.

2009-10 season is ours im telling u

WE'RE GOING ALL THE WAY!!!

FindMyFarms said:

There should be a stream linked on the front page of SRK come game day.

I'll be pickin up T6BR and playing it competitively but no way am I ever leaving SF4. And since I finally got a hdtv I can finally start playing BlazBlue again :lol
shhh dont tell prototype

Isn't today the first day of SB4? I was looking at the schedule. Today is when SFIV tourney starts. Top 8 HDR/SFIV is Sunday. Daigo/Justin is Saturday night at 9 pm EST.

I'll probably pick up Tekken 6 but won't play it competively. I want to dabble with the customization, play the story mode, etc.

And not every sports team is going to be good. Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets and the Nets (eventually). The Knicks haven't really been good since Pat Ewing retired. When they went away from bruise brawl, big forward (Charles Oakley, Charles Smith, etc).

And what tv did you get?

Spiderjericho said:
Isn't today the first day of SB4? I was looking at the schedule. Today is when SFIV tourney starts. Top 8 HDR/SFIV is Sunday. Daigo/Justin is Saturday night at 9 pm EST.

I'll probably pick up Tekken 6 but won't play it competively. I want to dabble with the customization, play the story mode, etc.

And not every sports team is going to be good. Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets and the Nets (eventually). The Knicks haven't really been good since Pat Ewing retired. When they went away from bruise brawl, big forward (Charles Oakley, Charles Smith, etc).

And what tv did you get?

Too bad the knicks never had a chance since my boy Hakeem beasted on yall:lol :lol Tekken games always had ballin ass single players, you'll enjoy it a lot.

And yeah, sf4 starts today. Since buk aint going I think I'll pass on the stream :/ SB4 gets big hype though for MvC2, TotalToanage is winnin it all!

And I didn't actually buy a new tv, my friend just let me borrow his 19 inch monitor T_T

FindMyFarms said:
Too bad the knicks never had a chance since my boy Hakeem beasted on yall:lol :lol Tekken games always had ballin ass single players, you'll enjoy it a lot.

And yeah, sf4 starts today. Since buk aint going I think I'll pass on the stream :/ SB4 gets big hype though for MvC2, TotalToanage is winnin it all!

And I didn't actually buy a new tv, my friend just let me borrow his 19 inch monitor T_T

We could've won in Game Six but Starks was just chucking up shots. The year before that we had Charles Smith just bricking layups and smothered, which might have changed the fortunes of the Knicks/Bulls series.

Do they have a list of the players/brackets?

Do you stay in a dorm, apartment or house? I remember you saying you had roommates. So I guess you just game in your room.

Spiderjericho said:
We could've won in Game Six but Starks was just chucking up shots. The year before that we had Charles Smith just bricking layups and smothered, which might have changed the fortunes of the Knicks/Bulls series.

Do they have a list of the players/brackets?

Do you stay in a dorm, apartment or house? I remember you saying you had roommates. So I guess you just game in your room.

I got an apt. w/ 3 other peeps. I actually game in the living room, as my room looks like a damn crime scene.

Also, is Daigo actually competing in the tourney or is he just in for the exhibition match?

Kadey said:
Hi hi hi@! Guys guys guys@

What's more impressive?

Jumping fp, crouching fp, EX seismo, mp TK, Ultra

or

Jumping fp, standing fp, EX seismo, mp TK, EX burning kick, super.

I'm going to use one for my combo video.

And I need ideas for,

Abel
Seth
EL Fuerte
Cammy
Zangief
Balrog
Bison
Sagat
Rose
Blanka
Vega
Rufus

I dont care if its impossible to do in a match because of infinite bar. It has to look impressive and something casual players cannot do.

For Cammy maybe:

FA>LK>LP>LKxxHK Spiral Arrow FADCf Canon Spike FADCb Ultra

I'm not sure if C.spike after the SA FADC will combo, but try it. That combo would impress me. all the TKCS combos looks flashy, but they're not impressive if you ask me.

FindMyFarms said:
I got an apt. w/ 3 other peeps. I actually game in the living room, as my room looks like a damn crime scene.

Also, is Daigo actually competing in the tourney or is he just in for the exhibition match?

Oh Daigo, we must bow before you for giving us the honor to pay thousands of dollars to fly you over so that we may shower you will many more dollars in the presence of sweaty, hairy men who live in awe of your stick handling abilities.

Seriously, the guy must be laughing his ass off to the damn bank. Freeee money. but who knows, maybe Jwong will step it up this time (10,000 GAF points says he goes Balrog from the start...or Fei Wong, haha).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
myDingling said:
Oh Daigo, we must bow before you for giving us the honor to pay thousands of dollars to fly you over so that we may shower you will many more dollars in the presence of sweaty, hairy men who live in awe of your stick handling abilities.

Seriously, the guy must be laughing his ass off to the damn bank. Freeee money. but who knows, maybe Jwong will step it up this time (10,000 GAF points says he goes Balrog from the start...or Fei Wong, haha).
Wong > Daigo.

Mr Jared said:
So what is this I hear about the Wong/Daigo match not being streamed?

Kinda dumb. They need to share that shit, even Evo made nice with the community and streamed their ish. Lord knows I won't be buying a Season's Beating DVD just for 10min of asian guys staring at a TV. Someone will post it on youtube/torrents I'm sure.

Mr Jared

Yeaaaaah.. Seasons Beatings may be large-ish and all, but I don't see myself buying a tournament DVD unless it's something as big as EVO or SBO. I don't see the value in paying to see Empire slap around and sandbag a bunch of kids from Ohio.

So yeah, that's dumb.

Aedile

I wonder if a pay-per-stream option was considered, assuming it's even possible. I would've paid a few bucks to watch the Tussle in the Rust Belt.

Aedile said:
I wonder if a pay-per-stream option was considered, assuming it's even possible. I would've paid a few bucks to watch the Tussle in the Rust Belt.

I've been saying this for a while, but the next step for fighting game tournaments is some kind of TV deal with G4 or something like this. I know it's niche, but just the level of hype at these tournaments is unlike anything in competitive gaming. Maybe one day when I'm finished with College I will try to produce something within the scene.

Or maybe it's unrealistic, IDK. A guy can dream.

Kadey said:

And I need ideas for,

Abel
Seth
EL Fuerte
Cammy
Zangief
Balrog
Bison
Sagat
Rose
Blanka
Vega
Rufus

I dont care if its impossible to do in a match because of infinite bar. It has to look impressive and something casual players cannot do.

I was going to do this for the Horse game. If someone reposts the last entry I'll go ahead and keep the game going.

If you beat me to the punch, though I don't think you will, I'll give you props :p.

Abel - Crossup mk, s. fp xx mp rekka fadc f+mk, st. fp xx mp rekka fadc f+mk, st. fp xx mp rekka fadc cr. fp xx lk roll xx falling sky

Six bar combo that's impossible in a real match, and no casual player will ever perform.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
i'm on PC right now playing. It looks really weird. The characters are way further back and I can see way more of the ground/floor. Is this normal?I don't know what's going on. I hate the PC filters too, and everything looks too "soft", kind of gross.

PC gamertag: Chickeny Dinner

You might want to play with your settings.

I have a 4890 and run the game beautifully. It looks like the console only better (because of 1200p, 4XAA, etc). You can turn off the filters.

Timedog said:
i'm on PC right now playing. It looks really weird. The characters are way further back and I can see way more of the ground/floor. Is this normal?I don't know what's going on. I hate the PC filters too, and everything looks too "soft", kind of gross.

PC gamertag: Chickeny Dinner
That's because your screen resolution is most likely set to 4:3. It's the same way on consoles if you're playing on a non-widescreen TV.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
i turned off the filter. it still looks really "soft" and fuzzy. I think it looks terrible. It looks like how australian or british tv shows looked in the 80's, like there's this weird haze over everything.

Dizzy-4U

Timedog said:
i'm on PC right now playing. It looks really weird. The characters are way further back and I can see way more of the ground/floor. Is this normal?I don't know what's going on.
Pick Cammy in training mode. Knockdown the CPU and jump foward immediately. At the top of the jump do a dive kick. Usually, for a quarter of a second the camera will go up a little and you won't see the opponent. If you still can see the CPU, something's messed up =/

EDIT: Ahh 4:3. That must be the problem. nvm

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Timedog said:
i turned off the filter. it still looks really "soft" and fuzzy. I think it looks terrible. It looks like how australian or british tv shows looked in the 80's, like there's this weird haze over everything.

Sounds like your monitor isn't calibrated.

That, or you're using low settings :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ysiadmihi said:
Sounds like your monitor isn't calibrated.

That, or you're using low settings :lol

Yeah it's not calibrated, I just did some windows calibration thing and that helped a tad bit, BUT I downloaded Painkiller and that looked fine. Company of Heroes and Civilization IV looked like shit, but I think it's cause those games actually do look like shit. Quake Live looked fine. Quake Live and Painkiller looked sharper, and in a way better than my 360 games. I think it was a combination of resolution and framerate. Maybe that's why I was obsessed with how AM2 games looked in the arcade back in the day.

Solune

Kadey said:

What's more impressive?

Jumping fp, crouching fp, EX seismo, mp TK, Ultra

or

Jumping fp, standing fp, EX seismo, mp TK, EX burning kick, super.

I'm going to use one for my combo video.

And I need ideas for,

Abel
Seth
EL Fuerte
Cammy
Zangief
Balrog
Bison
Sagat
Rose
Blanka
Vega
Rufus

For Cammy how bout:
FA > OTG EX Cannon Strike x 4 > OTG HK.Cannon Strike > St.HP > Cannon Spike > FADC > Cannon Spike > FADC > Ultra

Solune said:
For Cammy how bout:
FA > OTG EX Cannon Strike x 4 > OTG HK.Cannon Strike > St.HP > Cannon Spike > FADC > Cannon Spike > FADC > Ultra

Nah, I'm a combo scrub and I can probably pull that off.

An impressive Cammy combo needs a tight link in there: s.MP>cr.MK or s.LP>s.HP or cr.HP>cr.MK

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Just picked up my badge from Season's Beatings 4. Saw Justin Wong in person :D

I'm staying home tonight because I have work to do, but I'll check the stream occasionally for the SF4 3 on 3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I tried some of that Abel stuff. The FADC f.mk ones are too crazy for me. I can do up to two but that's it. :lol

So I put together some stuff from various suggestions. My first Abel combo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aY9bqyi0A :D

Tried doing the Cammy stuff. The sp arrow fadc and cannon spike does not link together. The most I can do with her while also incorporating the ultra is some small target combo. What's that OTG cannon strike thing and how do I do it?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kadey said:
I tried some of that Abel stuff. The FADC f.mk ones are too crazy for me. I can do up to two but that's it. :lol

So I put together some stuff from various suggestions. My first Abel combo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aY9bqyi0A :D

Tried doing the Cammy stuff. The sp arrow fadc and cannon spike does not link together. The most I can do with her while also incorporating the ultra is some small target combo. What's that OTG cannon strike thing and how do I do it?

That video is pretty creepy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh-so pissed that I finally bought a Hauppauge HD PVR to record my gameplay in HD, and the damn thing does not show the input at all, and thus won't capture crap. And I never knew about these problems until AFTER I bought it. Gonna have to return the thing, because just like others have experienced, the start up lights and so on are all perfectly fine, it just won't show the input nor capture...

So disappointed. Oh well.

Bob Loblaw said:
Season's Beatings 4 SF4 tourney starting in 15 mins :

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/seasonsbeatings4

Thanks for this, although I'm gonna head to bed in a bit...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Bob Loblaw said:
Team detroit just OCV'd Team Random with a Padplaying Viper.

i did'nt even think Pad Viper was possible.

He won cuz he knew his match ups and punished accordingly, not cuz of awesome super damage combos

Not sure if this is even known right now, but will there be a torrent for the second half of SB tomorrow? I gotta work, so I wont be able to catch it :^/

Top Bottom