• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hi hi hi@! Guys guys guys@

What's more impressive?

Jumping fp, crouching fp, EX seismo, mp TK, Ultra

or

Jumping fp, standing fp, EX seismo, mp TK, EX burning kick, super.

I'm going to use one for my combo video.

And I need ideas for,

Abel
Seth
EL Fuerte
Cammy
Zangief
Balrog
Bison
Sagat
Rose
Blanka
Vega
Rufus

I dont care if its impossible to do in a match because of infinite bar. It has to look impressive and something casual players cannot do.

Leunam

How do you use your Super after burning two bars for EX moves?

Oh, I see.

For Abel:

j.MK > f.MK > Dash > st.FP > lp. CoD > EX FADC > cr.FP > lp. CoD > EX FADC > cr.FP > mk.Roll > lp.Falling Sky

LakeEarth said:
I was guilty of that in my 3rd Strike days. There was this one Hugo/Necro player named SandyBags that would always rape me, in the end I only beat him once in probably 50 matches (not in a row). When I got that one win, I'm sure I quit for the day :lol

Oh shit, the Hugo/Necro player right? Man, he was a beast. I think he later when on to win some big tournaments.

I could never get a connection I felt comfortable with versus him. Netcode was so shitty for 3rd Strike, looking back now.

LakeEarth

With unlimited meter, Abel can fp (1 hit) xx f.CoD FADC dash forward -> fp (1 hit) xx f.CoD FADC all day.

And yeah, I remember facing SandyBags a long time ago. I can't remember his Hugo well (really good though), but his evil Necro I'll never forget. Always getting the electricity into fp juggle anti-air, constant block string pressure, using SA1 like 3 times per round. Guy was evil.

BotoxAgent said:
man, Fei is fun to use. Even though I suck ass with him right now. I'm digging his footsies.
he's the 4th best character in the game according to Prima
they know what they're talking about; they have frame data!

TimeKillr

Kadey said:
Hi hi hi@! Guys guys guys@

What's more impressive?

Jumping fp, crouching fp, EX seismo, mp TK, Ultra

or

Jumping fp, standing fp, EX seismo, mp TK, EX burning kick, super.

I'm going to use one for my combo video.

And I need ideas for,

Abel
Seth
EL Fuerte
Cammy
Zangief
Balrog
Bison
Sagat
Rose
Blanka
Vega
Rufus

I dont care if its impossible to do in a match because of infinite bar. It has to look impressive and something casual players cannot do.

If you wanna do impressive stuff with Viper, you can have fun

j.FP -> c.FP -> FP TK -> cancel -> c.FP -> ex Seismo -> mp TK -> EX BK -> Super

Your second combo is something that's not seen often (especially the EX BK) but doing an FFF first will look even better.

Good luck :)

Someone else mentioned having fun with Abel doing FADCs all day.

Seth, I dunno. I actually practiced this today in training at work:

j.RH -> c.jab -> c.jab -> c.MP -> qcb+short -> jump -> d.MK -> d.MK -> d.MK -> d.RH

It's not particularly hard to land, but he doesn't have a LOT of impressive juggles, sadly, since AFAIK the only move he can do off a juggle is jumping d.MK.

Maybe you could fool around with FADC ex Sonic Booms?

Fuerte's gonna be hard outside RSF - he doesn't have a lot of combos, much less FADC stuff.

With Cammy, you can look VERY flashing doing a TON of OTG ex Cannon Drives (infinite meter = infinite loop). A guy on this forum (SpectreRT4) did this to me in a casual match:
OTG ex Cannon Drive x4 -> OTG Cannon Drive (non ex) -> s.FP -> Cannon Spike. Looked very impressive. :)

Gief doesn't have a lot of combos. :( The only one I know of that is kinda flashy is c.jab -> c.jab -> c.jab -> c.short -> ex green hand

With Rog, have fun doing infinites with ex uppercut. Not that hard. :)

No clue what to do with Bison...

Sagat has weird stuff, but I'm not even sure it's worth mentioning (full screen EX low tiger shot, EX high tiger shot combos. lol)

No clue with Rose either. :(

Same with Blanka - not a combo heavy character and nothing really to chain with FADCs

Vega can FADC out of his roll - maybe try to take advantage of that to build weird combos?

Finally, Rufus? Again, not a huge combo character with long FADCs - I'd go for something that was discovered a while ago that nobody uses because it's character-specific: j.RH -> EX Snake Strike -> Ultra (in the corner). I don't even remember who it works against .

RoboJ said:
Worse, I've had people IN REAL LIFE do this to me.

Were they your friends or relatives, because I've done it to mine and they've done the same to me :lol

Just for fun though, we'd end up jumping back on like 5 minutes or so later.

Threi

notag
got through some guile practice

who knew a guy with two moves could be so complex? There are so many variations on his normals @_@

why does his flash kick suck so much in sf4?

df.hk > ex flash looks so cool but its almost impossible to land :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Awesome post Time. Thanks.

I'll try to do some of the stuff you said.

As for Viper. After the fp tk and fadc, I can't land a crouching fp for the life of me. I've been trying all sorts of timing. I can do stuff with like every other character but for some reason, stuff from Viper always gives me the most trouble.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kadey said:

As for Viper. After the fp tk and fadc, I can't land a crouching fp for the life of me. I've been trying all sorts of timing. I can do stuff with like every other character but for some reason, stuff from Viper always gives me the most trouble.
you dont fadc the tk, you feint it. do her challenges and you'll see.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Relix said:
I swear... I just put Chun's title and her icon and people are booting me off championship rooms :lol

I used to have this happen, too. I removed the icon and changed the title to "In Training." No more booting. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some of those titles have an opposite effect too. I run into a bunch of them and I'm prepared for the worst but these people can't defend against simple combos :lol

AZ Greg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll play you immediately when I get another 360. All my 360s don't like being turned on or something so I've been on PSN just messing around with combos and playing offline peeps.

AZ Greg

Kadey said:
I'll play you immediately when I get another 360. All my 360s don't like being turned on or something so I've been on PSN just messing around with combos and playing offline peeps.

Sounds like you're ducking me! ;)

I'm actually sending me stick in tomorrow for repairs, so I'll be a pad warrior for the next couple of weeks. :(

If anyone wants to play tonight let me know!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Why would I duck someone I'm undefeated against? :lol I like fighting your types, rushing in and stuff. The turtles are the ones that usually beat me silly since I don't have patience to just stay back all day.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kadey said:
Some of those titles have an opposite effect too. I run into a bunch of them and I'm prepared for the worst but these people can't defend against simple combos :lol

I keep wondering if people are boosting like they used to in ranked...I'll fight guys with 10,000+ GP who suck way too badly to have that high a rank.

Ever go back and try ranked, speaking of which? It's a ghost town. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
Sounds like you're ducking me! ;)

I'm actually sending me stick in tomorrow for repairs, so I'll be a pad warrior for the next couple of weeks. :(

If anyone wants to play tonight let me know!

That Vega training I got with you has paid off so much that I even used Vega and won a championship :lol

Lyte Edge said:
I keep wondering if people are boosting like they used to in ranked...I'll fight guys with 10,000+ GP who suck way too badly to have that high a rank.

I played a 50K GP ken who just SRKed. I felt so bad for him :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lyte Edge said:

I was going to make a video once of me just sitting there waiting for a match. One time it was like 20 minutes.
And when I do get a match, because of my icon and title, Hot Stuff and Boxy Ryu, many of them quit and I have to sit there and wait for a match again.

Kadey, you could play myself, Caj, Prototype, Saqs and the Asian Sensation, FindMyFarms (I hate him so much).

And I don't use an icon or I just pick a scrubby one, since I feel like I'm a scrub.

LakeEarth

Good games with Rastex. Good Gouken, but 40 fights straight against him is just too much. I don't know what it is but playing against Gouken online is so frustrating. "Knowing" you teched but it doesn't work leads to 40% loss of health, playing pass the fireball with a character with no way to get around them, it's all just gets into the brain. I'm willing to bet you heard me swearing over the mic. Nice corner mixups, and you were making good use of his normals, but I punished you a few too many times from a fireball to palm strike, see it coming and do invulnerable move punish.

And my Dan was actually new, btw. His ultra is so much fun.

Just played some awesome games against LakeEarth.

I was worried when he perfected me in the first match with Dan lol. But I eventually got into a groove and I think gave him a decent challenge. At the end it was 25 wins for him and 17 for me. I was Gouken the entire time and he switched it up between 6 chars or so.

The whole time I was hoping he'd bust out E. Honda and eventually he did. Surprisingly enough I won a match or two. Surprising because Honda is my hardest matchup.

Thanks LakeEarth! Great matches

edit: lol I was writing up this post before I saw yours. And ya I could hear you cursing when I got lucky. I thought ny random ultras were pretty good too lol. I'm trying to pickup Chun as a secondary but I've played like three matches with her. Will try to level her up for more competitive use.

LakeEarth

Yeah we started with me winning the first 8 games straight, but then you started catching up. Plus you figured out how to handle my Dan wakeup shenanigans. I eventually stuck with characters with good armor breaking moves to stop your parry crap :lol

Your random ultras hit more often than not, and therefore are not "random" as it is sensing a pattern in my attacks. The time you beat my Honda was the time you did EX hurricanes / ultra on wakeup, and I kept falling for it.

Ya it's just so damn risky. I hate Goukens weak wakeup game. Whiffing a hurricane kick is the worst feeling because you're just chilling in the air for 5 seconds just rolling in anticipation of just how exactly it's going to get punished.

If we could watch the replay with input data certain segments would be jokes as I was mashing ultra like crazy.

GG's to Galactic tonight. Couldn't get my Cammy going at all against your Rog, still as nuts as ever.

At least I ended the streak before it hit double digits lol, it was close before you busted him out.

TimeKillr

Kadey said:

Her 2nd trial shows it.

FFF is "Fierce feint Fierce".

Motion is exactly this:

crouching fierce -> qcb+fierce -> PP to cancel the TK -> crouching fierce

Don't bother practicing it empty as the timing for the cancel is different outside combos (basically, if you don't have a button mapped to PPP, it's impossible to do outside combos).

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I now <3 Balgrog and hate playing as shotos. Never thought that would happen. I just need to remember to always do the Buffalo headbutt w/ db, ub. Doing so creates so many more options once they're launched.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
God's Beard said:
I just lost 0-9 against a mad Vega in player matches. My life is over. My fei long was useless, and my balrog not much better...
Vega Dictator or Vega Claw ?

God's Beard said:
I just lost 0-9 against a mad Vega in player matches. My life is over. My fei long was useless, and my balrog not much better...

I just started using Fei, but I beat two Vega (claw) players last night pretty convincingly. Vega is focus bait, and Fei's focus attack is so good. Vega kept eating my full ultra almost every round :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
By the way, I need to say... Chun's trials are pretty easy :lol The final one frustrated me (It's huge), but then I figured it was pretty simple. The Hazanshou to Super was a thing of the devil though, at least i got it. I main Chun and hadn't bothered with the trials until last night when I beat all the hard ones =P.

I wanna second Honda.. but he's so unwieldy againt shotos and balrgos =(

Dynamic3

OK, I've had this game since launch and still can't FADC into an ultra.

Been trying with Ryu, and to double check I am doing this right:

F,D,DF+LP/MP/HP...MP+MK...F,F or B,B...D,DF,F,D,DF,F+LP+MP+HP

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Dynamic3 said:

that's the one!

I never learned it either. Or more to the point, I never learned any fadc techniques at all. Not sure how useful they are with bison or blanka though?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Dynamic3 said:

It's pretty easy on a stick. The key is to be deliberate and not spazz out. FADC to ultra w/ a back dash is easier to do for me than the forward dash with Ryu.

_dementia said:
remember to keep MP+MK held down while you enter the dash command.

What does that do?

Top Bottom