• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, I'm reading in the chat that an illegal change was made, which was the only reason that match up happened, and they let it slide - that's messed up. Shame daigo lost, but oh well.

Too bad for Jibbo, so close yet so far, a lot of links were missed, too bad for him...

Threi

notag
daigo really really needs practice against console chars though. It is starting to show up as a clear weakness in japanese players.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I like how Sanford claimed that Daigo lost to him earlier not because he didn't have Cammy experience, but because he outplayed him. Yet he switched to Cammy in EVO against japanese Dan, yet played Gouki pretty much the rest of the time.

Daigo isn't invincible. He loses in Japan (about 20 percent of the time). The best player at the tournament is Wong. Daigo is dealing with console characters, lap sticks, jet lag and having shitty team mates.

I want to see the Team Final. Wong is going to beast cuz Joe is going to lose to Floe.

I'm surprised it's only been SFIV so far.

And I doubt the Japanese go to Evo. It would be nice to see some foreign Tekken players come out. But the Japanese won't have SSFIV, don't play HDR and will probab have the latest version of Blaz Blue.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Good christ at all the "Daigo didn't know the matchup" FUD.

If a US VF5 player goes to a VF5 tourney in Japan, he better be ready to play VF5R, and no one's gonna cry crocodile tears for him when he isn't.

It's a US tourney, they're using the version of the game US players are familiar with, the end. If Daigo can't be arsed to do a bit of research into it then that's his own damn fault.

Shig said:

If a US VF5 player goes to a VF5 tourney in Japan, he better be ready to play VF5R, and no one's gonna cry crocodile tears for him when he isn't.

It's a US tourney, they're using the version of the game US players are familiar with, the end. If Daigo can't be arsed to do a bit of research into it then that's his own damn fault.

I doubt Daigo cares. He got paid to fly to the U.S. to enter some second tier tournament. I'm sure he's just enjoying himself. And Daigo's competition is the Japanese not U.S. players. Capcom segmented the market with the game. The game tanked on console in Japan and all of the REAL competition is at the arcade.

And Justin seems to be Sanford's Kryptonite. Looking forward to the rematch between Floe and Wong. That vacuum palm is ridiculous.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Skilotonn said:
Yeah, I'm reading in the chat that an illegal change was made, which was the only reason that match up happened, and they let it slide - that's messed up. Shame daigo lost, but oh well.
why is it a shame? he's the one that broke the rules.

Daigo lost. He chose to sit there and run it back. He man up and accepted it. His two partners could have said something.

People act like there's no such thing as losing. It's like football or boxing: any given Sunday or a lucky hit (ask the Patriots when they lost to the Giants or Tyson when he bushwhacked by Busta Douglas).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn stream is either dead or turned off again... ugh...

Pandaman said:
why is it a shame? he's the one that broke the rules.

He did? I thought it was the other way around? My bad if so...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Shig said:

Cool story, Mr. Brojangles. No one's saying it's not a legit win for Sanford, or that people shouldn't be allowed to play as console characters.

GAF can you help?

Is there a widely known manufacturing defect with SFIV discs? I just got a copy today (factory sealed) and the game won't load up or install. The 360 console is new so I know it's not the console (since other games work fine).

Most of the time it won't even load up (past the dashboard it just cycles the disk and tells me it's dirty or unreadable), other times it gets to the SFIV menu and has the same error message pop up (during the loading to arcade mode).

Is this a widely known problem?

permutated said:
GAF can you help?

Is there a widely known manufacturing defect with SFIV discs? I just got a copy today (factory sealed) and the game won't load up or install. The 360 console is new so I know it's not the console (since other games work fine).

Most of the time it won't even load up (past the dashboard it just cycles the disk and tells me it's dirty or unreadable), other times it gets to the SFIV menu and has the same error message pop up (during the loading to arcade mode).

Is this a widely known problem?

Not that I know of.

You should contact whoever you bought it from to try and exchange it.

I've bought the game for each console and never ran into it. I've played it on two different PS3 consoles. It sounds like a defect disc. The game's warranty should cover it or return it since it doesn't work.

And I never really paid attention before to which stream site was better (justin.tv or ustream). I can't remember what Devastation was on, but it ran smooth. I just think they didn't consider the logistics to the stream before hand or were limited in their options.

The last smooth stream I saw was the House of Cicada. Devastation was also good.

Evo was okay (the HD vids on IGN made up for it though). West Coast Warzone was okay.

Bar Fights I and II sucked. And SB4 sucks.

DryEyeRelief said:
Not that I know of.

You should contact whoever you bought it from to try and exchange it.

It was sealed from the Buy-Sale-Trade thread on GAF. Good seller, I can't see how he could have known the game didn't work considering it was sealed; I just want the situation rectified.

Hopefully I can get a receipt or a tradeout.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Complete run-down of the Justin/Daigo match, courtesy of me. The first 5 games were intense nail-biters. Afterwards, Daigo just steamrolled over Justin in what became a combo showcase. Seth Killian even remarked that one combo Daigo did was straight out of Nagoya Street Battle (don't remember specifics, but it was a series of tight links, 5-6 hits). Justin did a couple random wake-up ultras for no reason that left everybody confused. He did have an awesome Balrog ultra when Daigo attempted to cross-up. It was identical to the same one that Maeda Taisen did to Daigo in Nagoya Street Battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYl62JfFQCE&fmt=18

The crowd went absolutely bonkers when Justin picked Balrog. He showed good footsies in the first Balrog game but Daigo downloaded him fairly quickly. When he went back to Rufus, the crowd kinda deflated. I'm not entirely surprised by the C.Viper pick. I was watching Justin in casuals earlier today and he was putting work into C. Viper.

Game 1: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Justin
Round 2: Justin
Winner: Justin

Game 2: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Daigo
Round 2: Daigo
Winner: Daigo

Game 3: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 3: Justin
Winner: Justin

Game 4: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 5: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 6: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)
Round 1: Justin
Round 3: Daigo

Game 7: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Balrog)

Game 8: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Balrog)

Game 9: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 10: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (Rufus)

Game 11: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (C. Viper)

Game 12: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Justin (C. Viper)

Top Bottom